Canyonwood Ridge Reviews

59 | Dripping Springs, TX

59 Reviews for Canyonwood Ridge

• Allison

Allison Qualls · Getting married on 05/08/2022

Huge fans of this venue!!!

WE LOVE CWR!!!!! I cannot express enough how much we enjoyed having our wedding this past August in this beautiful venue. Everything was absolutely perfect. From the very first time we toured to the wedding day itself, this venue knows what they're doing and they know how to do it WELL. The space is stunning and very accommodating for COVID-friendly weddings (which was what ours was). On the wedding day, we were able to arrive at 9am (which is RARE to find) to start getting ready/setting up. Everything went seamless and all of our guests had an incredible time in the space. The staff at CWR is also outstanding, always answering emails quickly and providing important information. Amanda Woods was our coordinator and we felt sad at the end of the event knowing we wouldn't be in communication with her all the time anymore. She does an amazing job of accommodating needs and making it look easy. Couldn't recommend her coordinating services enough! Thank you, Canyonwood Ridge, for an incredible wedding. We had the best day of our lives and will recommend this place to anyone looking for a venue in Dripping Springs/Austin area!!

Sent on 09/21/2020
  • Emily

Emily Kridler · Getting married on 01/15/2021

Overall amazing!

Canyonwood Ridge was one of the first venues I looked at, and I knew it was the one instantly! Amanda was amazing, very helpful, and made us feel confident in our decision. :) I can't wait for our January wedding!

Sent on 12/06/2019
  • Lauren

lauren alvarado · Married on 10/10/2020

amazing staff

canyonwood was one of the first venues we toured after getting engaged and Amanda made us fall in love, not only with the gorgeous venue but with the staff and making us feel like they would help us plan our dream wedding. AJ the owner is very quick to respond and answered all of our questions up to signing our paperwork! we cant wait to plan our wedding there!

Sent on 02/12/2019
  • Scout

Scout Brooks · Married on 09/12/2020

Beautiful venue with even more amazing venue managers and endless support

Canyonwood Ridge is the one and only venue you should consider touring and BOOK!!! You won't regret it!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Daniel

Daniel J Hernandez · Married on 07/23/2020

Thank you CWR!

Had our vow renewal ceremony and reception at Canyonwood Ridge and couldn’t be more please with the staff and venue! Beautiful and elegant, definitely recommend for your special day.

Sent on 08/02/2020
  • Susan

Susan Wong · Married on 07/19/2020

Best wedding day ever!

I can not say enough of how amazing Canyonwood ridge venue is. Not only is the venue absolutely perfect, the staff from the venue manager to the wedding coordinator were so helpful and wonderful. Alex was my awesome coordinator. She ensured every little details were taken care of. As stressful as the last 2 weeks were Alex put my mind at ease, by managing and coordinating with all the vendors. Sure enough, on the day of the wedding, everything was perfect! The wedding went on as planned even with this crazy covid madness. The venue itself is breathtaking and all the guests had a great time. Thank you Alex again! Thank you Canyonwood Ridge for making our wedding such a special memorable day among this chaos!

Sent on 08/18/2020
  • Alisha

Alisha Mathews · Married on 06/20/2020

Made our wedding dreams come true!

I am so happy I had my wedding at Canyonwood! The staff are super friendly and the venue is gorgeous!! I had my wedding during this COVID craziness and the Canyonwood staff were able to help me place every social distancing policy imaginable to keep our guests safe.

Side note: If you go with this venue, you HAVE to hire Amanda Blue Events for your wedding planning! Their staff all work for Canyonwood Ridge and they know all the ins and outs of planning. We got Stephanie as our planner and hiring her was the best decision I made! Make sure to book in advance!

Sent on 07/24/2020
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Lynn · Married on 06/12/2020

I wish i could get married here over and over again!

