Carriage Caterers Reviews

58 Reviews for Carriage Caterers

58 Carriage Caterers Reviews
  • Mack

MacKinsey · Married on 10/20/2018

A great all-in-one option!

Hiring Bob was one of the best wedding decisions we made. We did not want a DIY wedding, and Bob can do it all! At an affordable price too! He did our food, cake, decor, and flowers. The food was so good that my mother-in-law went for seconds (she never does that!!) and all the guests raved about it. Both of our cakes looked and tasted amazing. We described to Bob what we were thinking for decor/flowers and he nailed it. He is also very flexible and takes into account all of your thoughts and ideas. Take my word for it, you can trust him and he will deliver.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Carriage Caterers's reply:

Thanks MacKinsey for your kind words and am glad your day was what you envisioned. Congratulations and best wishes!

K · Married on 06/01/2018

My daughter had her wedding at Garden Verein in Galveston, TX. The budget was limited (she's just graduated from college so her parents wrote the checks) and she and I are both very busy. Not much DIY was possible for us, which made using this beautiful venue a question mark... Until I met with Bob from Carriage Caterers.
    Carriage Caterers is almost one-stop shopping, even for venues that require you to provide everything but the tables and chairs. Bob expertly guided us through decisions about linens, tablescapes, flowers for the tables and the wedding party, room set-up, bar set-up (he provided glasses and our bartender), food to serve, and cakes - all services he provides. He also gave suggestions for a DJ (which we happily hired) and a photographer (who we opted not to hire).
    My daughter had a vision for how her wedding would look and she was worried that this venue, which was not her first choice, would not deliver. She let me know at her reception that everything was beautiful and she was very happy. Of course, my bride was the person I most wanted to please, but comments from our guests are enthusiastically complimentary. People were very impressed by the choices they had at the dinner buffet and they found the food to be delicious. We really couldn't be happier with the service Bob provided, and the price he charges is an excellent value. We could have spent more for a meal with only 1 entree and 2 sides.
    To try some of the dishes offered by Carriage Caterers, you can visit Bob twice a year at the Galveston Bridal Show. He'll have samples of the prime rib (which we served at our event) as well as several side dishes and cakes. You can also see flower arrangements, table settings, and cakes done by carriage caterers. By going to the shows with my bride, she was able to see what was possible. As it happens, one of the arrangements on display fit her vision for her bouquet, as did one of the cakes, so those choices became easy.

Carriage Caterers 1
    Carriage Caterers 8
    Carriage Caterers 9
    Carriage Caterers 10

Lindsey · Married on 04/14/2018

I can't rave enough about Bob and his team!!
    If you want an all inclusive stress free AFFORDABLE wedding, go with Carriage Caterers. Bob felt like family by the end of the wedding planning! I was able to trust him that everything would be beautiful and on time. He is responsible, personable, reliable, insightful, and AMAZING! Thank you so much for making our day perfect! From the decorations, to our gorgeous and delicious cake (get the carrot cake), to the wonderful food (my guest are raving about those potatoes), to all the special touches that I know his team did, to allowing us to set up in advance, and helping my family clean up after the reception...thank you! His team was so professional and made me feel like royalty the whole day! Bob even supplied me with my bridal portrait bouquet, and hairpiece for the reception! Planning knowing Bob was in my corner was a breeze and he eliminating having to contact multiple vendors because he services more that just food. It was the best decision I made for my wedding and I would have him help again in a heartbeat!

Jessa · Married on 03/24/2018

I got married 3/24/18 in Galveston! Bob made me feel better every time we talked and even though I was a pretty crazy bride he was so patient with me! We had to add a ceremony venue 1 month before the wedding & he helped us find the perfect one for my vision! The wedding was almost 2 weeks ago and people still tell me every day how beautiful every thing was and that it was the best cake they have ever tasted!
    My exit was a horse & Carriage and when they were late for our exit he took care of it all! He called them, found them, and had them there within 5 minutes. My perfect day couldn’t of been pulled off with out him! BOB IS THE BEST!

