Canyon Catering Reviews

28 Reviews for Canyon Catering

• Melanie

Melanie · Married on 02/22/2020

Guests were Happy

The food and appetizers were so good; people were talking about how the entrees tasted so good and that the appetizers were just as great. I cannot recommend this company enough.

Sent on 02/24/2020

Canyon Catering's reply:

Congratulations Melanie and Aaron!

Thank you for taking the time to send us a great review. We are happy we were part of your special day.
  • User4522509 · Recently married

We were beyond pleased with the food quality and presentation that Canyon Catering provided for our event. Nick, Sophia & Jackie were all very involved in our tasting and wedding day process- we were so grateful that they just went with the flow when we had to make some last-minute changes.

We were a little concerned that our venue would be difficult for them but they absolutely made it work and had no complaints about parking or set-up.

Thank you all for your hard work and helpful tips to make our day so special!

Sent on 11/03/2014
  • Corinne

Corinne · Married on 07/06/2019

Excellent Service and Amazing Quality!

Canyon Catering was wonderful! Christina was great. They provided our dinner, alcohol, dessert and rentals. Their service day of was wonderful and everyone couldn't stop talking about how great the food was! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Javier Morales · Married on 03/30/2019

Excellent food and value delivered in a professional manner!

Sandy Cooper and Maggie McDowell worked with us to plan a menu that fit our needs. The Canyon Catering Staff was on time and set up the room based on our request. The food was delicious and served in a very professional manner. Overall, Canyon Catering exceeded our expectations and was a great value !

Sent on 04/08/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 03/23/2019

SO professional - and delicious!

We love Canyon Catering!! We could not have been happier with our experience. The food was absolutely delicious and Lin specifically was SO helpful, accommodating, and made us feel like family. Everything went seamlessly from the food to the drinks to setting up the reception, and clean up. Hire them for your event!!

Sent on 03/29/2019

Danny Kemp · Married on 08/25/2018

Canyon Catering Fantastic

Great tasting food with a ton of options. Excellent service. Good pricing. The tasting was just us as opposed to some group tastings. Guests were raving about the short ribs, deserts, and appetizers for days after the wedding. The staff had timing perfect, were friendly, and handled any last minute requests.

Sent on 10/17/2018

Janice · Married on 06/16/2018

Our contact was Christina, who worked our wedding from the beginning of the tasting process before we had decided to use Canyon, our site walkthrough, telephone calls and text messages, and the actual execution of the wedding. It was a joy to work with her every single time.

Canyon’s team was great the day of our wedding. They had worked our venue before, but they were fully prepared in advance through walkthroughs and conversations with our planner. Our venue had extremely finicky requirements of all the vendors, but Canyon had no problem satisfying those and keeping them happy. Food was great, the service was wonderful, and I felt like they were the most comprehensive set of food and service for our price point. I heard from guests that they were extremely good about bringing by hors d'oeurves and wine. Absolutely great and worth every penny.

They were also very nice and attentive in general. We had a different vendor show up late because of traffic, and the man was sweating incredibly profusely because he began running around setting things up when he arrived. Canyon has such attentive people that one of their servers came by with a stack of napkins so he could dry himself off. It was a really nice and thoughtful thing to do for a man in dire need.

Christina even wrote us a thank you note after thanking us for the gratuity we left, every cent of which was well deserved. Highly, highly recommended.

Sent on 09/15/2018

Jade · Married on 10/07/2017

I cannot gush enough about my love of Canyon Catering. They catered our wedding in October and were absolutely AMAZING! The food was extraordinary and they tailored the menu to our very specific requests. They even contacted the restaurant for my favorite dish so that they could perfectly recreate it for miniature appetizers. You know how people always tell you that you won't get to eat at your wedding? Not with Canyon Catering. They had plates for us right away and saved us a tray of appetizers so we didn't have to miss out on them! The food was phenomenal, their service staff was exceptional, and the price could not be beat! (And trust me, we looked around a lot!) The fact that they were able to craft a menu perfectly for us was so important and really just made the whole experience a dream. These guys delivered fantastic passed hors d'oeuvres and a flawless dinner with perfectly timed service. I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 12/14/2017

Allison · Married on 07/01/2017

Before our wedding, my experience with wedding food was that it was not that great. Definitely NOT the case with Canyon Catering. We had a large-er guest count at 220, so it was recommended that we serve the food Buffet Style. People went back for seconds and thirds!