Canyonwood Ridge was our DREAM venue. I wish I could get married there over and over again. The natural beauty of the hill country coupled with the large beautiful windows made for the perfect indoor chapel setting. We wanted to find a chapel with natural light and beauty to be married in, and the chapel at Canyonwood ridge was the perfect fit! There is also a drop dead gorgeous outdoor option with a stunning view, but we wanted the chapel from the beginning. Our guests used it for photo ops. The chapel has the feeling of being outside due to the huge windows and natural light, without the heat/cold/rain/ unforeseen weather chances. So it’s a great backup option if you want outside, but it was our perfect Plan A. I loved the dramatic effect of the large doors on the chapel for my reveal of walking in with my father! (My groom teared up, it was perfect.)
    The bridal suite was so cozy and clean with large mirrors for our hair and makeup team to pamper us. We were served mimosas and lounged around all morning long preparing for the ceremony. There is also a groom’s suite, which could be used for hair/makeup if you have a larger bridal party and the bride suit feels too crowded. I also used the venue for my bridal portraits. They included time for either our engagement photos or for bridals as a part of our package. I just love the oak trees and lawn for our outdoor photos, you just can’t beat the scenery for stunning photos!
    Being a covid couple, we contemplated lots of options for our wedding as the pandemic continued. We postponed our original date due to a combination of travel restrictions for family, not being able to get suits due to store closures, and overall uncertainty of the early months. The staff was amazing with helping us move our date, and we will forever be grateful they did! Amanda went above and beyond to help us postpone and secure a date. Our backup date, though a Thursday due to availability, was PERFECT. The weather, the scenery, the food, the drinks…. EVERYTHING was perfect. And YES! YOU CAN have a blast even with masks on.
    We loved the fact that they had several options for alcohol and that you could bring in your own liquor while using their beer, wine and champagne package. It was the perfect option for our crowd! We had our cocktail hour outside on the patio and the bartenders moved everything to the inside bars at the end of that hour. If you choose any of the preferred caterers for your big day, they include setup of the ceremony chairs, reception table and chairs and also cocktail hour location without added fees. They have all of the chairs and tables you need for a wedding up to I believe 300 people, so there was no need to rent any additional furniture unless you wanted a different look. We personally thought what they had on site was perfect.
    Finally, I HIGHLY recommend hiring one of the event coordinators for your wedding! We originally hired Amanda, but when we postponed she ended up having 4 weddings in a month and offered to have Stephanie take over so that we would have more personal attention. The team usually only takes a few weddings a month. They were both amazing and made our day so perfect. They are on top of everything and were always quick to answer my many questions! Their wedding planning guide and timeline was just what I needed to help plan, as I had no idea where to even begin when we got engaged.
    In conclusion, I have zero complaints and only wonderful things to say about canyonwood ridge. I highly recommend this beautiful wedding venue!

Sent on 10/18/2020

Abby DuLaney · Married on 03/20/2020

BEST Wedding Venue in Dripping Springs/Austin Area

Honestly not sure where to start! Canyonwood Ridge + staff = the most AMAZING wedding combo! If you are looking to capture the Texas hill country views and work with people who truly want to make your day uniquely special, look no further than Canyonwood Ridge. Back in March, we were forced to postpone our wedding. Amanda was INCREDIBLE in helping to ensure our new date worked for all vendors taking SO MUCH pressure off of us during such an unpredictable time. I will be writing a separate review for her because she is incredible and her coordination services were 1000% worth every penny!! We were finally married last week and it was SO worth the wait! Our friends and family are still raving about how beautiful the venue was and how safe and comfortable they felt from start to finish. Cannot stress enough how wonderful of an experience we had. So sad it's over, but excited for future brides to experience the same magic we felt at Cayonwood Ridge! We are so grateful!!

Sent on 10/13/2020

Allie · Married on 03/06/2020

Perfection in Simplicity

Canyonwood is simply beautiful! Very little extra is needed as the venue itself is GORGEOUS!!!! The staff especially Alex and Amanda are so welcoming and focused on making the process fun and enjoyable. The minute we arrived at the venue and walked in, we knew we had found the place. As part of the package, they provide chairs/tables, rehearsal time, bridal and groom suites, plan B options for rain, and one of the most beautiful unobstructed views of the hill country available! The venue is well thought out and sets any wedding day up for success. Vendor recommendations and flexibility are one of the bonuses. No regrets and would highly recommend!