Grace · Married on 03/17/2018

Bob is seriously the best thing to have walked into my life. He does everything and his prices are great! linens, everything for the bar except booze (in our case) flowers for all things and all people, cake, food and I know I'm probably missing somethings. He makes you feel like you have known him for years and is happy to have you disagree with him so he can become more intuitive with what you actually like. Bob is heaven sent!

Keatyn · Married on 02/24/2018

I wholeheartedly recommend Carriage Caterers for any event! My daughter's wedding was last night, and Bob and his staff attended to every detail to perfection. I knew from the first consultation that Bob was my guy...he took a personal interest in our wedding and was so helpful in planning and staying within our budget. He was very responsive to any and all questions I had throughout the process. Bob took care of everything...linens, cakes, all floral details, centerpieces, and delicious food. The finished product was more than I had even hoped for, and Bob was on hand before, during, and after the ceremony and reception to ensure that everything was running smoothly. I love this guy!!

Carriage Caterers 11
    Carriage Caterers 12
    Carriage Caterers 13
    Carriage Caterers 14
    Carriage Caterers 15

Michael · Married on 02/17/2018

Bob and his team were the absolute best! They did an amazing job! Along with being a lot of fun to work with, everything was perfect. He was our caterer, wedding planner, florist and even supplied our shirts when my husband and I realized we left our tuxedo shirts in Houston(we were in Galveston). That is what I call full service. Bob felt like an old friend from the moment we first met him in his office. I did not have to worry about anything. The venue looked perfect, the food was so delicious and had a good southern flare, not your typical wedding reception food. Three weeks after we are still getting feedback on it being the best wedding food our guests have ever had. Bob's staff seems more like his family and they are amazing, so friendly and making sure that every detail was perfect. If you are able to get Sammi as a server, do so, because he is the best! Preparing for the wedding Bob was invaluable, his years in the business definitely show. I never thought I would get married again, so I had never really thought about what my wedding would look like. He asked the right questions and the whole evening turned out to be nothing less than perfect.

John · Married on 11/18/2017

Wow- if you need someone to cater an event or wedding, give Bob a call. He cater our sons wedding at the Rail Road Museum on Saturday, November 18, 2017 and did an outstanding job. The food, floral, linens and service were outstanding.

The food - well the line of guest going back for more let us know that is was delicious.

Thank you Bob for making Trey and Anne's wedding memorable.

Karen and John Pruitt

Carriage Caterers 16

Jennifer · Married on 10/07/2017

Bob and his team were awesome! Great value. Everything was beautiful. Recommend using the vendors he suggests; they work together really well and you won't have to worry about anything. Received tons of comments from guests about how much they enjoyed the food. Went above and beyond our expectations!

Lisa · Married on 06/09/2017

PERFECTION!!! ..... Once we met with Bob we knew we were in good hands. Bob listened to the list of ideas and thots, And although the menu we planned was a bit different than typical reception food, Bob made suggestions as to complete the Bride and Groom's vision and then he went to work. He designed the reception decor to match the pics/ideas given to him, he brought in beautiful white roses for the church, he added special touches on the buffet tables, created a wonderful sweetheart table for the newlyweds, and even put candles in the Windows, creating a romantic glow throughout the venue. Bob handles EVERYTHING, from the flowers, the decor, to the delicious food. Bob and the entire Carriage Caterer staff made the event, from the Wedding cake, to the menu; to the flowers to the decor--- a perfect replica of what was envisioned. Bob has the experience and contacts to guide the bride if she is unsure of how to achieve her "dream" wedding. Bob and Carriage Catering can bring to fruition the beauty and memories that only a Bride can imagine for her special day. From the flowers to the decor--- a perfect replica of what the bride wanted. Each Carriage Caterer staff Member worked to make this special day flawless, from decorating to serving, they go the extra mile striving for perfection; doing it all with a joyous attitude. Bob has the experience and contacts to guide the bride if she is unsure of how to achieve her "dream" wedding. Bob and Carriage Caterer can bring to fruition the beauty and memories that only a Bride can imagine for her special day. So happy Carriage Caterer was recommended to us!

