Carly Fuller Photography Reviews

Carly Fuller Photography 7
  • Charlotte

Charlotte · Married on 10/06/2018

Carly is incredible!

Our wedding pictures were and still are one of our absolute favorite parts of our day. Carly is so responsive, professional and ensures that all of your important moments are captured in the most beautiful way. From the very beginning, I knew after talking on the phone with Carly that we wanted her for our wedding. She had come highly recommended from a few friends of ours. We decided to stretch our photography budget to include her in our day, and it was the best decision we could have made. Carly wants to get to know her clients before she phographs you, and I think it really helps her capture the most authentic personalities of the couple on film. She was such a ninja when taking pictures during the ceremony, we never noticed her once, and the photos came out so phenomenally. Carly ensures that the photo list is complete and has everything you want as a couple BEFORE the big day, which ends up being a small but crucial detail. She goes over the list and the timeline to make sure things run smoothly, and makes sure to get ALL the shots you ask for. I was so happy the day of when she took over the show, called in the family members and wedding party like a photo drill sergeant, and got all the perfect shots of our families that we asked for. She was able to get genuine smiles from my notoriously non-smiling family, and the pictures turned out more wonderfully than we could have imagined. Her attention to detail and talented eye captured the very essence of our day in a way we can remember forever with thousands of wonderful pictures. We could not have asked for a better more professional photographer, and our families both agreed that they have never seen such a well run wedding and such gorgeous final products where photography is concerned. Thank you Carly for capturing our best day ever, we are eternally grateful!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Chuck · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing Photographer!

We had the pleasure of working with Carly as our wedding photographer. I should start by saying that neither my husband nor I particularly enjoy being photographed, so in addition to technical photography skills, we were looking for someone we would feel comfortable working with and who would respect our wishes and boundaries during the wedding. We found exactly that in Carly.

When we booked Carly, she encouraged us to do a mini-engagement photo session with her (which was complementary in our package) for the sole purpose of getting to know each other and getting more comfortable in front of the camera. I will admit that I was not excited to do it. But I’m so so so grateful we did! First of all, the photos are beautiful. Second, it really did help us essentially practice being photographed so we would act and feel less awkward at the wedding. Carly knows what she’s doing!

During both the mini-engagement session and the portraits at the wedding Carly was amazing to work with. She has such a positive, playful energy that made us feel really comfortable with her, and allowed us to open up and be ourselves. Carly has a wonderful ability to see and capture sweet, pretty, special moments on camera, and it was energizing to see how excited she got about everything she was doing. Carly also did a great job of herding our wedding party and families for the appropriate photos – she was kind but firm, which is exactly what our group needed!

It was such a lovely surprise to get an email from Carly the day after our wedding with a clear outline of what to expect next and a few ‘teaser’ photos (which are phenomenal). We are only a couple of weeks post-wedding, so I need to be patient and let Carly work her magic, but I am so excited to see all of our wedding images. Carly was a joy to work with, and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/04/2019

Courtney · Married on 09/14/2018

Carly Fuller was the photographer for our DC wedding during September 2018. She was amazing!

We were looking for someone that would capture our day, be professional and of course give us many photos to treasure for years to come. Carly delivered this above and beyond!

We began our relationship with a conversation where we told her about our lives, our relationship and who we were as a couple. We spoke with Carly about what kind of pictures we wanted, talked about our family that would attend and described our intimate ceremony. She helped us to create a timeline, a list of pictures and was open to some of our more creative ideas for moments to capture.

Carly helped us to have a perfect day and we truly enjoyed working with her. She took charge in a good way when it came to my getting ready pictures with my mom - she was quick to act in my bridal suite - taking in the room, moving furniture and being self sufficient while I continued to get ready and have family time with those coming to visit me. Because of her keen eye and willingness to act we got amazing pictures.

We were also worried about the weather on the day. She was open and helpful in coming up with a game plan that could change our outdoor ceremony. We lucked out on the day and the sun started to appear. We were so happy that we had Carly at that moment - she was able to help lead our driver to different areas around DC - again helping to capture amazing pictures with DC landmarks - exactly what we wanted!

