Carrie Chen Photography Reviews

33 | San Francisco, CA

33 Reviews for Carrie Chen Photography

Gloria · Married on 05/29/2016

My fiance and I were so delighted with our engagement photos! Carrie is an amazing photographer, and her warm personality makes it so easy to work with and talk to her about our vision for capturing our relationship in photos. She got the perfect shots, which we absolutely loved and are so excited to use for our save-the-dates, invitations, and wedding website! I am such an awkward person when it comes to serious photos, and I love how she helped me feel at ease and gave me tips on good natural looking poses in shots. I really appreciate how she went out of her way to scope out the venue and take detail shots, which later were incorporated in our beautiful engagement photo album. She really made our engagement magical and memorable. I really love her attention to detail and how she captured the perfect moments that illuminate our personalities and our relationship. Our engagement photo experience was perfect, and we are so happy with the final product. Thank you Carrie for our beautiful photos and spending the time to photograph our special day!

Sent on 01/07/2016

Elisabeth · Married on 09/05/2015

I must have researched at least 50 photographers before finding Carrie. I am not someone who likes to have my picture taken very much, and I was beginning to get nervous about finding a photographer that would capture my upcoming wedding in the way my fiancee and I were hoping for.
    When I first saw some of Carrie's photos online, I felt that my search had ended! We got extremely lucky, as she was available for our date. She is one of the nicest people that I have ever met, and so incredibly talented. Her photos were all lovely and elegant, just like she is. It was a joy to have her be a part of our wedding! I felt so at ease as did my fiancee, that I didn't even think about the camera. That was a big deal for me! The way our whole day was captured was perfect, and we get to relive it each time we look at our beautiful photos.
    I can't say enough wonderful things about Carrie, and will recommend her to anyone needing photography! She is the best!

Sent on 10/23/2015

Peter · Married on 09/01/2015

Carrie is a wonderful photographer. We had her as the professional photographer for our wedding last year and she exceeded our expectations in every way.

Unlike other photographer, Carrie came earlier than scheduled time to scout the place so she could get a better shot. She was there taking pictures in every meaningful moment, even during meal time. Even after our scheduled time period, Carried offered us to stay around the place and spent almost an extra hour for some more fantastic photos, without asking for additional charges.

All the pictures she took were professional and wonderful, in addition to the fact she offered additional free artistic touches to the photos afterwards. The photos all had their artistic angles and composition meeting our expectations.

The most important quality of her service is actually her attitude/personality. She is such a warm and friendly person, we felt like we have known her for years when we were actually meeting the first time. That took away lots of the awkward moments when you kept posing for photos. All my guests liked her as well.
    I would say every penny was well spent! Definitely recommend her as your event photographer!

Sent on 09/23/2015

Renee · Married on 01/10/2015

I don't normally write a lot of reviews, but I really wanted to take the time to let people know what a phenomenal experience I had with Carrie as my photographer. Carrie is amazing, and our guests agreed. She's talented and caring and just a genuinely great person. I would highly recommend Carrie to anyone.

Sent on 01/31/2015

Veronica · Married on 12/27/2014

First let me say that Carrie is amazing!!!! Not only is she professional, but she is truly an artist and absolutely loves what she does. I was so happy with our wedding pics and so was everybody else who I showed them to. She went above and beyond the day of the wedding. She made me feel so comfortable and I had no worries that she would capture every special moment the day of the wedding. The day went by so fast and of course I couldn't be everywhere at once but superwoman Carrie was able to capture everything. I also received my photos pretty fast afterwards. I am so grateful for her. She's the best! I would definitely recommend Carrie for your photo services!

Sent on 01/09/2015

Amy · Married on 11/15/2014

Carrie is an amazing photographer. You can see how passionate she is in her work. We had such a fun time with Carrie shooting our wedding pictures. She puts everyone at ease. I highly recommend her as your photographer in whatever event that comes up.

Sent on 03/03/2015

Alexis · Married on 09/27/2014

I just want to say THANKYOU so much! Carrie captured moments that I didn't see and I got to see not only great pictures of me and my husband but also of the guest and how much fun they were having at the wedding. I loved how Carrie also captured great pictures of the venue! I was able to see all the small details that I didn't notice during the wedding. Carrie’s photos were great and it looked so natural. She took note on all the pictures I wanted taken and even took extras on her own. I am very pleased with the photo quality. The pictures that she took were at very great angles, she caught people right in the moment! I even saw people having fun taking selfies!

