Captured on Canvas Reviews

72 | East Meadow, NY

72 Reviews for Captured on Canvas

72 Captured on Canvas Reviews

Patricia · Married on 09/08/2018

I hired Dan for my daughters wedding on 9/8/18 at Hamilton Farm Golf Club! Not only is he an extremely talented artist, he is also professional, polite and an all around pleasure. Having him paint throughout the reception added that extra special detail I was looking for. Thank you Dan for your talent and passion creating something the bride and groom will treasure forever. We can’t wait to see the finished portrait!

Captured on Canvas 1

ashley · Married on 08/11/2018

i can not say enough amazing things! i was very stressed the day of my wedding about not being able to have my ceremony outside but he made it possible to still have my painting be of the outside. his personallity was so nice and made both me and my husband feel less upset about it not being outside. my guests went on and on raving how amazing he was! thank you so so much dan! we LOVE our painting!

Captured on Canvas 2

Kayla · Married on 11/19/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Daniel. From the very beginning, he was so professional, accommodating, and an absolute pleasure to work with! Everyone, myself included, were mesmerized watching him paint during our reception. His work is just stunning! Thank you so much, Daniel, for being apart of our special day and for capturing our first dance in such a beautiful way!

Ava · Married on 10/22/2017

Daniel is one of the nicest people I have met. He genuinely cares about his artwork & sharing the excitement of your special day. He was always attentive to my messages and requests. He did a lovely job & did not take up much space in our venue. Our guests were definitely intrigued! Overall he is a unique gem of talent you won’t regret bringing to your wedding day!! I was pleasantly surprised about how much the painting looked like us & our loved ones. Thank you so much for a beautiful memory for generations to enjoy.

Captured on Canvas 3

Brenda · Married on 10/15/2017

I hired Dan Angeli of Captured on Canvas for my son's wedding in October. He truly captured the night on canvas. From the backdrop of the skyline to the bride and groom dancing. The guests were in awe watching his painting come alive by the end of the evening. He is a very professional, talented artist and a pleasure to deal with. I would highly recommend him if you want to capture that special occasion. A painting is worth a thousand words. Thank Dan

Jennie · Married on 10/13/2017

YES! Yes! Yes! This was such an amazing and unique addition to our wedding! Our guests were in awe watching Dan work throughout the reception (as were we). Dan was very easy to work with - responsive, professional and EXTREMELY talented. We cannot wait to see the finished product!!! THANK YOU!

Captured on Canvas 4

Caitlin · Married on 09/29/2017

Dan Angeli is such an extremely talented artist! He painted the scene of our first dance and included so much detail! We were so happy with the finished product, we look at it in awe every single day! We would 100% recommend his service!

Captured on Canvas 5

Peggi · Married on 09/15/2017

I cannot express how happy I am to have made the decision to #1, have a live-event-painter at my son's wedding, and #2, to have chosen Dan to be the artist. He was so easy to work with. He answered every email with the quickest response. When I met him at the event I thought what a warm, friendly & delightful man he was. All my guests admired his work as his brush danced along the canvas from 4pm to midnight!! The bride and groom loved their surprise gift and everyone thought "what a wonderful idea"!! He did a wonderful job capturing this special day on canvas. I would highly recommend him!!

Liz · Married on 09/09/2017

Dan did an amazing job painting our first dance at our wedding. He exceeded our expectations and captured the moment perfectly. Highly recommend him. Dan was interactive with our guests the entire evening. We still have people talking about what a great job he did. He was easy to work with from start to finish, could not have asked for anything more.

Amy · Married on 09/02/2017

My husband and I wanted a live painter after seeing it at a previous wedding. After searching online through Wedding Wire, I found Daniel and Captured on Canvas. Daniel is incredibly sweet and was so responsive to my emails. We received our painting about 3 and half months after our wedding and it was worth the wait! I loved the fact that I was able to include my whole family and my husband's family in the painting. His prices were reasonable and he updated us throughout the process so that we knew exactly when we were expecting our painting! We surprised our guests at our wedding with the live painter and everyone still tells us how much they loved watching Daniel paint and LOVED the finished painting. Please, do not hesitate, contact Daniel today to make a very special moment of your day a beautiful masterpiece!

