Carolyn Shepard Design Group Reviews

42 | Charlotte, NC

42 Reviews for Carolyn Shepard Design Group

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Andrea · Married on 09/24/2016

Carolyn was fantastic! Everyone noted how beautiful the flowers were. I made a last minute change to my order and she was very accommodating and the arrangement was gorgeous

Carolyn was organized and offered us a stress free experience from planning to execution. With her creative ideas, she was able to transform our special day's venue into a wedding wonderland.

If you want to feel at ease with your flowers and design aspect of your wedding. You have come to the right place, its hard to put into words how wonderful Carolyn is as a person and her work will blow you away! She will help you with your vision and make it bigger and better than you could ever imagine. Her work is more than just flowers you can tell she puts a personal touch on ever arrangement she does. The guest at my wedding could not get over how gorgeous her work was. As far as design she can help you with that as well, table clothes, candles, centerpieces she does it all!! I would recommend her to EVERYONE who was getting married in the Charlotte surrounding areas. She will not disappoint :)

Danielle · Married on 10/18/2014

VERY talented and a lot of fun to work with!! Carolyn has an amazing eye for design and beauty. All of the flowers at my wedding were perfect. She listened to me, gave me great feedback and delivered a beautiful product!

Grace · Married on 09/21/2013

My husband and I are so happy that we decided to hire Carolyn Shepard for our wedding floral arrangements! Carolyn is a sincere, artistic individual who is transparent about the prices and what key pieces are needed to align your vision with your big day. We were so happy with the results of our arrangements! Carolyn was also flexible in the delivery method which made it stress free for the bride. Thank you, Carolyn!!

Sent on 10/25/2013

Carolyn Shepard Design Group's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words about us, Grace. =) It was a pleasure working with you!!!!!

We were happy to create the bouquets and corsages for your wedding, and I loved the centerpieces that you made for your tables!!!! So cute and full of personality!
    Best wishes for many years of happiness to you and Phil!

Vicky · Married on 04/28/2013

I met with Carolyn in December 2012 after communicating with her several times prior to our first meeting. When we met, it was just like two old friends designing a wedding and dreaming about the possibilities from a vision. I wanted to capture the beauty of English window boxes and Victorian elegance. I shared with Carolyn several pictures of my bathroom wallpaper. She immediately grasped the milieu we were trying to create. I ordered some very tiny butterflies, and Carolyn was able to incorporate them into all the flowers for the girls and women. It was a lovely surprise. Carolyn’s artwork complimented so beautifully the grace of St. Mary’s and it stained glass windows.

For The Morehead Inn reception, Carolyn’s work was on display again with the artful appeal created at the Chapel. The design and lush flowers she used at St. Mary’s were repeated at the Inn in every room and space, even the Newell at the bottom of the staircase. For the wedding cake, Carolyn created a gorgeous billowy flower arrangement for the top of the cake as well as a full multi-layered circle around the base of the cake.

Just to demonstrate the artful flower creations by Carolyn, I can share that her work did not go unnoticed! Everyone was simply overcome by such beautiful arrangements that blended with the old home in such an elegant and charming way. Our guests shared that they have never seen anything like it. The guests were invited to take the flowers after the reception to an event or to a friend to cheer up someone’s day. I know Carolyn’s work and the beauty of that Sunday afternoon were enjoyed by many for a long time.

Carolyn is a remarkable artist who has many options to fit budgets. You can trust Carolyn to create your beautiful wedding and reception, and you can be assured that Carolyn and her staff will be in constant contact with you. There are just simply no worries with the Carolyn Shepard Design Group. She was the perfect selection for me.

Sent on 06/03/2013

Oh, Vicky!

Thank you so much! =)
    Working with you on your wedding flowers and decor was just so darn fun! =) Kind, caring and thoughtful clients such as yourself, make my job seem like it's not work at all!

Thank you so much for all the wonderful photos of your day. We will surely add them to our portfolios of work!!!

Carolyn

Carolyn Shepard Design Group was the best vendor we worked with during our wedding planning process. Very professional, great advice, and willing to accomodate according to the client. On the actual day of the wedding, we were stunned by the decor and flowers, and received so many compliements on all the floral arrangements. Would absolutely recommend to anyone!

Sent on 05/13/2013

Carolyn Shepard Design Group's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. =)

It's our goal to exceed our bride's expectations! So glad that we exceeded yours!!!!

Tiffany · Married on 03/16/2013

From planner to bride, I knew that Carolyn and her team were top notch but when I walked into the reception, my breath was taken away. The beautiful linens, rich draping and lavish florals made my dream a reality. From start to finish, my experience with CSDG was flawless. I could not have been happier with the execution of all the details!!!