Carrie is a true artist and made my wedding day special with all of the great moments that she captured. Because of Carrie I will have great photos to look back at and remember the day that I married my best friend. I feel so lucky to have found her to do my photos, her fun personality & professionalism is just what I was looking for! Everyone should experience great photography on their wedding just like I did. Call Carrie, she’s the best and I couldn’t have asked for better!!!!! We love you Carrie!!

Sent on 10/11/2014

We had the pleasure of working with Carrie for both our engagement and wedding photos. From the moment we met Carrie, we were impressed with her professionalism. She arrived early and was very knowledgeable about the site we had chosen for our engagement photos. Carrie was also very friendly, which made my camera-shy fiancé and I feel much more comfortable during the shoot. We met with Carrie again in July 2014, for our wedding. Carrie was just as professional, and sweet, as she was the first time we met her. We received numerous compliments from our guests, regarding Carrie’s excellent work ethic and ability to capture truly memorable moments. Carrie’s enthusiasm for her work was much appreciated. We highly recommend Carrie for your engagement and wedding services.

Sent on 08/24/2014

Laura · Married on 07/06/2013

My husband and I could not be happier with Carrie as our wedding photographer. Our wedding planning went pretty smoothly (surprisingly) - we found our venue right away, my hair stylist and makeup artist – but when it came to finding a wedding photographer, selecting the right one was not an easy task for us. First of all, we wanted various photography styles. We like the journalistic/candid shots approach as well as artistic romantic portraits. At the same time, we had so many family members and friends from out of state/country that we also wanted formal group shots with everyone. We spoke to a few photographers and looked at all their albums.. and after a few, it all became a bit of a blur. However, when we spoke to Carrie, she made it super easy for us. First of all, she is obviously a talented photographer. No doubt about that. What sets Carrie apart is that she listens patiently, she explains thoroughly, and she delivers perfectly. AND she is just a lovely person (keep in mind that your photographer will be shadowing you all day long, so make sure you like the person or else it can get a bit creepy). We highly recommend Carrie. We appreciate her professionalism and truly love her work. She genuinely cares about her clients, and she would go above and beyond to make your special day memorable. When I look at our photos, I just want to relive the moments again. Seeing our friends and family laughing & dancing, the hard work we put into our wedding (decorations, set-ups, venue, etc), and how beautiful we all looked that day -- it’s absolutely priceless. Thanks, Carrie!

Sent on 12/06/2013

Katherine · Married on 06/29/2013

My husband and I feel so lucky to have had Carrie as our photographer. Her calming energy was very nice for a bride who is trying to stay relaxed herself. She scouted out our pre ceremony picture site and it was just perfect. When we re received the photos I was blown away at how beautiful they are and how many she had taken. She wasted no time and caught every special moment.

Sent on 07/20/2013

Amanda · Married on 06/22/2013

My husband and I had a great experience with Carrie and her assistant as our photographer and the pictures came out great :)

She contacted my husband and I before the wedding and reviewed our styles and preferences, focusing on every detail of the big day :) Then, on the day of, she photographed our wedding at a destination site a few hours away from the bay area, got to the area early, and shot an extra hour earlier than we expected her (which was great with the added pictures we got!) We had multiple locations, and she was able to work with our surroundings in a way that made for some very beautiful photos.

She is very personable, friendly, knows what she's doing, and gave us constant direction when taking pictures (which was especially helpful since we both generally do not like taking pictures!) She was also very hard working - many of our guests have come back to us since the wedding letting us know that she as "everywhere" taking pictures - making sure to get all possible moments on camera.

We will definitely be more than happy with having her shoot other major events in the future :)

Sent on 08/10/2013

Jessica · Married on 05/18/2013

We were absolutely thrilled with Carrie. She captured all the happiness, love, and our personalities in a breath-taking way. Her talent truly is unmatched and we cannot express enough gratitude for her gift of encapsulating our wedding day through her lens and detailed eye. We are thrilled to give her an outstanding review! Anyone would be blessed to have such a kind and talented photographer to work with!