We opted for the country style BBQ with tri-tip/pulled pork/chicken with baked beans, mac n cheese, creamed corn, corn bread and southwest caesar salad. All leftovers were sent home with us, and anything that was leftover was gone by the end of the night at our after party! So many guests complimented on how great the food was.

Christina Cooper is an angel and so amazing to work with! She was always very helpful in answering our questions and so responsive to make any changes we needed.

Thank you Canyon Catering for helping make our day so amazing!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Kalli · Married on 03/25/2017

The food was amazing! Christine was so helpful and made sure that we got everything we wanted for our day when it came to the food. She was always willing to work with me on my changes and walked us through everything at our venue when it came to the catering part.

Sent on 10/26/2017

Rhona · Married on 10/15/2016

The team at Canyon Catering is simply the best. Christina was our go-to and she's the true definition of professionalism. She was on top of everything from start to finish. She was so responsive, flexible, detail oriented and simply a joy to work with. It's so difficult to get the food right in these large settings but it was so important for us that the food be delicious and not your run-of-the-mill wedding food that wedding guests have come to expect and accept. Our food tasted as delicious on our wedding day as it did at our tasting. Our guests were, and still are, raving about the food, the service and the presentation.

Sent on 11/09/2016

I can't say enough good things about Canyon Catering, so let me just put the bottom line upfront: they will cook you whatever you want, and it will taste amazing, and your family and friends will still be raving about it by the time you write your own review.

I started planning my reception menu with Christina Cooper ten months before the big day. When other catering companies were barely interested in forwarding me their menu, she exchanged 43 emails with me before we even met for the tasting. She listened to me while I rambled about food, myself, my fiance...as I changed my mind about our proposal half a dozen times--and then changed it back. All before she was sure we were going to book! The rest of my wedding plans often had me overwhelmed, but whenever I spoke to Christina, I felt reassured that her team had it all under control and my food was going to be amazing. You want breakfast at your reception? You got it. You want mini chicken and waffle appetizers? They make those. (With maple bourbon butter!) You read a baking blog post once about a three-tier tower of cinnamon rolls in lieu of wedding cake, and you want the team to meet to estimate the cost of such a creation? ...okay I admit no one is going to want that but me, but regardless, Canyon Catering did it!

Feeding your entire troupe of family and friends is expensive. But it doesn't have to be painfully expensive! All those times of me changing my mind and then changing it back? That was me going "oh God we can't pay for that" and then Christina working some magic until we had what we wanted without cringing at the price. The last time this happened was a mere 5 days before the wedding, when we settled on tray-passed mimosas so that we wouldn't have to pay for a bar tender and bar setup. Five days before the wedding, and no one broke a sweat.

So anyway (long story short) book Canyon Catering. You won't regret it.

Sent on 03/21/2016

Kelsey · Married on 12/05/2015

Sofia and the Canyon Catering team are the best of the best! We used Canyon Catering for our wedding at Retro Ranch in Temecula and we are so glad we did. Everyone is still talking about the food. From the very first email Sofia was professional, kind, informative and helpful. She helped us plan the perfect meal from appetizers through late night munchies. I can't say enough nice things about Sofia, Nick, their team and every ounce of food at our wedding. We were worried that the delicious food we tried at our tasting would not be as good at the wedding but that's was far from the truth. Do yourself a favor a get the mini chicken and waffles! I'm still craving them a month later. Thank you Canyon Catering for being the best part of our wedding! Xoxo

Sent on 01/06/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/19/2015

What can't I say about Canyon Catering! They were simply amazing! Answering all of my million questions. They were so accommodating setting up all of my plateware just how I wanted. Now the food! That still has people talking! It was delicious! Oh my goodness everything was amazing!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Herbert · Married on 09/18/2015

