Carsten Tice Photography Reviews

Carsten Tice Photography 3
Carsten Tice Photography 4
Carsten Tice Photography 5

Stephanie Mendoza · Married on 06/15/2019

You want to be best friends with her

My husband and I got married in June and Carsten was our photographer. We both have friends that are professional photographers in the wedding business. We consulted with them for our decision on our photographer and they were all impressed with Carsten. After meeting few photographers, I knew right away Carsten was the one. She was warm, friendly, and professional. Carsten is one of those people when you meet them you just want to be their best friend. she is very talented and will make you have genuine smiles because she is making you laugh with her "photographer lingo" . for example: "Smell your hair" or "walk with one foot in front of the other, like a tight rope" and her reassuring you with, "I promise this will look good in the photos". You feel ridiculous and laughing, but when you see the photos you look amazing! She was also very quick getting photos back. It took 4 days to get our engagement photos, and less than a month to get our wedding photos. She also gave us a sneak peak of 12 photos the next morning after our wedding (that was so amazing).

Carsten Tice Photography 6
    Carsten Tice Photography 12
    Carsten Tice Photography 13
    Sent on 07/25/2019

Carsten Tice Photography's reply:

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH for taking the time to write this! You are the sweetest ever. You and Sean made this job seem easy. I wish every wedding was as laid-back and fun as yours. "Wedding of the century!!!"

Working on your album design now. Can't wait for you guys to see it! :)

Geoffrey Nighswonger · Married on 04/03/2019

Best photographer ever!!

Carsten was absolutely amazing to work with. Carsten captured the beauty and excitement of our engagement and wedding. My wife and I were 100% convinced that a “good photo” of us would never be taken. We were certain that we were the least photogenic people of all time, and yet Carsten was able to take this ugly mug of mine and get me looking like Brad Pitt.... and maybe a little like Denzel too. I suffered the same unfortunate lack of ability of take a decent photo as Chandler Bing did, until we had our first photo shoot with Carsten. Working with her was a blast, she helped us to relax and was able to take our awkward lack of “posing” ability and capture the biggest moments of our lives together in the most beautiful way. Our walls and social media are showered with these incredible images and we cannot thank her enough for. If you are looking for a photographer for a special occasion, look no further, Carsten is your gal! She’ll bring out the Brad Pitt and Beyoncé in you in the most fun, relaxed and professional way!

Carsten Tice Photography 14
    Carsten Tice Photography 19
    Sent on 05/14/2019

Kristie N · Married on 03/30/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!

I highly recommend Carsten for your wedding photography! She did our engagement shoot and wedding and I couldn’t be happier with how all of our pictures came out. They are truly timeless and Carsten managed to capture all of the emotions of our big day. She was an amazing presence during the wedding and truly professional. Carsten is great to work with, very communicative and goes above and beyond to make sure you are happy. Even after the wedding Carsten has been so helpful with prints, photo editing and putting together our beautiful album. I can’t thank her enough!!

Sent on 10/01/2019

Carsten Tice Photography's reply:

Thank you SO much for taking the time to share about your experience. I truly appreciate it! You guys made my job so easy. Thank you, thank you!

Tiffany · Married on 01/13/2018

As a bride who also works in the wedding industry, I had an interesting time trying to find the perfect photographer. We had found Carsten through one of my bridesmaids whose wedding Carsten had photographed. We loved that we were able to get a first hand account of what it was like to work with her and we just loved the photos she took of my bridesmaid’s wedding. When we reached out to her, Carsten was so friendly and easy to talk to! She was also straight forward and clear about what services she could do as our photographer and what we could expect from the different collections se had at the time. As a bride being photographed by Carsten, it was so much fun! My fiancee (then, now husband) and I took our engagement photos with her and not only were the photos so beautiful, we also had a blast hanging out and finding beautiful places to be backdrops. Even though my husband normally hates taking photos, Carsten was able to get us to not think about it and was able to capture some of the most beautiful and heartfelt moments of us. And another great part was, the photos reflected who we are- it wasn’t a ‘cookie cutter’ pose or anything like that. She was able to all of the little moments, and years of our relationship through her lens and that was a blessing for us. We just received our wedding photos and cried the whole time looking through them! We can’t stop going through them- we love every detail that she captured. There were so many beautiful moments with friends and family that she and her assistant perfectly captured and I highly recommend her!

Carsten Tice Photography 20
    Carsten Tice Photography 21
    Sent on 02/22/2018

Chris Mangano · Married on 10/07/2017

Wedding Photos

We hired Carsten to do our wedding photography and she was great. She was easy to work with and captured our wedding perfectly. We highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/31/2018

Linda · Married on 09/08/2017

Carsten was our wedding photographer. The reason why I went with her was because she just doesn't take the obvious shots but she is able to capture the moment and emotions at the time. She was pleasure to work with and I couldn't have asked for a better person to work with. She went above and beyond to ensure that I was happy.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND her and will definitely be using her again.

