CarterQue Reviews

50 | Mount Airy, MD

50 Reviews for CarterQue

Jamie · Married on 10/20/2018

Awesome Food!

We chose CarterQue for our wedding because it’s one of our favorite local BBQ places to go to! Colleen, who’s in charge of the catering, was a pleasure to work with! When we first did our tasting with her, she went over every menu detail with us. She helped us to plan out our appetizers and buffet menu. Colleen created a “day of” schedule for us to make sure everything went smoothly, which took a lot of pressure off of us! She helped us to plan out every detail to make sure that the food and bar were all set on our wedding day.

On our wedding day, Colleen and her crew made sure that we received appetizers at our table, they made our dinner plates for us, and made sure we had drinks. They kept the tables clean and the drinks filled all night. At the end of the night, they packaged up our leftovers and helped us clean up. CarterQue brought enough food for all of our guests to get full portions of all the meats and sides that we chose. We still had enough food left over for a week after!

Laura · Married on 09/01/2018

Carterque was the best idea for our rehearsal dinner! The food was amazing and was ready for us on time! Loooove them!!

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/19/2018

We used Carterque for our wedding this past weekend and everyone LOVED it. We already loved the food but it was great to see it go over so well with our picky guests. The only complaint is that someone mentioned they had run out of mac and cheese. I'm not sure if they had brought another tray and just didn't reset yet or what the situation was, but we didn't ACTUALLY run out so it worked out fine. They gave everyone huge piles of food, the food was hot and fresh, and for our budget we got so many different options. The staff were professional and accommodating.

Victoria · Married on 05/12/2018

We loved Carterque for our wedding. My husband and I met at a BBQ restaurant and we knew we needed to have some bomb BBQ. Colleen was amazing to work with and made everything so easy. Their food was delicious and flavorful! Their BBQ meatballs with their signature black raspberry sauce was a total hit for cocktail hour! I would highly recommend Carterque!

Eileen · Married on 05/05/2018

We had CarterQue cater our wedding two weekends ago and the food and service were fantastic. We chose them because Colleen is amazing and the food KNOCKED OUR SOCKS OFF! They provide alot of extra touches like calligraphic menus, bartenders, recommending other vendors, and helping with setup/teardown. We've had many attendees comment on how delicious the food was and many went back for seconds or thirds. Working with Colleen to decide on a menu and get all the details sorted out beforehand was great; she kept everything simple and made the whole process as stress-free as possible. The entire day-of service team were extremely helpful and friendly and did a great job, even after having to scramble to change the location of appetizers due to rain.

Emily · Married on 03/23/2018

We cannot say enough good things about Colleen and the CarterQue catering staff. So many compliments from our guests about the food, including 2 thumbs up for a chef. The day-of staff
    and bartender were so helpful in getting the venue set up and went above and beyond to make our special day perfect. If you've looking for great BBQ, and a catering staff that doesn't stop at serving food, look no further.

Kyle · Married on 11/11/2017

Carterque made the process easy. Food was fantastic and a great value. Staff was professional and responsive. The bar never had a line and cleanup was done before we knew it. Highly recommended!

• Noelle

Noelle · Married on 10/01/2017

Colleen was super helpful with any questions we had and the crew was very professional on wedding day. We also used their bartender! All the food was to die for and they had a variety of sauces that was so delicious!

Tracey · Married on 09/03/2017

Carterque did the food for our wedding reception. It was fantastic. Everything was delicious - especially the mashed potatoes.
    The only thing better than the food was the service. Their team did a great job and Colleen anticipated every detail to help things go so smoothly. Highly recommend carterque!

• Megan

Megan · Married on 06/17/2017

Colleen was wonderful and the food was delicious!

margaret · Married on 05/27/2017

We wanted barbecue for our wedding and CarterQue was the first and only place we went to! As soon as we tried the food- literally one bite - we knew it would be the vendor for our wedding because it was so good. Colleen was always professional and consistently kept us confident in her services; she was more on top of things then I was some times! She has a lot of wedding experience and constantly asked questions about what we wanted and knew exactly how much food to bring so we would have leftovers for the next day. Even though she couldn't be there the day of, her employees were more than prepared. They were courteous and just as professional as she was. A great memory I have was when one of my guests came up to me and said "This is the best food I have ever had at a wedding. Usually people have these fancy dinners that aren't always that great but this could not have been better." I would recommend CarterQue to provide the food and services for any wedding. It was especially great to use them because they recently partnered with a rental place and our venue required us to provide every single thing (chairs, tables, china, etc.) so Colleen organized everything exactly the way we wanted- perfect timing! It ended up being less expensive then every other rental place we had gone to. The bottom line - CarterQue food was delicious and its employees were organized, professional, and helped my husband and I have so much less stress than we would have if we went with anyone else.