Our wedding day is one that we will never forget and a big part of that was having Carly with us. We loved working with her and I would highly, highly recommend her to anyone who needs a photographer!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Caroline · Married on 09/08/2018

Wow, I cannot thank Carly enough for her wonderful work in capturing our special day! She made this entire experiencing that at times can be long and dreading for the wedding party exciting and fun. It was such a pleasure to work with her through not only our wedding day but our engagement photos as well. I will be recommending Carly to all my friends and family for any photography sessions in the upcoming future. Great experience and quick turnaround times on our wedding photos! Thanks Carly for everything, you’re the best :)

Sent on 09/28/2018

Jaime · Married on 08/03/2018

Carly Fuller was phenomenal! Her assistant was fabulous too! Very patient and knew exactly how to make the day go smoothly with pictures. She was very easy to work with!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Jen · Married on 05/19/2018

We are so thrilled that Carly photographed our wedding. She was extemely detail-oriented. She reached out before the big day to coordinate everything such as shoot locations to timelines of the day. She researched the ceremony and reception site remotely via Google Earth (as it was out of state), so she could plan the best shots for lighting. She collected and took notes on names of family members and bridal party members ahead of time, so she had them memorized so she was able to direct and pose everyone by name, which was such a nice touch. We had so many guests comment on how friendly and personable Carly was and how comfortable they felt with her, and we certainly felt that. Both of us dislike being the center of attention. We expressed that to Carly and she made everything low key and easy. Carly did great with our dogs, one of is very rambunctious and was in our wedding. We also had family comment on how unobtrusive Carly was. We were blessed with an amazing double rainbow during our reception, which Carly was able to photograph with us in the foreground. Carly has sent us some amazing shots and we couldn't be happier to have had her as our photographer. We would strongly recommend using Carly Fuller!

Sent on 05/29/2018

Larissa · Married on 04/28/2018

Carly is INCREDIBLE! When I was looking to hire her, she spent 45 minutes on the phone with me just to explain the process and get a sense of my fiancé and I's interests! It was so kind of her! I immediately knew I had to have her as the photographer at our wedding! We recently had our engagement photo shoot with Carly and she still makes me so happy that I picked her! Her personality is fun and her experience is so obvious! We cannot wait for our wedding - We can breathe easy knowing she'll be taking the photos!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Carly Fuller Photography's reply:

Wow thank you so much for all these thoughtful words Larissa. I loved chatting with you and am happy to be apart of your engagement and wedding. It's amazing when you vibe with someone so well and just know, I knew we clicked right away and am so excited you chose me!

Norah · Married on 12/30/2017

We were so fortunate to have Carly take our engagement and wedding day photos. She first joined us last spring to take engagement photos on a dog-friendly beach and then around downtown Annapolis. In addition to the outcome of incredible photos, Carly’s energetic spirit made the whole experience while taking photos comfortable and fun and we instantly hoped she’d be able to join us for our wedding day. My husband couldn’t stop telling people that Carly “stopped traffic” downtown in order to get the perfect photo. Fast forward to December and Carly traveled to Cape Cod for our wedding. She arrived the day before and found the perfect private beach where we could take photos the next day. The fact that my husband was looking forward to taking photos again since we’d be working with Carly was priceless. Carly is extremely hard working, personable and has an incredible eye. We love the way she got to know everyone she would be working with throughout the day (including our pup!) and made taking photos in 15 degrees fun for all. She didn’t stop from the moment she arrived on the wedding day until the moment she left when she surprised us with her camera set up outside to capture the perfect moment in the nighttime snowfall. We loved sharing Carly’s blog post with our family and friends and were thrilled with our entire library of images when they arrived shortly after. We are so thankful to have had our memories captured by Carly and would highly recommend her to anyone. Thank you, Carly!!

Sent on 02/18/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 11/18/2017

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Carly not once, but twice, throughout our marriage. The first time she met us in Lynchburg Virginia to capture our engagement photos at all the spots that were important to us when we attended our alma matter (Lynchburg College). The images she was able to capture during that day were amazing and served as our "Save the Dates" and "Guest Book" for our wedding celebration. Her work is truly amazing and she made us feel extremely relaxed and comfortable throughout the entire shoot. Not to mention, we had a very hard time choosing which images to use for our "Save the Dates" since there were so many good pictures to choose from.

