69 Reviews for Carrie Karibo Bridal Boutique

Groom (1)
Father of Bride (1)
Tuxedo Rentals (1)
69 Carrie Karibo Bridal Boutique Reviews

Carrie Karibo Bridal Boutique is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL and I would recommend them to any bride needing help with DECISIONS AND HONESTY.

They are not there to sell dresses for the sake of selling but instead are there to honestly help you find the perfect dress for your body and shape and for the vision that you have and the image you want to project. We visited Carrie Karibo 3 times and tried dresses. They never lost patience with us as we were struggling to make the right decision.

We visited four boutiques during our hunt for the perfect dress. By far, Carrie and her staff were the nicest, most honest, caring and sincere professionals.

I'm not sure I can explain the gratitude we have for Carrie and her staff in simple words. They are the most patient, kind, and incredibly knowledgeable . We had an idea of what we wanted from a shopping online and through magazines and Carries' staff was able to make our vision happen. They saved us money by suggesting we cut things that weren't necessary. Megan was so thoughtful, thorough and one of the absolute nicest people we've ever met. I’m so thankful we purchased the most incredible dress from Carrie Karibo's boutique.

Another very important factor for us is that they have a tailor/alterations person that they work with and is awesome with her craft. They do not give you a list of alteration businesses and close the door behind you. Carrie cares that you have an excellent alterations person who is tried and true to her craft. They care that your dress fits perfectly after alterations have been made.

If you are like we were it's a MUST that you visit Carrie Karibo in the Reading Bridal District. She will not disappoint and you will most assuredly find the dress for your vision.

Mother of the Bride

Profile Picture Joan , 10/13/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Carrie was wonderful! She helped me find my dream dress by suggesting combining two dresses in order to tick all of my boxes. We ordered our bridesmaids dresses from there as well and the process has been so easy. Everything shipped in a quick manner and my dress turned out to be everything I hoped for. Thanks Carrie!

Profile Picture Krista, 5/26/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Veils, Bride, Bridesmaids, Mother of Bride

Carrie and Christine were amazing helping me find a mother of the bride and mother of the groom dress. The selection at this boutique surpassed several other boutiques I shopped.

Profile Picture User7496898, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had to find a dress last minute, and these ladies were so much help to me! My dress maker dropped the ball, and 5 weeks before my wedding there was still no dress. I went into 2 other stores, and was treated like a pariah for shopping for a dress 5 weeks before my wedding. It was pretty upsetting already, because the dress being made was my mother's. I hadn't planned on buying a dress. When I explained my situation to the ladies at Carrie Karibo they did everything they could to help me find a dress for "a September wedding" (it was August when I shopped there.) They made my experience special. Even though I couldn't use my mom's dress, I still have a very special dress due to these ladies.

Profile Picture Cat, 9/17/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry

Even though I did not end up buying my dress here, I wanted to say that my experience was very good. I got to work with Carrie herself and she was very helpful and knowledgeable but also very fun and welcoming

Profile Picture Sara, 9/10/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Wow! I don't even know where to start. First, I am from NYC so my only interaction with Carrie Karibo has been on the phone or email. I found my dream dress, but I couldn't buy it here so I was on a search to buy this dress! I must have emailed or called about 20 salons all over the US and CK was the only one willing to help!

I knew I was taking a risk buying the dress from a totally different state, without seeing it or knowing anything about the salon. However, Carrie and Julie were so happy to help me and they went out of their way to make it happen! I even had a nervous moment of uncertainty about sizing and must have emailed them a dozen times but they were so sweet and supportive and talked me through it.

I just got the dress in the mail last week and I nearly cried! It is gorgeous, came perfectly wrapped up and fits like a glove! I cannot thank them enough for making my wedding dress dream come true!

Thanks a million Carrie and Julie!!

Profile Picture Maggie, 7/1/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Bride

Carrie helped me find my beautiful dress! All of the employees were lovely! Fun boutique, good prices for elaborate dresses, and you get champagne for saying YES!

