116 Reviews for Carolyn Allen's Bridals & Tuxedos

Shoes (1)
Tuxedo Rentals (1)
Undergarments (1)
116 Carolyn Allen's Bridals & Tuxedos Reviews

I can't say enough wonderful things about this shop. Sue and Keith became friends throughout the process. They were patient in the choosing process and offered their thoughts and suggestions, were helpful and flexible if I needed to reschedule a fitting, and really cared about making sure my dress was perfect for my special day. I would recommend this shop to anyone getting married, and I can guarantee you wouldn't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Lauren, 12/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I started looking for my bridal dress around 2 months before my wedding day, visited a few popular bridal shops in Orlando but didn't find a special dress for my wedding, special customer service or the guidance you need when shopping for your wedding dress. I found Carolyn's Allen's shop conveniently located by the Premium Outlets. I called and got an appointment set up for the same day, I asked if I could bring my 9 month old baby and they actually loved it. In less than an hour I found my perfect dress !! It was a pleasure dealing with this family run business. Everyone is extremely friendly, courteous and professional. They are keen on listening to your needs and finding the perfect dress within your budget. Sue did an amazing job altering my dress and designing straps for me. They were also very helpful in assisting my husband find the right tuxedo rental.

Profile Picture Celeste , 11/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

We used Carolyn Allen's for multiple services: gown steaming, tuxedo rentals, gown cleaning/preservation. Kathleen and her parents were absolutely wonderful to work with. We were planning a destination wedding so there was a lot of anxiety and nerves around these particular services but we could not have been happier working with them- they were incredibly responsive to my many questions and their willingness to travel to our hotels for the rental fittings, steaming, drop-offs, and pick-ups, etc. was incredibly wonderful and appreciated.
Since we were traveling I was actually able to carry my wedding dress with me, but I know many others that have used their services and shipped their dresses to them in advance, so that's a great option if you need it. Plus their willingness to accommodate our schedules in terms of picking up the rentals and my dress after the wedding was so nice and a huge relief. I also got my cleaned and preserved wedding dress back shipped back home to me in great time and condition. I could go on and on, but basically they're great and the best and I could not recommend them highly enough.

Profile Picture Kasima, 11/14/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Father of Bride, Groom, Groomsmen, Tuxedo Rentals, Cleaning, Preservation

Carolyn Allen Bridal is an exceptional place - it is a family owned and family operated business in Orlando. Sue and Keith, the owners, are very professional and attentive, not to mention fun to be with! :) Sue is able to guide you in the selection of a dress that is the best for each bride. They have a good selection of beautiful designer dresses, many of which are available on sale, as they are off-rack. Sue and Keith helped my daughter find the perfect dress that she felt beautiful in, and then Sue tailored it to fit her perfectly, hemming it and pulling it in at the waist and the chest, so that she felt comfortable and confident to walk the aisle and then dance the night away. Sue is a fantastic seamstress and very professional. She did all of the pinning, tucking, and sewing herself. Very, very happy!!

Profile Picture User7537578, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Prompt, really friendly, and did a quick and fantastic job steaming my gown, my bridesmaids' dresses, and the MOB/MOG dresses! They had to come to my hotel room at 8 am to be finished before the hair/makeup started, but they were a pleasant start to our morning. Even better, the preservation service was so easy to use - I just left the gown and the form with bell services, and they texted me within 15 minutes that they had picked it up! So stress-free, the whole experience was great.

Profile Picture User7191942, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The couple who own Carolyn Allen's Bridal are by far the nicest couple I have ever met. The lady works with you the entire time, making sure that you are happy with your dress choice and she is very honest, which is awesome! The have a wide variety of dresses to choose from and they make you feel so comfortable when you are there! I would definitely recommend them!!

Profile Picture User6125206, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns, Plus Size Gowns, Veils, Alterations, Appts. Only, Cleaning, Customization, Preservation

If there was a way to rate them 10 out of 5, I would in a heartbeat!! The staff here is so amazing. We enjoyed going to visit them for fittings and are definitely going to stop in occasionally just to visit them even though the wedding is over :). I found them by looking for a designer that isn't carried in most stores, and was pleased with their selections. They keep up with current styles and new designs, my dress was not even out on the designers website before I got to try it on. And the alterations were done with dedication and an eye for detail. I never felt pushed, rushed, or ignored. Everything turned out perfect, and I love the way my dress looked in pictures! THANK YOU GUYS!

ALSO, get your bridesmaids, groom, and groomsmen attire there as well! I didn't and I regret it so much!!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/4/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

I don't even know where to begin with them. From beginning, dress shopping and finding my perfect dress with my friends and family, to end, my final fitting after several rounds of alterations, Carolyn Allen's was FANTASTIC. I can't recommend them enough. One of the best decisions I made throughout my planning process was buying my dream dress through them. Thank you all so much for everything!

