Carly Giglio {makeup artist} Reviews

21 | Woodbridge, NJ

21 Reviews for Carly Giglio {makeup artist}

Elizabeth · Married on 01/18/2020

A true professional who will go the extra mile

Carly came as a recommendation from my wedding planner and she did not disappoint.  She is highly communicative, accommodating, and will go the extra mile to give you a look you love.   At our trial she explained every step and stroke she was doing,  took her time to give me the look I absolutely loved, and captured very detailed notes and photos to ensure the look was recreated on the day of the wedding.

The wedding day was even better!  Carly's energy is calming and sitting with her is an oasis on a busy day.  She came prepared for any situation and brought many different shades of lipstick because she remembered that I questioned the color in the trial.  Also, everyone in my wedding party looked beautiful, different, and like the most beautiful version of themselves.  I highly recommend Carly.

Sent on 03/08/2020
  • Brenna

Brenna N. · Married on 12/14/2019

Absolute perfection.

Carly and her team did makeup for me and my whole bridal party (12!) for my wedding in December. I could gush about Carly for days and still not be done. From the start, Carly was kind, professional, and responsive. She answered every question I had through the planning process--and I had many. When she came to my apartment for my trial I knew she would crush it at my wedding. She listened to my preferences and took the time to understand how I wanted to look on my wedding day. I ended up also having her come the night before to do my makeup for my rehearsal dinner, which was perfect. On the day of, she and her team were on time (early, even), organized, and so much fun to be around. I have been in a LOT of weddings, and I have never once been part of a bridal party where every bridesmaid loves their makeup until mine. Not a single one of my 12 bridesmaids had even one complaint--everyone was glowing and looked gorgeous. I also could not have been happier with my wedding day makeup--Carly took her time and executed perfectly. She knew exactly what I wanted and she delivered. My skin has never looked more perfect and I could not have been happier. I also did not have to pay any attention at all to the schedule on the day-of, I was able to just enjoy myself. Carly and her team were on top of timing and the whole day was seamless. When you work with Carly you are working with a true professional. She has a ton of experience, and it shows, and top of it all, she's an awesome person who will have fun with you and your bridal party. You are making a massive mistake if you don't use her for your wedding makeup.

Sent on 03/03/2020
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 11/30/2019

A literal dream come true

Not only was this the easiest decision when it came to wedding planning - but working with Carly was actually a dream come true. From playing pretty pretty princess together when you use to babysit us to spending my wedding morning and your transforming me into a princess. I felt like a million bucks and the morning was so fun with Carly and all of my girls. She is the best of the best xoxo

Sent on 01/29/2020
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 07/20/2019

Carly's amazing makeup services for my wedding

Carly and her team are fantastic! Everyone was so happy with their makeup and they were so efficient. I loved working with Carly and would highly recommend her!

Sent on 03/02/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 01/19/2019

Carly Is The Total Package - Incredible Talent + Personality!

Carly is an incredibly talented makeup artist and an equally wonderful person who made both my rehearsal dinner old Hollywood glamour and my sultry but sophisticated wedding day looks come to life. My wedding planner recommended Carly, wisely noting that your makeup artist is the first person you interact with that day, and you want someone with whom you get along well. Carly and I more than got along! She is a skilled listener, who reviewed my Pinterest page and my first makeup trial look from another artist, and asked me pointed questions about what I did and didn't like, resulting in the perfect wedding trial look. Carly is incredibly responsive and adaptable - when a friend of mine who was getting married had to quickly book a new makeup artist because of unforeseen scheduling conflicts, Carly stepped in immediately. Finally, Carly is a truly wonderful person. When I inevitably started getting nervous about saying the vows I had written on the day of my wedding, Carly was right there to distract me when I needed to be distracted and tell me to breathe when I needed to calm down. Ultimately, you want to hire a makeup artist who is not only talented, but who thoughtfully listens to you and brings a wonderful, calm vibe to an otherwise incredibly stressful and crazy day. Carly is that person - the total package!

Sent on 01/31/2019

Tori O. · Married on 12/22/2018

Best Bridal Make Up Any Bride Could Ask For!!

Carly was amazing to work with for my wedding!! She made all of my Bridal party and myself feel like movie stars! She is so talented! I would recommend any Bride to hire her for the big day! It will be the best decision you made!

Sent on 01/29/2019

Casey G. · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing experience - professional service with amazing results.

I loved working with Carly! Not only is she one of the most skilled makeup artists I have ever worked with, she was both incredibly professional and friendly. Carly did my makeup for both the rehearsal dinner/welcome party and the wedding. On Friday Carly was incredibly flexible with the scheduling: she came to my apartment and was able to do my makeup in a very tight time frame. The look perfectly complemented the vibe I was going for that night. On Saturday, Carly and her team were at the venue before I arrived, and were able to do the makeup for 10 people with extra time to spare. She made every girl feel special and made sure they were happy with the results (and made changes and did touch ups accordingly). Couldn't rave more about how incredible of an experience I had with Carly. I will definitely work with her again for future events, and recommend her 100%.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Samantha L. · Married on 08/24/2018

Best makeup artist ever!!

