Captured on Canvas Reviews

Captured on Canvas 7
  • Loura

Loura Said · Married on 06/30/2019

So talented !

We hired Dan at our wedding at Naninas in the Park after meeting him at one of our friends weddings last year. Dan was an absolute pleasure to work with! He is extremely professional, responsive and so nice. He answered all our questions and helped us decide on some of the painting options. Not to mention he is beyond talented at what he does. I could not be more happier with our painting! He truly captured a magical moment for us. Thank you Dan for giving us our first piece of artwork in our new home! It was such a pleasure having you celebrating with us. Guests could not stop raving about him.

Sent on 07/05/2019
    Captured on Canvas 8
  • SASHA

Sasha Perez · Married on 06/28/2019

Best Painter Ever!

I was in a search for something unique and vintage for our wedding. After doing some intense research I found out that we could have a live painter at our wedding. I knew that we needed to have a painter come to our wedding and paint our first dance. I found many amazing live painters but Captured on Canvas by Daniel Angeli really caught my interest. I emailed him right away and he got back to me extremely fast. After that it was history. I booked him right there! We spoke briefly on the phone so that we could learn more about his work and for him to learn more about us. We finally met him on the wedding day. I saw him already painting the reception area before the ceremony even started! It was amazing! Before our wedding was over, I did look at his work and I was amazed how well he painted me and my husband. It looks just like us! I was amazed how he could work with loud noise and people constantly going to him and watching him. Daniel is the man! He is a super friendly guy and he spoke with everyone who approached him. Family members and friends were fascinated by him and his work since they couldn’t believe that live painting is a thing! Now they are all interested in having this done one day for themselves! We paid for Daniel to do touch ups so we cannot wait to see all the extra details he will put in (including my dog)….ahhh we are excited!!!! Thank you Daniel!!!!!

Sent on 08/15/2019

Danielle · Married on 04/27/2019

Highly Recommend!

We could not have been happier with our choice to have Dan at our wedding. He was AMAZING!! I wanted to do something special and unique to surprise my husband, and Dan really delivered! He was easy to contact via email/phone, professional, talented, and really just a friendly person! The guests at the wedding raved about how entertaining it was to watch him, and what a great job he did capturing our first dance. We are so happy to now have a keepsake from our wedding that can hang in our house to remind us of our special day!

Sent on 06/12/2019
    Captured on Canvas 9

Meghan Madden · Married on 10/27/2018

Absolutely amazing

Dan is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! He is so helpful, answered all of our questions, and painted a picture better then I could have ever asked for! He’s so friendly to everyone who came up to him at the wedding and explained everything he was doing! I couldn’t recommend him more! He really went the extra mile throughout the whole process!

Sent on 11/27/2018
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 10/12/2018

Absolutely amazing

3 months later and I still admire the Canvas Daniel did on my wedding night. I am so happy he was able to paint our first dance and was also able to add my precious Dog In the painting. Our guest were very intrigued and he was so pleasant. A few weeks later we received our thank you cards and they were just BEAUTIFUL!! He is by far the best!!!

Sent on 01/03/2019
    Captured on Canvas 10

Alexis Tarasco · Married on 09/14/2018

Amazing!

AMAZING! My guests are still raving about Dan and his work. Our picture came out fantastic!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Patricia · Married on 09/08/2018

I hired Dan for my daughters wedding on 9/8/18 at Hamilton Farm Golf Club! Not only is he an extremely talented artist, he is also professional, polite and an all around pleasure. Having him paint throughout the reception added that extra special detail I was looking for. Thank you Dan for your talent and passion creating something the bride and groom will treasure forever. We can’t wait to see the finished portrait!

Sent on 09/11/2018
    Captured on Canvas 11

ashley · Married on 08/11/2018

i can not say enough amazing things! i was very stressed the day of my wedding about not being able to have my ceremony outside but he made it possible to still have my painting be of the outside. his personallity was so nice and made both me and my husband feel less upset about it not being outside. my guests went on and on raving how amazing he was! thank you so so much dan! we LOVE our painting!

Sent on 08/21/2018
    Captured on Canvas 12

Shannon Masullo · Married on 05/25/2018

Amazing artist!!!

I can’t say enough wonderful things about this painter. He is so incredible talented and my husband and I couldn’t be happier with our wedding day painting.

Sent on 10/27/2018
    Captured on Canvas 13

Romina C · Married on 05/06/2018

Beautiful wedding painting!

Dan beautifully painted our first dance! He was a joy to work with, very professional, and extremely talented! Our guests were amazed watching him capture our wedding. He included all the details we asked for and our painting is perfect! Thank you so much Dan!!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Manali · Married on 04/07/2018

Beautiful Painting!

We wanted something unique and lifelong for our wedding and Captured on Canvas brought that to us! Daniel was amazing to work with - he was very quick with emails and even spoke to us on the phone to explain the process and took an interest in what we were looking for. During the wedding itself he set up in an area where guests were able to see him and approach him! Not only did we get a beautiful painting that will stay with us forever but our guests were able to be part of the process. Thank you Daniel!!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Kayla · Married on 11/19/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Daniel. From the very beginning, he was so professional, accommodating, and an absolute pleasure to work with! Everyone, myself included, were mesmerized watching him paint during our reception. His work is just stunning! Thank you so much, Daniel, for being apart of our special day and for capturing our first dance in such a beautiful way!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Ava · Married on 10/22/2017

Daniel is one of the nicest people I have met. He genuinely cares about his artwork & sharing the excitement of your special day. He was always attentive to my messages and requests. He did a lovely job & did not take up much space in our venue. Our guests were definitely intrigued! Overall he is a unique gem of talent you won’t regret bringing to your wedding day!! I was pleasantly surprised about how much the painting looked like us & our loved ones. Thank you so much for a beautiful memory for generations to enjoy.