Profile Picture User6572377, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had such an amazing experience at Carrie Karibou! It was the second store I went in with my mom and I ended up getting the first dress I put on. Carrie and Julie knew what I was looking for and offered great advice as well as a fun, positive, affirming experience (what every bride deserves!) The dress needed to be ordered quickly for my wedding 6 months away, and Carrie was on the phone even before I decided on my dress (she knew it was the one!) to make sure it would get in on time. I also ordered my accessories at the store and Julie worked with me to customize my earrings and headpiece. They were so beautiful and the champagne crystals matched the nude lace on the back of my Leanne Marshall dress. My veil was simple and elegant and perfect for the dress, per the suggestion of Julie and Carrie. Also, when I was getting my dress hemmed, I wanted a small "train" but not too long so I would trip over it while dancing - I really didn't know what to do and Carrie came up with the perfect solution to hem the bottom layer up, and leave the outer light layer longer. It was perfect! Since I picked out my dress with my mom, they hosted a "reveal" party with my bridesmaids with champagne to show them my dress! That was really special and above and beyond what I believe most stores would do. Thank you so much Carrie Karibou Bridal - my dress was perfect and I felt so beautiful on my wedding day!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/3/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Veils

My mom and I had a great experience finding my dress here! We would highly recommend scheduling an appointment with Julie. She is a mom with daughters and she just gets it! We came in the first time to browse and found a few dresses we liked. We came back again with our budget set and realized those dresses were all above our budget. Julie took a lot of time to go back through the store to pull similiar dresses all within our budget! She had great advice and I always felt like she had my best interest at heart. I am picky and indecisive but felt like there were so many beautiful options here!

Profile Picture Dani, 9/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had visited several bridal shops and went to Carrie Karibou on the recommendation of another shop who did not have the dress that I envisioned. Julie listened very carefully and found the perfect dress for a second marriage. It is fabulous!! Carrie and Julie also suggested the crystal necklace, earrings and short, flirty veil. My guests were blown away at how perfectly the dress fit my personality. I will be forever grateful to Carrie Karibou and highly recommend them!!

Profile Picture cindy, 6/20/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Even though things did not work out so perfectly (no fault of theirs) and I was unable to wear my mother of the bride dress for my daughters wedding, I have to say that Carrie, Julie and Hillary were so wonderful to work with, so professional and just a pleasure. We also ordered my daughters bridesmaids dresses here as well. They noticed a slight color discrepancy and immediately had Jenny Yoo remake the dresses for us in plenty of time for the wedding and they were so perfect. What service, care and attention to detail we found at this boutique. My son is getting married too this October and we ordered those bridesmaids dresses here as well! We have already received those dresses and they are just beautiful! This is the shop you want because, you know, sometimes things don't always go as planned and you need a team you can count on to be there for you, to take care of everything with care, professionalism, kindness and compassion. Thank you Carrie Karibo and Team for everything you did for myself and my family from beginning to end.

Profile Picture User4812824, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Carrie Karibo Boutique is a brides santuary in Reading's bridal row. Its has a calm/quiet/light feel and you can tell the owner puts thought into the dresses she stocks. Its kinda like the Nordstrom of bridal boutiques...fantastic quality and design for a decent price!

Carrie really knows her dresses well, she can tell you straight away if they can be modified or what color they come. Best experience ever! I love my dress!

Profile Picture User4327892, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Went today with my mom for my mother-of-groom dress. I am so impressed with your store and salespeople; I can't say enough about my experience there today. So many lovely choices/options! I sure can't say that about many shops I've visited thus far! So, thanks to Julie, who worked with us today, I found my dress! I'm excited, relieved, pleased, and so happy!! So glad I found Carrie Karibo on-line.

Profile Picture Sharon, 12/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I searched several bridal stores in my home town for the perfect wedding gown but could not find anything that I loved. My best friend has always raved about Carrie Karibo Boutique in Cincinnati, so I took a day off from work, got in my car and I drove almost 200 miles. I and so happy that I did because it was totally worth the time! This was a wonderful place with a great staff. I told the ladies what I was looking for and they showed me several gorgeous gowns including the one I will be walking down the aisle in. I am so happy I took Ami’s advice and whet to this place. The selection is so different from all of the generic bridal stores and they made it so easy and comfortable!

Profile Picture User4081448, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I wanted a dress that was not: poofy, strapless, or lacy. I wanted something that was classic but not necessarily traditional. This is harder to find than it sounds. Thank goodness for Carrie Karibo.

I visited on a Monday morning, which was fabulous, as we had the place to ourselves. (It is nice not to be rushed or crowded for these things.) The staff @ CKB was awesome. I was introduced to the different "sections" of designers, shown a few pieces, and then let loose to browse on my own. Unlike some boutiques that had only 1 or 2 dresses I would even consider, CKB had SO many beautiful, modern, unique (but still wearable!) gowns.

