Carrie Alves Photography Inc. Reviews

31 | Destin, FL

31 Reviews for Carrie Alves Photography Inc.

Carrie Alves Photography Inc. 1
Carrie Alves Photography Inc. 2
Carrie Alves Photography Inc. 3
Carrie Alves Photography Inc. 4
Carrie Alves Photography Inc. 5
Carrie Alves Photography Inc. 6
Carrie Alves Photography Inc. 7

Coryn · Married on 10/12/2018

So far my experience with Carrie Alves photography has been great. I reached out to them, and Gary got back with me within 24 hours and was upfront about everything, and helped to relieve a lot of the stress. I am so excited to have them take my pictures!

Sent on 04/26/2018

Carrie Alves Photography Inc.'s reply:

Thank you Coryn! We are looking forward to your big day! :)

Tina · Married on 11/04/2017

The level of professionalism this team has is top notch. To provide flexibility in scheduling, dependable service with the fastest turn around time for photos while continuing to provided excellent communication is something that is very tough to find. We are more than happy and will continue to use their services for professional and personal photography needs.

Sent on 11/16/2017

chastity · Married on 10/13/2017

Absolutely amazing experience! Our pictures are beautiful ..couldn’t ask for anything better!

Sent on 12/17/2017
    Carrie Alves Photography Inc. 8
    Carrie Alves Photography Inc. 9
    Carrie Alves Photography Inc. 10
    Carrie Alves Photography Inc. 11

Missy · Married on 10/06/2017

Gary is a great photographer !! Easy to work with before, during and after the wedding!!

Sent on 12/05/2017
    Carrie Alves Photography Inc. 12
    Carrie Alves Photography Inc. 13
    Carrie Alves Photography Inc. 14

Mari · Married on 09/10/2017

I am a professional wedding photographer. So when it came time to choose a photographer for my own daughter's wedding, the choice was a no brainer. I was Gary's mentor for a while and it has been so great to see him grow and develop into a very high quality wedding photographer! When he said he was open for Alexis' date I booked him on the spot! The day ended up being quite chaotic with Hurricane Irma threatening the region and even causing the wedding to be moved up several hours. Gary responded to the challenges without a hitch. A sign of a true professional! His images showed the beauty and humor of the day. We love them! If you are able to, book Carrie Alves Photography for your wedding!

Sent on 11/15/2017
    Carrie Alves Photography Inc. 15

Carrie Alves Photography Inc.'s reply:

Thank you Mari! It was an honor capturing your family's precious memories!

Gina · Married on 06/14/2017

Gary went above and beyond what most, if any other, photographers would have done for my daughters wedding day. He saved the day with his expertise of lighting and getting the most beautiful images of her beach sunset wedding!! Can't say enough about his willingness to make that day special for your loved one!!! Overjoyed by his work & finished product in such beautiful packaging!! :)

Sent on 08/01/2017

Carrie Alves Photography Inc.'s reply:

You guys were GREAT to work with and Meredith is such a beautiful bride!

Jennifer · Married on 04/02/2017

Absolute charm! Went over and beyond! Very personable and funny which made our pictures come out even better. Would totally use them again. In fact 'after marriage comes the baby carriage'...... when the little one does come, we plan to take our family pictures by the ocean like our wedding pictures and wouldn't think about using any other company besides Carrie Alves!

Sent on 04/15/2017

Geoff and Derly · Married on 12/11/2016

Book him.

I have known Gary and Carrie for about 7 years and for the last 7 years I promised him if I ever get married he is the guy I will trust with our wedding pictures.

As always he provided superior service, outstanding photos and an easy method to download the pictures.

I most strongly recommend Gary for all your photos needs -
    Geoff Ross,
    Senior Chief - US Navy retired,

Sent on 12/12/2016

Dana · Married on 08/20/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Alves photography! I saw the one bad review on wedding wire so I questioned hiring them at first but so glad I hired them! Don't pay attention to the one bad review on here! They have uploaded hundreds of pictures of my pre wedding, wedding and reception pictures and the pictures are amazing! They were professional, energetic and very nice people. Our families and friends loved them too! Everyone was talking about how awesome they were. Definitely wonderful photographers!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Carrie Alves Photography Inc.'s reply:

Thank you Dana, you were such a great couple to work with and you were a stunning bride!

Jessica · Married on 07/23/2016

It was a fantastic experience working with Gary Alves. All correspondences were met in a timel fashion and all questions were answered.

Sent on 09/16/2016

Melissa · Married on 05/28/2016

Simply the BEST. The experience was memorable and so fun!

Sent on 06/27/2016

I absolutely loved working with Gary and his team at Carrie Alves Photography. He responded quickly to emails and was very professional at our ceremony and reception. You barely knew he was there during the ceremony but he had a ton of amazing shots! Gary was fun and very efficient. I would recommend them in a second and know that anyone who uses them will be extremely happy!

Sent on 05/12/2016

Janine · Married on 03/19/2016

The photographs were awesome, and we had our pictures within a few short weeks! We were extremely satisfied with everything!