On the day of our wedding, Carly was with us for 12 hours!!!!! Since my husband and I decided to have a Catholic Ceremony (which was at 2:00pm) we had to get all of our wedding pictures completed before the ceremony. Carly and her assistant arrived in our bridal suite at 8:00am and captured every moment of our morning. While Carly was with me and my girls, her assistant was capturing my husband and his groomsmen getting ready.

All of the images Carly was able to capture throughout the whole day were truly amazing and her and her team were amazing to work with. Not once did I feel that I wasn't able to have a good time and enjoy my wedding day due to hundreds of pictures. I would highly recommend Carly to anyone who is looking for an amazing team of women who are both professional and funny and who take amazing pictures. In addition, I received ALL of my wedding pictures less than one month after my wedding. I truly could not have asked for a better experience

Sent on 12/18/2017

Mary · Married on 11/03/2017

Carly was wonderful. Would recommend her highly.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Bonner · Married on 10/08/2017

Carly and her team are amazing! The attention to detail, the quality of work, and the overall experience are the best in the business, not to mentions she's super sweet. We give our highest recommendations! She worked seamlessly with our videographers and her keen eye caught not only the feeling of the day/night, but some of the most spectacular photographs we've ever seen.

Sent on 04/09/2018
    Carly Fuller Photography 8

Debbie · Married on 09/09/2017

Carly was amazing. She was the hardest working person at my daughters wedding. She would get herself into any position to get the best shot. We pulled her away during her dinner break and she happily sprinted outside to take pictures with fireworks. She has so much energy and hops around snapping pictures while not getting in the way of the fun.

Sent on 09/14/2017

Karen · Married on 08/26/2017

Carly was amazing!!! From the planning, to the day of, to after she was great. Carly answered all of my crazy questions and was honest about what was good and what was not. I mostly took her advice on locations and they were PERFECT! She was also flexible when I added a "travel" location to the mix. She was on time and could easily control my 28 person bridal party from NYC. The sky was important to me and she made all of our sky-photos look amazing. While getting ready my suite was a total disaster - none of her pictures showed the mess from 14 women - I have beautiful getting ready photos. I am so happy with her in every way. I highly recommend her to every bride. I think she is worth every penny!!!!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Arielle · Married on 07/22/2017

I met Carly while she was photographing a close friend's wedding last year. She was so friendly and clearly excellent at her job. I loved that she was directive and helpful, yet she also made the experience really fun. I have been to several weddings, and I have never met a wedding photographer that genuinely cares about her clients the way Carly does. However, my friend's wedding was in Maryland and I was planning my wedding in New Hope, PA. Once we received the photos for that wedding, my fiance and I did some research and found that Carly also works in the Philadelphia area. We looked into other photographers and even met with a few, but neither of us felt as comfortable with anyone else as we did with Carly. When researching wedding photographers, keep in mind that you will be spending a great deal of time with the photographer on one of the most significant days of your life, so I think it is crucial to find someone that you get along with. All of that being said, Carly was the obvious choice for us. Carly did our engagement photos and they turned out great. Throughout the wedding planning process, Carly was so reassuring about everything. On the day of the wedding, Carly was amazing. She has a good eye for where to take photos and will guide you to the perfect locations throughout the day. Some of our family members attempted to take control with regard to which pictures were taken but Carly made sure to put us (the couple) first and professionally indicate that she is going through the list of what we want. We had a large wedding party so Carly had a lot of photos to take and she made sure to get through all of them while always checking in with us to see if we needed water or to go inside. Her assistant was also excellent! We received all of our photos in a very timely manner and it was so exciting to go through all of them. My husband and I agree that Carly is the best and we are so grateful that she was able to photograph our wedding day!