Sent on 07/30/2013

Danielle · Married on 05/11/2013

Carrie is an absolute sweetheart and such a fantastic professional to work with. My husband and I had the pleasure of meeting her many years ago and when our wedding drew near we were so thrilled to have Carrie shoot our engagement photos for us. They are beyond stunning! She is a true professional and incredibly talented. She made the shoot fun and comfortable and listened to our ideas and gave us gentle directions. She focused on making the photos very "us" and we couldn't be happier with the results. I can't wait to hire Carrie for our future photography needs and would highly recommend her to anyone! Thank you, Carrie! xx

Sent on 06/04/2013

Alexis · Married on 05/11/2013

Carrie was a joy to work with. My Fiance and I took a trip to Napa to have our engagement photos taken and chose Carrie as our photographer. Since we were from out of town, Carrie went out and scoped the area prior to our session (unexpected... above and beyond). Not only did she take the time to scope the area for shot locations, but she also got to know us via email in order to accurately reflect our personalities in the photos. She is also one of the nicest vendors we've ever worked with...very responsive and takes the time to fully explain the next steps, what to expect, and ensures customer satisfaction. Her prices were affordable and her products were quality. Would certainly recommend her as a photographer.

Sent on 07/13/2013

Mark · Married on 04/14/2013

After a prolonged search, we selected Carrie Chen as our photographer, but were nevous because of the importance of this day. Immediately, Carrie emailed us about herself, provided more links to her albums, and explained her photography philosophy. After emailing back and forth, we met with Carrie in person to go over things further and so she could get a "feel" for us as a couple. We were going to ask if she would be willing to visit the site and scout out good picture locations, but we didn't have to. Carrie had already planned and arranged to do just that. This was not something included in our contract. Throughout the entire process, Carrie was always easy to deal with, responded quickly, and was so warm and genuinely interested in what we wanted and how we saw our day going.

On the day of the wedding, Carrie arrived well before the contracted starting time and started taking pictures around the venue. During the wedding, Carrie was everywhere we needed her, but never in the way. We had several guests comment about being impressed with Carrie since she was so thorough, friendly, and unobtrusive. We still have people mentioning it. My bride and I were also thoroughly impressed and could not have asked for a better photographer.

After the wedding, Carrie continued to please us. One week after the wedding, she emailed us a happy one week anniversary and thank you email. Carrie told us she had already uploaded all of our photos to the website and they would be accessible shortly. Carrie emailed us her top seven favorites and we were beyond happy with the outcome. Carrie ended up taking over 900 photos when contractually she only had to take 600.

My wife and I were pleased with Carrie every step of the way and could not have asked for a better photographer. She was always warm, caring and genuinely invested in capturing our special day. We wholeheartedly recommend Carrie for your next special event.

Sent on 05/07/2013

Rozenia · Married on 03/23/2013

Carrie Chen is a consummate professional. She captured the special moments of my magical and quite frenzied wedding day and gave us the romantic view we asked for. Upon our first consultation with Carrie she was open to our vision and knew exactly what we wanted. We chose her because her images portrayed the soft, romantic feeling that we desired. She gave that to us plus more.

Carrie and her assistant were extremely friendly and kind natured. You couple that with professionalism and you get a terrific team that is easy to work with. They also worked extremely well with our videographers which made the shots easy and fun for my husband and I.

The images turned out even better than I imagined as well. I told Carrie about my insecurities having just lost a ton of weight. She considered them and took images that flattered me most. I cannot say enough about how pleased I am with her. I only wish that I lived in the bay area so that she could chronicle my family in the future.

Sent on 04/08/2013

Carrie photographed our recent family reunion for our extended family of 15 and more. My husband and I have had multiple professional photography sessions over the years (wedding anniversaries, family birthdays, high school graduation, etc…) – but none have matched the professionalism and excellence of Carrie Chen Photography. We have had the privilege of working with Carrie for family photos (both indoors and outdoors, adults and young children) as well as candid shots. Carrie is absolutely wonderful and her work is phenomenal.

We have been so pleased by our experience working with Carrie. She is very patient, calm and is able to manage everyone efficiently. She is attentive to details, gives excellent directions on how to pose, stand, and move. She also manages time well, but we never felt rushed.

Carrie is a consummate professional who is responsive to her clients. She also clearly loves what she does. I am very impressed with her skill and the finished photos speak for themselves. I can’t recommend Carrie enough and would unreservedly recommend her for weddings, family gatherings, engagement sessions, etc. Above all- Carrie is so sweet and kind. You would not regret hiring Carrie!

Sent on 04/06/2013

Amy · Married on 10/27/2012

We had an awesome experience having Carrie as our photographer for our wedding date and engagement session!

Carrie is very strong in her technical skills as a photographer. She excelled in using the right equipment and finding the best settings for our photos, and she also did an expert job in editing our photos (like removing a sticker from the bottom of my new shoes =P).