Sent on 11/30/2017

Patricia · Married on 08/05/2017

We are so so happy we found Carsten! Her professionalism, personality, and value cannot be beat. We met her a few days before the wedding for our engagement session (we are out-of-town and she was able to accommodate), and she made us feel so at ease, and the photos showed how comfortable we were. She was incredibly communicative in the lead-up to the wedding and was very patient and enthusiastic in responding to all of our questions and timeline asks/changes. She turned around engagement photos within two days and provided sneak peaks of the wedding within two days as well. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend her!

Sent on 08/15/2017
  • Derek

Derek Thomas · Married on 07/07/2017

Highly Recommended Photographer!

Carsten is an amazing photographer, professional and person. At our wedding, she was extremely pleasant and her imagination and creativity left us with memorable pictures that were unbelievable and unimaginable. She has a knack for position and catching symbolism within a photo and the creativity to make symbolism pop out of a photo. One of our favorites in particular, was a post card worthy photo that captures my wife and I in our first dance as we were positioned by the lit "Mr and Mrs" sign that popped out in the background. I highly recommend Carsten if you want to make the most of your memories.

Carsten Tice Photography 22
    Sent on 12/30/2018

Nicole · Married on 06/17/2017

Carsten Tice was a fantastic photographer! We did engagement and wedding pictures through her. We loved working with her! During our engagement shoot she was intuitive and flexible with shots and allowed us to feel very comfortable posing with her. On the wedding day – she was GREAT! She was on time, easy to work with, and got great pictures. She seemed to be everywhere and no where – in the best way. Our pictures turned out fantastic! Specifically, she did a great job handling our large family pictures. Her joy was a pleasure to be around and her professionalism was much appreciated. Also, I loved the access to the pictures through the portal she creates. It was great to filter through the pictures before sharing them with friends/family. We HIGHLY recommend her for your future picture needs!

Sent on 01/09/2018

Carsten Tice Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! I so appreciate it. Your wedding was AWESOME! :) One of my favorites!

Brooke · Married on 06/02/2017

It was an absolute joy to have Carsten photograph my wedding. She was accessible and helpful in the planning and on the day of she and her second photographer were busy getting shots of details and getting ready long before the wedding even started and stayed to take gorgeous sendoff pictures at the end of the night. She's professional but fun so posing for a million photos was so much more enjoyable than my husband had anticipated. Carsten knew the best timing to take perfect sunset pictures and was able to capture all the little moments of our big day in amazing detail. I HIGHLY recommend her!

Carsten Tice Photography 23
    Carsten Tice Photography 24
    Carsten Tice Photography 25
    Carsten Tice Photography 26
    Carsten Tice Photography 27
    Carsten Tice Photography 28
    Sent on 07/25/2018

Carsten Tice Photography's reply:

Brooke, I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to let other couples know about your experience with me. I appreciate your time so much. Thank you!!!! If every wedding were as beautiful and went as smoothly as yours, I’d be the happiest photographer in the world!

Nicole · Married on 01/15/2017

Carsten was so sweet! She was very flexible and accommodated both locations that I wanted to utilize to shoot my engagement photos at. I loved my photos and she gave numerous compliments and gentle staging directions to help my fiancé and I look our best in each shot. The engagement shoot was very affordable.

Carsten Tice Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! It was so fun working with you both! :)

James · Married on 10/16/2016

My wife and I found Carsten online while planning our wedding and we reached out to her because of the great reviews about her service. After doing an engagement photo shoot, we knew she'd be perfect for our wedding and she was! Carsten was professional, punctual and flexible; our favorite thing about her was that she continuously encouraged us to give her ideas of what we wanted to do and see. Even after our wedding, we have used Carsten for our shoots. We are definitely pleased with her work!

Sent on 12/14/2017

Carsten Tice Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to share these kind words. I so appreciate it!!!

Tiandra · Married on 10/01/2016

Carsten had stepped in as our wedding photographer when a previous one had fell through. From the moment I requested a quote, to the day of our wedding, she was kind, attentive, flexible and professional. She made me feel special and understood the need for smooth planning for a wedding planned in such a short period of time. My photos, which is what I loved the most about my wedding, were absolutely stunning. They are all over my home and I love to see how gorgeous they came out and the quality of the work done. I am forever thankful that Carsten was my photographer and I highly recommend her to anyone planning they one-of-a-kind special wedding day, or any other occasion!

Carsten Tice Photography 29
    Carsten Tice Photography 30
    Sent on 12/14/2017

Carsten Tice Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Tiandra! I can't tell you how much I appreciate hearing this! :)

Cynthia · Married on 09/25/2016

It was such a pleasure working with Carsten throughout the entire engagement shoot process, can't say enough great things about her!

As a first time bride, I want to make sure I enjoy the entire planning process. It's so easy to get engrossed in all the minutiae of planning that you have to keep reminding yourself to take a step back, relax and have fun with everything or else what's the point of getting married? Before you know it, those few hours you spent a year planning are gone.