Sent on 09/02/2018
    Carly Fuller Photography 13
    Carly Fuller Photography 14
    Carly Fuller Photography 15

Katherine · Married on 06/24/2017

Carly was amazing to work with. She captured both our engagement and wedding photos. She made the engagement shoot so much fun even though my now husband and I were nervous and felt awkward in front of the camera. Her talent in capturing sweet reactions and candid moments resulted in dreamy photos even with our quirky, awkward ways! On our wedding day, Carly was focused, professional and attentive behind the lens and so much fun during all the bits in between. Throughout the course of the day, Carly continued to bring enthusiasm in capturing our wedding which resulted in us having gorgeous images that are special, personal and fun! We did not want our wedding photos to be generic, awkward and filled with forced smiles and Carly did not disappoint. With Carly’s talent and passion, she was able to capture real moments and all the emotions of the day. Every single time we look at the photos of our wedding day we are able to feel all those emotions again. Carly is incredible at what she does and we highly recommend her for your photography needs. We can’t wait to work with her in the future!

Sent on 11/05/2017

I love love love Carly!!! She is truly an amazing photographer. She is talented and truly enjoys what she does. She is so sweet and makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera. Her second photographer Maria was talented and easy going. They make a great team and did an a awesome job of capturing our special day!!!

Sent on 05/16/2017
  • O

Olivia · Married on 04/29/2017

We cannot say enough fabulous things about Carly Fuller Photography. Carly had photographed my older sister's wedding seven years ago and did such a wonderful job that we asked her to do ours. Carly and Wendy photographed our wedding together, and the photos were better than I ever imagined. The lighting, posing and creativity were amazing. Carly did an awesome job capturing the best parts of our wedding and we haven't even seen all the photos yet. I would highly recommend Carly for your PA or destination wedding. She and Wendy traveled all the way to Williamsburg for our wedding and were fantastic. Their prices are reasonable and ABSOLUTELY worth it. Carly makes photography fun and light-hearted in order to make you relaxed and comfortable. Our guests loved Carly and a couple said they want to use her for their weddings!

Sent on 05/05/2017

Katie · Married on 03/18/2017

WE LOVE CARLY! She was so easy to work with from start to finish. We decided to go with Carly after seeing her beautiful work on Facebook and reading her stellar reviews on Weddingwire. She did not disappoint! From our first phone call she impressed us with her great energy and a plethora of ideas for how to photograph us. We hung up and were so excited to work with her. When we had our engagement photo shoot we asked to incorporate our dogs and she was all about it. The pictures turned out so beautifully, with both dogs smiling in EVERY picture. We used those photos in our save the dates! Carly is a natural with humans and pets haha. We knew that after our engagement session that our wedding pictures were going to be beautiful too. My husband and I had our wedding on March 18, 2017 and Carly and her very helpful second photographer, Wendy, were a blast to work with! They were both so kind and bubbly, and fit right in with our guests. We honestly didn't even notice them taking pictures! They didn't stick out at all, and even blended in while dancing and taking action shots! Our guests loved Carly, too. A few said "you know your photographer is on the dance floor dancing and taking pictures?? We've never seen that before!" The photos turned out so beautiful. We couldn't be more pleased. I can't say enough great things about Carly, as evidenced by this long review. She is worth EVERY penny. Our wedding day would not have been nearly as much fun without her! She is the best!

Sent on 04/01/2017

Jade · Married on 10/15/2016

To say that Carly Fuller is a great photographer is a complete understatement. SHE IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST! And I am not exaggerating. I originally researched online looking for the best photographer in the Annapolis area and her name immediately popped up. I was on deployment and was nervous because I couldn't call and talk to discuss my vision and what I really wanted to capture on my wedding day. I really shouldn't have worried because she did everything perfectly and she made it so easy on us. I can honestly say she didn't take a single break and stopped at nothing to get the best of the best photos. Everywhere I turned for the rehearsal dinner and wedding, I saw her! She was so present and concentrated on doing an amazing job for us.