carol · Married on 05/20/2017

Bob is the BEST! His food--AWESOME! The flowers, decorations, cakes...amazing!! We searched high and low for an affordable venue and caterer. We feel like we won the lottery with Bob. Not only affordable but excellent! You definitely get your money's worth. Under Bob's direction, Ashton Villa was transformed into a magical fairytale wedding venue. You will not be disappointed. He can also do your rehearsal dinner at Menard Hall in Galveston. Everything was exceptional.

Karli · Married on 04/01/2017

Bob and his staff were truly amazing! They went above and beyond to make sure everything was just how we wanted it. The food and cake were delicious and we received so many compliments on it! The flowers and decorations were stunning. The workers were so friendly and hard working. It couldn't have been better!!

Sharon · Married on 10/22/2016

Listen to Bob! His advice was exceptional, just like the food, the decorations, the cake and the flowers. Carriage Caterers is a one stop service and an incredible value. Bob catered our daughter's recent wedding and everything was beautiful. Everyone at the reception told us how wonderful the food was, how beautiful the room looked, and how delicious the cakes were. Not only did he create the bride and groom cakes, but he did a small gluten free spice cake for our guests who could not have anything with wheat. It was just as delicious as the other cakes. As we were wavering over the flavor of the bride's cake, he suggested we do an almond cake with a lemon and pineapple filling. It was absolutely scrumptious.
    After we took the champagne and table favors to the hall the morning of the reception we had nothing left to worry about. Bob and his crew took care of everything beautifully. The serving staff was also tremendous. They were very professional, polite, and accommodating. They were everywhere they were needed to be without being intrusive. I would highly recommend him to anyone planning a special event. You won't be sorry you did.

Karen · Married on 10/01/2016

If you are trying to decide on a vendor for your wedding, look no further. Bob and his staff are the only way to go. He took care of everything to perfection. Food was delicious, we heard from so many of our guests it was the best food they ever tasted. Cakes were gorgeous , the flowers , the tables, I could go on and on. Not enough stars to fill in . My daughters wedding was magical because of him !!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Carriage Caterers's reply:

Thanks Karen! So glad you liked everything. I really enjoy what I do and you guys were great to work with. Bob

Danny · Married on 07/30/2016

Bob did an incredible job with our wedding. The food was amazing, the staff was absolutely top-notch, and the transition from the ceremony to the reception was done without missing a beat. Carriage Caterers took so much stress off of my wife when planning for our wedding. We would highly recommend Bob and Carriage Caterers for anyone in the Houston and surrounding areas. We were so happy and got tons of comments from our guests at how delicious the food was and how beautiful the venue was set up. We could not be happier. Thank you Bob for all your help and making our night so special!

Cindy · Married on 07/08/2016

Bob made planning a breeze! I was picky about some things, but needed guidance with others. He was perfect! Emails were always answered quickly. My guests raved about the food and we enjoyed it even more the next day! He did my cake, flowers and table decorations.....gorgeous! We had lemon cake and cheesecake that were a huge hit. I can't say enough about how good the food was and how beautiful the room looked! I wouldn't have changed a thing! Thanks, Bob!!