Sent on 06/04/2013

Dear Tiffany,

As one of Charlotte's best wedding planners, it was a pleasure to have you chose us for your flowers and decor. I am humbled by your glowing review, and it was our pleasure to be a part of YOUR big day!

Many thanks, and big hugs to you and your groom, Rudy!

Steven · Married on 12/22/2012

Carolyn Shepard Design Group is amazing. They went above and beyond on any request or thought my wife and I had. They were available for consult on everything from the complicated to the mundane. Carolyn and Christie took a large amount of stress off my shoulders by helping work out a timeline with the other vendors. The end result was BEAUTIFUL. I could not have asked for more. These are some incredibly talented and trustworthy people.

Sent on 01/15/2013

Dear Steven,

Thank you so much for your kind words about us!

Planning the flowers and decor for your wedding was different and fun to do with the groom for a change! =)

Thank YOU for being such a terrific client, and easy to work with! =D
    We love you guys!

Kara · Married on 12/01/2012

After I got engaged in January 2012, the first person that I hired to coordinate the floral decor for my wedding was Carolyn Shepard Design Group. Carolyn's reputation in Charlotte (and heck, the entire Southeast) is unparalleled when it comes to quality and creativity. I knew that only CSDG could make my visions a reality. At our first meeting Carolyn looked at me and said "let me create your wedding day as a surprise to you." I agreed immediately and honestly it was the best decision that we made. When we walked into our wedding reception, I was at a complete loss for words. In fact, the only thing that I could do was cry. The entry to the ballroom had two large urns overflowing with roses, gardenias, hydrangea, and long stems of cymbidium orchids. A panel of fresh flowers completely covered the window above the entrance and white curtains draped on either side. Glass vases lined the doorway with floating candles. Inside, an entire wall of candlelight flickers with the cityscape behind. The tables were draped in white silk tablecloths with a combination of "high/low" centerpieces on each one. The "high" arrangements are lush with beautiful roses, cymbidium orchids and gardenias. The "low" arrangements are rings of the same flowers, surrounding a huge hurricane vase with candles and votives. Then, I see the cake table..excuse me, cake PAVILION! Carolyn erected a tent that was then draped with white sheer linens and covered with archways of lush white flowers!! A pearl encrusted table cloth was draped over the cream silk linen. A clear acrylic box that was filled with fresh white rose petals to serve as a stand for the cake.
    I haven't yet seen photos from that night and only then will I realize all of the intricate details that CSDG incorporated into my wedding. I am still getting complements from friends and family about the flowers! CSDG exceeded my expectations every step of the way and created an experience that I will never forget. THANK YOU, Carolyn!!

Sent on 01/07/2013

Dear Kara,

Awwww! Thanks so much! *blush*

You are the first client to put complete blind trust, and it was GREAT fun to surprise you with your wedding flowers and decor! =)
    Since then, we have had 2 others do the SAME THING!!! LOL!

The look on your face when you entered the reception was priceless! So glad that you all loved the look we created for you, and it was our pleasure to work with you!

Joanna · Married on 11/10/2012

Carolyn and her team were so easy to work with. After my initial meeting, Carolyn provided an outline of what we discussed and next steps. That professionalism and follow-through was exactly what I wanted. She really took the time to listen to my requests and offer detailed examples, photos, etc to assist my decision. Her team provided advanced notice with updates on billing and promptly replied to emails. Carolyn and I met again before the ceremony and she was very accomodating to our ideas and calmly walked us through what to expect. I knew the arrangements and bouquets would be beautiful but they exceeded expectations! I recieved complements all night and couldn't have been more pleased.

Sent on 11/26/2012

Dear Joanna,

Thank you for your glowing words about our products and service!
    We try to make the process as easy as possible for the bride and groom, since, usually, it's the first time for you all to plan an event such as a wedding, and we are happy to assist in any way we can!

Our goal is to exceed the client's expectations and we are THRILLED that we exceeded yours as well! =)

Tara · Married on 11/03/2012

Carolyn and her staff were amazing to work with. I only met with her twice while planning my wedding and she was some how able to figure out exactly what I wanted, and make it even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. Everything from the flowers, to the table linens and candles (so many candles!), were all absolutely perfect. I would recommend Carolyn to anyone looking for a designer who is extremely talented, professional, and easy to work with.

Sent on 11/26/2012

Dear Tara,

Thank you so much for the kind review! You were more than a pleasure to work with! =)

Thank you for putting your trust in us!