Sent on 03/06/2018
    Captured on Canvas 14

Brenda · Married on 10/15/2017

I hired Dan Angeli of Captured on Canvas for my son's wedding in October. He truly captured the night on canvas. From the backdrop of the skyline to the bride and groom dancing. The guests were in awe watching his painting come alive by the end of the evening. He is a very professional, talented artist and a pleasure to deal with. I would highly recommend him if you want to capture that special occasion. A painting is worth a thousand words. Thank Dan

Sent on 11/21/2017

Jennie · Married on 10/13/2017

YES! Yes! Yes! This was such an amazing and unique addition to our wedding! Our guests were in awe watching Dan work throughout the reception (as were we). Dan was very easy to work with - responsive, professional and EXTREMELY talented. We cannot wait to see the finished product!!! THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/31/2017
    Captured on Canvas 15

Caitlin · Married on 09/29/2017

Dan Angeli is such an extremely talented artist! He painted the scene of our first dance and included so much detail! We were so happy with the finished product, we look at it in awe every single day! We would 100% recommend his service!

Sent on 10/21/2017
    Captured on Canvas 16

Peggi · Married on 09/15/2017

I cannot express how happy I am to have made the decision to #1, have a live-event-painter at my son's wedding, and #2, to have chosen Dan to be the artist. He was so easy to work with. He answered every email with the quickest response. When I met him at the event I thought what a warm, friendly & delightful man he was. All my guests admired his work as his brush danced along the canvas from 4pm to midnight!! The bride and groom loved their surprise gift and everyone thought "what a wonderful idea"!! He did a wonderful job capturing this special day on canvas. I would highly recommend him!!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Liz · Married on 09/09/2017

Dan did an amazing job painting our first dance at our wedding. He exceeded our expectations and captured the moment perfectly. Highly recommend him. Dan was interactive with our guests the entire evening. We still have people talking about what a great job he did. He was easy to work with from start to finish, could not have asked for anything more.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Amy · Married on 09/02/2017

My husband and I wanted a live painter after seeing it at a previous wedding. After searching online through Wedding Wire, I found Daniel and Captured on Canvas. Daniel is incredibly sweet and was so responsive to my emails. We received our painting about 3 and half months after our wedding and it was worth the wait! I loved the fact that I was able to include my whole family and my husband's family in the painting. His prices were reasonable and he updated us throughout the process so that we knew exactly when we were expecting our painting! We surprised our guests at our wedding with the live painter and everyone still tells us how much they loved watching Daniel paint and LOVED the finished painting. Please, do not hesitate, contact Daniel today to make a very special moment of your day a beautiful masterpiece!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Rosanne · Married on 07/30/2017

Daniel was a pleasure to work with from start to finish! Besides the beautiful painting we got at the end of our day, our guests were raving about how wonderful it was to watch him create it throughout the night. We've been hearing about it for weeks! Daniel was by far our favorite vendor, and I can't wait to have another reason to call him up! He's truly a master of his craft and it was that exact special touch we were looking for. Daniel, we can't thank you enough! --Rosanne and William

Sent on 10/08/2017

Laurie · Married on 07/15/2017

I was referred to Captured on Canvas by another live event artist, and I could not be happier with the referral. Daniel was incredibly easy to work with from day one. He listened to my ideas, and created the most beautiful painting of our first dance. Daniel was a hit at the wedding, and guests were checking in to see what he was up to throughout the evening. Most guests had never seen a live event painter at a wedding, and could not get over what he was able to do in the hours we were there. They could not wait to see the finished product, and still can't get over the likeness of all the people in the painting. The detail is unreal! We were so excited to get the finished product, and cannot wait to get it back from the framer! It is an incredible piece of art, and one of our most cherished memories from the wedding. I am so happy we decided to have Daniel capture our wedding, and consider it to be one of the best investments from the entire day!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Jenna · Married on 07/14/2017

Daniel is an amazing artist and person to work with! We are so happy that we chose to have him at our wedding, the guests won't stop talking about how amazing it was to watch his painting transform throughout the night! We love the final product and it is hanging in our living room...he did an amazing job illustrating the colors and setting of the night as well as capturing our faces in the moment! He arrived before the event and stayed until the very end, his dedication and professionalism throughout the whole process was greatly appreciated. We highly recommend Daniel, great person and great artist!!

Sent on 11/08/2017
    Captured on Canvas 17
  • Alex

Alex Myrah · Married on 04/07/2017

Great live event painter!

We used Captured on Canvas for our wedding and they were awesome! Dan does an excellent job, we are super happy with the end result. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Kim · Married on 03/25/2017

Daniel was a pleasure to work with. No hassle, very easygoing. He was a HUGE hit at that wedding! People were watching him and taking pictures of him all night! He did a fantastic job painting, and I cannot wait to see the finished product! This was such a great memory to have and keep as a piece or art from our special day! I highly recommend booking with Daniel, your guests will be blown away and you will end up with a beautiful part of your day on canvas! So happy we did this!!

Sent on 03/30/2017
  • User7921969 · 2+ years ago

Once I learned about live event painting, I knew I needed it for my wedding. I researched many artists, and decided to go with Dan based on his style. He did an amazing job. My guests loved checking up on the painting throughout the night.

Sent on 04/26/2017