Carol Hannah Reviews

204 | New York, NY

204 Reviews for Carol Hannah

• Natalie

Natalie Busby · Married on 06/01/2019

Absolutely loved my experience with Carol Hannah!

Everyone at Carol Hannah was great to work with. They helped me figure out how to custom design a dress by putting the top of one and the bottom of another together to best fit my body type, style preferences and the venue. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Katherine · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing Dresses and and Awesome Team!

I had an AMAZING experience with Carol Hannah. The quality of the dresses is A+++. Everything I tried on after could not compare.

The team at Carol Hannah has to be one of the best in the industry. Every person we interacted with was so kind and so knowledgeable!

Nhi was our point of contact at most of our appointments and she is so sweet and made me feel confident about the decisions I was making.

Dara did all of my fittings, which can be a very intimidating process, and she made me feel so calm and was so fun to be around!

Carol Hannah may be on the higher end budget wise, but it is SO WORTH IT! Couldn't recommend more!

Sent on 09/21/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Morgan · Married on 04/26/2019

Excellent From Beginning to End

Shopping for a dress was the most daunting task on my wedding to-do list. I felt like every dress was the same thing with lots of lace and gaudy beading I was not interested in wearing. Finding Carol Hannah was a breath of fresh air! The elegant and classic design options that were both timeless and unique had me sold. But then the entire staff really sealed the deal. Everyone, whether in person, via email, or on the phone, was so polite and professional. Not only did they do their jobs well, they all seemed genuinely excited to celebrate such a special time with me! Together we worked to find the perfect dress and make sure it fit me just right. I was excited to go to fittings and really enjoyed the one on one attention. If I had to do it all over again, I would absolutely go to Carol Hannah!

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Bove · Married on 04/18/2019

Wonderful customer experience

From my first fitting to my final pickup, Carol Hannah’s team treated me like an individual with my own style and aspirations for the day rather than a sale or a size or a body to fit. I really enjoyed each of our interactions and felt like they catered their recommendations and design tweaks to me and my best self (comfort) on my wedding day. We ended up needing multiple fittings to fine tune the fit of my gown (two pieces = more to adjust) but they effectively managed me through that process and kept my stress levels low. I highly recommend their craftmanship and their alteration services, and couldn’t be happier with the outcome.

Sent on 05/02/2019
  • Cristina

Cristina · Married on 03/09/2019

My dream dress with an experience to match!

I knew Carol Hannah would design my wedding dress before I even knew I was getting married. When I found a picture online of the Kensignton Skirt, I just knew one day that would be my wedding dress. So when the day finally came, I made my appointment and not only was it the only dress I tried on, but the sample fit me like a glove! I knew it was a sign and I said yes to the dress that day. Fast forward to a few months later and at my second to last fitting, i had the honor of having Carol Hannah herself fit me for my dress. It was the cherry on top of getting my perfect dress. I still receive countless compliments on my dress and it'll always be one of the best parts of my dream wedding day.

Sent on 08/09/2019

Kate L · Married on 02/02/2019

My perfect dress

Everything about this experience was lovely. And the dress was a definite wow on the big day. Thanks to all the Carol Hannah team!

Sent on 04/14/2019
  • Erica

Erica Correll · Married on 12/11/2018

Don't deny yourself. This is where you want to go. Do it.

I couldn’t have wished for a better experience. The space is charmingly quaint and shopping the showroom privately felt indulgent. And the team at CH is amazing! The level of communication, impeccable. Every call or email received a prompt response. I didn’t feel pressured or rushed to decide on a gown. Dara and Nhi provided valuable input for hem length and dress modifications. If I lived in NYC these are the people I’d want to spend my time with.

I love the edgy designs so much I found four I didn’t want to part with. Really - one fabulous gown for my wedding day and three LWDs all tailored to fit my short stature. The LWDs were perfect - I wore one at rehearsal, one on our chartered boat, and a bonus dress! Could a girl ask for more?

Dress shopping doesn’t get better than this. I am delighted to be a CH bride.

