Caribou Bay Retreat Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Nikki
    Nikki N. Married on 10/16/2021

Best weekend

I can't begin to put into word how greatful I am for Mona and Jack. They made our day do wonderful. Caribou Bay is perfect and beautiful. From the relaxing night Thursday with just my now husband and me. To Friday setting everything up and hanging out with a few of the bridal party. And then Saturday, our big day. The colors and the day was absolutely beautiful and perfect. Dinner and dancing was great. Mona and Jack showed up to make sure we had everything and then Sunday went over some finalizing with us.
    The overall experience was amazing and I loved it all. My only complaint was the low lighting in the house. But for a relaxing time it works.
    Kassie A. Married on 10/16/2021

Caribou Bay Retreat Exceeds All Expectations

My son was married at Caribou Bay Retreat in October and the wedding was absolute magical! The beautiful landscape made such breathtaking pictures that can be relived over and over. Part of the reason the wedding was a success was the personal service that the owner Mona showed not only me but everyone that was in attendance. It was so much easier and stress free having her by our side. She helped us coordinate everything from vendors, setting up the venue to perfection, and she even set-up a popcorn cart for our guests and “manned” it by filling it when it was low. (By the way…she picked up the popcorn for us the day of the wedding because things got busy, and that gesture alone was way above expectations and so much appreciated)! If you want to work with someone who is extremely professional and makes you feel taken care of, I recommend Mona at the Caribou Bay Retreat. She will bring your dream wedding to life!
  • Demiree
    Demiree D. Married on 10/02/2021

Captured our Hearts

Our wedding at Caribou Bay in October 2021 was everything I ever could have imagined. Mona and Jack were so incredibly helpful and attentive to all of our needs! We couldn't have asked for a better place to celebrate our love. Caribou Bay will forever hold a place in our hearts. We loved that fact that we had the entire property and cabin for our wedding party to use...the wedding flies by as it is, so waking up the next of the wedding and seeing our dad's, my groom, and all the groomsmen fishing and enjoying themselves helped to keep me calm. It was truly a retreat and one that we will never forget!! Thank you!
  • Courtney
    Courtney D. Married on 09/30/2021

Perfect Day

Mona and her husband take pride in their work. They made our wedding day perfect and stress free. Mona did all the decorations for me which looked beautiful. The owners live on site and are there to answer questions at anytime.
  • Taylor
    Taylor M. Married on 08/07/2021

You don’t want to miss out on this rustic, outdoor opportunity!

This is the first and ONLY venue we looked at. For an all inclusive price, you get the entire property Thursday-Sunday and get to stay on site. Nothing beats that. Mona and Jack (property owners) were so responsive to any questions we had. Mona even let me use her personal property for the first look with my dad…. Back story, it was a DOWN POUR on our wedding day and my dad is visually impaired, so we needed an area that was very lit and provided enough space. Mona was generous enough to offer her back porch (with a clear overhead patio cover) for this special moment. Mona and Jack went ABOVE AND BEYOND for our wedding weekend. We are so lucky to have found Caribou Bay.
  • Kasey
    Kasey B. Married on 06/18/2021

Worth Every Penny

Mona and Jack were wonderful to work with! They answered all my questions in a short, reasonable response time and were very professional. With getting the venue for an entire weekend there was no rush setting up or taking down. I would highly recommend having Mona do your table arrangements! They were beautiful and it took a huge stress off our backs! Caribou Bay is an incredibly beautiful venue that we are still getting compliments about.
    James C. Married on 10/24/2020

Not enough nice things to say

I do not have enough nice things to say about Mona, her Husband, and Caribou Bay. When my fiance and I initially started planning our wedding we went to look at a few venues but immediately knew this was the place for us for many reasons (the venue itself is gorgeous and the property/ceremony areas are beautiful and immaculately kept to name a couple) but booking with Mona turned out to be one of the best decisions we could have made for another reason entirely . With our date only 6 months away we found ourselves in the midst of a global pandemic and having to make some big changes to the wedding. Mona has made an incredibly challenging time as easy as it could possibly be. She was ALWAYS available, accommodating, flexible, helpful, and above all incredibly caring when we came to her with concerns or changes to our initial plan. Words can not describe how grateful we are that we made Caribou Bay our choice and for the experience we have had with Mona as the venue owner. I have, and will continue to recommend booking Caribou Bay Retreat and Mona to anyone who will listen, it was the best choice we made since we decided to tie the knot in the first place :)
  • Madeline
    Madeline D. Married on 10/24/2020