My wedding day was PERFECT. Carly was absolutely phenomenal. She knew what she was doing-- I have never gotten so many comments about how impressive someone was at their job! EVERYONE, and I mean everyone, was saying how awesome she is. If she thought getting on her knees or laying on the floor would produce the perfect shot-- she did it, she knew how to use light and scenery to make everyone look stunning. She is so kind and bubbly and made it easy to take photos that didn't look staged-- they turned out so natural and I couldn't be happier with the results. I received the gallery of my wedding photos yesterday and WOW!!!! Even the site she uses is professional, extremely well done, easy to navigate, and honestly the best representation of our special day that I could ever ask for! If you're hesitant about picking the right photographer, Carly is the one! No matter the price, you NEED to get her! It will be worth it and you will have the most amazing photos to remember your most amazing day! Thanks so much Carly! I'd hire you again in a second.

Sent on 11/11/2016

Genevieve · Married on 10/01/2016

When my husband and I first started planning our wedding, one of the first vendors I knew I wanted to snag was Carly. She photographed my friend's wedding a few years earlier, and at the time, I remarked how great all of her photos turned out. There are definitely cheaper photographers out there, but you get what you pay for, and a talented and professional photographer is well worth the expense- you only have one chance to capture amazing memories that you'll look back on for a lifetime. Once we sat down with her, it was clear we made the right choice because the three of us got along so well. Our wedding was not going to be very traditional since we decided on an elegant Halloween theme, and she was so excited about all of our fun ideas. We immediately started brainstorming an appropriate engagement shoot location. She is adorable and fun and filled with great energy. We live in NY, but the wedding was in MD, and she worked with us to find dates to meet and do the engagement shoot via email no problem. Her communication was seamless, and she helped us find a DJ and florist that would work with our needs and budget. On the day of, she made sure we got all of the shots we wanted and knew how to pose everyone to look their best. She even got my dad to smile in more than one picture, which is pretty amazing, believe me. Our photos are really beautiful, even despite the rain, and I'm already thinking to myself, what kind of event we could have just to be able to work with her again.

Sent on 11/03/2016

Kristin · Married on 09/24/2016

We can't stop looking at our photos! Carly is so fun and so talented. She captured all the emotion of our special day!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Meg · Married on 09/10/2016

Carly is absolutely amazing and excellent to work with! Her photos are truly exquisite and we were so excited to have her as our photographer for our wedding. Her upbeat personality makes everyone feel comfortable and excited to be apart of your wedding. I would recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 09/27/2016
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 09/03/2016

Carly is truly one of a kind! I can't speak highly enough of her, and I'm beyond thankful that we found her! We had a blast at our engagement shoot - Carly has amazing ideas, and makes the whole process so much fun! We got our photos back within a week and were STUNNED by how beautiful they were. We got SO many compliments! Our wedding day was flawless with Carly as well. She handles everything professionally, efficiently, and with the biggest smile! I felt at ease with her guiding us through the day. Carly will go above and beyond for you! She is so funny, sweet and talented - many of our wedding guests mentioned how wonderful she is! She's also got great dance floor moves, and captures some great amazing shots :) If there's one vendor you book for your wedding day, it needs to be Carly!!!! We are just over the moon about our wedding day with her, and if you book her I promise you will be too!

Sent on 09/12/2016

Kelly · Married on 04/17/2016

Erin and Caitlin spent the day with us at our wedding and were absolutely wonderful! I loved working with Carly on the details and planning and she also recommended some vendors that were great as well. The planning was easy and we received our photos quickly. Thanks so much girls! We are so happy with our experience and photos!

Sent on 06/25/2016

Meredith · Married on 04/02/2016

Carly was absolutely AMAZING. For both the engagement shoot and especially the wedding, she was professional, able to provide easy direction for formal photos/poses, switch tasks quickly (like switch from a formal shot to grab one of the kids playing), and above all, her energy and enthusiasm are apparent and contagious. She loves what she does and it shows. She gets you excited about the shoot. She captured all the photos we wanted, the little details, and especially at the reception, where things can get chaotic. She got everything.

The quality of her work is STELLAR. We received our photos about 2.5 weeks after the wedding, and all the photos are beyond what we had hoped for. The level of detail, composition, and clarity in each photo is the best I have ever experienced.

Carly is an absolute joy to work with, her work quality is absolutely SUPERB, and not only would I work with her again (in a heartbeat), but I will highly recommend her to any and everyone.

Sent on 04/24/2016