Sent on 04/30/2020

Adolynn Newton · Married on 12/28/2019

The best venue

Words can’t even explain how great my experience was with Canyonwood Ridge! The staff is amazing - Amanda is quick to respond and answers any question imaginable. Stephanie was our coordinator and completely blew me away! I truly believe our day was perfect because of Steph!
    Canyonwood Ridge has everything you could want for a venue - from an adorable bridal suite, to chairs, tables and the amazing chapel for an indoor ceremony! The planning process with Canyonwood was flawless and the day of was better than we could have imagined. I’d choose Canyonwood Ridge every single time if I had to do it all over again!
    Be sure to book other vendors from their preferred vendors list to make the day even smoother. The bar packages through Canyonwood Ridge make the day easy and eliminate that stress from the planning.
    100% Canyonwood Ridge!

Sent on 01/10/2020
  • Azucena

Azucena Molina · Married on 09/26/2019

Beautiful venue!!!

Overall, great experience. They are quick to respond to any questions that you may have. The venue is beautiful and I love that you have a total of 15 hours to use the place. There are a lot of places out there that only allow for about 4hrs total time. My guests loved this venue and some commented that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to. :)

Sent on 11/25/2019

Baylee Hoffman · Married on 09/21/2019

Highly recommend

We picked Canyonwood Ridge as our wedding venue after an amazing experience with my sister's wedding 2 years prior and it lived up to all of our expectations and then some! Canyonwood is the most beautiful wedding venue I have seen! Pictures do not do it justice! AMAZING staff made our wedding day the absolute best. Every single person there goes above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect. So convenient to have ceremony and reception hall in one place- and the outside area is just as beautiful as inside. We also loved that it included all tables and chairs so there was no need for rentals. Cannot say enough good things about Amanda (venue manager and coordinator)- would not have been able to pull off our wedding day without her! HIGHLY recommend this venue!!

Sent on 02/14/2020
  • Nichole

Nichole Montalbano · Married on 09/08/2019

The BEST venue!

Canyonwood Ridge was AMAZING. 100% I would recommend booking your ceremony and reception with them. The space is absolutely beautiful - the reception hall, the chapel, and all of the outdoor spaces. It is the perfect mix of a little bit rustic and modern. Everyone who works at Canyonwood Ridge is extremely helpful and always willing to work with you and give advice. We also booked the month of wedding planner through Canyonwood Ridge, and Stephanie was our wedding coordinator! I cannot speak highly enough of her! She was FANTASTIC and thought of everything. I am so type A and detailed that it was hard for me to turn over things to anyone else, but Stephanie made it easy and seamless. She made sure that every detail I wanted went according to plan, and I couldn't have done it without her. Canyonwood Ridge is reasonably priced, gorgeous, and the best venue in Dripping Springs! Everyone who attended our wedding raved about the venue. Don't hesitate - book with Canyonwood Ridge!

Sent on 10/20/2019

JoAnn Garza · Married on 08/12/2019

Amazing Venue!

We both fell in love with the look and feel of the venue over pictures alone, but not being too naive we also wanted to have some sort of look around the place. We finally took a trip to Austin, as the venue manager Amanda had made arrangements for us to have an appointment where she took us around the venue and explained the different areas. She took us through a general run-through of what most couples do on their day but let us know they were very open to any creative ideas we had to make things a little different for our day. She really put our minds at rest and we knew even though we hadn’t seen the venue it was definitely the right place for us. During all the months leading up to the wedding, we were in contact with the venue managers. We obviously had so many questions and requests through not being able to be there physically, but they were quick to respond to all our emails and give helpful friendly advice for everything. Although our wedding was out of town, our family members supported us 100% and couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the chapel and the whole venue was! It was just amazing to hear and knew we had made such a great choice! Thankyou so much for helping us create our dream day! We highly recommend Canyonwood Ridge for your upcoming wedding!

Sent on 01/03/2020
  • Courtney

Courtney Knight · Married on 07/20/2019

Choose Canyonwood!!!!

Canyonwood Ridge was the perfect venue for us! We chose to get married in the chapel since our wedding was in the heat of the summer, and our guests were so very thankful! The venue is beautiful and the staff is absolutely amazing!! We also chose to use a wedding coordinator through Canyonwood, and Alex was incredible to work with! She thought of every detail, and asked questions I hadn’t thought of, nor would I have thought of that made the day of run so smoothly! I didn’t have to stress about a thing the day of my wedding and I am so happy we invested in a coordinator through CWR! It was by far the best money we spent throughout the entire wedding planning process! I would recommend Canyonwood Ridge to any brides looking for an amazing venue with beautiful hill country views and would 100% recommend for your sanity to get a coordinator through CWR!! We are so happy with our choice in both Canyonwood Ridge and our coordinator, Alex Hershberger!! :)

