CARRIAGES of the CAPITAL Reviews

5 | Middletown, MD

5 Reviews for CARRIAGES of the CAPITAL

Lisa · Married on 10/12/2014

We utilized Carriages of the Capitol as our 'exit strategy' leaving our wedding reception.

I had inquired with several similar businesses who offer horse drawn carriages in the Capitol area. Carriages of the Capitol were incredibly responsive and the most cost competitive (one vendor wanted $1500 for 30 mins!).

We talked by email and phone on the details, and they worked with our venue on their parking needs. They were very flexible on our timing needs (we departed at 11:30 pm), arrived early to set up the carriage and ready the horse. The carriage was fairy tale beautiful and the horse was a sweetheart.

The staff was great to work with and dressed the part.

After leaving the reception, we rode through Capitol Hill and to our hotel. Honestly, the carriage ride was the most peaceful part of the whole day. We were done with our big day; we were married. We relaxed for the first time all day and let the horse do all the work.

Sent on 12/12/2014

Susana · Married on 07/06/2013

I rented a horse drawn carriage for the ceremony part of the wedding. Marcia was very responsive to my emails and knew all the details of what needed to be done at Stone Manor, so I basically wrote the check and didn't have to worry about anything. The poor horse got a little overheated before the ceremony, but recovered enough for the ceremony, and all of my guests LOVED that I arrived to the ceremony on a horse drawn carriage. This may have been one of my favorite parts of the wedding. I felt like a princess :)

Sent on 07/09/2013

R · Married on 09/30/2017

I hired Marcia and Carriages of the Capital for an Indian baraat ceremony. She was really helpful with navigating the process of getting DC street permits. On the day of the ceremony, she and her staff arrived early, were extremely professional, and knew exactly what to do - I'd definitely recommend Carriages of the Capital to others!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Kristen · Married on 09/29/2012

4.2
      3.5

I really enjoyed being able to have a horse drawn carriage for my wedding. Marcia answered all of the questions that I had regarding the service. I was very happy with the way that everything turned out.

Sent on 10/12/2012

Lucy · Married on 08/18/2018

4.2
      3.5

It's been great working with Marcia! She's absolutely very helpful and her responsiveness is very fast!

Sent on 01/17/2018