Carriage Caterers Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• O
    Olivia Married on 09/05/2021

A beautiful, stress-free wedding!

Hiring Carriage Caterers for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. Bob was able to create a beautiful vision of our wedding when we first met with him in 2019. When we had to postpone our wedding due to COVID, he was nothing but understanding and flexible. Then when the wedding day finally came, everything was PERFECT. From the florals, to the decorations, to the food...it was a dream. The best part was we didn't have to worry about anything. Bob's crew were able to execute everything flawlessly. 10/10 recommend!
  • Anne
    Anne B. Married on 06/12/2021

The best!

LOOK NO FURTHER! Hire them now! Bob and his fantastic team will make all your dreams come true. I've dreamed of my wedding since I was a kid and somehow he exceeded my expectations. Not to mention a great price! Highlights: - works with your vision - delicious food (my guests still talk about it ) - seasoned vendor - lots of connections - honest and truly cares I cannot recommend them enough. Thank you Carriage Caterers for everything
    Casey K. Married on 04/24/2021

One Stop Shop

We got married in April, 2021 at the Garten Verein and are so happy that we went with Carriage Caterers! Having a caterer who not only did food, but linens, table decor, flowers, cake, and bar staffing made my planning process so much easier! Bob was great to work with, I pretty much sent him pictures of what I wanted and he delivered. And knowing that he does so many events at our reception venue was a huge plus as well. We got so many compliments on our food, especially the macaroni and cheese! Carriage Caterers was a great vendor at a reasonable price! We are so glad they were part of our special day.
  • Pam
    Pam B. Married on 04/17/2021

I L-O-V-E Carriage Caterers!

I cannot say enough good things about Carriage Caterers. This company, owned by Bob Christensen, is top-notch. His team doesn't just do food...they do it ALL! My daughter got married three days ago (4/17/21) at the Ashton Villa in Galveston (170 guests). Bob's team provided the food, floral, wedding cakes, table & event decor, a staff of 12 and 2 bartenders! WOW! Let me start with the food..... the quality was excellent and there was ALOT of it! We served prime rib, parmesan encrusted chicken, baked potato casserole, corn casserole, squash medley, tossed salad and rolls. He has many other items to choose from too! Think down-home cooking and quality. People raved and raved over the food. We had passed appetizers of bacon wrapped shrimp, stuffed mushroom caps and prosciutto wrapped asparagus. If you left our wedding hungry it was your own fault!!! :)
    Next let's talk cake....Bob bakes his own cakes and has a wonderful cake artist decorate them. He has 30+ years experience baking cakes! We showed them a photo of what we wanted and they delivered. The cakes were gorgeous and were so yummy! Sooooo moist! My 78-yr-old mother said it was the best cake she had ever tasted!! The cake was three layers...each a different flavor. White, lemon and red velvet. Bob has many different flavors to choose from! He won't disappoint!
    OK...now on to floral. We told Bob the color scheme that we wanted and what our floral budget was and he produced! He is so knowledgeable about flowers. His staff floral designer is amazing! We had 9 tall arrangements on the tables and on the other 8 tables had hurricane glass cylinders and candles (ten on each table) and a little greenery. The room was stunning! Bob provided all table linens (different colors to choose from), china, glassware, etc. He decorated the ballroom staircase, fireplace mantle and two other rooms at the villa for us. The outdoor gardens where the ceremony was held had been hit hard by the freeze leaving the vegetation looking sparse. Bob's crew worked their magic outside adding live greenery to the gazebo as well as fern baskets, fabric draping and more floral. It looked AMAZING! He totally transformed the area.
    Bob takes great pride in his work. I felt he was always aiming to please us. The man goes above and beyond. I don't have enough time to mention everything but on our way to my daughter's bridal portrait session we realized we had forgotten to get a bouquet made. Panicked, I called Bob and he said "No problem honey, come on by and I'll put one together for you." And he did!! That's the kind of guy he is. And his staff was just as nice. They were all such a pleasure to work with.
    There's an old saying that when you go to hire someone there are 3 things you want from them, but you will only get two because one of them always has to give. They are good quality, good price and timeliness. With Bob and Carriage Caterers I got all three. The quality of everything was superb, his prices are very fair and he was punctual, willing to meet with us several times before the big day and talk on the phone whenever I wanted to. Bob said to me several times, "Honey don't worry, I've got this. I don't want you to worry about a thing." Bob, I only wish I had another daughter getting married!! That's how wonderful you made our event.