Carrie is also very sweet and approachable. During our engagement session, she made us feel very comfortable in front of her camera and offered creative ideas for different poses and backgrounds. On our wedding day, she was very friendly and courteous to all our friends and families and worked really well with our wedding videographer.

Last but not least, Carrie is genuinely passionate about providing the best to her customers and am very flexible with her schedule. She spent extra hours with us during both our engagement session and our wedding day to make sure she has captured all the precious moments we wanted with different locations and our friends and family. She was very patient in giving us time to choose our photo for our wedding album, and she delivered products (albums, enlargements) above our expectations! Thanks to Carrie, we will treasure our wedding photos and relive those moments for many years to come!

Sent on 05/02/2013

Hailey · Married on 09/01/2012

Carrie shot my engagement photos in 2012. From the very moment we first contacted her to the day we got our finished product, Carrie was so kind. She was very professional when shooting and was very efficient with the little time she had to shoot. And, even though she was really busy with weddings at the time, she finished editing for us in a very timely manner.I can't say enough about the quality of the pictures, and the book she made was outstanding! I HIGHLY recommend Carrie to shoot any wedding.

Sent on 03/05/2013

Elaine · Married on 07/07/2012

We cannot say enough about Carrie. Not only is she professional in her work, she is friendly and very easy to work with. She made us feel comfortable from the beginning. She was able to utilize the natural beauty of our photo location to bring out the most amazing pictures. She is a visionary who knows how to capture the perfect moment with a camera. The album she created for us was frosting on the cake, which tells a wonderful story of our relationship. Carrie truly enjoys her profession and shows it by providing all her clients with a memorable experience. Without a doubt we recommend the very talented and creative Carrie for your engagement and wedding services.

Sent on 01/05/2013

Emily · Married on 09/10/2011

I had a destination wedding last year in Santa Monica, CA. and working with Carrie Photography was an amazing experience. She did a wonderful job of using the natural back drops of the city to create beautiful pictures. I have a few of my wedding pictures displayed on my desk at work and co-workers who pass by always compliment on how beautiful they are.

Carrie was so attentive and made sure we had everything that we wanted. She did a beautiful job of capturing our ideas and dreams. My husband and I are extremely grateful of the work she did for us.

Emily Shanley

Sent on 08/17/2012

Linda · Married on 05/21/2011

We found Carrie coincidentally online when we were looking for a photographer for our wedding. I must say, she is the BEST vendor we booked for our wedding. As a photographer, she is very flexible, accommodating, and creative. We booked her for both our engagement shoot and our wedding day. We had some special requests and she was able to meet all of our needs as well as exceeding our expectations in her album designs. Carrie responds very fast via email, and if you need anything immediately, she is readily available via phone or text. The difference with Carrie versus some other photographers that we spoke to is that she is confident in her ability but not arrogant, she was open to all of our ideas and delivered results that truly captured the precious moments of our wedding. I especially appreciated her attention to detail and adding little touches to make our photographs perfect. She is very easy to work with and I highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 09/14/2011

Anna · Married on 10/23/2010

Words cannot express how happy we were with Carrie's photography. Carrie photographed our wedding and she was so patient, kind, and talented. The wedding album is absolutely beautiful and her attention to detail is remarkable. My husband and I couldn't be any happier with the amazing pictures that we will be able to treasure forever. We highly recommend Carrie.

Sent on 09/18/2011

Daisy · Married on 07/03/2010

Where do I begin? Carrie is not only the best photographer but is super friendly and is an extremely dedicated photographer. She was very professional and was always willing to listen to our concerns. The quality of work she provides is superb and she goes above and beyond to capture a couple's special moments. I would highly recommend people to visit her website and select Carrie as their wedding day photographer.

Sent on 07/21/2010

M. · Married on 04/16/2010

Carrie deserves a 10!!!! She is a tremendous photographer and we were so fortunate to have her capture our event! First, she is extremely professional and will deliver everything promised- she exceeds expectations! She arrives extremely early for an event to set up and is exceptionally organized, punctual and professional. At the event, Carrie has an uncanny way of taking photography that is subtle and yet always gets exceptional shots. You do not even know she is taking pictures and yet when you look back at the photographs - you are amazed that she has captured such rare emotion from all angles. Moreover, Carrie also has a knack of capturing all the details of an event that the hosts have spent so much energy and time into. She is detailed with a unique eye and her end product is absolutely phenomenal.

If you have a chance to book Carrie - consider yourself lucky and in tremendous hands. She will truly capture your momentous occasion in a way that no one else can!

Sent on 12/12/2010