Meredith · Married on 04/22/2016

Absolutely, positively, hands down, do it. Book them immediately and trust them to do an absolutely stunning job, take care of all the food, cakes, flowers, and decor. One of the best decisions we made. We've already recommended Bob to others.

chris · Married on 02/27/2016

We had interviewed several catering companies for our daughters wedding in February, 2016. Bob was not only the most reasonable, but it was virtually a one stop shop. He did everything! Not only did he take the weight off of the bride and her mother, but it was done to perfection with great attention to detail. We were blown away by the quality of the food. Our guests were returning to the buffet over and over. There was always enough. His wait staff was impeccable. They were there when we needed something but seemingly out of the way when we were dancing or visiting. Bob made sure the bride and groom were served first so they could actually eat. Bob used one of his many sets of china for dinner. The table settings, silver and linens are perfection. The bridal and bridesmaids bouquets all the way down to the flower girls' bouquets and boutonnieres were beautiful and elegant. His suggestions coming from many years of experience were spot on.

Bob made the most beautiful, and I might add delicious, wedding cake. He took the brides vision and colors and transformed them into a beautiful 5 tier masterpiece.

We ordered all our liquor and provided Bob a list of what was going to be delivered and he had his bartender at the venue early to receive the delivery. He provided the chests and ice and had everything iced down and set up early so that when the wedding was finished and while we were taking pictures, the guests could have a cocktail and mingle before the bride and groom arrived.

I saw Bob the entire night throughout the reception. He was making sure everyone had everything they needed.

Bob and his staff would be the only caterer I would ever hire for any event I was hosting. I would know that it would be the best an event could be.

Carriage Caterers 17
    Carriage Caterers 18
    Carriage Caterers 19
    Carriage Caterers 20
    Carriage Caterers 21

Vivian · Married on 10/10/2015

Bob with Carriage Caterers is my life saver!! As you can see from all the previous reviews here he is a God Send. I am a very nervous and very anxious person by nature I had to plan my wedding from a far and he was a one stop shop for my entire wedding and rehearsal. I gave him a general idea of what I wanted with brief descriptions and let him know I trusted him with it all! Boy oh boy did he surpass my expectations in every single way! When I saw the finished product of all the hard work of him and his team this past weekend I felt like I was in a dream. I couldn't have even dreamt of anything better if I wanted to. The fact that I didn't have to stress at all about the design, tha cake, the food, the linens or going through any other vendors or contacts and just put all my trust in him made the whole process so enjoyable.
    There was a Moment that was really stressful for me to where I had lost my dress and I was freaking out. When I called Bob he stopped everything and within a matter of minutes he hooked me up with a Bridal shop where I found an even better dress than I had before.
    Even when I had anxious moments or moments of doubt in which every bride has, he was there to help me feel secure with the whole process. Very professional and extremely talented.
    He got me together with an Amazing and highly organized wedding coordinator named Erika Leppo. Which turns out because my wedding party was so huge I actually really really needed! She was fantastic.
    Weddings themselves are stressful enough... I strongly urge everyone to stop shopping around for caterers and vendors now and just call Bob at Carriage Caterers. You won't regret it at all and once you hand it over to him just relax because trust me he's got it all under control.

Can you imagine having your dream wedding going off without any major problems and being drop dead gorgeous and stress free? Yah Carriage Caterers is the only way!!

Bob was amazing and his staff very professional. We hire carriage caterers for our wedding event in Galveston at the Ashton villa and at the st josephs church on avenue k. He took care of each and every detail the flowers were beautiful, the bouquets were remarkable as was the decor. I have to say his wedding and groom cakes were better than any known bakery even my favorite bakeries he beat them hands down on flavor. The food was superb...Riley steak, eggplant were my very favorite. The tables were amazing and so much are was taken in everything. We appreciate everything Bob and his team did was perfection. Blue moon security helped with security and kept everyone safe.

perla · Married on 07/11/2015

I had never heard of Carriage Caterer before my wedding but as I began to plan & search for someone I kept hearing about a guy named Bob. "You have to call Bob" so I did. Thank God I did! From the time that I called him he made plans to meet & throughout the entire planning (months of planning ) he was flexible about the time. He was very organized which I needed. He is experienced. But to the main part. .. the food was amazing! I'm still hearing from my guests how good the food was. He also provided the wedding cake & grooms' which were delicious. Bob also provides linens & decor & he provides a variety of options/colors. He made the process very easy. Planning a wedding is very stressful. Bob would always tell me "don't worry , I got this." He sure did! Thanks Bob & to your crew for the wonderful service.