Sent on 08/23/2019
  • Yasmine

Yasmine Bargoti · Married on 07/07/2019

Great venue for hill country Views

Out of all the venues we toured for our wedding day, Canyonwood Ridge was the most beautiful and inclusive venue in my opinion. With an outdoor and indoor ceremony option that are both equally breathtaking, you can be sure that no matter the weather your wedding will have a backup plan that is just as good as plan A. The staff at CWR are all incredible people dedicated to service and helping you create the day of your dreams. In particular, Stephanie, AJ, and Amanda were all extremely helpful. The venue is also affordable when compared to venues of its calibur. The most confusing part of working with CWR is their alcohol policy- you have to hire separate bartenders from them for wine and beer and from Royal Fig for hard liquor. This lead to much confusion for me and my husband in the planning process. HOWEVER, working with AJ and with Tia from Royal Fig left me comfortable at the end of the day with the bar service and on the day of the bar service was perfect with no issues that I noticed. Everyone raved about the bartenders remembering their drink orders. Overall, CWR was the perfect location for my July wedding with views of the Hill Country and wonderful people to help my day go off without a hitch. Thank you CWR!

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Kaytee

Kaytee · Married on 06/09/2019

Best Venue, Best Value, Makes You Feel Like Family

My husband and I could not be happier or more thankful that we chose Canyonwood Ridge for our wedding ceremony and reception. The venue is breathtaking (even without any decor or floral) and the staff was incredible in helping meet our budget without sacrificing anything. Most venues charge extra for time, tables and chairs, etc., and often have a hap-hazard list of vendors they recommend, but won't connect you with. AJ (the owner) and his entire team went above and beyond to provide a list of vendors, connect us and ensure every element of our day was squared away to our exact hopes! The CWR team truly made us feel like family, and their passion and care goes FAR beyond a simple venue rental.

Furthermore, COORDINATION SERVICES! I am an event planner by profession. Along with that, I'd say I'm hyper-organized and a detailed planner, so when I came to a day-of/month-of coordinator I initially said, "Thanks, but no thanks." Man, I could not be happier I spoke with Amanda (lead venue coordinator) prior to ruling this option out. This investment was THE MOST important one we made for our wedding , and I would recommend hiring through CWR one million times over.

Lydia Simmons was our assigned coordinator, and she was the perfect fit. She is a hyper-organized wonder woman, and we couldn't be more grateful for all she did not only on our day, but in the weeks leading up to our wedding. I was stressed with family and 100 events, and she remained calm and collected. Her professionalism, bubbly personality and true care for us was felt in everything she did. She is are AMAZING, and I'm looking for ways we can work together again in the future hehehehe.

Sent on 06/29/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Jallad · Married on 05/31/2019

Beautiful Texas Venue

When my husband and I were looking for a venue, we wanted something not only affordable, but something that really said "this is Texas" yet was elegant enough and could hold its own without much added decorations. That is exactly what we found with Canyonwood Ridge (CWR). We immediately fell in love with our venue. Not only were they reasonably priced, but the view outdoors and the indoor chapel were gorgeous! The architecture of the place itself is so beautiful, that if you were to not put up any decorations at all, the venue would still look AMAZING all on its own. AJ, Stephanie and Amanda along with the rest of the CWR staff are also awesome. They make preparing for your wedding day super easy and they are also very flexible. We loved that we were not forced to go with certain vendors such as catering, if we booked through CWR. But everything they offer will make you want to go with their own liquor package, their amazing month of coordinators, and their preferred vendors. We received SO MANY compliments on the venue itself the day of the wedding. So many of our guests kept taking photos outside of themselves with the beautiful back drop. No matter what happens, be it a sunny or a rainy day, both ceremony options are stunning. CWR was also very accommodating the day of the wedding, allowing us access since 9am for no extra charge which allowed us time to set up the venue and bring over any decorations we needed. They also provided us with a bartender to serve us our mimosas while the ladies and I got our hair and make up done on site. I was so at ease and super stress free the day of our wedding due to CWR and our amazing month of coordinator we booked through CWR, Stephanie. She is so sweet and took care of everything the day of the wedding. If something was going to go wrong, Stephanie made sure it didnt or she found a solution. My husband and I were tremendously happy with our choice in CWR and we are sad our wedding day is over. My husband, and our families said we should book them for another major family event one day, just so we can experience the venue and its beauty all over again. I cannot say enough good things about CWR but it really is a hidden treasure on a hill. Thank you to CWR and all the staff for making my husband and I's wedding day that much more special!