Fantastic Venue and Owners

Mona and her husband are very kind and super accommodating. The venue itself is gorgeous and perfect for cozy woodsy touch to your wedding. My experience working with Caribou Bay Retreat has been a dream so far and I can't wait to be wed there in October 2020.
  • Samantha
    Samantha G. Married on 10/03/2020

Amazing everything was perfect!!

We have had nothing but good meetings and conversations with mona at caribou bay retreat. Everything was perfect for our big day. Jack was amazing and knew exactly what to say for our ceremony. Mona did all the decorating which was out of this world. The accommodations are well kept and very clean.
  • Jessica
    Jessica H. Married on 09/19/2020

A whimsical fairy tale come true

If you are planning a rustic romantic or Bohemian style wedding Caribou Bay is the place for you! The venue itself is absolutely beautiful and all the amenities made it so simple and carefree to plan our special event. Jack and Mona were an absolute delight, as they added they're own special touches in decorating an officiating. They provided us with a local vendors list that helped everything fall right into place perfectly. Thank you Jack and Mona for a magical weekend and memories that will last a lifetime!
    Kara H. Married on 07/11/2020

Everything we wanted in a venue and MORE

An amazing experience spent with my loved ones! If you are between Caribou Bay and another venue.. choose CARIBOU BAY!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa W. Married on 06/20/2020

AMAZING Venue and Staff!!

From the moment I walked through Caribou Bay up to my wedding day (a year and a half later) Mona and Jack were absolutely wonderful to work with. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. There are so many beautiful options for the ceremony and the reception hall is breathtaking! We ended up having to move my ceremony inside (thanks mother nature) but it was just as perfect. Great staff, beautiful venue and their vendors are just as wonderful!!! Highly recommend having your perfect day there!!
  • Megan
    Megan K. Married on 10/26/2019

An absolute dream!

We had the best wedding weekend at Caribou Bay. We loved that we were able to stay Thursday-Sunday and have our entire bridal party on the property with us. We also loved having the decor available to use and the walking trails on property as well. It is gorgeous, reasonably priced, and completely perfect.
    Chelsie Married on 09/14/2019

Everything you Need in One Place

Caribou Bay has it all. The most beautiful setting, twinkly lights, lodging for your closest friends or family, views for days, and all of the decorations. Trust me when I say, you do NOT need to purchase any decorations, Mona & Jack have pretty much everything!
    Sarah Married on 09/07/2019

Great Wedding Weekend

Mona and Jack were wonderful to work with whole planning our wedding! The grounds and buildings are beautiful. They clearly have a passion and pride in their work. Our guests were blow away from the beauty of the venue. It was great to be able to have our family stay at the house for a few days together!
  • Nichole
    Nichole Married on 08/17/2019

A beautiful location

I can only say wonderful things about Caribou Bay. Before we picked a venue I knew I wanted an elegant, woodsy, rustic style wedding, but I was kind of over the barn wedding thing. After visiting a few other venues, we found Caribou Bay on wedding wire and knew immediately that was the place. Jack and Mona were amazing to work with, incredibly responsive, and allowed for so much flexibility with the space. The space is already partially decorated with rustic decor, plus Mona has a ton of additional decor to use, that we saved a ton by using what was already there. We also loved that we were able to stay at the house on the property all weekend with our wedding party, which really made our whole wedding feel like a full weekend experience, versus a single day.
    Lesa G. Married on 08/10/2019

Wedding renewal

We could not have asked for a better venue with better owners! They truly went above and beyond to ensure our day was special. Every tiny detail was covered and perfect! Thank you Caribou Bay Retreat for making our day amazing!!!
    Danielle Married on 10/13/2018