Laura · Married on 11/02/2012

I was having an intimate wedding with only 10 family members in attendance. Due to it being so small, I wanted everyone to feel like they were still at a big event. When I walked into Carolyn's office to discuss the details of what I had in mind, she understood immediately my vision for the evening and how important the dinner decor was to me. The evening of my wedding I could not keep my eyes off my bouquet when I walked into the suite at the VanLandingham Estate where they were waiting for me. The arrangement on the arch was exactly what I had hoped it would be and more. Gorgeous! The best was yet to come. The decor in the Occulus, where I had my dinner, was perfect and went way beyond my expectations. My guests talked about the room all evening. The entire night was perfect and the decor and flowers were a big part of what made for an amazing evening.

Sent on 11/12/2012

Dear Laura,

A woman after my own heart...
    I love small weddings like yours! I had 10 people at OUR wedding, too!!! =)

Since you work in the hospitality business, we were particularly thrilled to have you chose us for YOUR wedding, since we know you see them week in and week out at your hotel. =)

We had so much fun creating the decor for your wedding and I cant WAIT to see your photos!

Tamara · Married on 10/13/2012

Absolutely stunning. The table in the entry hall was AMAZING!!!! The table in the ball rooms perfect...the exact right amount of flowers and candles...it was all truly stunning.

Sent on 10/15/2012

Carolyn Shepard Design Group's reply:

Thanks for your kind words!!!

Warm regards and best wishes for a long and happy marriage!

Marcia · Married on 10/06/2012

Carolyn Design Group was very professional and easy to work with. The prices are reasonable especially for the quality of the products offered. The floral arrangements and centerpieces were amazing! My guest and I absolutely loved all of the decor provided by CDG. Everything was exactly how I envisioned and I'm still smiling!

Thanks for everything,

The happy Bride

Sent on 10/08/2012

Thank you!!!!!

We are always happy to hear that we made such an wonderful difference in our clients big day!!!!

Tiffany · Married on 09/29/2012

I was so pleased with the services of Carolyn Shepard Design Group. My bouquet, alter flowers, reception florals were all breathtaking and the ideas they (Carolyn and Christie) provided for my overall decor were perfect. All of our guests were commenting on the flowers for the wedding and reception. CSDG was so easy to work with and Christie even helped me get in my dress (corset backed) the day of my wedding. Christie was an expert on that as well! I would highly recommend CSDG to anyone looking for quality floral and design services for their wedding. Not to mention the customer service is excellent! Thanks so much Carolyn and Christie and the entire CSDG team! You really made my day extra special!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Carolyn Shepard Design Group's reply:

Thank you, Tiffany!!!! =)

We loved working with you too!!!

Carrie · Married on 08/04/2012

Carolyn Shepard and her team was amazing!!! She completely nailed the vision we had for our wedding. The arrangements were beautiful and the flowers she used were so fresh. Multiple people told me that the flowers at our wedding were the prettiest they've ever seen and we have her to thank. She was so pleasant to work with (sweet and professional) and we'd recommend her to anyone and everyone. Thank you, Carolyn & team, for making our wedding GORGEOUS!

Sent on 08/23/2012

Carolyn Shepard Design Group's reply:

Thank you so much Carrie!!!

You, and your mom, Carolyn were such a joy to work with and the flowers we chose together, were some of my favorites! I cannot wait to see your beautiful photographs! We will surely include them on our website, blog, and portfolios. =)

All the best to you and your new groom, and thank you again for choosing us!

laura · Married on 07/14/2012

Carolyn and her team were absolutely wonderful to work with. I wanted floral elements that were simple and clean, and Carolyn hit it spot on with a mix of low and high vases with single phalaenopsis orchids, beautiful linens, bright bridal party bouquets, and my bridal bouquet of cattleya orchids! She knew exactly how to pull it off, and I love her for it!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Hi Laura!

So glad that you loved all that we chose together for your wedding!

Your bouquet was one of my favorites to create in the past year! I think it suited you and your dress perfectly, and, btw, it was featured on the orchid growers website!!! =)

Loved working with you, and all the wonderful wedding pros that you selected to be a part of "Team Laura!" ;)

Julie · Married on 06/09/2012

Carolyn Shepard Design Group was fantastic to work with. They were very creative and professional. I would strongly recommend this vendor to friends.

Sent on 10/02/2012

Thanks, Julie!!!

We are thrilled and honored to have been your choice, for flowers and decor, your big day!!!

Wishing you many happy years together!

