Carols Cake Cupboard Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Kat K. Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing, would highly recommend!

Carol is a sweetheart and a cake that perfectly complimented the elegance of my wedding theme. Not only did it look flawless, it tasted great! Looking forward to having our anniversary cake next year.

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Congratulations! Thank you for the review. I was so glad to see you and be able to take a picture of the two of you, that is something I don't get to do very often. I love your theme and enjoyed making your cake.
  • Megan
    Megan S. Married on 09/21/2019

Delicious!

Carol's cakes are delicious! They were by far the best we tried at the wedding show we went to, which led us to hire her! Carol is so sweet and made it easy to decide what we wanted for our cake at a reasonable rate. She always responded quickly, and, most importantly, the cake is delicious! There were no slices leftover from our wedding. We decided to eat our anniversary cake at our 1 year engagement anniversary and 1 month of marriage anniversary a few days ago and I am so happy to have enjoyed more of her delicious cake. Highly recommend!

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Congratulations! Thank you for your flattering review. It makes me happy to know you were pleased with your cake. Keep in touch, remember I do cakes for all occasions.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie M. Married on 09/14/2019

Wedding Cake

Carol is great! The cake and frosting were so so so good we ate our year anniversary cake early because we couldn't wait and wanted to eat more!

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Congratulations! I am very happy you enjoyed your cake, so much that you ate you anniversary cake already. I guess I will be hearing from you next year, if not before! Remember I do cakes for all occasions, you don't have to get married to get a cake.
    Katherine D. Married on 08/17/2019

Excellent Experience

For my wedding I wanted a white birch style cake and cupcakes. Choosing Carol's cake cupboard was the best decision I could have made. My cake was not only beautiful but tasted fantastic as well and I was extremely happy with my cake and cupcakes!

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Congratulations! Thank you for the flattering review. Since I had never done a birch tree before I was thrilled with the way it turned out. Hope to hear from you soon.
  • Lexi
    Lexi Married on 08/10/2019

Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious! Carol was awesome to work with and was always available to answer any questions we had. We wanted to add real flowers to the cake and Carol made sure she could meet the florist at the venue to add them. Looking forward to eating our anniversary cake next year!

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Congratulations! Thank you for the review. I hope to hear from your in the future, I do cakes for all occasions. Keep in touch.
    Nicole Married on 07/27/2019

Fun-fetti Wedding Cake

Carols cake cupboard was amazing!
    5 stars, no doubt ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Carol is a very sweet and genuine lady. She has very fair prices and the cake was amazing. She did a funfetti wedding cake that matched the color theme of my wedding. She is so easy to work with and is very caring about your special day! The cake was exactly what I’ve always dreamed of and tasted delicious. I highly recommend using carols cake cupboard in Lockport!

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Congratulations! Thank you for your glowing review! It makes me very happy when a bride gets the wedding cake of her dreams.

Dana I. Married on 06/22/2019

Overall Carol was a pleasure to work with for our big day.

Carol was very friendly, professional and flexible with us for our wedding on June 22. We met with her months ahead of time and at that point we thought we would be having about 125 people at our wedding so we decided on a four tier cake. Once we started getting the RSVPs in it turned out that we would only be having about 90 people, therefore a few weeks before the wedding we called Carol to see if we could cut the cake down, and she was more than understanding with us! Not to mention the cake was amazing... Both presentation and taste! We got many compliments from our guests.

Dear Dana and Justine,

Congratulations, again!
    Thank you for your kind words, it was also my pleasure
    working with both of you. I hope to be able to make
    something else for you in the future.

Christine K. Married on 05/26/2019

We love Carol’s Cake Cupboard!

Carol was a delight to work with! She welcomed me, my fiancée, and my mom into her home that smelled of delicious cake! We had tea and cake tastings together and she showed us all of her options. She was flexible with design, had lots of shapes to choose from and was patient with me when I was indecisive. Our cake was everything we wanted and more! We absolutely loved the taste of the yellow-chocolate combo and her buttercream frosting is the perfect balance of sweet but not overly sweet. She even added dowels so we could put my parent’s cake topper on top! The cake meant a lot to us and Carol absolutely nailed it!! Thank you so much Carol! My husband and I will definitely be back the next time we hold a special event!

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Congratulations, again! Thank you for the review, it was my pleasure to make your cake dreams come true. I look forward to working with all of you again for the next big occasion in you lives!
    Mark F. Married on 12/21/2018

Best cake ever!

