Carolyns Makeup Artistry Reviews

67 | North Arlington, NJ

67 Reviews for Carolyns Makeup Artistry

• Amanda · Married on 03/13/2020

I chose to use Carolyn's Makeup Artistry for her amazing work on THE most important day of my life. She did my makeup(the bride), 5 bridesmaids and 2 mothers. She is nothing but THE BEST! I wouldn't change one thing about the day. She arrived on time (7am) on a holiday weekend with a huge smile on her face. She had every color and product you could possibly request as far as makeup goes. It was perfection. Every bridesmaid looked flawless, and I have never seen my mother look so beautiful in my life! Our reception started at 7pm (12 hours later) and multiple guests asked me when we touched up our makeup....WE DIDNT! Twelve hours later and our makeup looked just as beautiful. My wedding pictures came out amazing! I look flawless and porcelain, thanks to the wonderful Carolyn. I would request her a million times over and plan to use her again in the future!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Ashley Johnson · Married on 11/29/2019

Absolutely amazing

Carolyn is beyond amazing. I would recommend her to everyone!! She is super professional, super talented and makes you feel like a absolute princess on your wedding day! She will always be my forever go to girl.

Sent on 12/05/2019
  • Filomena

Filomena · Married on 10/06/2019

Could not have loved my makeup more!

Cannot say enough good things about Carolyn. She did all my girls’ makeup for what I think is a reasonable price for her talent. She knew exactly how to handle the timeline when we were getting ready and is super nice. I normally don’t wear a lot of makeup and my husband doesn’t like a lot of makeup either, but she did a wonderful job because we both loved it! My makeup did not come off even until the next morning.

Sent on 01/06/2020

Dana · Married on 09/28/2019

Stunning !!!

Carolyn was great from start to finish! She had a bride earlier in the morning before me and still arrived on time. She is truly passionate about her work and spent her time with each and every bridesmaid. The girls and myself looked absolutely STUNNING ! The makeup stayed all night through sweat and tears. Cant wait to see the professional pictures !!!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Dena Barsoum · Married on 09/03/2019

Incredible!

Carolyn is the best! She did my makeup for my bridal shower and for my work photos before my wedding. The week before my wedding, my face was burned after I went for a wax/thread. I completely freaked out but Carolyn was texting me all week giving me tips on how to manage it. By my wedding day, the burn had improved but I also had a nervous/allergic rash on my neck—long story short, my skin was a disaster. Carolyn reassured me that everything would be ok and she absolutely delivered! The before and after pictures speak for themselves. She really does amazing work, she’s so responsive and really listens to what you want, and the makeup lasted absolutely all night long. I am so thankful to have met her and can’t wait for the next excuse I can use to have her make me up again!

Sent on 03/11/2019

Katie O’Donnell · Married on 07/27/2019

Best Bridal Makeup

Flawless, beautiful, radiant are a few of the words I could describe the makeup for my wedding day, bridesmaids and moms. I felt at ease and fully trusted Carolyn from the first time I spoke to her about how I envisioned my bridal makeup. Before I even described what I was looking for, she already knew... that's how talented she is. Even the mothers who have never had their makeup done were so happy with how they looked after Carolyn did her magic. She can make anyone look absolutely amazing and each bridesmaid came out more perfect then the last. Each and every women felt and looked amazing thanks to Carolyn. On my wedding day, getting ready with Carolyn was so calming and peaceful. My mother, mother-in-law and bridesmaids looked so beautiful and we had SO much fun with Carolyn. I cannot thank you enough Carolyn! We’re exited for the next event where we can have Carolyn so our makeup and would absolutely recommend her to any bride, if you can book her do right away!!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 06/29/2019

Carolyn does wonderful airbrush makeup. She also uses mink lashes which really pop in pictures for wedding makeup. My bridesmaids and I opted for full glam makeup complete with red lips. Everyone looked so beautiful and the makeup stayed put in very hot/humid weather. She works very quickly too. Carolyn has a great personality and I would definitely use her again for my makeup needs.