Quiet Retreat

Caribou provided enough space to accommodate our entire wedding of over 240 people. Mona and Jack did an excellent job helping us with questions that came up when it came time to setting up. We had a wonderful, RELAXING weekend with our friends and family. My only feedback would be to make sure and bring extra blankets/pillows/shampoos for guests staying at the venue. There is more than enough space for extra blow up mattresses, if needed. We felt there was ample décor and items you can borrow for the big day - really saved our butts a few times. All in all, this is the #1 spot we'd recommend for anyone planning a wedding!
  • MrsBrownie
    Sara Married on 10/06/2018
    Mona and Jack have been an absolute blessing throughout the whole process of planning our wedding! We met with Mona as our first tour of venues, feel in love with Caribou Bay and booked our special day without giving a second thought to looking at other places. The length of stay included for the wedding was 4 days and offered beautiful accommodations for our whole wedding party and even some family! The event center and outdoor ceremony site have been decorated in a beautiful, classic rustic theme and Mona makes sure to change up elements based on the seasons. The only thing we needed to worry about was table decor, which was a huge stress relief. The guest house was comfy and really did feel like a home away from home! There are plenty of photography opportunities, hiking trails, outdoor as well as indoor activities. If I had the chance to do it all over again, my decision wouldn't change!! I would recommend Caribou Bay Retreat a trillion times over!! THANK YOU MONA AND JACK!!
    Mike Married on 08/25/2018
    Outstanding experience with Jack & Mona! Would highly recommend this venue for any wedding or larger group function. Access to entire property offers so many options. Our family is spread across the country, so having the ability to host a large cookout, on the premises, the night before the wedding was a huge bonus! This gave us an opportunity to catch up before the wedding. A BIG plus to my wife & I as hosts for the weekend.

The result of having such an awesome venue to enjoy out daughter's wedding? Everyone as having such a great time, no one took many photos! Guess everyone was too busy saving memories to the memory bank instead of the cloud! Will have to wait for pics from our photographer.

Thanks Jack & Mona for a memorable wedding weekend! One that Alexis & Tyler will cherish for a lifetime!
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 06/23/2018
    I am so glad that we chose Caribou Bay Retreat as our wedding venue. The moment we met the owner and saw the property, we were in love. Mona--the owner-- was extremely accommodating and happy to help us create the wedding we imagined. Mona allowed us to visit the venue several times to plan our day, she let my husband and I bring our puppy along, and she made sure that we had everything we needed. In the end, we had a wedding that was everything we'd hoped for, and more.
    I highly recommend having your wedding at Caribou Bay Retreat-- in fact, I recommend getting up to Caribou Bay whenever you get the chance! The people are fantastic, the property is beyond beautiful, the price is incredible... the list could go on. I can't say enough good things about Caribou Bay Retreat.
    Emma Married on 06/02/2018
    Perfection. Using this venue was the best decision we made when planning the wedding. Jack and Mona took away so much of the stress by providing so many amenities as well as great advice and support! Mona is unbelievably responsive and very professional.
    If you are a nature-loving couple looking for a venue that will provide a magical peaceful ceremony and reception, you just found it.
    Kelsey Married on 05/19/2018
    Was absolutely a dream! Wonderful whimsical & woodland themed, which was perfect for what we wanted our wedding to be. Guests loved it, so many compliments and they loved the property itself.
    Julie Married on 05/12/2018
    Caribou Bay Retreat is a slice of heaven in the Wisconsin countryside. The owners, Mona and Jack, go above and beyond to make sure every detail is taken care of. They are wonderful event planners and superb hosts. On the property, there is a warm and inviting guest house for your wedding party to spend the weekend. Several bedrooms, full kitchen, fireplace, pool table, hot tub...everything you could need. We enjoyed watching the birds at the feeders and the ducklings on the pond. Our ceremony was on the lawn at the darling white wood chapel. The birds were chirping and the pines were swaying. It was magical. Mona has beautiful flowers throughout the property. Your reception can be held outdoors as well, or in the amazing event center which is decorated on the outside with colorful barn quilts. This venue has to be seen to be believed. The ceiling is lined with twigs and twinkling lights, beautiful handmade wood tables and chairs are included for your guests, decorations include vintage baskets, tools, lanterns, and lamps and there is a built-in Saloon with a natural wood bar. Caribou Bay Retreat is the perfect place to hold your wedding...our guests and family will never forget it!