Carolina Music Planner Reviews

28 | Asheville, NC

28 Reviews for Carolina Music Planner

Caroline · Married on 10/13/2018

Great Experience

We had a great experience working with Carolina Music. Megan responded to us in a timely manner and answered all of my e-mails. The music sounded so beautiful. Very happy with our choice!

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Caroline. We were thrilled to coordinate a string duo at Alexander Homestead. It was our first performance there. I wish you both the very best in your marriage!

john · Married on 10/05/2018

Paul and Amanda were incredible musicians. Megan Johnson was extremely responsive and easy to work with. Will use again for special events. We highly recommend!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

John, thank you so much for the feedback and kind words. It was an absolute pleasure working with you both, and I wish you the best. Paul and Amanda said the wedding was stunning!

Samantha · Married on 09/29/2018

I highly recommend Carolina Music Planner! We booked them last minute and Megan scrambled to do everything she could to find us a musician for our big day! I had a very unique song request for the bridal march and the musician followed through without a hitch, and I couldn't have asked for more! Their music selection is vast and they can play just about anything you can imagine, I definitely recommend booking CMP as soon as possible, and I know that if I ever needed a musician for a large event again, these guys are my top pick! Thank you guys so very much for making my special day sound so amazing!!

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Samantha, I appreciate your feedback and I'm SO glad it worked out. Bill enjoyed performing the 311 piece- special requests that mean something to the couple mean a lot to us. We wish you both the very best, and I thank you again for choosing to work with me. -Megan

Kathleen · Married on 08/04/2018

We could not have found a better, more professional musician to play the prelude, processional, and recessional at our wedding. Megan was so easy to get a ahold of, responsive, and accommodating and, of course, her music is beautiful! 10/10 would recommend. Thank you again!

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Kathleen, I am so grateful for your 10/10 recommendation. After hundreds of weddings, its brides (and friends!) like you that make the job so easy. We truly love what we do. I wish you both the best! -Megan

Jennifer · Married on 07/21/2018

Nora and Paul were fantastic! Megan was very helpful and responsive to any questions I had. Great experience! I highly recommend!!

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Nora and Paul had a wonderful time performing for your wedding, and I appreciate the kind feedback. Thank you for taking the time to review. I wish you both the best, and hope your first few months as newlyweds have been amazing. -Megan

Stephen · Married on 07/14/2018

Megan was easy to work with before and during the wedding. She responded promptly to emails and made helpful suggestions for the song selections. She even sent audio files for us to hear certain pieces! On wedding day, she was on time and played beautifully. She was the perfect choice for us!

• Y

Yvonne · Married on 06/29/2018

Wonderful music , and with very happy with the prompt responses we shared. Megan was wonderful, we were extremely happy with her music choices.

Sent on 07/20/2018

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Thanks so much, Yvonne! We had a wonderful time. Your ceremony was so special, and I wish you both the best.

Logan · Married on 06/02/2018

Megan was seriously the best choice for music for our wedding ceremony/ cocktail hour. She was easy to get a hold of and super responsive, easy to work with, and learned a new song just for our exit. My only regret is that I got so lost in the moment I didn't get to hear more of her beautiful work. My family and friends have sung her praises and her solo cello added such a beautiful touch to our day. She followed up immediately after our wedding and had nothing but nice things to say. She really is the sweetest and easiest to work with. Hire her. Right now.

Sent on 06/18/2018

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Hello Logan! Thank you so much for such heartfelt words. Your wedding was beautiful, and I was so proud to be a part of it. I wish you both the best, and hope married life has been all you’d hoped for and more!

Maria · Married on 05/05/2018

My mom was lucky to find Megan via the internet for my wedding this past spring after we were unimpressed with the music recommendations from our wedding planner. Megan was an excellent decision!! She was responsive and extremely flexible to our needs from the very beginning. We were looking for Appalachian/folkish music and not traditional wedding trio music, and Megan and her team absolutely delivered! She put together an excellent trio, learned songs for us, and did a beautiful job at the wedding. They were on time, professional, and clearly very talented musicians. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Hi Maria! Thank you so much for the kind words. Your ceremony was so special! I absolutely love your parent’s home. I hope married life is treating you well!

Megan · Married on 04/14/2018

Awesome ceremony music in the asheville area

What a fantastic group to work with! I highly recommend Megan in the Asheville and North Carolina area! She was so accommodating and listened to all of my requests! Her group was so fantastic they even learned a 70s song for my husband and I to walk down the aisle after our announcement as man and wife! They were the best! So wish we had a videographer to listen to her beautiful performance in full! My guest raves about how wonderful the group sounded!

Belle · Married on 02/25/2018

I have worked with Megan and Carolina Music Planner on many projects ranging from weddings to helping her build her new website! Megan is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet. She is highly communicative, organized and talented at what she does. Her and her musicians show up on time and everyone is always talking about how great they were after the event! I recommend Megan and her team for any event! You won't regret hiring her.

Teri · Married on 02/14/2018

Super friendly and accommodating, music was perfect, hassle free. Easy to hire, on time very professional. Highly recommend!

Sent on 03/16/2018

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Thank you so much, Teri! Your ceremony was beautiful- what a way to remember Valentine’s Day! I wish you both nothing but the best, and a lifetime of happiness. Cheers!

Ashley · Married on 12/09/2017

Megan was amazing! She played the cello for our indoor ceremony and cocktail hour. It was just wonderful. She was easy to work with throughout the whole process, and really helped give us an idea of what would work well in terms of sound within our space. She is knowledgeable, professional, and extremely accommodating. We would highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Thank you so much, Ashley! Your ceremony was so special, and I feel lucky to have been part of it! I wish you both the best, and appreciate your kind words.

