Captured on Canvas Reviews

99 Reviews for Captured on Canvas

• Isabella

Isabella Licata · Getting married on 01/10/2021

Amazing Keepsake!

Dan is so amazingly talented! After doing some research I fell in love with his work and knew we had to have him at our wedding to capture this amazing moment in our lives. We asked that he paint us during our first dance, and so he took pictures of us on his iPad to work from and reference throughout the night. My guests were amazed at the level of detail that he was able to portray in such a short amount of time. He even added in a surprise detail on one of the reception tables of my husbands favorite bourbon bottle (at my dads request) which he loved! We couldn’t wait to hang the painting in our home. Thank you Dan for this amazing keepsake of our big day!!

Sent on 12/29/2019
  • Casey

Casey Cavallaro · Married on 10/02/2020

Beyond talented!!!

Dan is SO impressive. He did an amazing job on our painting for our wedding. The details he achieves in just one day will leave you speechless. The guests loved watching the painting come together throughout the night. Dan also did my sisters wedding a few years back which was also an incredible job!! Can’t recommend him enough.

• Shaquanda

Shaquanda Reese · Married on 08/23/2020

Pure Eleganxw

I am still in awe of my beautiful wedding painting. I thought having a wedding painter would be a cool idea. I didnt know it would be the highlight of my wedding. My guest were blown away David was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. He had great communication and provided flexible options given the pandemic situation. Captured on Canvas was worth every penny.
    Thanks David for the memory and experience. His paintings are simply beautiful

Sent on 10/14/2020

Richa · Married on 08/15/2020

Amazing Artist!!

Daniel painted our small backyard ceremony in my backyard this summer. He captured the moment so beautifully. We’re so grateful to have him apart of our big day.

Daniel arrived on time and finished the painting in a matter of a few weeks. I’d recommend Daniel to anyone looking to capture their wedding day or special occasion in a unique way!

Sent on 10/08/2020

Daniella Veres · Married on 08/09/2020

Amazing and professional

Dan captured our special day so beautifully. My painting is going to be hung up for all to see his impeccable work and attention to detail. He was also so professional and receptive to any questions I had. I Would highly recommend hiring Dan as I am so happy that I did.

Sent on 10/14/2020

Tyler D'Amore · Married on 08/08/2020

Dan is the Best!

Daniel was so easy to work with and his paintings are magnificent.

Emily Kaschak · Married on 06/10/2020

Wedding Masterpiece

Daniel was a pleasure to work with! He was very responsive and worked with our vision to surprise my sister and brother and law :) They absolutely loved it and just framed it for their home, I am still getting messages asking for Daniel's information, as there was a line around him all during the wedding to see him create this beautiful masterpiece. When I get married next year, I will definitely be hiring him!! Thanks again, it will be a memory for a lifetime!

Sent on 12/23/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 02/29/2020

Amazing and Easy to work with

Dan was amazing! He did everything we wanted. I loved the finished product. He was easy to contact and very responsive. I'm so happy we had a live event painter and that we chose him. Highly recommend him to all brides :)

Sent on 03/30/2020

cc · Married on 02/10/2020

Simply - the. Best.

I had Dan at my other daughters wedding six years ago and was happy that he was available and willing for this wedding - after all it is 2020! No surprise he was punctual, professional and his artistry is second to none #priceless. You will not be disappointed.

• Allison

Allison Arnone · Married on 11/15/2019

A huge hit.

Spent 9 months planning every detail of our amazing wedding day and by FAR the most comments & compliments we received were about Daniel’s absolutely BEAUTIFUL painting. He was super responsive and professional (not to mention SO NICE!) when booking/arranging the day and did such an unreal job painting our first dance. I can’t get over how much it looks like me! This was a HUGE hit at our wedding & one of the most impressive things I’ve ever seen!

Sent on 11/17/2019
  • Caterina

Caterina · Married on 11/10/2019

Best vendor hands down!

My fiancé and I wanted a budget wedding that would also be amaze our guests! I was planning for about 2.5 years and thought I had everything I needed. About a month before my wedding, I found out about live painters and did not know if we would have the money to get one. My fiancé decided to let me splurge on this one thing and it was the best decision we made! Dan was surprisingly available on our wedding date and with very short notice was able to get all the details he needed for our day. Dan was the only vendor I did not have to worry about - he was already there when my husband and I walked in for our first dance and stayed until the painting was finished. Our guests were extremely impressed and a couple of people said they will definitely use a live painter for their children's weddings. We had the painting framed by Michaels and currently have it up in our living room. Instead of a photo booth - go with a live painter, especially Dan! You will not be sorry!

Sent on 12/28/2019
  • ISMAEL

Ismael Mercedes · Married on 09/20/2019

MarilynGetsAMercedes 09/20/19

Let me just start by saying, Thank You so much Daniel. Your work, your commitment and dedication stands out above the rest. I want to thank Daniel Angeli so much for the work he did for my Wedding. I got married on 09/20/19 and he did an amazing job recreating my first dance with my beautiful bride. I first contacted Daniel in 2018 interested in hiring him for my wedding. I wanted to surprise my Wife and boy was she surprised. As soon as she saw him working on the painting when we walked into the main Reception Hall she started crying. Happy tears of course. Throughout the whole process Daniel Angeli was a gentleman. He answered all my questions quick and right to the point and made sure to always have his line of communication open if I had to speak with him. He arrived early at the venue, which was Surf Club in New Rochelle and worked magic. My guest were able to drink and dance the night away as well as watch him work and talk to him and laugh. His work is amazing and it stands out above all else that I’ve seen when it comes to wedding paintings. I would recommend him to anyone that want to add that extra touch to your special day.