Sent on 05/01/2016

Paige · Married on 01/16/2016

Gary from Carrie Alves Photography was awesome! So personable and accommodating. He took every picture type we had planned on and offered incredible picture ideas we didn't even think of. From the time I contacted them they were always so responsive. Of course I had investigated the best photographer in the area because this was such an important day in my life. The feedback everywhere was they were the best and they did not disappoint. He made us feel at ease, not at all rushed, and seemed very sincere in wanting these pictures for our special day be incredible. We could not be more pleased with the outcome. The pictures are amazing!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Tricia · Married on 10/24/2015

Gary Alves was our photographer and was INCREDIBLY AMAZING!!!! Can't say enough about how wonderful he was. Extremely creative with pictures and the quality was beautiful!!! I would recommend him in a heartbeat and would hire him again for any occasion. Super nice, made it fun, great personality, and so talented!!!! We absolutely loved him and the pictures and everyone has been amazed at the quality!!!!!

Sent on 10/26/2015

gregory · Married on 09/19/2015

The best had fun never a dull moment very professional took time to know the wedding party

Sent on 10/26/2015

Simply the BEST! Very nice. Easy to work with. Wonderful communicator. Couldn't have handpicked a better photographer. I would recommend the Alves to anyone looking for a photographer. Two thumbs up they are GREAT!

Sent on 08/19/2015

They did an Outstanding job! Very affordable and very professional. Always responds to emails in less than 5 minutes. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/29/2016

Donna · Married on 05/22/2015

Gary at Carrie Alves Photography took his time to make sure we got the "just right"photographs for our wedding day. We couldn't have more pleased with the photographic memories. Thanks for making our day special.
    Anthony n Donna Hodge

Sent on 07/26/2015

Carrie Alves Photography did an amazing job! Gary, along with two other photographers, arrived in time to capture pictures of our guests coming in. After the ceremony was over, he enthusiastically took group pictures of the wedding party, our families, and my husband and me. The shots came out wonderfully! Everyone who we showed thought they could have been an advertisement. At every point leading up to the wedding and afterwards, communication was prompt. We are so pleased with the entire experiece and would reccomend Carrie Alves Photography for your special event.

Sent on 05/19/2015

Jessica · Married on 03/14/2015

Gary is very professional and extremely talented! Our wedding photos were everything I hoped for and more. I highly recommend Carrie Alves Photography!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Ryan · Married on 05/02/2014

Being the pessimist I am with society nowadays, I always wait until long after all services are provided and complete before I review any vendor as I've been burned in the past with poor service after offering a great review. Carrie and Gary with Carrie Alves Photography have proven my pessimism to be misplaced and were truly a great set of people to work with.

We were married on the beach of Ft Walton/Destin area Florida on May 2nd 2014, not more than 3 days after near-hurricane like weather rolled through the area, lightning struck the rental house we had on the beach leaving us without power, cable, internet, hot water, or even a way out (flooded in) for days. The experience leading up to the wedding was less than spectacular, but both the wedding planner (I'll review them separately) and the photographers were nothing shy of absolutely top-notch. I read a review previously about a lady who had trouble with Gary and his "attitude" and her words are nothing more than spiteful since she had a similar weather-related issue with her wedding, and instead of taking it in stride, she decided to point fingers at non-related parties, and her words are nowhere near an accurate representation of our experience with Carrie Alves Photography. I would recommend them for ANY event, ANY time, and if we do any other events in the greater Destin area, I'd hire them without a second thought.

If you have any questions about the quality of their work, check out their website, and even our photos (Jeana and Ryan's wedding) and you'll see why I speak so highly of them. The photos were amazing, even in less than perfect conditions. Gary and Carrie were funny, laid back, extremely professional, and some of the easiest people to work with.

Definitely give them a call if you need a great photographer. If you don't schedule them, I probably will, so get them on the books right away. They have proven themselves to be the absolute best.

Sent on 08/29/2014

Carla · Married on 11/16/2013

I cannot speak to the quality of the photography enough. My husband and I have photos now that will last generations...easily THE BEST photos we have ever had taken. We actually had a family reunion, not a wedding, but I chose this photographer because of a suggestion from my niece.

The beach was such a beautiful setting. The photographers were fun, super nice and easy to work with. They even captured a few unposed moments - some of my favorite shots.

I don't normally hire a photographer, abut I have to say that this experience was one of the smartest things I have done!

LOVE LOVE LOVE my photos and these photographers Gary & Carrie! Thank you guys!!

Carla Spaulding

Sent on 06/20/2014

Corey · Married on 11/09/2013

The photographer was great! He went above and beyond and the pictures turned out beautiful!

Sent on 05/07/2015

CRYSTAL · Married on 10/10/2013

Gary and Carrie were our photographer and they were an absolute pleasure to work with. They were very friendly and very humble. Gary was very helpful on how to pose, where the best locations were, and the results were incredible. The entire set was natural and beautiful. My husband and I remembered the afternoon of the ceremony in a blur but after seeing the photos, all of the feelings came back, this time in full color. It really does help to see things from an outside perspective and it takes an enormous amount of trust in the person capturing those moments for you to do them justice.

I could not have chosen a better photographer for my wedding. Their pictures are amazing. Anyone and everyone who has seen the photos has been beyond impressed. I am immensely thankful to Carrie Alves Photography for their talents and their ease. I would refer them to anyone looking for talented people to not only capture a meaningful moment but to create beautiful memories.

Sent on 06/18/2014