Rosanne · Married on 07/30/2017

Daniel was a pleasure to work with from start to finish! Besides the beautiful painting we got at the end of our day, our guests were raving about how wonderful it was to watch him create it throughout the night. We've been hearing about it for weeks! Daniel was by far our favorite vendor, and I can't wait to have another reason to call him up! He's truly a master of his craft and it was that exact special touch we were looking for. Daniel, we can't thank you enough! --Rosanne and William

Laurie · Married on 07/15/2017

I was referred to Captured on Canvas by another live event artist, and I could not be happier with the referral. Daniel was incredibly easy to work with from day one. He listened to my ideas, and created the most beautiful painting of our first dance. Daniel was a hit at the wedding, and guests were checking in to see what he was up to throughout the evening. Most guests had never seen a live event painter at a wedding, and could not get over what he was able to do in the hours we were there. They could not wait to see the finished product, and still can't get over the likeness of all the people in the painting. The detail is unreal! We were so excited to get the finished product, and cannot wait to get it back from the framer! It is an incredible piece of art, and one of our most cherished memories from the wedding. I am so happy we decided to have Daniel capture our wedding, and consider it to be one of the best investments from the entire day!

Jenna · Married on 07/14/2017

Daniel is an amazing artist and person to work with! We are so happy that we chose to have him at our wedding, the guests won't stop talking about how amazing it was to watch his painting transform throughout the night! We love the final product and it is hanging in our living room...he did an amazing job illustrating the colors and setting of the night as well as capturing our faces in the moment! He arrived before the event and stayed until the very end, his dedication and professionalism throughout the whole process was greatly appreciated. We highly recommend Daniel, great person and great artist!!

Captured on Canvas 6

Kim · Married on 03/25/2017

Daniel was a pleasure to work with. No hassle, very easygoing. He was a HUGE hit at that wedding! People were watching him and taking pictures of him all night! He did a fantastic job painting, and I cannot wait to see the finished product! This was such a great memory to have and keep as a piece or art from our special day! I highly recommend booking with Daniel, your guests will be blown away and you will end up with a beautiful part of your day on canvas! So happy we did this!!

• User7921969 · 1+ year ago

Once I learned about live event painting, I knew I needed it for my wedding. I researched many artists, and decided to go with Dan based on his style. He did an amazing job. My guests loved checking up on the painting throughout the night.

Sarah · Married on 12/03/2016

Dan is a truly talented professional! We found him very easy to work with as he was very responsive and listened to what we wanted. He far exceeded our expectations and captured so many beautiful details in our painting. He is very talented and it certainly shows! The guests also loved watching his painting progress throughout the night and they were in awe of his work and how realistic everything was portrayed. My husband and I are so lucky to have this painting as another way to remember our special day and can't thank Dan enough for the beautiful work of art! It is so special and meaningful and we know we will get compliments on it hanging in our home for years to come! I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dan!!

Keri · Married on 11/05/2016

I don't even know where to begin or what to truly say other then PERFECTION! Daniel truly captured everything I could have wanted and them some for the perfect live painting. He worked with me on this before the wedding with all details I had wanted....made sure that everything was what I had wanted for the final product. This was a masterpiece and truly a special touch to the wedding for so many reasons. He truly touched my heart with it all. The amount of people stunned and amazed at his work during the wedding, was that much more once they had seen his final piece. It was a pleasure and honor to have worked with him and I only hope to be able to use him in the future!!!