If there were a way to give Carol 6 stars I would. To say that our wedding cake was the best cake I have ever tasted does not do it justice. We first met Carol in her quaint Lockport home, where she and her sister personally make every cake to order. She invited my wife and I in and served us the lightest, sweetest, most delectable cake either of us had tasted so far. This was accompanied by an offer of virtually any beverage you can imagine, and she even gave us a piece to take home for our parents to try. After Carol rolled out an impressive display of the cakes she had made previously, my wife asked her to make a custom cake, the likes of which Carol had never seen. After expressing hesitation at first, Carol agreed, and the cake turned out exactly like the photo we showed her. Carol takes pride in the fact that she does not use fondant in her cakes, and she provides a much better value than the “big name” bakeries in town. I can guarantee you will not be diapointed with Carol as your cake maker.

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Congratulations, again! Thank you for the most glowing review!
    My goal is to make everyone feel the way you did about your cake. I look forward to hearing from you in the future for some other wonderful event.
  • Danielle
    Danielle Married on 11/24/2018

Choose Carol!

We hired Carol to bake our wedding cake for our 11/24/18 wedding. It was AMAZING! Carol was easy to work with, and such a sweet lady. She had us over to taste test some cake, it was delicious! She worked with us on our budget and what we envisioned. She was so flexible with what i requested and when i changed my mind about things here and there. She made one gorgeous cake and it was yummy. It all went at the wedding, and we are so excited that we also got a free top tier so we can enjoy it on our anniversary. Carol was overall amazing, and her work is excellent. We would highly recommend her!
  • Sara
    Sara Married on 09/29/2018

Easiest planning expand BEAUTIFUL cake

Carol is absolutely AMAZING! Our cake was so delicious and it was exactly what we wanted. The ordering process was very easy and stress free, Carol walked us through everything to make sure we got everything we wanted. Her prices are extremely fair, especially considering the GORGEOUS result, we could have spent hundreds more at a store front. We are so blessed we found Carol, we will be using her for every cake need we have in the future!

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Congratulations, again! Thank you for the review. I look forward to working with you again. It always makes me happy to make your cake dreams come true.

Anna Married on 08/04/2018
    We really enjoyed working with Carol for the wedding cake! She did an amazing job creating the cake, keeping in mind all of the elements of design we were looking for. We met with her early on at her business to find a very professional show room with lots of photos for ideas along with real size replicas of her cakes in various shapes and sizes. It was clean, organized and made it easy to visualize your future wedding cake. The prices quoted for the work were very reasonable as well. After all the planning, months later I was stymied by the colour of my lovebird wedding toppers I bought on line. I contacted Carol and we redisigned some elements and changed the hue of the blue. Carol was extremely understanding and was eager to create a cake to make us happy. She succeeded! On the wedding day, Carol brought the cake to the venue and set it up. It was gorgeous and received many compliments. It tasted excellent! Thank you Carol so much and we were thrilled with your creation!

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Congratulations! Thank you for your kind words, it was my pleasure to work with you and Tom. I am very happy I was able to capture your vision for the cake, hopefully I can do something else for you in the future. Best wishes for a happy future here in the U.S. Sincerely, Carol
    Marlee Married on 06/23/2018
    We absolutely love Carol's cakes. We were thrilled to have her create a stunning wedding cake for our wedding. Not only was it stunning, but it tasted incredible too. Thank you so much Carol!

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Congratulations, again! Thank you for your kind words. It was my pleasure to make your cake dreams a reality.
    Jenny Married on 06/16/2018
    Amazing Lady to work with! I can not say enough good things about the experience. The cake was amazing, delicious and at a very fair price. She goes above and beyond to make everything stress free and treats you like family. She made us a anniversary cake that was packaged up ready for the freezer and followed up after the wedding to see how the day went.

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Congratulations, again! Thank you for the beautiful review. I hope to hear from you in the future. Sincerely, Carol
    Sarah Married on 12/09/2017
    Carol was great to work with! Her cake is to die for. I have never has a piece of homemade wedding cake that is amazing as hers. Our cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted great. Carol is half the price of the big bakery's around the city and tastes just as good. I Highly recommend Carol, especially if you are not looking to pay an arm and a leg for your cake.

** She gifts you a top layer of cake for your anniversary so that your whole wedding cake can be cut.

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Congratulations! So glad to hear you were happy with your cake. Best wishes on your marriage. Hopefully I will be able to do something for you in the future. Sincerely, Carol
    Jessica Married on 11/11/2017
    The entire process was easy and the outcome was everything we wanted. We went to taste at Carols house, she was super inviting and easy to talk to. She explained all our options and we could decide how we wanted our cake in detail. We thought the pricing was very reasonable and the cake was delicious! We chose the simple yellow cake with buttercream frosting. Thank you Carol, our guests were very pleased. We loved our cake!

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Congratulations! You are welcome, it was my pleasure working with you! I look forward to hearing from you again for a special event. Sincerely, Carol
    Heather Married on 11/04/2017
    Carol was great to work with. Our cake was delicious and we were very pleased. We certainly hope the anniversary cake, which Carol provides in additional to the actual wedding cake (!) will be just as good. If I could change one thing, it would be nice if she offered fillings (fruits, etc) in her cakes other than traditional buttercream, although her buttercream is outstanding. Excellent traditional wedding cake and the price was great. Highly recommended!