Sent on 08/10/2019

Tara · Married on 09/22/2018

Carolyn was nothing shot of amazing! She did the make up for my myself and all of my bridesmaid and the mom's and my grandma. Each girl was so happy with how they looked and even said it was the first time they didn't wipe off their make up and redo it themself. I felt like a superstar the day of my wedding and she is super personable! I would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Vanessa · Married on 07/03/2018

The minute I seen Carolyn’s work I knew I just had to have her for my engagement and bridal make up. We were having an outside ceremony at Skyland Manor and the humidity from 6am on was almost unbearable.

My make up and also the rest of my bridal party’s make up stayed on the whole time despite the humidity even through the reception. As per the weather channel due to the humidity it felt like 109 degrees. Despite all that I received countless compliments!

She’s very professional, punctual and such a sweetheart. Besides all that she does amazing work! Love her and I will be using her for other glam events. I wish I could have another wedding just so I can get glammed again by Carolyn.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Gina · Married on 06/29/2018

I found Carolyn on instagram and fell in love with her work! I instantly New I needed to have her do my makeup for my wedding! I scheduled a trial with her 8 months before my wedding, so I could lock her in for our date! I brought my cousin ( who also happened to be my maid of honor) to the trial and Carolyn welcomed us and made us feel so comfortable. She has such a great personality, and is so open to change and gives her honest opinion on what you want. We ended up booking her that day for not only myself, but my whole bridal party! The day of the wedding she kept everyone calm
    (even though we were running late)and even helped us figure out what time we should get dressed for pictures. Everyone ranted and raved about her professionalism and service. We were all so happy with the results that I texted her after the wedding to let her know I will be booking her for all
    Future events!! Thank you so much Carolyn!! You made me feel and look beautiful the most important day of my life!! I can’t thank you enough!! I HIGHLY recommend Carolyn to all future brides!!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Ashley · Married on 06/28/2018

Carolyn was a pleasure to work with! She always answers questions quickly, on time, and does amazing work! She made my wedding day a dream by keeping my stress level down and my face flawless! I would 100percent use her again!
    Ashley quinn

Sent on 06/30/2018

Bre · Married on 06/09/2018

Carolyn is truly in a league of her own! Her talent is indisputable; she is the epitome of an expert artist! She was able to make me feel absolutely beautiful- while still comfortable in my own skin- on my wedding day! She catered to the different looks that my entire Bridal party wanted; to say she is more than capable of providing a wide range of looks on clientele of different ages is nothing short of the truth! The best-and easiest-decision you can make in regards to your big day is choosing to work with Carolyn! I would not hesitate to work with her again (even my Bridal party said that they will book their own wedding dates around her availability!)!

Sent on 08/31/2018
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 03/17/2018

Carolyn is absolutely amazing! I love the job she did on my makeup. I've never felt so beautiful in my life. My bridesmaids all looked gorgeous as well. Thank you so much Carolyn! You rock

Sent on 03/18/2018
  • Cara

Cara · Married on 01/27/2018

Carolyn was incredible to work with on my wedding day. She was extremely responsive to me throughout the entire process when I contacted her to schedule trials, ask questions, or confirm the day of timeline. She arrived early and set up everything she needed in the cramped kitchen at my parents house where we were getting ready. She managed to do impeccable make up on all 11 girls getting make up done that day and kept everyone on schedule. Even though she was working in the kitchen where people were coming and going through out the day she never had any problems and everyone's make up came out amazing. She did my make up last and when we finished we were ahead of schedule by almost an hour. I loved my make up and felt beautiful. She was also nice enough to touch up mine and my mother's make up after she was finished and packing up to leave because we both had cried when I put my dress on. Bonus, at the end of the night, just as she promised my make up and lashes still looked flawless. I could go on and on about what a wonderful job she did but her work speaks for itself.

