117 Reviews for Carson's Premier Catering

Premium Liquor (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
116 Carson's Premier Catering Reviews

Carsons could not have been better! The food quality and service was great. Tommy and his team, Zoe,Dorothea and David were on top of every detail. They even arranged our cookies and donuts. They were very kind and friendly. I strongly recommend Carsons.

Profile Picture Jennie, 8/25/18, 2 Reviews
1.6

This company makes a solid effort trying to come off as professional, but at the end of the day they don't care about any more than the money coming in. The food was good, the venue is beautiful, and they are affordable - If that is your only concern, go with them, but if you are looking for a vendor that cares about making everything right and executed smoothly, do not!

An irreplaceable family heirloom was stolen from me out of Waterwork's "Secure, private room" that was supposed to be only available to the wedding party, but was unlocked by an unnamed employee for whatever reason. Although it takes a certain type of person to steal from a bride on her wedding day, the proceeding course of actions (or lack there of) by Waterworks/Carson's Catering was beyond unprofessional.

We received the run-around by most employees that had answered the phone regarding the bouquets. We left several messages that were never returned. They only called us back after we made it clear the police were going to be involved. We even received a comment from another unnamed employee "I don't see what the big deal is, it's just a bouquet"… I don't understand how that could be anyone's attitude working in the wedding industry. Their security camera was "not working properly that day and the footage was fried" - how convenient.

In the beginning, you will be lead to believe you will have one person throughout the entire process. That person will not be the same person that sits with you during the food testing, answer your questions, or be there day of. I received a text message from my "Wedding Coordinator" just a few days prior to the actual wedding to inform me they were the one handling my event. Since when? They asked for details again that I had already provided to another employee, and things were still forgotten. There is a degree of unprofessionalism with this company that I didn't think could exist with a Wedding Venue.

Profile Picture Brittani, 8/10/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

My husband and I chose the Barn at Ligonier for our wedding, which Carson's owns. Everything went fairly easy and any changes I wanted to make they promptly made and updated my balance. The day of the wedding they were amazing. We were hoping the rain would hold off, but it ended up thunder storming right when the ceremony was going to start. Some guests and carson's staff flew into action and set up a makeshift alter inside. Everything went off without a hitch. Carson's set everything up the day before and packed everything up by the end of the night. My husband and I just loaded everything into the car. I've been to plenty of wedding were the bride and family are cleaning up at the end of the night, and I didn't even have to think twice about it, which let me enjoy the night! If you are looking for a rustic barn wedding, you can't go wrong with carson's.

Profile Picture Melanie, 5/12/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free

My husband and I got married this May and we had our wedding at West Overton Village with Carson's as our caterer. We were beyond pleased with them! Dana was great with anytime I had questions before our wedding. The tasting was wonderful and I loved how we were able to bring our parents and try other foods we were interested in from their menu! We loved the different menu that we were able to pick so that it wasn't your typical chicken/meat entree you expect at most weddings. We got buttermilk fried turkey breast, halupki, feta and roasted tomato Mac and cheese (may be my fav!). What I loved even more was that they were able to do family style for our wedding like we wanted---and boy was it all a huge hit with our guests! Tommy was our wedding coordinator. He was so friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and super prompt! We couldn't have been happier with him-he definitely helped make the weekend of and day go so smoothly.
Overall, we would highly recommend them and got so many compliments. We also thought it was so caring of them to give us a personalized gift basket from them on our wedding day.
Thank you Carsons!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We used Carson's for our wedding in November and they were a joy to work with! We had a buffet with multiple entrees and sides - which were all delicious. Their service was excellent and well received. We would recommend Carson's to any couple looking for good quality service at a good price!

Profile Picture Eliza, 11/11/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, Italian

Food was absolutely delicious! Great team to work with. Professional dependable flexible. Great service staff and office staff. Would highly recommend for you wedding!