As I tried on dresses, the staff was super helpful in getting me in & out, tucked & clipped. We played bridal barbie and tried on different accessories with the dresses. Photos were snapped (they allow this here!) and I narrowed it down to two. One of the dresses was a bit more glamorous and form-fitting than I had imagined for myself, but it looked so lovely on and the ladies at CKB and my family gave me the confidence that I could totally pull it off. I wasn't quite sure, and since this was my first stop, and I decided to check out a few more places before deciding. I went to two other boutiques in Cincinnati.

The next time I was in town, I went back to CKB to buy the dress. Luckily for me, I came in on "White Friday" - the day after Thanksgiving, and got 10% off my wedding dress & veil. The comb on my veil wasn't correct when it arrived, but with a quick phone call, CKB took care of it. My San Patrick dress was so beautiful, and I cannot tell you how many people complimented my dress saying it was unlike any other wedding dress they had ever seen. I am so grateful to Carrie Karibo & her team for helping me pick the most beautiful dress for our wedding. I just wish I could wear it again.

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/20/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I recently got engaged on Christmas, so my mom and I decided to go celebrate and went looking at bridal gowns. We went to a couple of stores, not expecting to buy anything yet, since I don’t even have a wedding date. We were unimpressed with what we saw and were about to give up for the day but decided to look at one more store, Carrie Karibo Boutique. We walked in and were greeted by Carrie herself. She made us feel so comfortable and special. I told her what I liked and she pulled a few gowns for me to try on. When I tried the second dress on, I knew this was “the one” and bought it that day. So now all I have to do is pick-out a date to wear it!

Profile Picture User3798323, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a delightful experience at the store! I ended up purchasing my entire wedding attire from Carrie. The entire staff was so sweet and fun and made me feel so special! I would go back there in a heartbeat, if I had to do it again!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/2/14, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

We have not received our dresses yet, but everything about Carrie's Boutique has been fabulous!!!!

Profile Picture Terry, 7/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Carrie and her staff were wonderful! My daughter planned a wedding in 3.5 months and Carrie was very instrumental in helping her find a dress and bridesmaids dresses that could be ready in ample time for the wedding. They were helpful and very encouraging during the entire process. Thanks for making my girl's day so very special!

Profile Picture Terry, 7/11/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had the pleasure of buying my gown at Carrie Karibo Boutique and everything about my experience was perfect. The gowns are gorgeous and the staff were a lot of fun. I would highly recommend this place! 

Profile Picture Leanna, 7/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Father of Bride, Flower Girls, Groom, Groomsmen, Mother of Bride, Mother of Groom, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Tuxedo Rentals, Veils

Highly Recommended! My mom made an appointment for me at Carrie Karibo based on all of the positive reviews she read online. She was so right. From the minute we walked in, we felt at ease. The gowns were really unique and tastefully chosen. I fell in love with a gown there, and could not believe how well priced it was. My mom can be difficult to please and not only did she love my gown, but was pleasantly surprised that she found her dress there too! Such a great experience.

Profile Picture Breana, 6/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had the best experience at Carrie Karibo Boutique! Their collection of wedding dresses are tasteful and unique and I have loved working with everyone there. If you don't want to spend weeks trying to find your gown, go there. I am so excited to show off my dress!:)

Profile Picture Kimberly, 6/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

The ladies at Carrie Karibo Boutique are absolutely amazing and fabulous. I went to a couple of the larger stores and was unimpressed. As soon as I walked into Carrie Karibo, I fell in love with it and I knew I was going to find my dress there. The staff there are so personable and friendly. I could not have asked for a better experience. I recommend it to everyone!!!

Profile Picture User3580173, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I found the most beautiful gown at Carrie Karibo Boutique! The ladies were so much fun to work with and knew exactly what style I was trying to find. It took less than an hour and I could not have been happier! I also came back to get my bridesmaids dresses and tuxes their too. So, if you want some great dresses and have fun while doing it, I would definitely check out this store!

Profile Picture User3498366, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Christmas came early for me this year! I was home for the Thanksgiving weekend and was not planning on looking for my wedding dress. My mom & sister said however, we should “just go out and look”, since we were all together. I sure am glad I did. We decided to start at Carrie Karibo Boutique, since all my friends have had great experiences there and were fortunate to get a last minute appointment, due to a cancellation. I tried on one dress and knew it was the perfect dress for me, so I bought it on the spot! The staff was wonderful and I would recommend the store to anyone! I’m going back over the holidays to get my bridesmaids dresses.

Profile Picture User3469396, 2+ years ago, 1 Review