Sent on 08/20/2019
  • Valerie

Valerie · Married on 05/04/2019

Canyonwood Ridge was our dream venue and an amazing experience!

We struck gold when we decided to go with Canyonwood Ridge for our venue. We planned our wedding from out of state and honestly were looking for an all inclusive package, we only toured venues with this option but somehow included CWR without realizing they didn't offer this option. I'm so incredibly grateful that we made this mistake! Alex showed us around the incredible venue and it took our breathe away - my fiancé turned to me and said 'this is the place' almost immediately. It was out of our 'original' budget and didn't offer the packages we were looking for but we knew immediately this was where we wanted to be! The venue offers incredible views, a breathtaking chapel, large reception space, and both a bridal suite (so chic!) and grooms room. We also opted to hire Alex as our coordinator and she was absolutely incredible! Even though I was out of state, she was always easy to contact and was so helpful through the whole process. The day of, I didn't have to do anything but sit back and relax with my girls - it was the best day and so stress free! She made sure going into the day that she understood my vision and handled everything like a true pro. Thank you so much, Alex, for all of your hard work! We have received so many compliments from our family and friends and our day was absolutely perfect. I highly recommend Canyonwood Ridge

Sent on 06/09/2019

Shelby Kohlhoff · Married on 03/30/2019

Best Day Ever!

I cannot say enough good things about our wedding venue and our coordinator Amanda. Our wedding was everything we dreamed of and more. Being able to have the venue all day made everything go so smoothly. We had a guest list of 270 people and we still had plenty of space. We had our ceremony outside and the view is to die for. Then we did cocktail in the chapel and had our reception in the reception hall. Everything flowed seamlessly. Amanda also was a huge part of that. She was what made our day so stress free. We looked at a lot of venues and got a lot of quotes. I am so happy we chose Canyonwood Ridge they didn’t try to throw in any hidden fees. They allowed us to use the space for engagement photos. Also one of the biggest things I’m grateful for is the communication on both the venue and Amanda. They were so helpful and always responded in a timely manner. I would highly recommend Canyonwood Ridge and Amanda for coordination.

Sent on 09/04/2019

Anna Broderick · Married on 01/11/2019

Gorgeous!

GORGEOUS venue! We absolutely loved having our wedding here! Not only is the venue itself stunning but they have an beautiful view of the hill country! Plus the Canyonwood team is amazing!! All of the employees are extremely knowledgeable and great to work with!

Sent on 12/19/2019

A. Moore · Married on 12/18/2018

Use THIS venue!! You won't regret it.

Top notch/gorgeous facility with a top notch staff.
    I emailed the venue about one of their venue managers Stephanie, but it is worth sharing a review on here as well. "Just wanted to drop a note and THANK YOU for all your help at the wedding last night. You are incredibly gifted in your job!! You are so kind to all and eager to help in any/every situation. I know that you greatly impact every single wedding that you help manage. Keep on being a blessing to all the brides that you come into contact with, because you make their day even sweeter and more perfect than they could have imagined!!
    Thanks again!!!"

Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 12/07/2018

All around great people to work with. It looks like a chapel without being religious. Everyone complimented the venue saying it was gorgeous.

Everyone was talking about the venue, say how beautiful and what a great choice we made. The people working are AMAZING we hired coordination through them and it was SO worth it. They have you answer so many questions that you didnt even think about! Loved the place and the people!

Sent on 12/09/2018
  • KENDRA

KENDRA · Married on 10/05/2018

The Best Experience

Let me start of by saying that this venue is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so glad that we chose this venue for our wedding and I was not budging otherwise. No other venue compares to how beautiful the venue and the scenery is at Canyonwood Ridge. What was also great is the staff there are amazing!! We worked with Lydia and AJ and the rest of the staff there were so great and communicative throughout the whole process from beginning to end! They helped on the day of with making sure everything was just how we wanted it and were willing to make any changes when necessary. I would choose this venue again and again. Definitely worth the pretty penny!!

Sent on 11/05/2018