If you're going to get married in the Southern California area choose Canyone Catering! Their food...their service...their...let's just say everything they did was class all the way. First the tasting...they let you try some tasty treats. It'll make things tough cause you'll want to have everything at your reception. We worked with Nick, Sofia, and Mark Anthony. Everyone we dealt with was understanding, flexible, knowledgeable, and just easy to work with. They'll help you figure out what works with your budget. And then it all leads to the wedding day. Everyone that I've heard from said they loved the appetizers and then loved the main course. All in all Canyon Catering was a vendor we didn't have to stress about in the least bit. We chose Canyon Catering because I had tried their food on two separate occasions when my boss hired them to cater company functions. Every time these guys deliver!

Sent on 10/03/2015

Kristen · Married on 07/11/2015

Nick and Sofia were so helpful with planning the food for our wedding! They started by having a tasting at my parents house so my in laws, finance, and family could experience the food together! Throughout the process we had to make some changes and they were willing to do whatever we wanted without any problem. They were both so easy to work with and created custom desserts that I asked for. On wedding day we got many compliments on how great the food was and especially the desserts!! They also provided our bartenders who did such a great job of making sure every guest got proper attention while waiting for a drink. Without their help our wedding would not have been so successful; of course drinks and food are two of the most important components of a good wedding :)

Sent on 07/30/2015

Megan · Married on 06/28/2015

AMAZING!!! I really can't say enough great things about Canyon Catering. From my first conversation with Nick over the phone to email communications with Sofia to our in home tasting and of course, the big event--our wedding, Canyon Catering was truly the best. Professional, friendly, fantastic quality of food, and affordable! Working with Sofia was easy and stress free. She went above and beyond in all areas to ensure our wedding was exactly what we wanted and then some. Not only was the food at our wedding great tasting, Canyon Catering took time to focus on personal details that were important to us and make them happen. All of the guests I spoke to mentioned how great the food was! On top of the food being personal and tasty, Sofia made sure all the details that needed to be taken care of were including linens, china wear, and full service staffing. We elected to bring our own alcohol to our wedding, but Canyon took care of the bartender and the bar set up which included ice and cups for all of our guests. I could go on and on about how great our experience with Sofia and Nick from Canyon Catering was, but bottomline is they are the BEST!

Sent on 07/16/2015

Donnelle · Married on 05/24/2015

In my opinion, all guests REALLY care about at a wedding is 1.) Was the music good? and 2.) Was the food good? Canyon will knock it out of the park with the latter. We went down to Anaheim for our tasting a few months ago (but they offered to come TO OUR APARTMENT and cook for us there...who DOES that?! We declined because our place is tiny, but that's awesome!!!). The tasting was held at Keno's, and we had our own private deck in the back in which to peacefully taste everything. We tried both their create-your-own pasta options and a chicken option. For cocktail hour, we sampled their Mediterranean platter, including 3 kinds of hummus, 3 kinds of bruschetta, and tons of fresh grilled and marinated veggies. Guys, this platter is GORGEOUS, it's a rainbow feast for the eyes and will truly impress your guests. Sooooo delicious.

The salads we had (a Caesar, an elevated Caesar, and the candied pear salad) were phenomenal. We were blown away by the candied pear salad and had to have it on our wedding menu. The candied fennel mashed potatoes almost made us cry they were so tasty and sweet. But ultimately we had to go with the create-your-own pasta option because we loved how every guest would truly get to create a meal they wanted (and their alfredo sauce is killerrrrrr!) The desserts we sampled were also delicious, but we just wanted to go with a cake, but if you're in the mood for mini desserts instead, these are SERIOUSLY great and not at all bland like a lot of place serve when it comes to mini desserts.

You'll also get to talk to their designer, who will help coordinate their dishware and serving set-up to complement your wedding's style. Stephen and Molly were fantastic coordinators, always very helpful and responsive any time I had questions.

On the day of the event, everything went so smoothly, all I heard is everyone telling me "Hey, your food is really good!" Well thank you everyone! And the biggest thank you to Canyon Catering.

