57 Reviews for Carolyns Makeup Artistry

Updos/Styling (1)
Hair Trial (1)
Tattoo Coverage (1)
53 Carolyns Makeup Artistry Reviews

The minute I seen Carolyn’s work I knew I just had to have her for my engagement and bridal make up. We were having an outside ceremony at Skyland Manor and the humidity from 6am on was almost unbearable.

My make up and also the rest of my bridal party’s make up stayed on the whole time despite the humidity even through the reception. As per the weather channel due to the humidity it felt like 109 degrees. Despite all that I received countless compliments!

She’s very professional, punctual and such a sweetheart. Besides all that she does amazing work! Love her and I will be using her for other glam events. I wish I could have another wedding just so I can get glammed again by Carolyn.

Photos
Profile Picture Vanessa, 7/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Consultations, Group Services, Makeup

I found Carolyn on instagram and fell in love with her work! I instantly New I needed to have her do my makeup for my wedding! I scheduled a trial with her 8 months before my wedding, so I could lock her in for our date! I brought my cousin ( who also happened to be my maid of honor) to the trial and Carolyn welcomed us and made us feel so comfortable. She has such a great personality, and is so open to change and gives her honest opinion on what you want. We ended up booking her that day for not only myself, but my whole bridal party! The day of the wedding she kept everyone calm
(even though we were running late)and even helped us figure out what time we should get dressed for pictures. Everyone ranted and raved about her professionalism and service. We were all so happy with the results that I texted her after the wedding to let her know I will be booking her for all
Future events!! Thank you so much Carolyn!! You made me feel and look beautiful the most important day of my life!! I can’t thank you enough!! I HIGHLY recommend Carolyn to all future brides!!

Profile Picture Gina, 6/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Carolyn was a pleasure to work with! She always answers questions quickly, on time, and does amazing work! She made my wedding day a dream by keeping my stress level down and my face flawless! I would 100percent use her again!
Ashley quinn

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/28/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Carolyn is absolutely amazing! I love the job she did on my makeup. I've never felt so beautiful in my life. My bridesmaids all looked gorgeous as well. Thank you so much Carolyn! You rock

Profile Picture Kimberly , 3/17/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Carolyn was incredible to work with on my wedding day. She was extremely responsive to me throughout the entire process when I contacted her to schedule trials, ask questions, or confirm the day of timeline. She arrived early and set up everything she needed in the cramped kitchen at my parents house where we were getting ready. She managed to do impeccable make up on all 11 girls getting make up done that day and kept everyone on schedule. Even though she was working in the kitchen where people were coming and going through out the day she never had any problems and everyone's make up came out amazing. She did my make up last and when we finished we were ahead of schedule by almost an hour. I loved my make up and felt beautiful. She was also nice enough to touch up mine and my mother's make up after she was finished and packing up to leave because we both had cried when I put my dress on. Bonus, at the end of the night, just as she promised my make up and lashes still looked flawless. I could go on and on about what a wonderful job she did but her work speaks for itself.

Profile Picture Cara, 1/27/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

Carolyn was recommended to me by another bride who used her for her wedding. I was having a difficult time finding someone who could not only do a good contour, but also make sure my makeup stayed all day/night, because of my oily skin. When I did my trial with Carolyn, she took special care to make sure my makeup would stay. Not only did I look the most beautiful I ever had, but not a bit of my makeup moved, smudged, or came off. I booked her right away for 14 girls. The day of my wedding, Carolyn and her team were professional and prompt. They made sure every girl had the look they wanted and that they were finished on time. Carolyn is definitely the best makeup artist in the area! I highly recommend her for any event and for any amount of girls. She can handle it all!

Profile Picture Ashley, 12/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Makeup

I have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day thanks to Carolyn! Myself and my bridesmaids received compliments all night on our makeup. Everybody looked completely stunning!!!

Profile Picture Christina, 11/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Carolyn was very professional and responsive. She worked with me and the bridesmaids to give us what we wanted. Anna was friendly and listened to our preferences. They both had lots of patience and we very kind. Great experience!

Profile Picture Kelly, 11/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Thank you so so so much Carolyn ! I wasn't able to wear my dream wedding dress due to having a baby. After you did my makeup my confidence boosted and I felt so beautiful ! When I get asked about my favorite part of the day , I always say my makeup . You truly have a great gift of making women feel beautiful. I'm so happy I met you and can't wait to use you again in the future !!

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/9/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Carolyn was absolutely amazing!!!! She was prompt, energetic and worked to meet all of the many different make-up visions each of my girls had for my special day! I have never, ever felt more beautiful then I did on my wedding day because of Carolyn's amazing work!!! If you are looking for someone who is reliable, professional and lots of fun..... Look no further!!! I would 10000% recommend Carolyn to all brides!!!

Profile Picture Cate, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Carolyn was reliable, professional, and she is so talented at what she does. I would highly recommend booking her ASAP. All of the bridesmaids and mothers were so happy with her work and I'm not used to wearing a lot of makeup so she did a great job making me feel beautiful and natural at the same time.

Profile Picture nicole, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Carolyn was extremely professional and personable. She was so helpful and accommodating when I wanted to book my makeup trial and didn't have the most flexible schedule. Her work speaks for itself- she's amazing at what she does!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

When planning my wedding, I had gone to serveral make up artists and I wasn't convinced but thanks to social media I found Carolyn (Instagram: Carolynsmakeupartistry) and I immediately noticed how talented she was. I knew she was the one when I had my trial, not only did she cover some difficult acne scars, but she advised me on products I can use on a daily basis for my skin and makeup that won't clog my pores. On my big day, she outdid herself, I've never felt so beautiful and even though it seemed to be the hottest day on earth for a wedding, my makeup looked flawless all night and into the early hours of the next morning.

