Captured on Canvas Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Jessica
    Jessica M. Married on 04/30/2022

Run! Don't walk to book!

Daniel was amazing! My husband and I are in awe at the final painting. There are no words to describe how happy we were to have Daniel be part of our big day! He was so sweet from beginning to end. I would definitely recommend Daniel to everyone!
    Laura C. Married on 03/18/2022

Patient courteous and professional!

Daniel was professional and pleasant to work with. He responded quickly to questions and the end result was beautiful!! Thank you for the beautiful canvas !
    Jacqueline S. Married on 11/12/2021

Your guests will be amazed!

The highlight of our wedding! My husband and I met Daniel at another wedding, and we were blown away by his work. We knew we needed to book him for our wedding! His work is amazing, and we were so happy with how our first dance portrait came out. SO many people were amazed by his work that they were asking us for his info so they could book him for their weddings, including people who didn't even attend our wedding! Thank you Daniel for capturing our first dance in such a beautiful way!
    Marisa M. Married on 10/23/2021

Special touch to the perfect night!

Dan was amazing and my guests couldn’t believe how talented he is! Having a live painter is such a unique touch , one that many people haven’t seen before and I had So many compliments and was told how amazing it was throughout the night! I cannot wait to find the perfect spot at home to display his work of art!
  • Emily
    Emily F. Married on 10/16/2021

INCREDIBLE ARTIST and amazing person!!!!

By far my absolute favorite vendor and part of my wedding day! From start (emailing with Daniel and phone conversations a year before my wedding) to finish, Daniel was an absolute pleasure to work with. So professional, kind, and incredible at this work. ALL of my guests were raving about him throughout the reception and many of them said they wanted to book him themselves! It was so fun to watch my first dance come alive in his painting and it was SO realistic and on point. Our painting was a surprise gift from me to my husband on our wedding day, and the months of planning and keeping the secret was so worth it! I’ll always remember his face and my family’s faces when they saw the final painting. It is something my husband and I will have forever and truly always cherish. To also have our parents and grandma in the painting is beyond special as well. I couldn’t be happier with my decision to go with Daniel over any other live painters out there. He truly is a gem. Do yourself a favor and book Daniel I promise you won’t regret it!!!
    Brianna F. Married on 10/09/2021

10/10 experience

Daniel was incredible! I was my best friend's MOH and the bridal party gifted the live wedding painting to the couple. Daniel was esy to contact, super friendly, great with keeping it a surprise until we told the couple, and was simply fantstic on the day of! The painting came out so phenomenally and it was such an amazing addition to the day. Would recommend to anyone who is looking to add this to their special day!
    Caitlyn A. Married on 09/25/2021

Crowd favorite!!

We hired Captured on Canvas for our 9/25/21 wedding and could not be happier with what it added to our day. My husband & I knew we wanted a live painter as we thought it would be a really cool detail but we were not prepared for the amount of entertainment and excitement it would bring for our guests! The feedback that we have gotten from every single one of our guests about our day has included them raving about the live painting. Guests loved how each time they walked by Dan he had added a new detail and they were able to watch the whole portrait come together from start to finish. I HIGHLY recommend hiring Dan from Captured on Canvas for your wedding or any other event. You are left with an amazing painting and very impressed guests. Dan, thank you for adding such a wonderful detail to our day! It really made our wedding complete.
    Meryl P. Married on 09/19/2021

Live Painting

I love Daniel's work. My guest are still talking about the painting. I booked Daniel as soon as I confirmed my date with the venue and was watching all of his work on instagram until it was my turn aka my wedding day. Just to see him capture a special moment and work on it all night while my guest go over and sneak a peak made my special day even more special. I have already recommended him to all my friends that have up and coming events.
  • Victoria
    Victoria T. Married on 09/10/2021

Provided a Perfect Experience

Absolutely amazing work! Left our guests completely amazed. The finished product was outstanding. Recommend 10/10!
  • Nicole
    Nicole P. Married on 09/05/2021

Amazing Artist!

Danielle was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. Our painting came out amazing and included every detail from our centerpieces to the details on my dress. We are so happy that Daniel was able to capture our first dance in a beautiful piece of art.
    Angelina S. Married on 08/27/2021

Wedding Painting

Dan was amazing! He was so professional and easy to communicate with. He was very thorough and did an amazing job! I couldn’t be happier with my wedding painting! Highly recommend using him you won’t be disappointed!
    Hillary F. Married on 07/31/2021

Amazing Experiejce!!!