Jaime · Married on 10/08/2011

I really enjoyed working with Carolyn Shepard Design Group! From the very beginning they were involved with every aspect of the flowers and decor for the wedding. There was always someone available that I could call or email with questions. I loved all of their ideas and it was great that I could rent items from them, rather than being stuck with a whole bunch of glass containers that I would never use again. All the arrangements turned out beautiful...I even got compliments from the groomsmen. I would definitley recommend them to future brides!

Sent on 10/11/2011

Thank you, Jaime!!!

We do try to make it as easy as possible for our clients, and loved incorporating your ideas with ours to make it a spectacular day!

Best wishes for may happy years together!

Audrey · Married on 09/24/2011

When I started planning my wedding which was set for September 24, 2011 at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Charlotte, NC I had no idea what I was about to experience when I signed my contract to work with Carolyn Shepard Design Group. Carolyn and I hit it off from the beginning because I was a bride on a mission and knew what I wanted to see and also feel on the day of my wedding. To my surprise Carolyn Shepard Design Group totally SURPASSED all of my dreams, goals and expectations! My wedding was more than beautiful, it was completely over the top David Tutera style on a platinum level. Do not make the mistake of thinking that you cannot afford to hire Carolyn Shepard because of your budget. She can and is willing to work with any type of budget that you may have. To give you an example of my wedding day...right before I got ready for the doors to open for me to walk down the isle, they took me through my reception so that I could see it. I completely lost it and started crying uncontrollably because it was the most beautiful reception I had ever seen...in person anyway...LOL. All my dreams came true in that one moment and the nice thing about it was Carolyn and Christie were both there to share that moment with me. I may grow old, but I will never forget what Carolyn Shepard Design Group did for me. Let me leave you with this, if you truly want to experience what I have described for you, call Carolyn Shepard Design Group and let them help you to achieve your dream wedding day.

Sincerely,
    Audrey Cooper
    Stafford, Virginia

Sent on 10/11/2011

Ms. Audrey,

YOU were a blast to work with! Thanks for letting us run with your ideas! You are one of a kind! =)

Erin · Married on 11/20/2010

Working with Carolyn Shepard and her team was an absolute dream! Beginning with our first meeting, we discussed the overall "feel" my fiance and I wanted to create at our reception, and I was immediately met with Carolyn's cheerful warmth and incredible creativity! With her unparalleled experience in creating amazing wedding designs, we greatly appreciated the advice and recommendations she offered each step of the way - especially, the thoughtful, memorable elements she incorporated into our centerpieces to not only help us to achieve our "look" but meet our budget needs. Her floral designs were stunning, and completely transformed a very open, modern-looking, Uptown hotel space into our glowing, "vintage-y" wedding dream! Carolyn's spirit and remarkable gift for event design made each stage of the planning process feel easy and personalized to our needs. Six months after our wedding, family and friends continue to remark upon the unique, beautiful atmosphere Carolyn and her team created for us! She is truly an artist! - Erin B.

Sent on 08/04/2011

Thank you, Erin!!!

What a gorgeous wedding it was! I loved working with your ideas to transform the ballroom into YOUR style! =)

Loved the months we spent planning and anticipating that day!

gail · Married on 10/23/2010

I had heard about Carolyn Shephard and the superior service she provides but also some had said she was expensive. From the moment we first met ,she reiterated that she would work with us and our budget. Carolyn exceeded every expectation providing a phenominal product . She handled every detail just as she said she would. I cannot say enough about how happy we are that we chose Carolyn to do the flowers. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 11/22/2010

Dear Gail,

Thank you very much for all your compliments on our work. =) Your daughters wedding was truly a fun opportunity for us! Working with you all was great. We were a great for for one another and we are so glad you all chose us!

Erin · Married on 10/10/2010

Carolyn is AMAZING! We were so glad that we hired her for our wedding and everything looked more beautiful than we could have imagined!

Sent on 10/17/2010

Thanks so much!!! =)

When YOU are happy, WE are happy!!!

Carol · Married on 10/09/2010

Carolyn Shepard Design Group provided the flowers for my wedding in Charlotte in October of 2010. I was so pleased with the level of attention and professionalism at every stage of the process. I appreciated their advice, level of attention to detail and preciseness. I was so very, very pleased with the flowers for our wedding. The colors were just exactly what we wanted and added such beauty to the wedding. Surely CSDG is the top florist in Charlotte and I recommend them without reservation. Top notch!!

Sent on 10/20/2010

Thank you, Carol!

It was a pleasure working with you! Loved the look at the VanLandingham Estate!