If you're reading this looking for a caterer look no further. This company has the experience under their belt, is a great value for the money and they aim to please. You won't be disappointed with them! A++++++++
    Laura S. Married on 04/03/2021

An amazing vendor!

A huge thank you to Bob and his amazing team with Carriage Caterers. We had to postpone our wedding two times and Bob was accommodating and patient with each one. He had so many great ideas that blended perfectly with ours. I nearly cried my makeup off when I saw the ballroom all setup with the vision we had planned. The night ran smoothly and it was always such a pleasure to work with Bob. His one stop shop approach made everything easier to plan and work so smoothly. and that mac and cheese...yum! If you are getting married in the Houston/Galveston area, definitely look up Carriage Caterers for all your wedding needs! Thanks again Bob!
  • Ashley
    Ashley B. Married on 03/07/2020

One-Stop Shop!

Bob is Super Man!
    He did our flowers, linens, cake and food! He really helped make my wedding beautiful! The centerpieces and table decorations were beautiful and the bouquets and corsages were perfect! AND THE FOOD, mouth watering goodness. I had some special requests for my cake and he delivered, exactly what I pictured. Thank you for taking on my wedding, Bob and making it stress free for me.
    Aneek Married on 12/29/2019

Wedding 1/19/19

Fabulous! The food, linens, staff and presentation were perfect! All of our guests loved the food, very delicious!

Carriage Caterers's reply:

Thank you dear! We are glad that you were pleased with our service! Have an amazing and happy life together!
    Lauren Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing Experience!

Bob and his team are amazing! They totally take the stress off of you, have such a calming presence, and really know how to deliver on what you want. The food was AMAZING! Everyone complimented us on the food-the prime rib and mac and cheese are where it's at! The decor was beautiful-it was like they could see what I imagined in my head and made it come to life. Can't forget about the cakes-not only were they absolutely delicious, but I am convinced they can make anything you want. I showed them pictures of what we wanted and it was like it was ripped out of a magazine-outstanding! They made things so easy for us and super easy to work with! Thank you!
    Sheila G. Married on 06/12/2019

Great Job with Bob!

Bob did a stellar job in planning and executing my son's and new daughter-in-law's wedding. It was beautiful and affordable! He is lovely to work with and takes enormous pride in producing a perfect event. I can recommend him enthusiastically!

Carriage Caterers's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We love to make everyone happy and pleased with our services! Let your son and daughter-in-Law have an amazing life together!
    Kim S. Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing wedding reception

Bob did an outstanding job for our daughters wedding reception! He was a one stop shop for our flowers (incredibly beautiful), linens and decorations for the Ashton Villa (stunning), brides cake (phenomenal!!!) catered an amazing meal, set up and took everything down. He stayed and made sure everything went smoothly! He made recommendations for a DJ that was also fantastic. He worked w my daughter on serving vegan food options which some other vendors wouldn’t touch! I can’t say enough great things about his catering company! THANK YOU BOB for an amazing wedding reception!

Carriage Caterers's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We had a great pleasure to meet and exceed your expectation! Let the newlyweds have an amazing life together! Looking forward to working with you again if needed!
  • Genevieve
    Genevieve Married on 01/10/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!

Bob and his team are the best!! They took such good care of us! The set up was perfect and the food was phenomenal. Our night wouldn’t have been the same without Carriage Caterers and I’m so happy to have worked with them!

Carriage Caterers's reply:

Thank you for your appreciation of our work! It is our greatest pleasure to make your special day amazing and make you feel happy!
  • Marcela
    Marcela Married on 12/28/2018

Love at first bite!!!

I cannot begin to tell you how amazing our experience was. We found Carriage Caterers at our venue open house and let me tell you, we had tried a lot of caterers before and were disappointed but the minute we tasted Carriage Caterers' food we knew right then and there that this was it!!! Things only got better from there, Bob is great if anyone knows weddings it is him. He will not only listen to you and what you want but he will give you so much advise and help with literally everything all while having fun. All of our guests have commented on how great everything was and have said this was the best wedding food they have had and believe me they have been to a lot of weddings. His staff is amazing and will go above and beyond to make sure your day is a dream come true. Call them NOW!!! Amazing food, amazing cakes, flowers, linens basically everything but the groom!!!

Carriage Caterers's reply:

Thank you for your pleasant words about our work! We are glad you liked our service and made your day special!
  • Mor
    Mor R. Married on 11/18/2018

Loved working with Carriage Caterers!