Profile Picture Mayte, 7/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Carolyn was an absolute pleasure to work with! Everyone kept complimenting how great my makeup looked. On top of being a top notch makeup artist, she made the whole process of getting ready go smoothly. I would recommend her to anyone who needs a fabulous makeup artist for any type of event!

Profile Picture Jaime, 7/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Carolyn does GORGEOUS work! She is professional, personable and fun to work with which is perfect for your big day! HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER :)

Profile Picture Cristina, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Carolyn was absolutely great!. Everyone felt beautiful that day. She was very good at keeping everyone calm and on time. So many of my friends asked who did our makeup and I? couldn’t wait to recommend her.

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I honestly don't even know where to begin with this review- Carolyn is unbelievable!! From the first trial I had with her a year out from the wedding, to my bride/MOB trial the week of, to the wedding day, each makeup application was breathtaking. I had several trials with other MUAs before booking Carolyn, and can truly say her work is unparalleled. At my first trial she completed three separate looks, intensifying the drama little by little until we found my ideal bridal makeup. At my final trial, she perfected every last detail, and the day of the wedding, the makeup application was seamless. My bridesmaids literally sat around me while I got my makeup done, watching her talent, in absolute awe. Carolyn was able to complete 10 separate makeup looks (bride, MOB/MOG, 7 bridesmaids) enhancing the features of each person beautifully-- not a single person tweaked their makeup in the slightest, and each girl felt and looked amazing! Unfortunately, after she was done with the makeup, Carolyn had to leave on a flight out of state for a previously scheduled event, and she was unable to stay for the VIP part of my service (makeup touch-ups through the first look/bridal photos up until after the ceremony). Thankfully, though, Carolyn recommended her assistant, Leah, to come and stay for the latter half of the afternoon. Leah was amazing as well, literally glossing my lips and powdering my face in between photographs to ensure that my makeup looked flawless. Although the VIP package isn't necessary, since the products Carolyn uses really last, I highly recommend it as it gave me piece of mind that my makeup would look great for the ceremony/reception no matter how much I cried (or sweat!) during the outdoor photographs. I can't say enough great things about Carolyn and my bridal experience and would recommend her to every family member, friend, and soon-to-be bride I meet!!!

Profile Picture Suzannah, 5/19/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Carolyn was A M A Z I N G !!!! . My bridesmaid and I were so satisfied and got so many compliments . I highly recommend her . Thank you Carolyn ??

Profile Picture Jessica, 3/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Carolyn was so precious to work with! The day of my wedding was nothing but stress and running around, yet the moment I sat in that chair and she started to work her magic, I was calm and relaxed. Not only did she do an amazing job on me, but all my girls - including 2 junior bridesmaids - looked STUNNING. She did a subtle but beautiful job on them and a smooth, dramatic look on me - which I dare say, I felt HOT on my wedding day. Our make up lasted all night and, even after dancing, sweating and jumping around, it stayed in place! I also need to mention that I was having a bridezilla moment about my hair, and she jumped right in and fixed it for me! She's a doll and an absolute pleasure to work with. If I ever need my make up done for another occasion, I will definitely book her!

Profile Picture Kate, 10/29/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Licensed, Group Services, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Tattoo Coverage

I am so glad I chose Carolyn for my wedding day! I needed a makeup artist for my bridesmaids and my family that was flying in from Florida. She treated each and everyone one of them as if they were her own family. Some of my friends and family don't wear makeup so they explained that to Carolyn and wanted a very natural look. She gave them a natural look but with some sass!!! I loved her work, my bridal party loved her work and I would recommend her to anyone!!!! If you don't have an artist, book Carolyn!!!!! You won't be disppponted!

Profile Picture karina, 4/15/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I cannot say enough GREAT things about Carolyn. She recently did my makeup for my wedding on 10/2/15, as well as makeup for my family and bridesmaids. We all looked absolutely amazing and I felt my skin looked flawless. It rained particularly hard on the day of my wedding thanks to Hurricane Joaquin, which had me a bit nervous that my makeup would run and that I would look horrible by the end of the day. To my surprise and thankfully due to Carolyn's sheer talent, my makeup lasted all day and all night. Carolyn is so sweet and a true professional artist. I'm so happy I chose her for my wedding day! You cannot go wrong.

Profile Picture Tina Marie, 10/2/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Group Services, Makeup

I thought finding hair and make up for my wedding was an impossible task. I searched for months and could not find anything that had me excited. I found Carolyn's work on Instagram and immediately contacted her. Scheduling a trial run for hair and makeup with her and Anna was the best thing I ever did. I showed them several pictures of things I liked and they perfectly put together my dream look. I signed my contract on the spot because it doesn't get any better than them. On the day of my wedding Anna and Carolyn arrived early. They were sweet and flexible and continued to tweak anything that wasn't perfect. They made hair and makeup for seven woman fun and enjoyable. Everyone looked beautiful! I cannot thank them enough for their flexibility, commitment to perfection, and kindness. One of my bridesmaids booked carolyn for her wedding because of the exceptional work that went into each and every person. Carolyn and Anna are the dream team for a bride wanting to look perfect on her wedding day.

Profile Picture Danielle, 7/4/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

We booked Carolyn for our wedding yesterday and she was amazing!! My make-up looked perfect all night (after getting ready in the early morning). My bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law and grandmothers all loved the way they looked! If you are lucky enough to book with Carolyn, you will look gorgeous!

Profile Picture User3382028, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Carolyn was absolute perfection to work with. She deserves more than 5 stars. She was so friendly, talented, flexible & efficient. She has an amazing talent with her makeup and I would never use anybody else. I recommend her without hesitation or doubt. Thank you again Carolyn!

Profile Picture Mary, 4/12/15, 2 Reviews