Carolina Music Planner Reviews

45 | Asheville, NC

45 Reviews for Carolina Music Planner

• Brandy

Brandy Scherer · Married on 10/04/2019

Our FAVORITE part of our wedding day!!!!

Hiring Carolina Music Planner was truly the best decision we made for our wedding day! Beginning with my initial phone call with Megan, she was full of so much energy and passion, we had no doubt we wanted to work with them. She was extremely responsive, helpful and accommodating throughout the entire planning process which is invaluable to a bride-to-be. We chose a harp and cello duo and simply cannot put into words how incredibly talented and wonderful these two ladies are! The element of beauty and elegance their music added to our special day is indescribable. We received so many compliments from our guests who not only loved their music but felt they fit in like family. We cannot thank Megan and Michelle enough for everything!! xo :)

Sent on 10/10/2019

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Aw Brandy, I appreciate you so much!! I honestly felt the same with you and your honored guests/family. Such an amazing group of people- beautiful inside and out. It was a privilege getting to know you over the past few months, and I cannot wait to catch up next time you're in Asheville (mean it!). I look forward to keeping in touch! Congrats again to you both. XO
  • Samantha

Samantha Mull · Married on 09/13/2019

String duo & DJ

Carolina Music Planner provided a cellist, violinist, & DJ for our wedding this month. The string duo was beautiful and the DJ & his wife were fun and kept our crowd dancing most of the night. They stayed on cue with our timeline and were flexible with the details. We had a specific playlist that we had been curating for a year that he drew from in a way that made sense. Megan was easy to communicate with and made the process less stressful with questionnaires to fill out regarding our preferences.

Sent on 09/29/2019

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Samantha, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. Your kind words mean more than you know, and we are so grateful to have been a part of your special day. I'm happy to hear that we made the process easy, and we wish you both a lifetime of happiness. Cheers!!
  • Pamela

Pamela Miller · Married on 09/07/2019

Beautiful music, Wonderful People

I would definitely recommend Carolina Music Planner to any future brides! Meghan was so helpful in planning what songs to have played at the ceremony and was very responsive to all my questions I had. They also had awesome playlists to choose from for our cocktail hour. They were very professional and an amazing addition to our wedding day!

Sent on 10/05/2019

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Pamela, thank you so very much for taking the time to put through such a thorough review. We really enjoyed working with you, and I'm so glad that it went smoothly. Congrats again, and best wishes to you both! I hope your first couple of weeks as newly-weds have been relaxing!
  • Katie

Katie Morris · Married on 08/10/2019

Seamless Communication, Beautiful Music!

Of all our vendors for our August 10, 2019 wedding, Megan was the most responsive and helpful in her communication. She worked with us to create a tailored music package that included beautiful string arrangements for our ceremony and cocktail hour and a dance band for our reception. Her prices were fair and she was respectful of our budget. It was so nice to be able to have one point of contact for all of the wedding music. We are so thankful we met Megan and can't recommend her team at Carolina Music Planners enough!!

Sent on 08/16/2019

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Katie, thank you so much for these kind words! It was a pleasure working with you and Quinn. I am so glad that we were able to find a live entertainment package that fit what you were looking for! (Also, selfishly, I'm SO glad I was able to personally play your event. The venue was stunning, and meeting you face to face was icing on the cake!)
  • Courtney

Courtney Hagenau · Married on 07/20/2019

Incredible to work with!

We could not have had a more positive and stress-free experience working with Carolina Music Planner! I was so impressed with their perfect balance of professionalism and easy-going communication. They were so kind to respond to our vision for our wedding ceremony by tailoring everything to our preferences, and offering multiple options. I would recommend them in a heartbeat, as they brought so much talent and beauty to our day!

Sent on 07/31/2019

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Courtney, thank you SO much. I'm glad that we met at the bridal show, and it was an absolute pleasure to work with you from start to finish! We wish you a lifetime of happiness and hope to cross paths again! ❤️ We appreciate your kind words!

Amanda · Married on 07/13/2019

Barn Wedding

Violinist didn’t even have sheet music for the Star Wars song we choose and he knocked it out of the park..so talented! The DJ’s were so much fun and played exactly what we wanted and anything anyone requested. Thank you all!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words and review, Amanda! We're so glad you were so happy with the music! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a nice review. Best wishes and congratulations to you guys!
  • Erika

Erika Orman · Married on 07/06/2019

I HIGHLY recommend Carolina Music Planner!

Working with Carolina Music Planner for my wedding was a great experience! We booked a cello/violin duo for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. Megan exceeded my expectations and was extremely communicative and helpful in the planning process, and Megan & Teresa's music was beautiful. I would highly recommend Carolina Music Planner for any event.