I had the best experience working with Bob and Carriage Caterers. Bob was our florist, caterer, and cake baker and our wedding was beautiful. People are so surprised when I told them how cost efficient it was--it felt like a steal for such great food and service! Truly loved Bob and his staff and would recommend them to anyone!

Carriage Caterers's reply:

We appreciate your kind words a lot! We were very pleased to serve you and make your special event even more special!
  • Mack
    Mackinsey Married on 10/20/2018

A great all-in-one option!

Hiring Bob was one of the best wedding decisions we made. We did not want a DIY wedding, and Bob can do it all! At an affordable price too! He did our food, cake, decor, and flowers. The food was so good that my mother-in-law went for seconds (she never does that!!) and all the guests raved about it. Both of our cakes looked and tasted amazing. We described to Bob what we were thinking for decor/flowers and he nailed it. He is also very flexible and takes into account all of your thoughts and ideas. Take my word for it, you can trust him and he will deliver.

Carriage Caterers's reply:

Thanks MacKinsey for your kind words and am glad your day was what you envisioned. Congratulations and best wishes!
    K Married on 06/01/2018
    My daughter had her wedding at Garden Verein in Galveston, TX. The budget was limited (she's just graduated from college so her parents wrote the checks) and she and I are both very busy. Not much DIY was possible for us, which made using this beautiful venue a question mark... Until I met with Bob from Carriage Caterers.
    Carriage Caterers is almost one-stop shopping, even for venues that require you to provide everything but the tables and chairs. Bob expertly guided us through decisions about linens, tablescapes, flowers for the tables and the wedding party, room set-up, bar set-up (he provided glasses and our bartender), food to serve, and cakes - all services he provides. He also gave suggestions for a DJ (which we happily hired) and a photographer (who we opted not to hire).
    My daughter had a vision for how her wedding would look and she was worried that this venue, which was not her first choice, would not deliver. She let me know at her reception that everything was beautiful and she was very happy. Of course, my bride was the person I most wanted to please, but comments from our guests are enthusiastically complimentary. People were very impressed by the choices they had at the dinner buffet and they found the food to be delicious. We really couldn't be happier with the service Bob provided, and the price he charges is an excellent value. We could have spent more for a meal with only 1 entree and 2 sides.
    To try some of the dishes offered by Carriage Caterers, you can visit Bob twice a year at the Galveston Bridal Show. He'll have samples of the prime rib (which we served at our event) as well as several side dishes and cakes. You can also see flower arrangements, table settings, and cakes done by carriage caterers. By going to the shows with my bride, she was able to see what was possible. As it happens, one of the arrangements on display fit her vision for her bouquet, as did one of the cakes, so those choices became easy.
    Lindsey Married on 04/14/2018
    I can't rave enough about Bob and his team!!
    If you want an all inclusive stress free AFFORDABLE wedding, go with Carriage Caterers. Bob felt like family by the end of the wedding planning! I was able to trust him that everything would be beautiful and on time. He is responsible, personable, reliable, insightful, and AMAZING! Thank you so much for making our day perfect! From the decorations, to our gorgeous and delicious cake (get the carrot cake), to the wonderful food (my guest are raving about those potatoes), to all the special touches that I know his team did, to allowing us to set up in advance, and helping my family clean up after the reception...thank you! His team was so professional and made me feel like royalty the whole day! Bob even supplied me with my bridal portrait bouquet, and hairpiece for the reception! Planning knowing Bob was in my corner was a breeze and he eliminating having to contact multiple vendors because he services more that just food. It was the best decision I made for my wedding and I would have him help again in a heartbeat!
    Jessa Married on 03/24/2018
    I got married 3/24/18 in Galveston! Bob made me feel better every time we talked and even though I was a pretty crazy bride he was so patient with me! We had to add a ceremony venue 1 month before the wedding & he helped us find the perfect one for my vision! The wedding was almost 2 weeks ago and people still tell me every day how beautiful every thing was and that it was the best cake they have ever tasted!
    My exit was a horse & Carriage and when they were late for our exit he took care of it all! He called them, found them, and had them there within 5 minutes. My perfect day couldn’t of been pulled off with out him! BOB IS THE BEST!
    Grace Married on 03/17/2018
    Bob is seriously the best thing to have walked into my life. He does everything and his prices are great! linens, everything for the bar except booze (in our case) flowers for all things and all people, cake, food and I know I'm probably missing somethings. He makes you feel like you have known him for years and is happy to have you disagree with him so he can become more intuitive with what you actually like. Bob is heaven sent!
    Keatyn Married on 02/24/2018
    I wholeheartedly recommend Carriage Caterers for any event! My daughter's wedding was last night, and Bob and his staff attended to every detail to perfection. I knew from the first consultation that Bob was my guy...he took a personal interest in our wedding and was so helpful in planning and staying within our budget. He was very responsive to any and all questions I had throughout the process. Bob took care of everything...linens, cakes, all floral details, centerpieces, and delicious food. The finished product was more than I had even hoped for, and Bob was on hand before, during, and after the ceremony and reception to ensure that everything was running smoothly. I love this guy!!
    Michael Married on 02/17/2018
    Bob and his team were the absolute best! They did an amazing job! Along with being a lot of fun to work with, everything was perfect. He was our caterer, wedding planner, florist and even supplied our shirts when my husband and I realized we left our tuxedo shirts in Houston(we were in Galveston). That is what I call full service. Bob felt like an old friend from the moment we first met him in his office. I did not have to worry about anything. The venue looked perfect, the food was so delicious and had a good southern flare, not your typical wedding reception food. Three weeks after we are still getting feedback on it being the best wedding food our guests have ever had. Bob's staff seems more like his family and they are amazing, so friendly and making sure that every detail was perfect. If you are able to get Sammi as a server, do so, because he is the best! Preparing for the wedding Bob was invaluable, his years in the business definitely show. I never thought I would get married again, so I had never really thought about what my wedding would look like. He asked the right questions and the whole evening turned out to be nothing less than perfect.
    John Married on 11/18/2017
    Wow- if you need someone to cater an event or wedding, give Bob a call. He cater our sons wedding at the Rail Road Museum on Saturday, November 18, 2017 and did an outstanding job. The food, floral, linens and service were outstanding.