We used Carriage Caterers for our reception in Galveston. Bob was very knowledgeable about our venue and its set-up. He was very easy to stay in contact with and was very flexible as our requests for decorations and number of guests changed. For example, Bob had suggested floral decorations at the tables, but we wanted something more low-key and less formal, so Bob was able to make adjustments and provided instead lanterns, which created a very nice look and was just what we were looking for. Bob took care of everything and allowed us to just show up on the day of the reception without any worries and without having to do hardly any work. The guests raved about how fantastic the food was! Bob is a real pro, and just such a sweet man to work with. Carriage Caterers provided the best service, best food, and were so organized, everything flowed perfectly.

Megan · Married on 04/11/2015

Bob of Carriage Caterers is a bride's dream! He was recommended to me by a coworker who had used him for her own wedding. When I first met with Bob, he was so prepared that he had floor plans of every reception site available! He had a list of questions, asked me them, showed me some options for linens, and that was that! About a week later, I got the estimate. It was slightly steeper than we had anticipated, so my mother and I ended up doing our flowers, but Bob still provided our linens, bartender, food, and general set up / breakdown.

The Food: So delicious!!! Bob has a large array of options as far as food goes. We did pork loin, prime rib (everyone's favorite!!!), & grilled chicken pasta. There were a variety of sides and salads as well. At the reception (and after) everyone raved about the food. Let's just say, my husband and I had no shame in stuffing our faces at our reception because it's just that good!

Bob is a man who genuinely loves what he does for a living, and it shows. He maintains an air of professionalism even when you maybe have a crazy bride moment. If we had to do it all over again, we would FOR SURE use Bob again in a heart beat!

Bob was literally an Angel sent to help guide us through this important day for our daughter. After calling over 20 other caterers and requesting quotes within our budget, we were given his name and number from our Event location. We called him, he met with us immediately, even though we were planning a year and 4 months ahead of time. Within that entire year, we spoke on the phone 5 times and in person approx. 5 times, including the day before the wedding. At the first meeting we told him what we wanted, "simple elegance", but had no idea what we thought that looked like. We gave him a few ideas, showed him a few pictures and he ran with it. If he did not like an idea, he was not afraid to tell us so, but he also told us why. If he did not like an idea, but we insisted on it, he worked with it and made it look great. I think we were his first "toolbox" grooms cake. The advice he gave us at the beginning of this process was, in our opinion, priceless and something that my daughter and I repeated frequently. "A wedding does not have to be difficult and stressful, if YOU do not let it be difficult and stressful". I cannot begin to tell you how beautiful and amazing everything was and how on the mark he was. In our opinion, it was not "simple elegance", but TRUE Elegance. Beautiful job, wonderful and plenty of food, cake and cupcakes were delicious. There was not a person in the Garten Verein who did not tell my husband and I how beautiful everything was and how wonderful the food tasted. We were extremely pleased!! Thank you Bob for making our daughters wedding a day we will NEVER forget!

Ashley · Married on 03/21/2015

We hosted our wedding reception at the Garten Verein in Galveston, Texas. Bob handled the entire thing! He took care of the food (absolutely delicious), flowers, table decor, venue decor, cakes and much much more. He was even at the church beforehand to fasten the boutonnieres! Everyone loved his food, and he was sure to check in on the Groom and me the entire night. He did a fabulous job and turned our dreams into a reality. In fact, he took our ideas and made them 10 times better. There are some review that say he is unresponsive, but that is not the case. Brides just need to remember this: just because you are panicking doesn't mean everyone else is too! Bob knows the business and you can trust him to throw you the most beautiful and absolutely perfect event possible! For a hell of deal I might add! Thank you Bob!