Lynne · Married on 10/15/2016

I’m not sure where to begin sing the praises of Daniel because there aren’t enough words to express the pleasure it was to work with him and what a truly talented artist he is. On the business side, he is so prompt to answer emails and is very accommodating to any requests. As a painter, his work will leave you speechless. When we saw the painting at the end of the evening, we were in awe of what Daniel had done. He didn’t miss a detail in the room, he included the family members we had asked him to include and he captured the entrance of the bride and groom just perfectly. Daniel is working on his finishing touches to the painting but I am so confident in his talent that I wanted to write a testimonial about him and his work before we even see his completed artwork. I have no doubt we absolutely love and treasure it!

Amanda · Married on 08/20/2016

Daniel was amazing to work with! He exceeded our expectations in every way! We fell in love with his work after seeing his instagram posts and we were so happy we hired him! All of our guests loved watching him paint live during our wedding and it definitely made our wedding unique and special. His attention to detail is outstanding and we were so happy we hired him! He was on time, professional, and really great at answering all of our questions. Would definitely recommend him for any event!

Andrea · Married on 07/23/2016

The painting brings back wonderful memories in different way. Yes, we had photographer. There is nothing like having someone there painting the details. It was a joy for the guest to see the painting develop. The finish product was delivered on time. Dan was wonderful to work with. All my questions was answered immediately.
    I would highly recommend Dan.

Kimberly · Married on 07/03/2016

I contacted Daniel over a year before my wedding date as I knew live event painting is becoming more popular with few artists in the industry. From the first time I emailed him, Daniel was very responsive and wanted to set up a phone consultation right away. He was very easy going but also professional throughout the entire experience. I was happy that there were different size paintings and different "packages" you could choose from so he is willing to work with your budget. I decided to add on 2 prints from the original painting to give to our parents as gifts and I also added on thank you cards which I think will be the perfect "cherry on top" for our guests. If you are looking for something extra special for your wedding day and are sick of the overdone photo booth, a live event painting is the way to go. It is something different and at the end of it all you will have a beautiful keepsake you will have forever. Daniel was a pleasure to work with and his prices are VERY reasonable (believe me I shopped around!). Not to mention the amount to detail Daniel included in the painting! Everything from the the details of my dress, the faces of our family and friends, the cake, the floral arrangements, and even the fire island ferry passing by outside the window! Simply incredible =)

• Melissa

Melissa · Married on 06/17/2016

I cannot even begin to say how AMAZING Daniel is! He was my live painter for my wedding on June 17th. From the first email I sent to him to the day I received my finished painting in the mail everything was so enjoyable and the finished product was out of this world! The day of the wedding Daniel came to set up a few hours before the wedding started and he started with painting the ballroom. While guest were walking in they were amazed with what they say. They are still raving about it! I would HIGHLY recommend hiring Daniel to add a special touch to your event! Thank you so much Daniel!!

Lauren · Married on 06/10/2016

Dan was amazing!!! I was looking for something different to do at our wedding and i've heard of people having a live event painter, but I've never been to a wedding who had one. I was recommended by another vendor to check out Dan's work and I was very impressed. I immediately contacted him and was lucky enough to book him!! Dan is very professional, friendly and he is very talented!!!! My guests absolutely loved that they were able to interact with him all night and check on the progress of the painting. Everyone still talks about him amazing it was to have him there and how beautiful the painting was. I am so happy that i was able to have Dan be a part of my wedding. I received the painting a couple weeks after my wedding and i couldn't be any happier with the final piece! I would highly recommend Dan for your next event!!! It is absolutely beautiful and is now hanging in our new home!!!! Thank you!!!

Taylor · Married on 05/21/2016

Not only was our painting beautifully executed, but Dan was professional, personably and a hit with our guests! He printed our thank you cards as well which nobody had ever seen before! We're so happy Captured On Canvas was part of our special day.

bonnie · Married on 05/14/2016

I hired Dan to paint at both my children's weddings. If you are considering doing something very special at your wedding, I would definitely consider hiring Dan to paint a live portrait ! The guests at the wedding loved to watch the portrait come alive. He was polite, extremely accommodating and utmost professional! Would recommend in a heartbeat!!