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/15/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Groom, Groomsmen, Father of Bride, Veils, Garters

I may be a little premature in this review since my process is not yet final... But to date the Bridal shop has been Amazing!!! From the very first call, trying on all the gowns to purchasing the One that brought me here in the first place! Love it! Gown came in much quicker than I anticipated, tried it on yesterday! My first fitting is in Dec when my mom comes to town, I can't wait for her to meet these Fabulous women! They sure gave taken alot of stress off my shoulders!

Profile Picture Renea, 3/19/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Beyond perfect!! Above and beyond my wildest expectations! The most sincere family owned business in the game. They heard exactly what I wanted, and pulled the dress of my dreams straight off the bat.

I originally walked in because they are a Stella York distributer. Not one did they have my favorite gown designer but they had the dress I had been eying for years.

They do the alterations in house, give you the most personalized experience, and genuinely treat you like family. I actually cried walking out of my final fitting because I will miss seeing this family frequently! The best part of my wedding planning experience, hands down. They even delivered my dress on the wedding day! Just the best!!

Thank you so much!!

Profile Picture Amy, 1/30/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I live in the Los Angeles area and decided on a destination wedding at Disney World. Our wedding coordinator recommended Carolyn Allen's for dress storage, delivery, and steaming services. Everything was so simple and efficient; we had great email communication and everything was made very clear regarding pricing. My dress shipped out about 2 weeks prior to the wedding and they called me as soon as it arrived in their shop. They delivered my dress directly to my hotel room, steamed my dress and veil, and also steamed my mother-in-law's dress and husband's suit. Everyone I interacted with was so nice, knew all about Disney weddings and our wedding venue, and even gave us some recommendations for things to do in the park!

Profile Picture Laura, 11/9/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Bride, Groom, Mother of Groom

This is such a wonderful bridal salon. I had been to three others on my hunt for the perfect dress. A coworker recommended Carolyn Allen's, because they had done amazing alterations on her dress. I am so fortunate that she recommended them. I was surprised to find that they had all the dresses I had been pinning on pinterest! I decided on a Stella York gown, and I was impressed by the reasonable prices. Even the extensive alterations were well below my budget.

The entire team there makes you feel like part of a family. Their goal is to make sure you love how you look and that the dress fits perfectly. I am a petite, plus-size girl, and I never thought I would feel as beautiful as I did. I loved my dress but I was hoping for a more modest neckline. They recommended a custom alteration using beaded sleeves as an addition to the neckline. The end result was gorgeous! They were patient with me at each fitting and you could tell that they genuinely cared about the customers and the work they did. Their attention to detail and genuine care is more than I ever expected.

They have my highest recommendation, and I cannot thank them enough!

Profile Picture Mara, 10/15/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns, Alterations, Customization, Preservation

Carolyn Allen's was the first place I walked into to try on dresses, and it turned out to be exactly where I needed to go. You truly feel welcome there from the moment you step in the door. The appointment times are booked well so you never feel rushed, and you get the attention and care that you need. I never felt any pressure at all. As a followup, I was emailed some new styles that came in, and immediately set an appointment for one of those dresses. It turned out to be my perfect dress. It was then altered just in a few places to make me feel just perfect for my big day. Each time I went in for a fitting (which was a good two hour drive), I can say I looked forward to seeing everyone. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I definitely recommend a visit there for your wedding needs.

Profile Picture Christina, 9/19/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Seriously... do not go anywhere else. From the moment I walked in for my appointment I felt taken care of and in very competent hands. I got to select from pictures what I wanted to try on versus someone just pulling random dresses off the rack. They listened to my feedback about the dresses I was trying on and were able to make wonderful recommendations of dresses they were familiar with in the shop. We found something in a matter of hours, it was on sale, and they were able to make all the alterations on site. They were always prepared for me to visit for fittings and were so pleasant to be around. They got to know my family that was waiting, provided a personalized experienced and would remember things that I told them from visit to visit. They are true professionals and so good at what they do. I didn't worry about anything. They were so patient with me when I was indecisive and never made a face, look or even whispered a negative thought about trying out different dresses or during the alteration brainstorm. I wanted to add some sparkly material to the dress and they just got it, they totally got my vision. They were so helpful in assisting me with decisions and options. I really can't say enough about this place. Don't waste your time anywhere else.