Profile Picture Tymara, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Signature Drink, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up
3.4

I used West Overton Barn for my wedding and by default had to use Carson’s for catering. The staff in charge of coordinating and booking were excellent (Dana & Beulah) & I absolutely loved them. They answered all my crazy emails and phone calls and never complained. However, the other staff I had encountered leaves a bit to be desired. When I went for our tasting, we were led to a public buffet and told to get some food. I found this to be frustrating knowing that there were selections on the buffet that were not on the wedding menu. The head chef saw my disgust and came out and explained how things worked and what I had to choose from, allowing us to narrow down selections. The DAY OF the wedding, Sondra was assigned as my wedding coordinator. I had never spoke with her on the until that day when she called to go over some “last minute details” at 8am. Not just minor things, they included but not limited to setting up an extra table (that I had told her was missing the day before), moving the buffet to allow for the first dance to occur (explained at the tasting in March) and all also having additional space to chill the alcohol. I felt things like this should have been handled earlier. When my husband and MIL arrived at the venue for some last minute prep, Sondra continued to display her “winning” personality. She insulted my MIL and her sister by commenting that she didn’t know people from Mississippi could pour tea so well, and that she would need to “test” the tea to make sure it passed her test. When my husband asked about the coolers for chilling the drinks, she brushed him off and said she didn’t have time for that and would get to it. She then proceeded to ask “what are you the bartender or something” He politely informed her that he was in fact the groom and the other person she just insulted was his mom. The rest of the day was well, food was great but staff needs some customer service classes.

Profile Picture Larissa, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Gluten Free, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

So extremely happy with Carson's. They we're extremely friendly, quick with their responses, and so patient with me and all my questions. I had my wedding at West Overton barn in Scottdale, Pa and the first time I went to tour the venue it was January of 2016 and there was snow on the ground and it was freezing out and Dana came out to open the barn and show me around and didn't once complains about being cold. The second time we went about a year later it was again cold and not a word was said! Beulah was the main lady I dealt with and she was super friendly all the time and very helpful. The day of the wedding was great, the staff was amazing and helped with last minute decorations such as lights being turned on and stuff, and the food was so good! We got tons of compliments from guests. And at the end of the night the staff gladly cleaned up my decorations and set them on a table so I could easily pick them up the next day and they wer all so happy and cheerful and full of smiles and nice things to say! Definite recommendation!! And West Overton Village is a beautiful spot for a wedding :) :)

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/10/17, 1 Review
3.3

We absolutely fell in LOVE with West Overton Museum after Tim Carson personally gave us a tour of West Overton and Stonehenge on Labor Day weekend---much appreciated! Here is our takeaway:
CONS:
- We asked, upfront, if we were able to select a caterer of our choice for the venue---we were initially told yes (and the West Overton staff told us this as well), but Carson's, after we were committed to the venue, stated that we were obligated to choose them.
- Communication with the staff is very disjointed and frustrating. This was probably the most upsetting part of our whole wedding planning process. Somehow they no longer had our signed contract three weeks before the wedding, and I was forwarded a blank contract, with none of our "extras," guest number, or anything else filled in---Carson's told me to sign it and send back— I was asked to send back the blank contract and I responded THREE TIMES before it was resolved.
The staff needs to be better directed and coordinate more efficiently---oftentimes I would get emails or phone calls to confirm information that I had already discussed and decided with another staff member.
- Carson’s misplaced our grandparent’s almost-70-yr old wedding topper box delivered with the cake; a bit disappointing.
- Our cake (two tiers) that was leftover was put into a dirty refrigerator for us to pick up the next day---it was not wrapped or packaged in any way.

PROS:
- The food was VERY tasty, and the one hostess who served us at the sweetheart table (I regret not being able to recall her name) was incredibly accommodating.
The bartenders were AMAZING — no one waited in line and we were served delicious drinks all night long.
we were able to set up for our wedding Thursday AND Friday night—we had complete run of the place to set everything up—thanks, Beulah!
The guests thought everything was great—so from THAT perspective, Carson’s delivered.

Profile Picture Anna, 6/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Chairs, Tables, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, American, Italian, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol

Carson's did an awesome job catering our wedding reception. Our venue was about 1.5 hours away from their restaurant and we were concerned about the food but it was cooked perfectly with no issues. Their staff was super professional and they helped us with last minute details on the decorations and such and I had many comments from friends and family about how easy going they were to work with and request things from. They didn't have any hidden fees and the price was what we expected. We would use them again for a large party caterer!

Profile Picture Christy, 12/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Carson's did an amazing job with our wedding. We did their pig roast dinner and everything was amazing. They were awesome with set up and just so helpful through the whole process. They helped our whole day go smoothly and we great to work with!