Sent on 01/17/2020

Samantha D'acunto · Married on 10/06/2018

Stress free experience!

The team at Carol Hannah ( Dara & Nhi) created a comfortable and personal experience for me. They were attentive, friendly and accommodating. It's rare to find a stress free, body positive and welcoming environment in the bridal industry but the team at Carol Hannah hits the mark! Going for fittings felt like visiting friends. Overall, a wonderful experience that I recommend to everyone.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Courtney · Married on 10/06/2018

Nothing Like It

Four cities. Ten dress shops. And what felt like 100 different dresses. OH, and I have stood up in 33 weddings to date in my life at this point.

When I got to Carol Hannah the fun had just begun. From the moment I walked in, I knew it would be it. I was greeted with a huge smile and hello. Nicole was patient, friendly, and upfront. I gave her a budget and she was stern to not allow my eyes to wander. The options were endless for me there. I remember saying I could have walked out of here with six different dresses. I wanted something completely different and CH delivered. There is nothing cookie cutter about Carol Hannah's designs.

Picking out the dress was just the start. The alteration process was seamless and convenient. And CUSTOM. This dress was built to my body layer by layer. And with each appointment, I could make the changes that fit my vision.

Styling. They helped with every accessory. CH designed my headpiece which was two pieces. And it was incredible. We paired it with earrings, shoes, bracelet, no bracelet, you name it we did it.

Through all of this, everyone at CH had a smile on their face and shared in the excitement with me. They totally got my vision and brought it to the next level.

My dress, veil, headpiece, and hair accessory blew everyone away. I couldn't have been happier with my experience at Carol Hannah.

I hope that my experiences with CH haven't come to an end...well I hope I don't need another wedding dress :) I can't wait to have a reason to go back!

Thank you to Nhi and the entire team for contributing to what was an awesome day for me, my husband, family & friends.

Cheers!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Katy Rose · Married on 09/22/2018

Incredible experience for an even better dress

I visited far more wedding boutiques than I should have, but when I first learned about and visited Carol Hannah, I knew I had found the right place for me. The ladies on this team made the entire experience of finding, designing, customizing, and fitting my dress an absolute pleasure. They provided amazing feedback and helped me articulate and eventually create my perfect wedding dress.

Nhi was so helpful and sweet throughout the entire sales process, and Dara helped give me the confidence to make some last minute changes to my skirt that made my look complete. The quality and craftsmanship of my dress was unlike anything I saw at any other wedding dress boutique. They make everything specifically for you, and make you feel as special as the dress while they are creating it. And they have amazing senses of humor (or could at least laugh with me when I was overwhelmed)!

I can't recommend Carol Hannah Bridal enough to any bride looking for a beautifully made dress created by a wonderful and helpful team here in NYC.

Sent on 12/12/2018

Sandra · Married on 09/22/2018

Incredibly beautiful dresses, wonderful service

I tried a few different shops and spent a lot of time looking online before I found Carol Hannah. Once I saw the collections online I knew this was the designer for my wedding dress. Making an appointment and seeing the dresses in person was incredible. The design and quality is fantastic. The designs have a point of view, they tell a story and are not the same generic silhouettes you see at most bridal boutiques. The styles are fashion forward, elegant, classic with a modern twist, but also romantic and feminine. It definitely wasn't the cheapest option, but I could not have found a more flattering and gorgeous gown. I felt comfortable in it and not like I was wearing a costume (which is how I felt about all the other dresses I had tried on). On the big day my guests were raving about the dress and I felt so special wearing it. The experience of having the dress fitted and made to measure was also thrilling. The staff are all wonderful and attentive and not pushy. I was also able to email with questions throughout the process and request a sample of my fabric, etc. They were very responsive and always friendly and sweet.

Sent on 01/23/2019
  • Celina

Celina Kelly · Married on 09/15/2018

Exceptional Service, Perfect Twirly Dress

These dresses are all so beautifully crafted and wonderful that it was hard to pick just one.

