Carnival Cruise Lines Reviews

1 User photo

• Audrey
    Audrey Married on 07/13/2019

Bachelor Party Cruise

We would highly recommend a bachelor/bachelorette party cruise through Carnival!!! We worked with Alfredo to plan it all and he took great care of us and made sure all 25 of our guests were linked and made sure our check in was seamless. We had such a blast! Thank you Alfredo!!!!
  • Nichole
    Nichole Married on 05/18/2019

fun at sea !!!!

We will be going to the Bahamas and we are so excited we talked with the agent they are super helpful and easy to work with.
  • User2938208 2+ years ago
    Remarkable experience from planning to culmination. Highly recommend
    Rachel Married on 01/02/2016
    We chose the Carnival ship, Fantasy for our wedding & reception. We got married while it was in port at Charleston, SC. Everyone I dealt with from Carnival was very professional & wanted to make my wedding date perfect. Everyone that attended was so glad they did & the ones that chose not to sail with us, wished they had! I would recommend a Carnival wedding to any bride! Otillia was great & went out of her way to help me from the planning process until my day!
  • User2276116 2+ years ago
    Our Carnival cruise wedding was spectacular!! We had 32 people sail with us for the weekend, and 50 non-sailing guests.

Carnival has their own private wedding consulting (Carnival Weddings) and I could call or email any time with questions, and I had no less than three or four people I could talk to about everything. Elizabeth, Andrea, and Jennifer were all extremely helpful. Our Carnival booking agent, Ray Torres, handled all our guest bookings. He emailed me every time someone confirmed a booking with their information and room numbers, etc. He was great about forwarding info to our guests about deals and coupons available, too.

We chose Carnival's "Time to Celebrate...BIG" package, which included: Services of a personal wedding planner (girls from Carnival Weddings), assistance of a wedding coordinator (I literally got THREE coordinators the day of on the ship), a private shipboard location (we got married in the big theatre room where they do the shows), priority check-in (we and our guests boarded the ship three hours before the general public), a ceremony performed by a non-denominational officiant (we brought our own), a bouquet for the bride and a boutonniere for the groom (they actually gave us fresh flowers, but we also brought paper ones), a Champagne toast with keepsake flutes, a tiered wedding cake with keepsake cake topper, recorded wedding music, a decorated bridal aisle and a photographer (actual prints are additional), plus a 90min. reception with an open bar and hot/cold hors d'oeuvres, and an ice carving (it was huge!), plus a bottle of champagne & chocolate-covered strawberries in our stateroom. We added a DJ for $100. This package covered 20 guests and the rest were additional at $30/pp.

