Carrigan Farms Reviews

Carrigan Farms 6
Carrigan Farms 7
  • Susan

Susan Mcinerney · Getting married on 10/05/2019

The most amazing place to get married!

I can't say enough good things about our experience at the Quarry at Carrigan Farms!! It was just what we wanted and just what I dreamed of. Being a second wedding for both of us, we wanted a smaller, more intimate venue and as soon as we saw the Quarry, I knew we had found our spot. The Carrigans were wonderful and their staff was amazing. The food is all so fresh and our guests raved about it. We loved our having our most special day in such a beautiful setting!

Sent on 05/20/2019
    Carrigan Farms 8
    Carrigan Farms 9

Carrigan Farms's reply:

Thanks! Your review means a lot to us and we sincerely appreciate you choosing to have your wedding at Carrigan Farms. Doug and Kelly
  • Casey

Casey · Married on 08/03/2019

Alex and Casey wedding event

We went to visit this venue on a Sunday night and loved every second of it. It was amazing and beautiful and although it was dark out he made it light up so that we could see everything. He was a great guy and I’d definitely recommend!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Lori Berry · Married on 06/01/2019

Mother of the bride

When my daughter and son-in-law started their search for a wedding venue, they were looking for a place that all their guests would enjoy and everyone would have a great time celebrating in a relaxed atmosphere. At the very first meeting with Doug, we knew we were in good hands! He made the entire process such a pleasure, offered plenty of knowledge and expert advice, and was more than willing to accommodate a few special requests. He took all of the stress out of the planning process and approached everything with such ease. The natural beauty of the venue absolutely stunned our guests, and lended to very minimal decorations on our part. It was as if we were in our own little magical place for the entire evening. In addition to the beauty of the venue, the meal prepared for the reception far exceeded our expectations! It was by far the best wedding meal we have ever experienced! Doug personally mans the large outdoor grills, and most of the food is grown fresh right on the farm. We cannot thank Doug, Johnny and the entire Carrigan staff enough for helping create a wonderful event!! Lori B.

Sent on 06/09/2019

Hillary · Married on 05/18/2019

Perfect wedding & reception venue!!!

Our wedding at the Quarry at Carrigan Farms was the most magical day of our lives! The team there puts on a great event! The ceremony and reception spaces were set up just how I wanted them to be, the food was PHENOMENAL (!!!!!), the bartenders and wait staff were awesome, etc. I could go on and on! Doug and Kelly are communicative and flexible, and answer any questions you have along the way. They run a seamless show/party, and we could not be happier with our experience there! It was absolutely perfect! -Hillary & Caleb

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 09/09/2018

Best venue

We LOVED working with Doug and co while planning our wedding. The venue is BEAUTIFUL and we had SO many comments on how great the food was. His staff was responsive and made a point of bringing my husband and I food during the reception-- which was very helpful because I'm not sure we would have eaten otherwise. I typically communicated with Doug by email and never had any trouble getting in touch with him. My only comments to future brides would be to consider ahead of time having your rehearsal somewhere else. The Quarry is very busy and it was difficult to get our rehearsal scheduled. We ended up having it at our church instead. Also, don't forget that there is tax and gratuity added to your bill :)

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Carrigan Farms 10
    Carrigan Farms 11
    Carrigan Farms 12
    Carrigan Farms 13
    Carrigan Farms 14
    Carrigan Farms 15

Katie · Married on 09/08/2018

Carrigan Farms was the most amazing wedding venue! The Quarry looked beautiful. Guests were wowed by the place. We were told by nearly every single guest that it was the best meal they have ever had at a wedding. Doug and Kelly were perfect, everything was perfect without much effort on my end. The waterfall, the lighting, their vendor recommendations. It was the greatest day of our lives. Best venue.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Anna · Married on 10/08/2017

Thank you to Doug, Kelly, Johnny, Karen and the rest of the folks at Carrigan Farms! Our wedding was Oct. 8 and we and our guests couldn't have been more pleased. We had our heart set on an outdoor ceremony and this space is perfect as you have an open air pavilion for the reception and/or rain location. When you hear the food from their kitchen is above average for wedding fare, you're hearing truth. The chicken, the kabobs, the sides, and even the appetizer were delicious! The scenery and the space is even more beautiful than the photos you'll find online from the Quarry. We aimed for simple and budget-friendly decorations because we knew the venue was gorgeous enough. Spring for the lights and waterfall instead of stressing over complicated decorations. If you pick this venue and want to skip hiring a DJ, that is possible as they have a sound system and you can plug in your phone/playlist. We didn't do this but I thought it was a nice option as the venue and catering here might be at the top end of some wedding budgets. Also, if you're willing to bypass a few traditional but really unnecessary wedding items, this venue can ultimately save you some money. They include basic knee length table clothes, cutlery and all the tables and chairs you need, including for your vendors. Highly recommended. Book early and be flexible when selecting a date (we chose a Sunday) because this venue is very popular even though it's still somewhat unknown by many in Charlotte. From set up to tear down, we truly appreciated the hard work and effort the staff puts forth. With their experience and the way they run the day-of, you really don't even need a wedding coordinator. Just have a few friends helping you day-of.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Jordan · Married on 09/04/2016

When Mr. Carrigan tells you not to worry, they will take care of everything--he is 110% Correct! This venue could not have been a better fit for us. Food, staff, scenery=AMAZING!

Sent on 03/06/2017
  • keeley

keeley · Married on 07/02/2016

Carrigan Farms was so perfect!! The staff was incredibly helpful through out the night and made sure everything went smoothly. It is so gorgeous there and they really can accommodate pretty much anything!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Katrina · Married on 05/15/2016

We had our wedding in May at the Quarry and let me tell you, it was absolutely awesome. Our guests couldn't stop gushing about the location and the atmosphere. Doug was awesome. He answered our questions and provided a wonderful venue for us. The food was awesome. I would totally recommend this venue to anyone whether budget conscious (because we were, and we ended up way below our original budget) or wanting extravagance.