My initial appointment with Nicole was lovely. She made me feel so comfortable from the moment I walked in the door to the day I signed the contract. She was approachable, affable and kind. The experience felt non-judgmental and I found her to be genuine, listening to me and then [patiently giving me some options.

After I asked for some custom options on the Bryant dress, Nicole was in constant contact, informing me of pricing changes and design options, finally agreeing to ship me a swatch of the fabric when it's cut!

When it came time for my two fittings, Nhi was sweet and let me get excited about my dream dress without making me feel self-conscious or silly. In fact, at every stage of this process with Carol Hannah, I felt so taken care of. And indeed I was! Throughout my wedding, I received countless compliments that the dress seemed like a part of me. I felt like it moved gracefully, complimented my body and was effortlessly comfortable and beautiful.

This dress experience was by far the best one I had and it was part of the reason I picked Carol Hannah at the end.

Sent on 10/27/2018

Karen · Married on 09/08/2018

We are from Canada so we were overjoyed when the Kennsington skirt was delivered and the measurements were perfect. My daughter looked beautiful and will make a gorgeous bride. If anyone is on the fence about making such a huge decision online jump off. Carol Hannah provides beautiful and high quality product

Sent on 04/30/2018
  • Matina

Matina Balou · Married on 09/01/2018

Exceptional service, perfect dress!

Working with Carol Hannah team was a dream! The whole process was seamless and made me feel very comfortable. I knew from the moment I saw the Coralia dress online that this dress would be my dress for the wedding! All I had to worry about was to make sure that the actual appointment was not draining and stressful. When I met the team (Nicole, Dara, Kira, Nhi), all my worries subsided. The team was there to help me with the shoes and accessories decision and they were very accommodating. I felt so beautiful on my wedding day and I cant thank enough Carol Hannah! I could not ask for anything more!

Sent on 11/11/2018
  • Morgan

Morgan Mohally · Married on 08/20/2018

The absolute best!

I can not recommend Carol Hannah enough. The most wonderful experience!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Rachel · Married on 08/18/2018

If I could give this place 100 stars I would. I went here with some friends and family to try on one of the dresses from their collection that I have been eyeing forever. We had a group of 8 and half of them showed up before me. Nicole greeted them and chatted with them while they were waiting for me to arrive. Once I showed up she was so incredible. She asked me a series of questions to get to know me. She wanted to meet everyone in my party. She even pulled me aside to ask about budgets without everyone hearing. It was already an incredible experience but it just kept getting better.

She took me into the changing area to try on my dream dress. It was more beautiful in person then I could have ever imagine. I instantly fell in love. It was a two piece so we had some wiggle room with the top. I showed everyone and everyone fell in love. It wasn't my favorite too so we kept trying on more. She was so wonderful the entire time. At one point during my visit- there was one person in my party who I could tell didn't love the dress. I value everyone's opinions and got a little upset. I ended up crying in the dressing room and she was amazing the whole time. She tried to find things this person liked about other dresses to see if she could add it to mine. We ended up adding a belt to the dress. She suggested a deeper sweetheart neckline which I wanted. She put on sleeves and everyone fell in love with it. I was so impressed with how she quickly reacted to every situation. She allowed me time to walk in the dress. Made sure I didn't want any other changes added to it. I ended up with the perfect dress that was customized to my style.

I cannot thank Nicole enough. She absolutely made that experience one of a kind. I very highly recommend this place and hope you get Nicole because she was incredible. I can't wait to get my dress!

Sent on 08/27/2017

Rebekah · Married on 08/11/2018

There are no words to describe how perfect my experience was with Carol Hannah Bridal! The very first bridal shop I went into was their Flagship store in NYC. I still had about 18 months until my wedding, but after spotting their dresses online I just had to go try on dresses there immediately. My consultant was warm, informative, and made me feel like a star.

Because I am the type of bride that transforms herself into 'every types of brides' (aka princess bride, retro bride, bohemian bride, chic bride, etc) , and bc I wasn't sure what style I really wanted for my dress, I kept bopping around to different shops to see what they had in stock.

