Carolina Limousine Reviews

11 | Myrtle Beach, SC

11 Reviews for Carolina Limousine

• Kayla

Kayla Kopczynski · Married on 04/27/2019

Trolley is a must for a southern wedding!!

We had the trolley and a classic limosine for our wedding at Brookgreen Gardens. The white trolley transported the girls and the limo transported the guys. Honestly, it was one of my favorite parts of the day -- and it truly was my bridesmaids' favorite part. We were able to play music on the way there, singing wedding songs and it really got the party going. Great drivers, great service, highly recommend!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Nate · Married on 09/30/2017

A fantastic company.

We reserved 4 large busses for an evening to transport around 180 people. The busses arrived early, the drivers introduced themselves to me while ensuring everything would go as planned for the evening. The night went fantastic.

During the evening, some damage occurred to one of the busses. Joe, the owner, went out of his way to shop around for quotes and to ensure that the damage would be corrected at a minimal cost to us. Joe's customer service impressed me even more than the impeccable shuttle service. I highly recommend this company.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Laurel · Married on 05/06/2016

I was extremely impressed with Carolina Limousine, its owner Joe as well as our wonderful driver Andy. From the start of my conversation with Joe to the moment we were dropped off for our ceremony, the service was outstanding. Our driver was extremely polite, helpful and very timely. Joe worked with us to get the vehicle we desired, the beautiful new trolley, which was a dream to have not only for transport but photographing as well : ) I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for outstanding service and transportation with a smile!

Sent on 05/20/2016

Great service, very easy to work with! We hired Carolina Limousine to transport our wedding party from the church to reception venue on our wedding day. The party bus was awesome, arrived on time, and we were able to play our own music on the iPod which was perfect because we had a few songs we really wanted to hear to get the party started. Huge THANK YOU to our driver, Dan, who was very polite and extra helpful in getting me get in and out of the party bus with my wedding dress on! He made sure my dress didn't get dirty and that I didn't slip and fall so kudos to Dan for that! Go with Carolina Limousine and you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/11/2013

They did a great job getting everyone to the church and on time! The manager was a little worried with the time restraints and having two pick up locations and three drop offs, but even with a mix up with the first pick-up to get the groomsmen to the church, the driver did everything within the time period and got me to the church right when I needed to be there!

Sent on 07/04/2013

Alexis · Married on 11/03/2012

The driver showed up early, was a complete professional and even let our flower girls play around in the limo before leaving. After we left the church there was a six pack of cold beer waiting in the back for us (our request - they normally offer champagne) and he was just as nice as he could be. The limo itself was spotless and very up-to-date. Awesome rates too.

Sent on 11/13/2012

Myriam · Married on 05/21/2011

Joe at Carolina Limousine was great. He was honest with his prices and size of vehicles. We were very happy that he suggested the Party Bus, while others had said their vehicles could have fit our party of 20 (no way they could have). We also used Carolina Limousine for transportation to the Rehearsal dinner. The company Joe uses was very professional, fun, and helpful with logistics. We would recommend Carolina Limousine to any other couple who is getting married.

Sent on 07/05/2011

Tameka · Married on 03/13/2010

We were so excited on our wedding day and even more excited to see our driver Lee pull up in the wonderful tuxedo limo provided by Carolina Limousine. We booked them last minute and they were more than willing to help us on our special day.

Sent on 04/25/2010

Sara · Married on 09/10/2011

With the planning process and everything Joe was great. The only problem I had with the driver. We were about 45 minutes late the whole day and I knew we were going to be over the time we schedualed for, I felt it was very inprofessional the the driver opened the door for us to get out that he told me we had to pay more for the over time. I feel that as the bride and groom ( and not even the ones paying the bill) we did not need to be burdened with that. The driver knew my parents, since the road to the ceremony with me and he could have told them, since they were right there. Other then that it was a limo ride.

Sent on 09/14/2011

Carolina Limousine's reply:

In response to this review. I am in total agreement that if the chauffeur told the bride and groom as they were exiting the limousine to the reception about overtime charges then he lacked candor. We welcome criticism as this only way I know of to get better at what we do. The chauffeur will be trained on how to handle this situation better in the future. One thing I would like to clarify is that Carolina Limousine was ON TIME. We were scheduled at 1:30pm for departure and were on site at 1:15pm. Unfortunatley the wedding party did not get into the limousine until 2:15pm thus the Wedding was late by about 45 minutes which would be the reason that there might be overtime charges. This is a common problem as Weddings go, sometimes they are late and in most cases it is not the bride or grooms fault. In this case the minimum reservation was purchased. I would always recommend having more than less time as the limousine may have another reservation. With my background being a chauffeur before being an owner; the most awkward task a chauffeur can have is discussing time or money with the wedding couple or their parents on wedding day. In the end I did not charge this bride the overtime due to her being a wonderful bride and using our sister company Carolina Studios. Though 4.6 is not a bad score we strive for better and will learn from this experience. Give us a call as I will always suggest an appropiate amount of time while taking in account price. The owner. www. carolinalimo.net