The food - well the line of guest going back for more let us know that is was delicious.

Thank you Bob for making Trey and Anne's wedding memorable.

Karen and John Pruitt
    Jennifer Married on 10/07/2017
    Bob and his team were awesome! Great value. Everything was beautiful. Recommend using the vendors he suggests; they work together really well and you won't have to worry about anything. Received tons of comments from guests about how much they enjoyed the food. Went above and beyond our expectations!
    Lisa Married on 06/09/2017
    PERFECTION!!! ..... Once we met with Bob we knew we were in good hands. Bob listened to the list of ideas and thots, And although the menu we planned was a bit different than typical reception food, Bob made suggestions as to complete the Bride and Groom's vision and then he went to work. He designed the reception decor to match the pics/ideas given to him, he brought in beautiful white roses for the church, he added special touches on the buffet tables, created a wonderful sweetheart table for the newlyweds, and even put candles in the Windows, creating a romantic glow throughout the venue. Bob handles EVERYTHING, from the flowers, the decor, to the delicious food. Bob and the entire Carriage Caterer staff made the event, from the Wedding cake, to the menu; to the flowers to the decor--- a perfect replica of what was envisioned. Bob has the experience and contacts to guide the bride if she is unsure of how to achieve her "dream" wedding. Bob and Carriage Catering can bring to fruition the beauty and memories that only a Bride can imagine for her special day. From the flowers to the decor--- a perfect replica of what the bride wanted. Each Carriage Caterer staff Member worked to make this special day flawless, from decorating to serving, they go the extra mile striving for perfection; doing it all with a joyous attitude. Bob has the experience and contacts to guide the bride if she is unsure of how to achieve her "dream" wedding. Bob and Carriage Caterer can bring to fruition the beauty and memories that only a Bride can imagine for her special day. So happy Carriage Caterer was recommended to us!
    Carol Married on 05/20/2017
    Bob is the BEST! His food--AWESOME! The flowers, decorations, cakes...amazing!! We searched high and low for an affordable venue and caterer. We feel like we won the lottery with Bob. Not only affordable but excellent! You definitely get your money's worth. Under Bob's direction, Ashton Villa was transformed into a magical fairytale wedding venue. You will not be disappointed. He can also do your rehearsal dinner at Menard Hall in Galveston. Everything was exceptional.
    Karli Married on 04/01/2017
    Bob and his staff were truly amazing! They went above and beyond to make sure everything was just how we wanted it. The food and cake were delicious and we received so many compliments on it! The flowers and decorations were stunning. The workers were so friendly and hard working. It couldn't have been better!!