Absolutely fantastic, nothing went wrong. Coordinators kept everything on time and on schedule. 10/10 would do again!
    Lauren Married on 07/27/2015
    My husband and I were married aboard the Carnival Splendor on July 27, 2015. I am going to give a run down from start to finish since I have so many good things to say. Our wedding was originally booked with a venue and vendors for Oct 2015 and I got most of my money back since I switched and decided to do something much more cheaper and more stress free. I believe it was the best decision I made. Ok so we got linked up with Jenny from Carnival Weddings. She is probably one of the best wedding planners at carnival and I even wanted to fly her out to my wedding since she assisted with everything. She was awesome. Carnival only allows 50 guests non sailing and unlimited sailing to go to the wedding but I begged and pleaded and I got to have a little over 100 NON SAILING GUEST come aboard the wedding. I even asked if I can have an NYPD Bagpiper come on board and play as I walk down the aisle and they said of course and I had him play as a surprise to my husband. They allowed my 2 bridesmaids, maid of honor, my Mother and MIL, Our grandmothers and my 2 flower girls to come in the room while I got ready since I got a junior suite. while I was getting ready I had two photographers forgot their names right now but they were excellent!!!!! While I was getting ready my guest were able to have food and drinks which I paid for and they gave us extra stuff!!! pastries, cheese and crackers and fruit !! During the ceremony our Officiate was really good. he did a great job. During the reception everything we asked to be played and then some got played. I made sure every song we listed was able to be played. Our DJ was DJ Miguel and he was awesome. The food was great and we had opened bar and we got to pick names for 2 signature drinks ( mine was something blue) my husband went with (Luck o' the ryans )...My flowers and my girls flowers were made by my friend who owns a florist. she made them silk and they were beautiful. I wish I can type more but it wont let me
    Joy Married on 02/06/2015
    We booked a cruise with Carnival and used their wedding services to get married on a beach. We chose Grand Turk for the site.
    We had 22 people take the cruise with us. I have nothing but awesome things to say about this. The paperwork that had to be submitted was the hardest thing, they made everything else easy. We had to pay for certain additional things - upgrades - above what the package costs, we wanted things simple and less expensive so didn't add on too much. We ordered rides for all 22 guests (they fit in 2 vans) and they put us-bride & groom-in a separate vehicle. Never having been to Grand Turk, we were hoping the ceremony was near someplace with a bar so we could do a little celebrating before going back to ship. The site was PERFECT, it was in front of a hotel (Osprey Beach Hotel) and we were able stay a while and celebrate. Some people went swimming after. The wedding coordinators take complete care of you, and I mean take care of you. Our coordinator held onto my bag the entire time. I hadn't thought about what to do with it, she took it and I never had to worry as I was preoccupied. You get to choose if you want white flowers, tropical or bright tropical. I chose bright tropical. You don't even know what your flowers will look like til you're there, and I loved the bouquet. I did not order the bridesmaid bouquets (bride's is included in pkg) because they were $50, I was able to go to Michael's craft store and get them for $7/ea. Our photographer from Carnival was Ryk from South Africa. Again you don't know who you'll get and I have nothing but 5 stars to say about him. Being a second marriage we intended to buy just a few pics. They turned out so well we bought every one of them and the thumb drive. He didn't miss any photo, and he fit 24 people into the pics. We love them. Absolutely nothing went wrong and the wedding people even added on extra things we hadn't ordered. AWESOME!!
    Melissa Married on 05/05/2012
    It was an amazing stress free day. All we had to do was get to the port and Carnival took care of everything else. It was amazing. The pictures were great, our photographers name was Ryk he did an amazing job. The staff was so friendly and all of our guests had a great time. It was a breathtaking experience and we loved it.
    Jackie Married on 07/17/2011
    It was wonderful. I loved it! The people were very helpful, knowledgeable, and flexible. The only thing was I wished the reception could have been longer but understand time restraints on the cruise ship.
    Emily Married on 05/14/2011
    It was so nice to do so much traveling and only unpacking once!
    Mirtha Married on 09/14/2008