3.6
      3.5
      3.0
      2.5

We rented a Carolina Limo for a Bachelorette Party Outing. The vehicle was very nice, the driver was on time and polite. We had two complaints. The driver's girlfriend joined him at a bar and followed (in a separate car) to the last few venues. When the driver was contacted to pick up our group at the last stop it took 3 messages and 10 minutes to reach him.

Sent on 06/27/2013

Carolina Limousine's reply:

This is an unfortunate incident. We don't condone a chauffeur allowing friends or spouse's to participate in the reservation. The client has been communicated with and asked for a refund of the chauffeur's gratuity. I offered a refund if they would put in writing for our records and the client did not respond. We are very sorry for this experience as this is not how we operate our business. Though we have minimal turnover this incident has caused us to relieve him of his duties with our company. While this may sound "harsh", we hold our chauffeurs to the highest accountability and expect the utmost professionalism. Not having your friend or spouse involved in a reservation is Limo 101. My team of chauffeurs has been further trained on this matter. Though we realize we are not perfect we will still strive to continue better the experience of our guests. Once more we have apologized to our client and will learn from this experience.

Vanessa · Married on 05/17/2014

1.6
      0.0
      0.5
      3.0
      0.0

My experience with Carolina Limo started off great and I was looking forward to having a great wedding day. Although everything else went off without a hitch, I was very disappointed in how the transportation piece played out. Although I had confirmed with the owner Joe the day before all of the details, once the drivers arrived they did not introduce themselves to me, nor did they seem to have any idea what was going on as far as travel plans. Once in the car on the way to getting married, my driver informed me that he had to be somewhere else an hour after our booking and that the quicker we could be done the better. During our photo session after our ceremony, this driver kept reminding my photographer that we had to leave, and made our entire party feel very rushed. I didn't even get a photo with my in-laws. Our photographer felt so bad he came back later in the week at no extra charge to capture the pictures we didn't receive the day of.

Joe the owner called a few days later to check in on our service. I explained to him my disappointment with how the driver discussed with me his other job while on my way to walk down the aisle. When I asked if there was anything we could do to rectify the situation due to my dissatisfaction, Joe was not willing to take care of anything. He also argued with me and gave me excuses as to why the driver would act this way.

Joe finally offered to take some money off of our final payment, which he said he would do "as a courtesy". Needless to say, it has been 2 weeks and we have not seen any type of reimbursement that was offered to us. (which was only $150 off of a $1,500 service which was paid for in full before our wedding day)

Sent on 05/30/2014

Carolina Limousine's reply:

Unfortunately this bride will not communicate with our company as we have made several attempts to contact this bride. As shown in the previous reviews we will always attempt to make our clients happy and satisfied, though this brides portrayal of the days events differ from what both seasoned chauffeurs experienced. On May 17th, we arrived 15 minutes early at 3:15 pm as the reservation was 3:30pm to 6:30pm. With all previous communication the bride was to be made the primary contact. Upon arrival our chauffeurs called the bride several times to make contact without success (expected since she would be getting ready). The chauffeur then asked a family member to let the wedding party know that they were onsite. Basically at all times we were in front of the beach house where the wedding party and guests were staying. During our process it is the responsibility of the chauffeur to go over address, times and duration of service in the beginning of the reservation. This can be awkward with a bride though is necessary to guarantee communication. Also The bridal party was running late and stress might have been higher than normal thereby I can understand the miscommunication. In regards to feeling "rushed" I feel this is unpreventable as we finished 15 minutes after our scheduled time without charge. Unfortunately we believe our company was made to be the "scapegoat" because the photographer ran out of time. Also this is the first wedding we have completed with a wedding planner in which there was no communication, in fact had we know that Vanessa had a coordinator we have suggested that person to be primary contact. This review is very disappointed as we have made every attempt to make Vanessa happy. In fact, initially she had made a larger reservation and was allowed to reduce her reservation without a deposit penalty which is not our normal policy. In the end we believe we fulfilled our contract and did not believe a refund of any percentage was due.