At the very end nothing compared to the 1-on-1 service provided by the consultants at Carol Hannah. I finally came back and tried on the Ilia dress, fell madly in love with it's simplicity, chose it and the rest is history!!

Thank you thank you thank you Carol Hannah for creating my dream dress! It was everything I hoped for, and more.

With love,
    Rebekah

Sent on 10/05/2018

Melissa · Married on 08/11/2018

Had a wonderful experience buying my gown at Carol Hannah. The showroom is intimate and beautiful. Nhi was awesome to work with and Dara was my alterations specialist. My dress, Ilia, was beautiful. Dara worked meticulously to ensure it fit perfectly for the big day. Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/09/2018

Andrea · Married on 08/11/2018

Excellent experience, beautiful dress, incredible skill and quality

I loved my dress from Carol Hannah and had a very positive experience working with everyone involved. They were very attentive to detail, were always very welcoming, and made the experience both stress-free and comfortable. Dress shopping was something I was very nervous about since I'm not one to dress up frequently and like to be comfortable, but wanted to wear something beautiful and that felt like me. I couldn't have asked for a better dress and am very thankful to Carol Hannah herself, who is very kind and honest, and to her staff who always made me feel less awkward and out of place while I was there. Thanks for a great experience!

Sent on 02/02/2019

Kaitlyn S · Married on 07/28/2018

One of a kind experience!

From the moment I stepped into the studio for the first time, I felt like I was in good hands. The team at Carol Hannah treated me as though I was the only client - paying close attention and supporting me through making all the decisions. I loved my dress, well made and comfortable. It was all so perfect! Wish I could give more than 5 stars

Sent on 10/18/2018

Giancarla M. Eichleay · Married on 07/14/2018

Stunning Workmanship and Genuine Care

Thank you so much! Everyone at Carol Hannah was refreshing to work with and genuinely cared about how I felt in my dress for the big day! When I first came in for a dress consultation I knew I was in a place that payed attention to detail, quality, elegance and texture! The staff was my advocate throughout the process and held my hand many times when I needed help along the way. They always made sure I could take my time and try the dress on as many times as needed before the final stamp of approval. I would recommend their services to anyone who wants a unique, stunning, made to fit, elegant dress coupled with the sweetest and most supportive staff. My sister just got engaged and she is even eyeing up my dress now too! Whatever your vision is, they can do it, and they can do it brilliantly.
    Thank you for making my day so special! The words I used to describe how I wanted to look were "unencumbered elegance" and that is exactly how I felt!

Sent on 12/01/2018

Lauren Sandtorv · Married on 07/09/2018

Amazing Designs and Service

My experience at Carol Hannah could have not been better. I customized my dress and they worked with me creatively and professionally the whole way. It was a wonderful experience!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Katerina · Married on 06/02/2018

Everything went smoothly with carol Hannah. I ended up with a wedding dress from another shop but they were so warm and professional. I came back a few months later and found the perfect dress for my reception and another fabulous welcome event dress. They have a beautiful selection of non traditional dresses. Their tailors are excellent and every time I had a question I had a response within hours. I would highly recommend them to anyone who needs a formal dress for any event and especially for wedding dresses.

Sent on 09/02/2018

Brittany · Married on 05/26/2018

From the first initial phone call to receiving my dream dress...perfect!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 05/19/2018

First and foremost, my dress, which was a custom combination (essentially one style in a different fabric than usual) was unbelievable. I loved it so, so much.

The entire experience, from my first appointment to look at dresses, through to the last fitting, was pleasant and low-stress - which is saying a lot for me, because I was apprehensive about the whole dress-buying process. The wonderful women of Carol Hannah made me feel beautiful despite all of my body- and appearance-related anxieties. They are completely body-positive, non-judgmental, kind, relaxed, and helpful. I kind of hope that I need another fancy dress soon so that I can go back there.

(Note that even though my dress was on the pricey end, this was because of a few factors, including that it was semi-custom and that a special fabric was used. Carol Hannah offers a pretty wide variety of price points - and for the quality of my dress, the price was much lower than I would have expected to find anywhere else!)

Sent on 06/13/2018