Sent on 02/09/2018

Ashley · Married on 12/30/2017

Carolyn was recommended to me by another bride who used her for her wedding. I was having a difficult time finding someone who could not only do a good contour, but also make sure my makeup stayed all day/night, because of my oily skin. When I did my trial with Carolyn, she took special care to make sure my makeup would stay. Not only did I look the most beautiful I ever had, but not a bit of my makeup moved, smudged, or came off. I booked her right away for 14 girls. The day of my wedding, Carolyn and her team were professional and prompt. They made sure every girl had the look they wanted and that they were finished on time. Carolyn is definitely the best makeup artist in the area! I highly recommend her for any event and for any amount of girls. She can handle it all!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Christina · Married on 11/25/2017

I have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day thanks to Carolyn! Myself and my bridesmaids received compliments all night on our makeup. Everybody looked completely stunning!!!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Kelly · Married on 11/03/2017

Carolyn was very professional and responsive. She worked with me and the bridesmaids to give us what we wanted. Anna was friendly and listened to our preferences. They both had lots of patience and we very kind. Great experience!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Samantha · Married on 09/09/2017

Thank you so so so much Carolyn ! I wasn't able to wear my dream wedding dress due to having a baby. After you did my makeup my confidence boosted and I felt so beautiful ! When I get asked about my favorite part of the day , I always say my makeup . You truly have a great gift of making women feel beautiful. I'm so happy I met you and can't wait to use you again in the future !!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Cate · Married on 08/12/2017

Carolyn was absolutely amazing!!!! She was prompt, energetic and worked to meet all of the many different make-up visions each of my girls had for my special day! I have never, ever felt more beautiful then I did on my wedding day because of Carolyn's amazing work!!! If you are looking for someone who is reliable, professional and lots of fun..... Look no further!!! I would 10000% recommend Carolyn to all brides!!!

Sent on 11/07/2017

nicole · Married on 07/29/2017

Carolyn was reliable, professional, and she is so talented at what she does. I would highly recommend booking her ASAP. All of the bridesmaids and mothers were so happy with her work and I'm not used to wearing a lot of makeup so she did a great job making me feel beautiful and natural at the same time.

Sent on 11/22/2017

Jessica · Married on 07/22/2017

Carolyn was extremely professional and personable. She was so helpful and accommodating when I wanted to book my makeup trial and didn't have the most flexible schedule. Her work speaks for itself- she's amazing at what she does!!

Sent on 07/17/2017
  • Mayte

Mayte · Married on 07/22/2017

When planning my wedding, I had gone to serveral make up artists and I wasn't convinced but thanks to social media I found Carolyn (Instagram: Carolynsmakeupartistry) and I immediately noticed how talented she was. I knew she was the one when I had my trial, not only did she cover some difficult acne scars, but she advised me on products I can use on a daily basis for my skin and makeup that won't clog my pores. On my big day, she outdid herself, I've never felt so beautiful and even though it seemed to be the hottest day on earth for a wedding, my makeup looked flawless all night and into the early hours of the next morning.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Jaime · Married on 07/21/2017

Carolyn was an absolute pleasure to work with! Everyone kept complimenting how great my makeup looked. On top of being a top notch makeup artist, she made the whole process of getting ready go smoothly. I would recommend her to anyone who needs a fabulous makeup artist for any type of event!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Samantha · Married on 07/14/2017

Where do I possibly begin? Carolyn is an amazing makeup artist. My wedding was on July 14th, 2017. That was the best day of my life and I owe a piece of that to Carolyn for making me feel so beautiful. From the very first time I went to meet Carolyn for my trial I felt so comfortable. Her down to earth personality and her beautiful talent of makeup made me want to book her instantly. And that is exactly what I did and could not be happier with the way my makeup turned out. I felt like the most gorgeous girl in the room. My bridesmaids were so impressed as well and couldn't wait to get their makeup done by Carolyn. My mom was very hesitant getting her makeup done and veering off from her usual routine. Carolyn's easy going personality put my mom's mind at ease and she did an absolute amazing job and my mom loved it ! I can't say enough good things about Carolyn and her work. She made me look stunning on one of the best days of my life ! I can't wait for another event where I can have my makeup done by her again ! I suggest her to everyone ! She's the best ! -Samantha Piacenza

Sent on 07/30/2017

Cristina · Married on 06/17/2017

Carolyn does GORGEOUS work! She is professional, personable and fun to work with which is perfect for your big day! HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER :)

Sent on 11/14/2017