Sent on 10/12/2019

Danielle Smulofsky · Married on 09/13/2019

So happy we did this!

Daniel’s work is amazing and he is so easy to work with! We absolutely love our painting! The resemblance to the actual moment is surreal. He was also able to use the picture of our painting as our thank you cards for our guests. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/18/2019

Meaghan · Married on 08/17/2019

Thank you, Dan!!!

Dan is awesome! He was great to work with and is so talented. We requested the full detail painting and LOVE it. It's so special and the amount of detail and time he put into it is evident in the final masterpiece. He was also such a hit during the wedding - our guests loved watching his work come together throughout the night and were amazed by the end (as were we)! Dan is such a great person all around and you would be lucky to have him paint at your event!

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Loura

Loura Said · Married on 06/30/2019

So talented !

We hired Dan at our wedding at Naninas in the Park after meeting him at one of our friends weddings last year. Dan was an absolute pleasure to work with! He is extremely professional, responsive and so nice. He answered all our questions and helped us decide on some of the painting options. Not to mention he is beyond talented at what he does. I could not be more happier with our painting! He truly captured a magical moment for us. Thank you Dan for giving us our first piece of artwork in our new home! It was such a pleasure having you celebrating with us. Guests could not stop raving about him.

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • SASHA

Sasha Perez · Married on 06/28/2019

Best Painter Ever!

I was in a search for something unique and vintage for our wedding. After doing some intense research I found out that we could have a live painter at our wedding. I knew that we needed to have a painter come to our wedding and paint our first dance. I found many amazing live painters but Captured on Canvas by Daniel Angeli really caught my interest. I emailed him right away and he got back to me extremely fast. After that it was history. I booked him right there! We spoke briefly on the phone so that we could learn more about his work and for him to learn more about us. We finally met him on the wedding day. I saw him already painting the reception area before the ceremony even started! It was amazing! Before our wedding was over, I did look at his work and I was amazed how well he painted me and my husband. It looks just like us! I was amazed how he could work with loud noise and people constantly going to him and watching him. Daniel is the man! He is a super friendly guy and he spoke with everyone who approached him. Family members and friends were fascinated by him and his work since they couldn’t believe that live painting is a thing! Now they are all interested in having this done one day for themselves! We paid for Daniel to do touch ups so we cannot wait to see all the extra details he will put in (including my dog)….ahhh we are excited!!!! Thank you Daniel!!!!!

Sent on 08/15/2019

Michelle Fee · Married on 05/10/2019

Live painter- daniel was awesome!

If you want something different and unique at your wedding? Well... A live painter is the answer. It was a highlight at my daughters wedding. Our guests were amazed and Daniel did an awesome job capturing the first dance-I'm so glad we now have a memory that will live forever in this painting.

Sent on 10/18/2019

Danielle · Married on 04/27/2019

Highly Recommend!

We could not have been happier with our choice to have Dan at our wedding. He was AMAZING!! I wanted to do something special and unique to surprise my husband, and Dan really delivered! He was easy to contact via email/phone, professional, talented, and really just a friendly person! The guests at the wedding raved about how entertaining it was to watch him, and what a great job he did capturing our first dance. We are so happy to now have a keepsake from our wedding that can hang in our house to remind us of our special day!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Meghan Madden · Married on 10/27/2018

Absolutely amazing

Dan is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! He is so helpful, answered all of our questions, and painted a picture better then I could have ever asked for! He’s so friendly to everyone who came up to him at the wedding and explained everything he was doing! I couldn’t recommend him more! He really went the extra mile throughout the whole process!

Sent on 11/27/2018
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 10/12/2018

Absolutely amazing

3 months later and I still admire the Canvas Daniel did on my wedding night. I am so happy he was able to paint our first dance and was also able to add my precious Dog In the painting. Our guest were very intrigued and he was so pleasant. A few weeks later we received our thank you cards and they were just BEAUTIFUL!! He is by far the best!!!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Alexis Tarasco · Married on 09/14/2018

Amazing!

AMAZING! My guests are still raving about Dan and his work. Our picture came out fantastic!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Patricia · Married on 09/08/2018

I hired Dan for my daughters wedding on 9/8/18 at Hamilton Farm Golf Club! Not only is he an extremely talented artist, he is also professional, polite and an all around pleasure. Having him paint throughout the reception added that extra special detail I was looking for. Thank you Dan for your talent and passion creating something the bride and groom will treasure forever. We can’t wait to see the finished portrait!

Sent on 09/11/2018

ashley · Married on 08/11/2018

i can not say enough amazing things! i was very stressed the day of my wedding about not being able to have my ceremony outside but he made it possible to still have my painting be of the outside. his personallity was so nice and made both me and my husband feel less upset about it not being outside. my guests went on and on raving how amazing he was! thank you so so much dan! we LOVE our painting!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Shannon Masullo · Married on 05/25/2018

Amazing artist!!!

I can’t say enough wonderful things about this painter. He is so incredible talented and my husband and I couldn’t be happier with our wedding day painting.

Sent on 10/27/2018

Romina C · Married on 05/06/2018

Beautiful wedding painting!

Dan beautifully painted our first dance! He was a joy to work with, very professional, and extremely talented! Our guests were amazed watching him capture our wedding. He included all the details we asked for and our painting is perfect! Thank you so much Dan!!

Sent on 11/07/2018