Sent on 07/21/2019

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Erika! Thank you so much for the kind words and the thoughtful review. We enjoyed putting together the live music for your ceremony and cocktail hour, and it was a stunning wedding! Teresa and I want to wish you a lifetime of happiness. I hope your first few weeks as newlyweds have been wonderful!
  • CAROLINE

CAROLINE CLARK · Married on 07/05/2019

Incredible

I cannot say enough positive things about Megan and the crew!! We had a quick turn around on our wedding with a little less than three months to plan! Nora and Teresa were nothing short of fantastic, and magical! I cannot recommend them enough for any function you may be hosting you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/06/2019

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Caroline, thank you so much for the kind words and for taking the time to leave a review. Nora and Teresa very much enjoyed performing for you all, and we wish you the very best! Congrats again! Enjoy the rest of your summer.
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 07/05/2019

Magical touch!

Carolina Music Planner was perfect for our garden wedding! We definitely didn’t think strings would be in our budget but they are so reasonably priced and the atmosphere their music adds is value way beyond what you’ll pay. On top of it they were so easy to work with and seemed genuinely excited to share in our wedding day. So happy we made the decision to book with them! Even a month after our wedding we’re still having people tell us what a special touch the strings were! Thank you, ladies!!!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Tara, we are so grateful to have been a part of your wedding day. The event was so intimate and special, and we were thrilled to perform for you. Congrats again, and cheers to a lifetime of happiness together!

Robin · Married on 06/22/2019

A wonderful experience

We worked with Carolina Music Planner and had a wonderful experience. My daughter wanted to walk down the aisle to Rainbow Connection and Nora was up for the task! She played during the ceremony and during the cocktail hour. Thank you for making our event so memorable!

Sent on 06/23/2019

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Robin! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this special review and feedback. Nora enjoyed performing for you all, and it was such a pleasure working with you and Jenn from start to finish. Congrats to your sweet family!! I hope our paths cross again!

Brianna Olinger · Married on 06/02/2019

Great communication, easy to work with

Met this vendor at the wedding festival I ended up receiving an amazing deal. Anytime I had questions they were answered immediately. I was nervous about not hearing the songs before hand but Paul (violinist) did an amazing job! 10/10 recommend

Sent on 06/10/2019

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Brianna, thank you so much for taking the time to type this sweet review! I'm so glad you were pleased. Paul is one of the best, and our team at CMP wishes you a lifetime of happiness. Cheers!!
  • Hunter

Hunter Waldorp · Married on 05/18/2019

What a joy

Megan was a joy to work with, accommodated song requests and was lightning fast with responses. I received so many compliments on our ceremony music. 10/10 recommend Carolina music planner.

Sent on 05/21/2019

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Thank you so much, Hunter! we try to answer all messages, calls, smoke signals, texts etc as quickly as possible- hah! I wish you both the very best, and I'm so grateful we could be a part of your special day.

Audrey Harman · Married on 05/04/2019

Wonderful and Accommodating

When we were planning our wedding Carolina Music Planner found us a wonderful selection of musicians within our price-range. We were extremely happy with our choice, Alexa Rose. She was very professional and personable and we couldn't have asked for a better experience to make our day just that much more perfect.

Sent on 05/10/2019

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Audrey! Thank you so much. I'm so glad that Alexa was the perfect fit. We love her. ❤️ I appreciate your feedback, and want to wish you both a lifetime of happiness. It was a privilege putting this piece together for your special day.
  • Kailey

Kailey Miller · Married on 04/27/2019

Beautiful Music

Megan was so enthusiastic in helping us plan our ceremony music and helping us pick the best instruments for the venue and style of the wedding. Her team performed wonderfully, and kept guests entertained even when our ceremony started 30 minutes late! Loved working with her and the other musicians.

Sent on 05/08/2019

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review, Kailey! Your wedding was stunning, and the we very much enjoyed being a part of your special day. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!

Caroline · Married on 10/13/2018

Great Experience

We had a great experience working with Carolina Music. Megan responded to us in a timely manner and answered all of my e-mails. The music sounded so beautiful. Very happy with our choice!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Caroline. We were thrilled to coordinate a string duo at Alexander Homestead. It was our first performance there. I wish you both the very best in your marriage!

john · Married on 10/05/2018

Paul and Amanda were incredible musicians. Megan Johnson was extremely responsive and easy to work with. Will use again for special events. We highly recommend!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

John, thank you so much for the feedback and kind words. It was an absolute pleasure working with you both, and I wish you the best. Paul and Amanda said the wedding was stunning!