Profile Picture Kris, 11/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Vegetarian

Carson's Catering was absolutely phenomenal at our wedding! They were incredibly helpful, friendly, and professional from start to finish. Their food is excellent, it was a hit for our wedding guests. We had no complaints at all. I would recommend them for anyone, for any event. They have options for everything, and are very flexible! Book them!

Profile Picture User7518735, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
4.3

I have had a great experience with Carson's! I got a discount on my Bridal Shower Venue because I had my shower an reception through them!

Profile Picture User6489723, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), American, Italian, Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Nut Free

Taylor: Over the two years that we planned a wedding they truly became like family to Sean, my mom, and myself. Tim and Kris are the most amazing business owners I have ever met. Beulah who works for them is also an amazing asset to their company. Every time I called with questions or concerns Beulah was always there to talk! And Tommy who was our event coordinator was absolutely fantastic! He was always able to be found throughout the night and assisted us with everything we needed. It was a pleasant experience working with Carson’s from the first day of walking in to the barn to the last day walking out of the barn during our send-off. If I can give any bride any advice…. It would be to book your wedding with Carson’s Catering. It will be the best decision you will make while planning a wedding and it will be a memory you will cherish forever! You will truly have your fairy tale wedding when having a wedding with Carson’s Catering.
Sean: Watching my wife’s face light up as we drove in to our wedding is something I will never forget. She truly walked in to her fairy tale wedding! Carson’s truly made her the happiest bride and in return made me a very happy groom. We danced the night away with all of our closest family and friends in what turned out to be the best day of our lives thanks to Carson’s Catering.
The vision that we had written down with paper and pencil had turned out to be better than we could have ever imagined. We could barely hold back our emotions when we walked into our wedding when being introduced. There was attention to detail in everything that they had set up for us and made it even more beautiful than we had imagined. We cannot thank them enough for making our wedding not only unforgettable but also one of the most beautiful events of our lives. We would highly recommend Carson’s catering for your wedding. They truly deserve a million stars for excellence! Our guests continue to talk about how amazing and unique our wedding was.

Profile Picture Taylor, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Chairs, Tables

We were married at the Barn at Ligonier Valley. Carson's was the caterer used by this venue. They were very professional and attended to our needs. They ensured my husband and I had drinks and snacks during cocktail hour while we were taking pictures. They also made sure we ate dinner! So many couple don't get to eat on their wedding day, we really appreciated this little detail. Everyone raved about the food and how beautiful everything looked. Thank you for making our day so perfect!

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/7/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Carson's did an unbelievable job at our wedding September 10th, 2016. We had a very untraditional wedding at our family farm and Bethany at Carson's made everything run so smooth for us before, during, and after the big day. The owner was in close contact with me as well and even came to our venue prior to the wedding to make sure everything was going well and addressed all our questions and concerns. We had numerous compliments on the food because it was absolutely delicious! We even had most of our guests go up for seconds! Carson's packaged up any left overs and placed it in the refrigerator for us to enjoy for the next few days! Would highly recommend Caron's!!!!

Profile Picture Julie, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

we had the best experience at West Overton barn with carsons! I had several little extras that I wanted set up in my decor and they handled everything for me. my coordinator, Tom, was very present and avvaliable.for any questions I had no matter what time. I had such amazing feedback from our guests about how amazing the food was!!! I couldn't have asked for a better experience and how perfect everything turned out from how they set up my decor to the food and esp how they were so attentive during the ceremony I felt like I was completely hands off the entire time and was able to enjoy every moment instead of worrying about anything! thank you guys for giving us such a special and memorable day!

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

If you need a catering service, hire Tim and his staff. The food is excellent, the cost is reasonable, and the staff is amazing. He handled both our son's wedding and rehearsal dinner, and everything was perfect. We do not have one negative thing to say about the entire planning process and events.