Sent on 09/03/2016

Angela · Married on 05/08/2016

I can't say enough G good things about his place, food was amazing, location is stunning, service was even better. They were all so helpful and amazing and made the day perfect!! Thank you to Doug and everyone at Carrigan!!!

Sent on 05/15/2016

Doug and his team were amazing. We had a brunch wedding and they modified the menu to add some breakfast items including a bloody mary bar. The food was excellent and the venue's beauty and tranquility takes everyone by surprise.

Sent on 04/11/2016

Jessica · Married on 09/12/2015

The staff at Carrigan Farms is so friendly and helpful. They always respond to my emails and calls in a timely manner. The quarry is absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Chandee · Married on 05/18/2015

This venue is truly one of the most beautiful in the area. It is also much more affordable than many. The food was excellent. The service was above and beyond. The Carrigans upgraded my food to a more expensive choice for free on the day of my wedding. They were absolutely wonderful in making sure all our needs were met that day. I highly recommend Carrigan Farms.

Sent on 06/18/2015

Carrigan Farms's reply:

Thanks Chandee! We were delighted to host your wedding and wish you and the groom a lifetime of happiness.

Amy · Married on 05/10/2015

We had a great experience with Carrigan Farms. The staff was absolutely wonderful the food was delicious! I was very impressed with the staff they truly seemed to care and all the girls serving the food and cleaning up did a wonderful job and we're very sweet and gracious

Sent on 05/17/2015

Carrigan Farms's reply:

Thank you Amy. We are so happy you chose Carrigan Farms for your wedding and we wish you a long, happy and prosperous marriage.

Gorgeous Scenery!! Excellent friendly Staff! Kelly Carrigan did an awesome job on our wedding flowers. The price was affordable!!

Sent on 05/16/2015

Courtney · Married on 04/16/2015

My husband and I got married at Carrigan Farms on the 16th of April. Unfortunately it rained on us so we had to move the wedding under the wedding pavilion but the crew new exactly what to do to still make sure the wedding was beautiful and went off without any problems. The food was phenomenal and when the rain cleared up we were able to take amazing pictures. I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants to have a beautiful wedding in a remote outdoor space. Everyone who went raved about the food and the view. One of my friends wants to have her vow renewal there as well. Everything about this place was perfect!

Sent on 05/21/2015

Perfect place for our wedding. Incredibly helpful and adaptable to the kind of wedding we wanted. Gorgeous setting as well!!

Sent on 03/19/2015

Alyssa · Married on 10/06/2014

Carrigan Farms is the most beautiful place to get married. We had such a wonderful night. We rented the house to get ready in and it was totally worth it. Kelly was such a great help. I was constantly asking questions and she was always quick to reply and help me in any way she can. Kelly made my centerpieces and all of my bouquets. They came out gorgeous and more than I could have wished for. I really put my trust in her to pull off this wedding and she did it even more than I thought could be possible. The food was so tasty. Everyone loved the wedding. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. This was the perfect venue!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Meaghan · Married on 09/13/2014

We loved having our wedding at Carrigan Farms. Not only did it provide the perfect, outdoors setting that we were looking for, but the food was some of the best we had ever had. The staff and owners were very helpful in the months and weeks leading up to the event. Now, weeks later, our guests are still complementing Carrigan Farms! Very much recommended!

Sent on 09/27/2014

Ashley · Married on 08/31/2014

Great food. Great service. Amazing staff. They literally made my day perfect. Carrigan farms is one of the most gorgeous places to get married. All of my friends and family cannot stop talking about the delicious food and overall experience at my wedding. It was certainly the best wedding I have ever been to. :) simply put: say yes to getting married at Carrigan farms Rock Quarry and you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Lauri Jo · Married on 06/29/2014

My Daughter's Wedding
    Thank you so much to Doug and Kelly Carrigan and their amazing staff, for a wonderful wedding! We couldn't have been more pleased. We chose to do a 'Flash Wedding' and sure enough, within a week, all the details were handled. Carrigan Farms provided EVERYTHING but the dress and the guests! We chose to bring our own cake, though they were able to provide that as well, and my daughter did her own centerpieces as this was also her choice. Upon arrival we were greeted by both Kelly and Doug Carrigan, they were present to make sure that all our needs were met, and they were! The rock quarry is absolutely gorgeous and made a beautiful backdrop for this wedding. The DJ and Photographer and Minister were perfect and I can't wait to see all the pictures. I just can't say enough great things about our experience here. Our daughter and her new husband were so happy with everything. Thank you for giving her the day of her dreams!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Megan · Married on 05/18/2014

I couldn't of picked a better place to get married. They were so friendly and accommodating. And they really made me feel special on my day. And the food was amazing.

Sent on 06/24/2014

When I chose Carrigan farms, we were still a year and a half away from the wedding. I was a little nervous I might find something I liked better. Now, three months after the wedding, everyone is still raving about how much they loved the location, the food and the wedding. It rained on us, but it was still the perfect spot for us. I can't imagine getting married anywhere else. Doug and his team do a fantastic job. I didn't have to worry about anything except having a blast and enjoying the night. Carrigan Farms looks like Heaven on earth.

Sent on 12/31/2013

Sarah · Married on 09/01/2013

Very organized, down to earth people to work with. The food was amazing as expected and the setting is unique and beautiful. We unfortunately had a very bad experience with our event coordinator/decorator (Deborah Bell & Company), and Doug and his staff, with Carrigan Farms, stepped in and took care of everything. We couldn't be happier with them!!

Sent on 10/03/2013