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Congratulations! Again. Thank you for your kind words. I have to apologize, apparently I did not mention that fruit fillings are available. We can do that in the next cake.
    Jessica Married on 07/14/2017
    Carol is incredible. She doesn't use fondant, which is exactly what we wanted! Delicious creamy buttercream. She is the sweetest person and so easy to deal with. She helped us create the cake of our dreams. Delivered it to our venue for us, and in fact, my florist neglected to leave her flowers to decorate the cake (we wanted flowers on the cake) and she made sure to get flowers so that our cake looked perfect. I never even knew it until after we got back from our honeymoon. Highly recommend her if you like a delicious cake and friendly easy service!

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Congratulation! My goal is always to make my brides cake dreams come true, Happy your were pleased. Hopefully I can do something for you in the future. Sincerely, Carol
    Hanah Married on 07/07/2017
    I have been going to Carol for years and always recommend her to friends + family. The quality of her cakes and the taste is outstanding - everything is homemade and never processed. She takes the time to make sure you have everything you want and makes suggestions to give you the best cake possible. Thank you Carol!

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Hanah, Thank you for the review. I always look forward to seeing you. Sincerely, Carol
    Jennifer Married on 07/02/2017
    What a wonderful, stress free experience picking my cake for my wedding. Carol is extremely personable and friendly. Her prices are affordable, cheaper than the rest for outstanding quality. Highly recommended! Thank you for the perfect cake for our day, Carol!

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Congratulations to you and Ron. It always makes me hope when a bride is completely happy with her cake. I hope to hear from you again. Good luck. Sincerely, Carol
    Darlene Married on 06/10/2017
    We had the best experience with Carol!!!! Her cake is second to none!!! It was so moist, the frosting is the perfect amount of sweetness! She made us the most beautiful cake I have ever seen! We got SOOO many compliments on not only what it looked like but the flavor! Everyone wanted to know where we got our cake from! Carol is just as sweet as her cakes if not sweeter! She is very professional, you can tell she takes her time! She matched our color perfectly! I would recommend Carol's cakes to anyone without hesitation!

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Congratulations! Thank you for your kind words. My goal is to make all your
    wishes come true. Maybe I can do it again in the future. Sincerely, Carol
    Amanda Married on 06/10/2017
    Carol did my cake for my wedding on 6/10/17. She was so easy to ask questions and give ideas and suggestions with. Everyone loved our cake. Thanks for our awesome wedding cake Carol!

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Congratulations, again! I am very happy that you and your guests enjoyed the cake. Thank you for your kind words. Sincerely, Carol
    Janet Married on 06/04/2017
    The wedding cake Carol provided was just wonderful - absolutely delicious, especially the buttercream frosting, and the decoration was perfect. And best of all, she could deliver it on Sunday, my wedding day, unlike any other provider I had contacted. She also provided a cake for my bridal shower, which was equally delicious and beautiful. I recommend her to anyone who wants a really outstanding cake for any occasion. Thank you, Carol!

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Congratulations again to you and Joe!
    I am looking forward to working with you again.
    Barbara Married on 06/03/2017
    Carol is simply AMAZING! She took time with us to see what we liked and WHY we liked it so she can make a cake that is uniquely you. The cake tasted fantastic, almost like she baked it that morning. The frosting was perfect! We had so many people ask "Who did your cake?" If you want a delicious, fresh cake that your guests will rave about, give Carol a call. Our whole experience with Carol was first-rate professional. If we ever need a cake again, Carol has our business!

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Congratulations! It was my pleasure to work with you to give you the wedding cake of your dreams. I would be happy to do something for you in the future. Sincerely, Carol
    Astrid Married on 01/28/2017
    Carol was wonderful! I happened to stumble upon her website after checking out a few other bakeries in Buffalo (and largely finding them overpriced with tasteless cakes). I decided to give her a try and was definitely not disappointed. I did a tasting at her home with my Mom and maid of honor and we all agreed her cake was delicious with a wonderful buttercream frosting. I had only a general idea of the winter themed cake I wanted and she took her time to help me refine the design and plan every detail. Carol was easy to get ahold of by phone for any questions and she was willing to make adjustments along the way. The result was absolutely gorgeous and my husband and I were delighted on our wedding day...not to mention the guests. Several people mentioned that the cake was very tasty (I went with half vanilla/half chocolate so that everyone got a little of both) and everyone loved the snowflakes and textured frosting that Carol decorated the cake with. I recommend Carol and would hire her again in the future!

Carols Cake Cupboard's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review! I hope all is going well for you and I can do something again for you in the future.