    We had our wedding onboard one of Carnival Cruise Lines and held a reception for 40 guest. Everything was perfect it was way under budget we spend a total of $3000 for the ceremony and the food and pictures. Our honeymoon was extra but it was worth it in every bit. The wedding coordinators were wonderful in every bit. They were very easy to work with and I planned the wedding in less than 2 months. The pictures were amazing better than any photo studio I could have found locally. My flowers were beautiful they made them custom from a Martha Stewart flower design I sent them. The food was amazing better that a 4 star resort and better than other weddings I have been to that spend around $100 per person. I had the filet Mignon and it was amzing and the dessert and wedding cake were also wonderful. The reception location were we held our wedding was very beautiful and the other location were we had our sit down lunch was breath taking. All our guest were taken away on how beautiful everything turned out and they are still talking about it and that that was the most amzing wedding they had ever been to. I truly recomend to any bride and groom on a budget to think about using a cruise for their wedding. It was so great one for my family members booked her 2009 wedding already and the other a sweet sixteen reception. Trust me you will be pleased.
    Lezlie Married on 08/11/2008
    Carnival Cruise lines gave me an experience of a lifetime. My husband and I didn't have to worry about anything... Everything was done for us. The staff on the carnival destiny ship was fantastic. I would recommend everyone to get marriend on a cruise... We have memories to last a lifetime.
    Sarah Married on 06/02/2007
    I loved going on carnival crusies. What a blast! This was a great honeymoon. Great value for all of the fun and food you receive. The only complaint, I didn't like some of the shows, too immodest for me.
    Ashlee Married on 02/02/2007
    I am a wedding planner and when it was time for me to get married, I wanted it to be simple. We booked our wedding through Carnival Cruise Lines. It took 1 month to do everything. They sent me the info in the mail...I picked out the flowers, food, cake, music, how I wanted the ceremony to be laid out and what our vowels were...all the details and did this all over the phone, e-mail and regular mail. We took 14 of our family and friends and flew to Miami. We stayed in a hotel the night before the wedding/cruise. The morning of the wedding, the director had a taxi pick myself and the bridesmaids up and take us to the salon (in a local hotel that does hair and make-up for the celebrities) The Salon on the ship doesn't actually oen until after the ship sets sail so they have a contract with a salon in Miami to provide these services for the wedding party. After hair and makeup we went to the ship (The wedding party boards 1st before any other passenger) @ 10am. They took me straight to my cabin for me to get dressed and sent in food for me to eat lunch. They sent a staff member to come get me when it was time for the ceremony. This was at 12:00pm. This was a beautiful ceremony and the reception was as well. The food was great and the buffet was beautiful! The staff was so nice and helpful, they treated us like royality. The photographer was great and followed us around for hours taking hundreds of pictures. The ship set sail to the Bahamas at 4:00pm that day. Because of the laws, you have to get married at a port of call...not in the middle of the water because there is no jurisdiction. For $1400 we got the ceremony (with flowers, officiant, and music) and the reception (heavy hors s'oeuvres, 1 hour open bar, wedding cake, music, champagne) and the photographer. You couldn't get a better deal! The photos were additional and they give you a number of options of packages. I think we ended up paying $1000 for 3 canvases, 100 prints of 5x7 and 8x10s and a CD with all pictures taken by the photographer all of which were retouched. Our guests had a blast and still talk about it. Many regret that they didn't do the same for their wedding. As a wedding planner...I can tell you that this is truely a great deal and a wonderful idea. Additionally, we were able to get a group deal on the actual cruise...I think we paid $250 per person for a 4 day cruise, oceanview cabins. Overall, the flight and the hotel stay the night before and the night after cost more than the entire cruise and wedding combined. I highly reccoomend a cruise wedding!!!
    Nicole Married on 01/09/2007
    I had my hair done on the Carnival Ship the Fascination. The cruise sucked, but they did an awesome job on my hair! I have gotten so many compliments on my hair. I had really short hair but he was stil able to do an updo.
    Brittney Married on 09/19/2015
    My husband and I took a 4 day cruise from Miami to Key West, then from Key West to Cozumel, Mexico for our Honeymoon. It was AMAZING! The cruise was inexpensive for the amount of what was included (stay room, entertainment, food).
    It was a very great experience, our stateroom was always clean, the staff was extremely friendly, and I will definitely be taking another Carnival Cruise in the future!
    Jessica Married on 09/15/2005
    We decided for a small, hassle free wedding and decided to get married on a cruise ship. I HIGHLY advise anyone I know getting married to go this route. They took care of everything, all we had to do was show up. The ceremony was great, the cake was delicious, we could not have asked for anything better.
    Bethany Married on 10/19/2019