Carly is hands down the best makeup artist I’ve ever worked with! She understood exactly what I was going for and had amazing ideas for keeping my makeup, simple but still breathtaking! Carly made everyone in my bridal party look and feel beautiful and the day would not have been the same without her!!!!

Sent on 01/20/2020

Emily · Married on 07/21/2018

Book Carly for your wedding!!! My ladies and looked beautiful for the wedding. She is incredible at supporting through the process and adjusting to feedback/changes! Also, she is a TON of fun! Great person to have on your special day :).

Sent on 08/16/2018

Molly · Married on 06/09/2018

The best!!

Carly was amazing! So talented and lovely to work with. Great personality to have on your big day. She made everyone feel calm, comfortable and in the best hands.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Julia · Married on 05/26/2018

Carly was literally the BEST!!! I was so stressed that morning and she made me feel relax, comfortable, and beautiful! It was such a pleasure working with her. We had gone to 3 makeup artists before finding Carly, and she was able to make my vision and reality when no one else could!

Sent on 06/16/2018

Catherine · Married on 09/30/2017

Carly is the best. She came highly recommended to me by Molly Guy from Stone Fox Bride and surpassed expectations. I almost never like getting my makeup done, but Carly just “got” what I like and made it happen. She also has the most amazing energy; she was so much fun and my friends and I all loved having her there while we got ready. I couldn’t recommend her more highly!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Katie · Married on 07/01/2017

Carly was so incredible doing our make-up! From the second she came to the hotel until she left, she fit right in with the group. She is an artist in what she does and made myself, my mom, and the entire bridal party look so stunning. She listened to what people wanted and executed just that. I couldn't have imagined anyone else helping us get ready on that day. I would highly recommend Carly for your special day and will definitely use her again!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Rebekah · Married on 06/24/2017

Carly was absolutely amazing. I had no idea what I wanted and at my trial she figured out what would look best for me. Day of the wedding she recreated it perfectly and it was just how I wanted to look. She is so sweet and a pleasure to be around. I would recommend her to anyone who asked.

Sent on 06/29/2018

Heather · Married on 03/31/2017

Carly made my girls and I look amazing on my wedding day! My day wouldn’t have been complete without her!

Sent on 05/26/2018

Heather · Married on 03/31/2017

Carly was so amazing! She did all of my girls, myself and my mother! The makeup she did was amazing! After the trial I decided to change some things up and she had no issues at all! We all looked amazing!

Sent on 05/26/2018

Jennifer · Married on 01/14/2017

Carly was incredible! The girls in my wedding party are each incredibly particular and every single one of them looked STUNNING. We can't stop gushing about how well Carly did our makeup. It was fresh and glowy, and she has a ton of amazing products that she works with. She's also just a really great calming presence to have in the room. She gave each of us special eye masks to wear while we were getting our hair done and then we would just relax in her chair as she worked her magic.

We had a trial beforehand to choose which "look" would be best for the wedding and it was great to get to know her a bit before the big day. Hands down, greatest make-up decision I could have possibly made.

Sent on 01/17/2017

Dayna · Married on 01/13/2017

Carly is AMAZING! Besides being talented and responsive, she's extremely personable and fun! I've had the pleasure of working with her for two special events in my life, bridal shower and recently my baby shower. On both occasions she made me feel beautiful and flawless on these very special days. She made sure she understood what I was looking for and helped me achieve the looks I was going for while still using her expertise to help me look my best. Another great thing about Carly is unlike a lot of makeup artists, you don't need a group of people to hire her. On both occasions it was just myself. So awesome! I will continue to hire her for any future events.

Sent on 06/05/2018
  • Cheryl

Cheryl · Married on 09/21/2013

Carly was amazing and a true artist. I had my trial in the winter and she did a great job, was fun, made me laugh and relax. When I started freaking out as it got closer to the wedding and mentioned my concerns about make up coming off when I cried or danced, she assured me that the make up was not going anywhere.
    She showed up early and got everything set up before the first girl came for make up. She ended up doing a total of 5 bridesmaids complete makeup, one just eyelashes, my mother, and myself. She was animated the whole time. She made sure that the photographers got certain shots of the whole process and kept reminding me to smile and relax! It was like having a sister do my make up. When I saw how everyone looked afterwards including myself, I was so amazed. I looked like myself but enhanced. I did not look "made up" or caked. She enhanced my eyes and helped get the red out of my face. She would be glad to know that my make up did indeed last until the next day even with all the tears and dancing! Thanks Carly.

Sent on 10/13/2013

We LOVED Carly! For my wedding she did make-up for 9 girls, including the mother of the bride, and was very efficient and fun to work with! I'd definitely recommend her!

Sent on 09/23/2012

Dana · Married on 05/12/2018

Carly was recommended by my wedding planner. I had done a previous make up trial with another makeup artist that was fine, but didn't feel like a home run so I decided to try another one and that's when I met Carly. Her personality immediately made me feel comfortable and that she got me. I could explain what I wanted and she would really hear me out. She has a passion for what she does which is a pleasure to be around. She also keeps the energy lighthearted, warm and easygoing which is important when you're in (what can be!) a high-stress wedding environment. She did my makeup, my mom and my now mother-in-law's makeup and was A STAR! I highly recommend working with Carly, she's flexible, talented and genuine person. A+.

Sent on 05/25/2018