Profile Picture User4960474, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a wonderful experience with the staff here! Not only did my dress fit perfectly, but they delivered my dress to my venue the day of my wedding, so I didn't have to worry about my dress at all! I would highly reccomend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/4/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

We did a Walt Disney World Wedding on July 13th, 2015 and we had traveled in from New York City with all of our suits and gowns. Carolyn Allen's did such an amazing job pressing and steaming all of our wedding attire. We made a reservation ahead of time for them to come to our room at Disney's Beach Club Resort. They showed up right on time and did my wedding gown, 2 suits, and 3 gowns (she even steamed my husband's rehearsal outfit for not extra charge) in less than an hour! The prices were very reasonable and they were extremely professional. I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture nicole, 7/13/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Carolyn Allen's turned out to be a great choice. Sue and her daughter were always responsive. My MOH and I enjoyed every visit and appreciated their feedback and personal touch in choosing the gown and alterations. As a more mature bride they were easy and fun to work with every step of the way. They were never presumptuous, which was high on my list for finding a vendor to work with on my gown. Prices were reasonable too.

They also altered my future mother-in-laws dress. She is 90 years old and they were patient, gentle, and just delightful in working with her. We had the pleasure of meeting Keith at one of my final fittings and enjoyed those interactions with him as well. I would strongly recommend their intimate shop.

Profile Picture Patrice, 6/27/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I picked Carolyn Allens Bridal because of the highly rated reviews and I was not mistaken! Carolyn Allens bridal provided excellent steaming for my bridal gown and my bridesmaids dresses. They arrived on time and provided quality service for a quality price. I was very satisfied with their work and would highly recommend their steaming.

Profile Picture User4117417, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

When I made my appointment, it was out of their hours of operations (my wedding was on a Monday morning). They were able to accomodate and scheduled a steaming Sunday afternoon. Though I wasn't in the room when they did the steaming, my MOH informed me that it was quick, professional, and funny (Keith is a trip!). When I arrived, my dress looked great.. all wrinkles from moving the dress from Dallas to Orlando disappeared. In addition, they were easy to communicate with. Every time I called, someone answered timely, spoke kindly and professionally (once again, Keith is a trip!), and called me back if they had to take a while to provide an answer to a question. Thank you, CA!

Profile Picture Geralin, 2/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I used to work at The Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes and whenever a bride or wedding party needed something in a pinch, we reached out to Carolyn Allen's. Over the years, I have recommended them to all my friends. When it was finally my turn to get married, I knew this was the place to go. The veil was one of the most important things about my wedding. I really wanted a cathedral veil with lace starting at the fingertips. Everywhere I went, those veils were over $1000 and that was waaayyyy out of my budget. The veils I did find that were within my budget were awful and cheap-looking. Sue suggested we make our own. I ordered a veil from them and at their suggestion, I went to the Sewing Studio in Maitland and picked out beautiful lace. Sue cut the lace and sewed it onto the veil... I literally cried when I saw it. It was one of the most beautiful veils I'd ever seen. We also did our tuxedo rentals with Carolyn Allen's and they were perfect! If you are looking for an intimate and genuinely friendly wedding boutique, this is the place- they will really make all your dreams come true!

Profile Picture Shannon, 1/31/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I absolutely loved my seamstress. She was just absolutely wonderful. She really made me feel like my wedding dress was in good hands and she did such a good job. I could not have asked for a better job. I highly recommend her. She is also so personable and sweet. I real joy to work with.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 1/23/15, 13 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I really cannot say enough good things about Carolyn Allens! I bought my wedding dress from here and they were SO helpful! They were so great with alterations. She took a lot of care to make the dress a perfect fit for my body. I loved working with them and I would recommend them to everyone!

Profile Picture Taylor, 1/10/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I found my perfect wedding dress at Carolyn Allen's! The staff was super friendly, it was easy to make an appointment to try on my dress, and for alterations. They were very helpful and I would definitely recommend them! They even altered my mom's 40 year old veil so I could use it, and it was more up to date :)

Profile Picture Pam, 11/1/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

This is a small bridal shop tucked away in the Publix Plaza in Williamsburg. I am SO glad I found it! This was actually my first stop in my dress shopping. They were very helpful while trying dresses on and not pushy at all when I told them I was going to look at some other places. I ended up purchasing my dress from a great organization called Brides Against Breast Cancer. My Dress needed some major alterations, so I brought it back to Sue at Carolyn Allen's. Sue is amazing! They didn't care that I didn't get the dress from them (unlike David's Bridal) they even mentioned that they donate dresses to Brides against Breast Cancer as well!

Every time I walked into the shop, I was greeted by their friendly staff, usually by Keith whom always had a joke to tell, or loved to talk about the great brides they work with.
Sue worked magic on my dress, that was probably 6 sizes too large. She worked with me until it was perfect and she knew I was happy with it. She offered great suggestions on making it fit best for me. Their pricing was extremely reasonable, and I was never charged extra from my original quote, even though I know she needed to make additional adjustments to my dress.

This shop, and their friendly staff was probably one of the best experiences of my wedding planning process. I was always excited to walk in, talk to them (Felt like I was hanging out with them) and try on my dress.

Sue, I can't thank you enough for your care and attention to detail with my dress. You were a big part in making me feel absolutely stunning on my big day!

Profile Picture Leah, 10/11/14, 2 Reviews