After reviewing several photographers, Carsten was the only one who really stood out from the rest because she's such a personable and kind person! When I mentioned to her what my vision was she immediately got very excited and in turn, made me very excited as well! I knew we were going to have a great working relationship and that's very important to me.

Her price is very reasonable and she is super flexible! She's willing to travel and is obviously in it for the vision and wants to capture your special moments, together.

She's great with post work as well! Brought my cinematic vision to life.

Christy · Married on 09/24/2016

The minute we met Carsten, we liked her! At our wedding, she was absolutely lovely! Professional, easy-going and "invisible". How did she get those candid shots?! What an amazing eye! The photos exceeded all our expectations, beautifully shot, with real and vibrant colors. She so skillfully captured the joy, laughter and fun that made our special day a memory we will always have. Thank you Carsten! We would highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Meriel · Married on 09/03/2016

My husband and I are so pleased to have had Carsten photograph our wedding. We love the quality of the photos we received and were so impressed with Carsten's speed in getting us the photos! Accessing the photos through her online gallery is GREAT! Makes everything so easy and organized. She has simplified a lot of the process successfully which we appreciated (wedding planning is hard!). Carsten was able to capture so many of the details of the wedding and wonderful candid shots of everyone enjoying themselves - I know we will treasure these pictures for years to come.

Sent on 10/09/2016

Bryna · Married on 07/23/2016

Carsten Tice came highly recommended as a photographer for our engagement pictures, and she didn't disappoint! When we started planning via email, she really made an effort to get to know me and what I was looking for. Being new to the area I didn't have much of a starting point with locations, but she gave me plenty of options that matched my style! I eventually chose James Dilley Preserve near Laguna Beach - one of Carsten's recommendations - which was absolutely beautiful and perfect for any occasion!

When we got to the preserve, Carsten treated us like old friends right off the bat. It was so great to work with someone who made us feel so comfortable and helped us relax a bit... A quality I didn't realize was so important in a photographer until we got to the main event. She took her time with us and ensured we got a variety of places/poses in the shoot. The pictures came out beautiful - And the turnaround was super fast. She even threw in some free print credits! All in all, Carsten Tice is an amazing, sweet, and talented artist who can truly capture the emotion in each moment.

Sent on 12/04/2017

Jennifer · Married on 05/15/2016

Carsten did an outstanding job and the pictures turned out wonderful. I would highly recommend her. She and her partner took great pictures and you could hardly tell they were there, as they stayed out of view.

Sent on 12/16/2017

Carsten Tice Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I SO appreciate it!

Ceci · Married on 12/19/2015

We hired Carsten for our wedding on Dec '15. We got engagement pictures with our 2 dogs and she was super patient ... she offered us different places to go according our personal interests and likes. At the wedding she took an extra photographer. She came early and stayed late, she's responsible and very profesional .. and kind with ours families!

Carsten Tice Photography's reply:

Hi Ceci! Thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate it! Happy holidays and happy one year anniversary too! :)

Sarah · Married on 10/24/2015

Carsten was great! She was wonderful to work with prior to the wedding and was amazing throughout the event.

She beautifully captured the evening. She has excellent listening skills and was able to take photos of what was really important to us as well as take photos of things I didn't even know I wanted photos of.

A true professional and made everyone feel totally comfortable in front of the camera.

Thank you Carsten!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Michelle · Married on 06/15/2014

Carsten shot my wedding and captured each magical moment - she was unobtrusive but present, very professional but funny and put people at ease, and she has a superb eye for composition! Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/24/2016

Carsten Tice Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words!

Annie · Married on 12/30/2011

Working with Carsten was wonderful! I honestly hadn't put too much thought into what I wanted in our engagement shoot, but Carsten was able to guide us through a lot of great poses. Her direction was low pressure and fun, and we ended up with a TON of great shots! She has a sharp eye for composition and lighting. I was really happy with our photos and the whole experience. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Shannon · Married on 04/10/2017

Carsten was just amazing! I found her website and instantly fell in love with her style and the way she captures light and the focus of the picture so beautifully. She was so easy to work with and had great ideas (which is great because I'm awful at poses!). She sent us sneak peeks the very next morning that I have gotten countless compliments on and I can't wait until I can see the entire set of pictures. You could not pick a better, sweeter photographer!

Carsten Tice Photography 31
    Carsten Tice Photography 32
    Sent on 04/11/2018

Thank you so much, Shannon!! <33
  • Krista

Krista · Married on 09/02/2017

3.5

Where shall I begin? Carsten was professional, timely, responsive, friendly, etc etc etc. She was always there to answer questions and help a anxiety ridden bride out when she thought of a last minute detail. Throughout the night, while we danced away she snapped endless photos and we didn't even know she was there! Thank you for making our day special and capturing all the details!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Carsten Tice Photography's reply:

Hi Krista! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with other potential brides! I so appreciate it. :)