Nicole · Married on 11/11/2017

When I heard Megan was available to play for our wedding ceremony I was absolutely ecstatic. I have heard Megan play on numerous occasions and knew it would be perfect. Turns out, I was right. We wanted a guitarist as well and she was able to accomodate. She was easy to work with, reliable, professional and they were able to play all of the songs that I wanted. Thank you so much, Megan!!! It was a dream come true.

Nancy · Married on 11/05/2017

Megan is great! We hired her to play at our daughter’s destination wedding and we really chose well. Megan was very responsive to emails, able offer music selections and play requests, and didn’t bat an eye when we asked her to play outdoors in November. All of this and she plays beautifully! I really cannot recommend her enough.

Laurie · Married on 05/06/2017

Megan was such a delight to work with throughout the whole process! From our first messaging back and forth to an early phone call, Megan was completely professional, accommodating and just extra friendly! Megan and Claire played the cello and violin for our wedding ceremony and it was absolutely beautiful- they even played for the hymns during our ceremony. I am so grateful for how much Megan added to our special day!

Sent on 05/28/2017

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Laurie, Thank you so much for your kind words. The ceremony was so beautiful, and I feel blessed to have been a part of it. I wish you both the best! Have a great summer.

Katie · Married on 12/17/2016

Megan and Tate were fabulous during the entire process, from first contact to the day of. My husband and I requested a cello + guitar duet for our wedding ceremony, and Megan was most accommodating and sent us samples of their music to help us decide what we wanted. Their performance set a lovely tone for our big day, and we certainly recommend Megan if you are looking for a cellist who is professional, helpful, (and not too pricey!) and can help you make your wedding day exactly what you hoped for!

Sent on 04/26/2017

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

This is so sweet! Your wedding was beautiful, and I'm proud to have been a part of it. You were an exquisite bride, and easy to work alongside from start to finish. Best wishes to you both- hope newlywed life is treating you well!

Megan was absolutely amazing and essential to helping us create our perfect wedding ceremony! We are a somewhat quirky couple and had a few music requests that were out of the ordinary, but Megan had no hesitation in supporting our ideas and finding the music we were looking for. She played everything exceptionally well and created the atmosphere we were aiming for! I could not have asked for more!

Sent on 05/24/2016

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Thank you so much! The wedding was perfect, and I was proud to be a part of it! Best of luck to you!

Jeff · Married on 10/22/2016

We hired Megan to play for our ceremony/cocktail hour and she was nothing less than AMAZING. She was incredibly responsive to e-mails and phone calls (which was really important to us during the stressful wedding planning process) and was happy to accommodate all of our song requests (some of which were very unique/not well known) without hesitation. I had MULTIPLE guests commenting about how perfect the music was. She has played for countless weddings and is very experienced and professional - this was clearly reflected in her arriving and setting up promptly at the venue and being able to perfectly time the music to line up with the recessional/precessional/etc. BOOK THIS VENDOR FOR YOUR WEDDING YOU WON'T REGRET IT! :)

Sent on 11/17/2016

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! I was honored to be a part of your special day, and I'm so glad I could take off some of the stress through the planning process! Always my goal to make the music as perfect/seamless as possible! Congrats again to you both, and best wishes for a lifetime of happiness.

Amy · Married on 10/15/2016

Megan is the absolute best! I cannot say enough about how happy we are with the way all of the music turned out. My husband and I wanted to use some relatively non traditional ceremony music and she was a dream to work with. Megan arranged 5 songs for my ceremony and they were perfect. I received so many compliments on our music and I owe it all to her. On top of it all, she is so sweet and personable. I enjoyed working with her from start to finish.

Sent on 10/16/2016

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, and congrats again! You guys made it easy. I wish you a lifetime of happiness together, and hope our paths cross again.

Kayleigh · Married on 10/08/2016

Megan was super helpful during wedding planning and really made me feel like I had someone there for me as I was planning my Asheville wedding from Denver. She really made me feel at ease and was very responsive over email and phone. We decided on a string duo for the ceremony and cocktail hour and it was perfect! She knew exactly how to time everything and was lovely to work with! Highly recommended!!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

I appreciate your kind words so much! Your wedding was absolutely stunning! Overlooking Biltmore Village, panoramic mountain views, and one of the kindest couples I've ever met. I hope our paths cross again, and wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

Erin · Married on 09/23/2016

We hired Megan (and she found us an amazing violinist to accompany) to play cello at our wedding at Symmes Chapel in September 2016. I can't say enough wonderful things about her! Megan was always responsive to emails very quickly and made sure to play a few of my favorite pieces of music before the wedding. We received so many compliments on her beautiful music and her talent made our wedding day all we had hoped it would be. She arrived early on the day of and was so gracious to accommodate when we forgot to bring a fold out chair for her sit on! (still so sorry about that!) If you are looking for beautiful music for any special occasion, I will sing Megan's praises forever. She is THE BEST!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Carolina Music Planner's reply:

Thank you so much! Honestly I wasn't even concerned with the chair, as long as I've got somewhere to perch. Haha! Your wedding was so beautiful- simple, genuine, and at one of the prettiest venues I've ever seen. I thank you for your kind words, and wish you a lifetime of happiness. YOU guys are the best!

Karen · Married on 06/24/2016

We highly recommend Megan, very professional and accommodating! Everyone enjoyed her music and her personality! She was a lovely compliment for my daughters wedding ceremony!!

Judy · Married on 06/20/2015

Megan provided lovely music before the wedding, during the wedding, and also for the cocktail time before the reception. She was able to prepare for a special rendition of the song chosen for the reception also. We were totally happy with her performance ! Her pricing was reasonable also !