The painting was amazing. Everyone at the wedding kept coming over to Daniel to see his progress. The end result was amazing! I would very much recommend him to anyone who wants a fun and different experience at their wedding
  • Tony
    Tony Married on 07/30/2021

Dan of Captured by Canvas

Dan of Captured by Canvas was unbelievable from start to finish. We originally had him booked for our wedding in the Summer of 2020, but had to postpone until 2021. When I was working on a new date I reached out to Dan and he answered immediately which allowed me to secure my new wedding date before everything was booked. The day of the wedding, Dan introduced himself and requested to meet with several members of the family. He was polite and professional. To this day, one of the most talked about parts of my wedding was Dan, and for that I am forever grateful. Thank you Dan!
    Preya P. Married on 07/10/2021

Wedding Painting

Daniel is amazing! He was organized and made sure he got my vision of the exact moment I wanted for my wedding morning. We love our painting!!

Thank you so much even through COVID rescheduling you were so quick with responding and did not give me a hard time!
  • Harman
    Harman D. Married on 07/04/2021

Danial is so talented.

So glad to have this timeless memory. Daniel put his soul into our wedding painting.
    Vanessa D. Married on 06/26/2021

Great painting

Daniel is an extremely talented artist and very kind and so easy to work with
    He was great with the all the guests everyone was wowed by his process and he lets everyone see it unfold

He even met us and delivered our final product so we didn’t have to ship the painting
    Alessandra Married on 06/12/2021

Amazing you have to hire daniel!

Daniel was incredible! The painting turned out beautifully and everyone who attended our wedding still talks about Daniel's work and him live painting during the reception. From first speaking to Daniel to receiving our painting, he walked us through every step of our contract and made sure he understood exactly what we wanted to be featured in the painting. Now we have a painting to remember our wedding day by every time we look at it :) thank you Daniel!!!!!!!!!!!
    Carolyn L. Married on 05/28/2021

Was Amazing

The live painting was one thing that I really wanted at our wedding and it came out amazing. I wish I had made sure everyone could have seen him during the event. It is a great conversation piece and memory to have!
    Gina M. Married on 05/22/2021

Do not hesitate to book Daniel!!!

I cannot express how incredibly talented Daniel is! Every single one of my guests complimented on this unique addition to our wedding day. It was so fun watching him complete the piece throughout the night. We have our painting framed and displayed it in our home, I am still amazed every time I look at it. Just BOOK him, you will not be disappointed!!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca V. Married on 04/17/2021

Best money spent for our day!

I knew I wanted a live painting by Daniel since before we even got engaged! I stumbled upon his Instagram one day and I just thought his are was incredible. Daniel was fantastic at every aspect - communication during the planning process, engaging with guests and and unbelievable finished product. All of our guests were blown away watching him paint. They had never seen anything like it at an event before. I honestly say it was the best money spent for our day. We know have a beautiful piece of artwork to cherish forever. Thank you so much!
  • Janine
    Janine G. Married on 10/24/2020

A favorite memory

With the help of my planner we hired Daniel as a gift for my husband and it was absolutely worth it! His talent is incredible! We had him capture our first dance and The level of detail he put into us and our surroundings was spectacular. He got the details of our flowers, the lighting, and even the lace of my gown. Words can't express how happy we are with the final product. It's a keepsake that we will always have. Our guests were mesmerized by his work and really enjoyed the progress from start to finish. He wasn't just a gift to us but for our guests as well. We highly recommend him 1000%!!!!
  • Casey
    Casey C. Married on 10/02/2020

Beyond talented!!!

Dan is SO impressive. He did an amazing job on our painting for our wedding. The details he achieves in just one day will leave you speechless. The guests loved watching the painting come together throughout the night. Dan also did my sisters wedding a few years back which was also an incredible job!! Can’t recommend him enough.
    Cc Married on 10/02/2020

Simply - the. Best.

I had Dan at my other daughters wedding six years ago and was happy that he was available and willing for this wedding - after all it is 2020! No surprise he was punctual, professional and his artistry is second to none #priceless. You will not be disappointed.
  • Shaquanda
    Shaquanda R. Married on 08/23/2020

Pure Eleganxw

I am still in awe of my beautiful wedding painting. I thought having a wedding painter would be a cool idea. I didnt know it would be the highlight of my wedding. My guest were blown away David was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. He had great communication and provided flexible options given the pandemic situation. Captured on Canvas was worth every penny.
    Thanks David for the memory and experience. His paintings are simply beautiful
    Richa Married on 08/15/2020

Amazing Artist!!

Daniel painted our small backyard ceremony in my backyard this summer. He captured the moment so beautifully. We’re so grateful to have him apart of our big day.

Daniel arrived on time and finished the painting in a matter of a few weeks. I’d recommend Daniel to anyone looking to capture their wedding day or special occasion in a unique way!