Carnival Breeze

The experience with booking, planning and having my wedding with Carnival Cruise Lines was a breeze from start to finish. Brides who do not have a party planning bone in your body: please consider a Carnival wedding! Right from the start, you can view their many options for music, food, cake, and floral customizations. They have pre-set designs for floral arrangements, but if you send them a picture of something you have your heart set on, they will definitely bend over backwards to make it happen. Any questions I had, got a response within a business day. Everyone was friendly and congratulatory. On the day of, getting through port security was a semi-hectic nightmare (as it is any time I travel with any cruise line) but our wedding coordinator met me, calmed me down and walked me through the schedule of how the day would go. She was excellent and very professional, and you could tell it was far from her first time corralling a panicky bride and family members. Every detail was as I had requested, the venue on ship for the ceremony and reception was very neatly decorated, and the food and cake were amazing. All the stars for these folks!
  • Derrick
    Derrick Married on 08/18/2018

Awesome experience!

This was my first cruise and the fact I was getting married on it had me going through it a little bit.

But everything was pretty much perfect. Carnival was amazing and I cant wait to go on my next cruise!
  • Kelly
    Kelly Married on 07/28/2012
    My wedding was AMAZING! Everything turned out so beautiful and it was a lot cheaper then a typical wedding. This is basically a stress free planning of a wedding. The most stressful part was getting the grooms to give me their tux sizes so I could rent the tuxes from Carnival for the week. Make sure you pick out your first dances, but if you don't the DJ provides amazing dances since I forgot what I wanted to dance to with my father. When I got to the port there were 3 people there to help our party out, give out flyers of the ship and tell them were to go and what time, and they wisped me to the front of the line and up to my suite. Start getting ready immediately, even if you are early, because you can have your pictures taken before which is great! The photographers are awsome. I have pictures and can answer any questions. This was the best wedding I have ever been to and I would recommend this for any bride looking for a wonderful wedding and reception.
    Leslie Married on 04/21/2012
    Our cruise planner is fantastic! I call her for all of our cruises. Kathy Brown is amazing. She actually gave me the idea and resort information for what turned out to be our dream wedding. I cannot say enough positive things about her or the cruise. We took 60 of our closest friends and family members along and she helped each of them get signed up under my cruise. She worked with everyone amazingly. Even sent me pictures of others to help with my planning. I would recommend it to anyone!!
  • Steph
    Steph Married on 10/15/2011
    Awesome customer service! We had the cruise of a lifetime!
  • User2630513 2+ years ago
    I planned my wedding over a year before we sailed. We originally planned our cruise for May1st to sail out of Miami. However, the ships changed and the Breeze started sailing out of TX, so we were very upset about that change because I already sent my invites out and I did not want to cruise on the Splendor. Luckily we got the Conquest sailing out of Ft Lauderdale on May8th which was a pretty good size ship and had a wonderful Lido deck. We had 12 non sailing guests and about 10 sailing guests. It was absolutely perfect. My ceremony was in the Gallery and the reception was in Alfreds lounge, the only thing is there was a big fat pole in the middle of the dance floor, but we worked with it. I brought my own CD and there was a DJ to play and allow us to use mic as much as we wanted. I performed a song for my guests and we had some speeches. Make sure you do "Time to Celebebrate BIG" if you do the wedding package inside because an extra 30minutes of dancing is Well worth it for another $100 or so. I highly reccommend Carnival for wedding, wayyyy cheaper than planning your own wedding and renting a hall & it was amazing to have your honeymoon immediately, no flights or traveling - that was the best part. My guests loved every second of it. open bar, good food, delicious cake, we had them put it in fridge and serve it to us and our guests at dinner. I did not use Carnival's photographer because my best friend did our photos which was a great decision in my opinion. Carnival charges a lot, and i am super picky about photos. I paid about 375 for flowers, 2 big bouquets, bridal bouquet was blue orchids with white roses, gorrrrgesous, you can not bring your own fresh flowers on the ship so you need to go through them, which is easy because they set it up for you and everything. Wedding planner was super helpful, answered all my questions I called her many times. We added a guest 1 week before the wedding and she let us add her because she was sailing. It was the best
    Christina Married on 04/16/2016
    I got married on the Carnival Conquest on April 16, 2016, on embarkation day in Fort Lauderdale. We booked the wedding in July 2015 and had absolutely no problems getting the ship or date that we wanted. The day of the wedding, we had a couple of issues with certain guests not being on the guest sheets at Port Everglades even though we had proof of submitting their info - but it was sorted out.

Overall, the ceremony and reception were amazing. Our ceremony took place in The Gallery and our reception was in Alfred’s Bar - both on Deck 4. The wedding coordinators passed out maps to all of our guests and told them exactly where they needed to be. Although the two hours went by incredibly fast, everything was perfect. Our guests were raving about the food, cake and open bar. And I know that everyone (including us) has a great time!

The photography is a bit pricey, but my advice is this: don’t buy your pictures the first time you meet with your photographer. After looking through the pics and seeing the prices, we told him we needed to think about it a bit. When we went back, we sorted our pictures into 3 piles: yes, maybe and no. Once he realized we were only going to take 60 of the 200+ pics he took, he put together different packages at much lower prices. We ended up with $3,000 worth of pictures for $1,500.

Carnival did a great job making our big day so special, and I would highly recommend them.
  • Leetice
    Leetice Married on 06/22/2013
    They have been great while planning our honeymoon. We can't wait to cruise the seas.