Samantha · Married on 09/29/2018

I highly recommend Carolina Music Planner! We booked them last minute and Megan scrambled to do everything she could to find us a musician for our big day! I had a very unique song request for the bridal march and the musician followed through without a hitch, and I couldn't have asked for more! Their music selection is vast and they can play just about anything you can imagine, I definitely recommend booking CMP as soon as possible, and I know that if I ever needed a musician for a large event again, these guys are my top pick! Thank you guys so very much for making my special day sound so amazing!!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Samantha, I appreciate your feedback and I'm SO glad it worked out. Bill enjoyed performing the 311 piece- special requests that mean something to the couple mean a lot to us. We wish you both the very best, and I thank you again for choosing to work with me. -Megan

Lara · Married on 09/02/2018

Megan and her trio were a great choice for our wedding ceremony. She was super responsive during the planning process and made that part of wedding planning a breeze. They were very professional, showed up on time, and were very accommodating with our song requests. Overall, the trio did an excellent job! We also had pianist, Brian Turner, come out for our rehearsal dinner through Megan/Carolina Music Planner. He did a fantastic job and kept the dinner going smoothly with his jazz music in the background.

Sent on 09/26/2018

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Lara!! Thank you so much for your kind words. The wedding was beautiful, and I’m so proud you chose to go with Carolina Music Planner for your special day. Best of luck to you both!

Kathleen · Married on 08/04/2018

We could not have found a better, more professional musician to play the prelude, processional, and recessional at our wedding. Megan was so easy to get a ahold of, responsive, and accommodating and, of course, her music is beautiful! 10/10 would recommend. Thank you again!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Kathleen, I am so grateful for your 10/10 recommendation. After hundreds of weddings, its brides (and friends!) like you that make the job so easy. We truly love what we do. I wish you both the best! -Megan

Jennifer · Married on 07/21/2018

Nora and Paul were fantastic! Megan was very helpful and responsive to any questions I had. Great experience! I highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/22/2018

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Nora and Paul had a wonderful time performing for your wedding, and I appreciate the kind feedback. Thank you for taking the time to review. I wish you both the best, and hope your first few months as newlyweds have been amazing. -Megan

Stephen · Married on 07/14/2018

Megan was easy to work with before and during the wedding. She responded promptly to emails and made helpful suggestions for the song selections. She even sent audio files for us to hear certain pieces! On wedding day, she was on time and played beautifully. She was the perfect choice for us!

Sent on 08/15/2018
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 06/29/2018

Wonderful music , and with very happy with the prompt responses we shared. Megan was wonderful, we were extremely happy with her music choices.

Sent on 07/20/2018

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Thanks so much, Yvonne! We had a wonderful time. Your ceremony was so special, and I wish you both the best.

Logan · Married on 06/02/2018

Megan was seriously the best choice for music for our wedding ceremony/ cocktail hour. She was easy to get a hold of and super responsive, easy to work with, and learned a new song just for our exit. My only regret is that I got so lost in the moment I didn't get to hear more of her beautiful work. My family and friends have sung her praises and her solo cello added such a beautiful touch to our day. She followed up immediately after our wedding and had nothing but nice things to say. She really is the sweetest and easiest to work with. Hire her. Right now.

Sent on 06/18/2018

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Hello Logan! Thank you so much for such heartfelt words. Your wedding was beautiful, and I was so proud to be a part of it. I wish you both the best, and hope married life has been all you’d hoped for and more!

Maria · Married on 05/05/2018

My mom was lucky to find Megan via the internet for my wedding this past spring after we were unimpressed with the music recommendations from our wedding planner. Megan was an excellent decision!! She was responsive and extremely flexible to our needs from the very beginning. We were looking for Appalachian/folkish music and not traditional wedding trio music, and Megan and her team absolutely delivered! She put together an excellent trio, learned songs for us, and did a beautiful job at the wedding. They were on time, professional, and clearly very talented musicians. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Hi Maria! Thank you so much for the kind words. Your ceremony was so special! I absolutely love your parent’s home. I hope married life is treating you well!

Megan · Married on 04/14/2018

Awesome ceremony music in the asheville area

What a fantastic group to work with! I highly recommend Megan in the Asheville and North Carolina area! She was so accommodating and listened to all of my requests! Her group was so fantastic they even learned a 70s song for my husband and I to walk down the aisle after our announcement as man and wife! They were the best! So wish we had a videographer to listen to her beautiful performance in full! My guest raves about how wonderful the group sounded!

Sent on 10/15/2018