Profile Picture Sue, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegan, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, American, Italian, Local, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

Excellent food and service and my family is very particular. I have worked in the entertainment business for 22 years and when our daughter and fiance~ asked where to hold their wedding and ceremony at - there were no questions where to look. All of the staff were professional and helpful-going way beyond expectations!!!!!!!!! The best wedding ever several of our guests have told us and these were unsolicited remarks !!!!!! Delicious food and a beautiful venue and reasonably priced - we could't have asked for anything more!!!!!!!!! HIRE THEM - YOU WILL BE PLEASED. Parents, Nancy & Gordon Bride & Groom Nicole & Nick 06/24/2016 wedding and reception

Profile Picture Gordon, 6/24/16, 2 Reviews
4.7

Carson's catered our wedding and we absolutely loved them! You are paired with a personal wedding coordinator who is there to help with all of your wedding needs. We got Bethany and she was absolutely terrific-- including answering my last minute texts as my bridal party was making their intro into the reception! The food was fantastic, and all of our guests were thrilled. They not only provided us with amazing food, servers, and staff, but were also amazing throughout the entire set-up process. I would highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/18/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, American, Nut Free, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast
4.3

Carson's serves delicious food and is very competent during the day-of, when everything is hectic and something always goes wrong. I got rave reviews about the food and the service from waiters, bartenders and other staff.
I did have a few minor issues, however. I often would wait days for email responses when I had simple requests. But I think that's partly because they are so popular (with good reason) that they got overwhelmed and forgot about my requests -- none of which were life-or-death.
My other complaint was with our visit to pick the menu. We scheduled a time and showed up, only to be left waiting for 20+ minutes while Carson's staff attended to other clients. We couldn't even get something to drink while we waited. I feel like it would have been better for someone to tell us during booking that the time we picked was too busy and to reschedule.
I think most of these problems could be solved by better directing staff, who I always felt were juggling too many things at once to pay enough attention to my questions and suggestions from my fiance and family.
Overall, Carson's was a great choice for our wedding and they served our guests excellent food. I just think they need to tweak their customer service.

Profile Picture kelly, 5/29/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Italian, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Nut Free, Vegan, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up

Carsons catering did an exceptional job with our wedding. We held our wedding at The Barn at Ligioner Valley. The food was fantastic and we received many compliments from our guests.

Besides the excellent food we also received wonderful service. Beulah and Nikki were fantastic. What really stood out to me was that Carsons assigned a day of coordinator to our wedding, for us this was Nikki. I can't speak more highly of her. The whole week before the wedding Nikki was always available with any questions or concerns I possibly had. She was truly great and was truly a great help. Between Beulah and Nikki you can tell what a strong emphasis Carsons puts on customer service. This is definitely helps planning any wedding so much easier! We will definitely keep them in mind for future events!

Profile Picture User6574118, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our wedding reception (14 May 16) was a major success solely due to the outstanding owner (Tim) and staff (Tommy, Nikki, Sharon & Ashley). Their exceptional attention to detail and eagerness to ensure our special day was amazing enabled us to not have to worry about anything except each other. Every one of our guests have commented on how awesome Carson's Catering was and how amazing the staff and food was. I have and do recommend Carson's to anyone in need of Catering for any occasion!

Profile Picture Fred, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Outstanding!! Carson's catered our wedding on May 14, 2016 in Short Gap WV at the Daydream venue. The day prior, Tommy came out to deliver our table cloths and set things up which was a huge help with seeing how things would be. The day of our wedding, the whole team (Tommy, Nikki, Sharon, and Ashley) went above and beyond our expectations. Every one of our guests raved about how great the food tasted and how they were "on top of everything". We can't thank them enough for making our wedding day so special. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone....Thanks again!!!!

Profile Picture Karen, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We worked with Carson's for our wedding at West Overton. I really liked that we were able to get in there the day before and do all of our setting up. Nikki was our day of contact. She was awesome. She and her staff set everything up exactly how we wanted for everything we weren't able to do the day before (it rained the day before our ceremony). They also checked in throughout the evening. Nikki ran out to get us more alcohol when we were afraid we might run out and they consolidated everything for us after the reception so that clean-up on the next day was super easy. The venue was beautiful and they were flexible with any of our requests. At times, it was difficult to get questions answered. For example, we asked about 5 times for the measurements of the barn doors so that we could get lights in there but we never got an answer so we just abandoned that idea. Overall though, our wedding was amazing! We had so much fun and everyone commented about how great and unique the venue was. If I had to do it all over again, I would still go with Carson's.

Profile Picture Alicia, 4/23/16, 4 Reviews