Sent on 07/26/2017

CarterQue's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. I was so glad that even with a little rain, the day went off well and that a good time was had by all! We hope you get a chance to stop by the restaurant and enjoy another good meal! Colleen

Sarah · Married on 05/21/2017

My wedding was amazing and the food was great! I had a barn wedding and the food tied everything together it was incredibly delicious and the staff was awesome too.

Melanie · Married on 05/20/2017

My fiancé and I had one goal when planning our wedding, excellent food! We had so many guest complement the food at the wedding. Beyond the excellent food, the service by all the staff was flawless. We were able to sit back and enjoy the wedding while the staff hosted a great meal. From the tasting to the grand event, the coordinator was 100% professional and customer focused. I would highly recommend them for catering, especially a wedding!

Kelsey · Married on 05/20/2017

CarterQue catered and bartended our wedding and did an amazing job! Colleen worked with us from the start, and was present on our wedding day as well. She and the crew made sure everything on their end ran smoothly, and even helped us to coordinate and set up other aspects of our wedding as well! The food was delicious and the service was wonderful throughout the night. We had so much leftover food to take home at the end of the night, it was crazy. You definitely will not run out of food when you have CarterQue cater! For the price, they provide exceptional value and service.

Vianne · Married on 04/22/2017

Colleen at CarterQue made the process of decision making very easy for us. We knew we had several food issues to deal with and she was able to give us the options we needed. Also, the crew for the day, Tosh and Robert did an EXCELLENT job. They were pleasant and responsive and went above and beyond the call of duty in their service. We didn't have to worry about a thing!

Gloria · Married on 04/15/2017

CarterQue has the best food and it is nicely served. So happy I had them for my daughter' s wedding reception. They did an excellent job. The staff was professional and efficient. I really thank them all for their hard work! I highly recommend them.

Brandy · Married on 12/29/2016

Wonderful experience! My husband and I used CarterQue to cater our wedding and highly recommend them. Easy communication, flexible, and when the big day came we didn't have to worry about a thing!

Hollie · Married on 12/10/2016

The food was fantastic. Very Professional. We will definitely use CaterQue again for future events.

I absolutely loved having Carter Que as the caterers for my wedding! The food was absolutely delicious and the staff was so friendly and helpful! I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for someone to cater their wedding!

Kayla · Married on 10/22/2016

Carterque was absolutely amazing! Colleen was very attentive making sure that our big day was absolutely perfect. Everything leading up to the big day was also amazing. I would only suggest that the day of staff members pay better attention to the way they are packaging the food when they are done. They placed a full container of potato salad between our hot meats and spoiled the entire full container of potato salad. I was not a very happy camper beings that we paid good money for the potato salad (and it was delish). That is the only compliant I would have.

Samantha · Married on 10/15/2016

Such a wonderful experience for such a big day! I would highly recommend CarterQue's!

Laurie · Married on 10/15/2016

Book them! Colleen was fantastic. They were booked with two other events the weekend we were interested in, but Colleen brought in extra help and worked our event herself. The food was great, the staff neat and very professional, they were ahead of schedule and were cleaning up without us even realizing it. They even helped set up our dessert cookie bar. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Claire · Married on 10/07/2016

CarterQue was perfect for our wedding! The price was great and the taste of food was even better! We used a license bartender through them which was very affordable. Colleen was a pleasure to work with, very professional and responsive. Our guests raved about the food and some have even used CarterQue for their own events since having it at our wedding. Thank you CarterQue!!

Linda · Married on 09/30/2016

Colleen is the absolute best to work with. She is just wonderful. And how they set up for the buffet was beautiful! Loved it all!

MJ · Married on 09/30/2016

So I'm your typical Type A, stressed out bride who had to change her decisions like 70 times during the course of the wedding planning because suddenly I had double the original number of guests, and suddenly we had a keg when we didn't expect one and suddenly I had gluten free requirements, etc etc.

Did CarterQue or Colleen stress? No way. They were cool, calm, and professional the entire time. They answered my emails immediately, answered my phone calls professionally, and met with us when we wanted to. When we needed things reevaluated, they were absolutely on point. And, hell, that was just prepping for the wedding!

Day of, the team was awesome. Food was delicious, the team was dressed perfectly and took care of all of my guests. Our bartender (from CarterQue) was friendly and made everyone feel great. They took care of all of our guests, and helped tidy afterwards. They served the cake, they took care of our desserts, and never felt like they were in the way or too far away. It was mind-blowingly awesome service.

Did I mention the food here is great? If you don't believe me, go to their restaurant and try it. It's to die for. Everyone at our wedding was raving about it.