Sent on 05/31/2015

Jennette · Married on 02/14/2015

We were extremely pleased and impressed with the Canyon Catering team. Sofia and Nick especially were extremely helpful in providing recommendations, suggestions, and guidance to help us achieve our ideal for the food that was served at our wedding--within budget as well. There were several special touches they pulled off--from recreating 2 kinds of family recipe brownies to serving late-night sliders and tacos. The execution and presentation were pulled off perfectly and they were unbelievably accommodating to our special requests. And at the end of the night they even made sure to package up all our food so that our families could enjoy the leftovers the next day.

There was such attention to detail. And Sofia was so good at taking the time to brainstorm with me during the planning phase. We felt very at ease with having them as our wedding caterer. They have some of the best food at very reasonable prices. I'd recommend them again to anyone. Thanks Canyon Team!

Sent on 01/31/2016

justin · Married on 09/20/2014

Where do I even begin?!? I have worked with Canyon Catering for over 5 years now and they have always been our preferred catering company. When I got engaged I knew right off the bat I wanted to use them and it was the BEST decision ever!!

My now husband is the PICKIEST eater ever, and when we did our tasting the smile that came across his face gave away the fact that he LOVED the food! It was no different at our wedding! Sofia & Nick came up with customized appetizers that included fried chicken & mash potatoes and a grilled cheese with tomato soup shooter! For dinner we had BBQ, and it was DELISH!! The first thing our guests told us were how amazing the food was!! Even our biggest foodies went back for seconds!! We were over the moon with guests feedback!

Not only was the food beyond delicious, Canyon Catering is the BEST to work with. Emails are returned in less than 24 hours, and everyone is so friendly. Each person truly cares about their client. We worked with Sofia and Nick, and both made sure our day was nothing less than perfect.
    I can't sing Canyon Catering's praises enough! Special thank you to, Sofia for her immediate responses (and patience!) and the fact that she is so genuine and caring. And to Nick for his awesome food ideas!

Thank you Canyon for making our wedding day the BEST day of our life. Myself and Pure Lavish Events will continue to refer them as our preferred Catering Company to clients, family & friends!

Sent on 09/29/2014
  • User4221991 · 2+ years ago

Where to start?! Canyon Catering was AMAZING. The food was delicious, the service was excellent, everything about them is wonderful. I was worried about having a backyard wedding and bringing everything in, including rentals. Nick and Ariel helped me so much throughout the entire process and handled every single rental for me. Nick also came out to the house and did a tasting for our family, talk about customer service!
    We contacted a few other catering companies in Orange County and they either couldn't be bothered to return our call, or wanted us to come to their restaurant, which didn't have an opening for 3 months. I am SO happy I picked Canyon Catering, and people are still talking about how amazing the food was. Nick and a server even helped me with my dress right before I walked down the aisle, it's the tiny details where they went above and beyond that really make a difference. If there were a few hiccups during the day, I don't even know about them because Nick literally took care of everything (I didnt have a coordinator) and worked with my other Vendors to make sure the day went smoothly. Nick also brought my hubby and I a plate of food to make sure we ate, and brought us drinks. We decided no on the mashed potato bar (sadly!) so he brought a serving just for me since he knew I loved them.
    In a world of over-priced wedding vendors, their pricing was the best around, and he even packed us a bridal snackbox with mini champagne bottles! I could go on for days about Nick and his staff, thank you for making my day PERFECT!!!

Sent on 07/03/2014

Kim · Married on 06/21/2014

Christina and Stephen brought us delicious food and went above and beyond in terms of responsiveness before the wedding and taking fabulous care of us on the day of. We didn't hire a wedding planner and with great partners like canyon catering, and our excellent DJ and photographers, we didn't need one. Stephen stepped up and helped us with things that had nothing to do with food. Their goal at Canyon is to make your day special and they certainly did that for us!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Canyon Catering's reply:

Hi Kim!
    Thank you so much for taking the time to review! I'll always remember Diane & Nick's wedding since it was our first @ Coto Valley Country Club! Looking forward to our next event together!
    -Christina

Lauren · Married on 04/26/2014

I absolutely LOVED Canyon Catering!! We used them for our wedding on April 26, 2014. Both Nick and Ariel were fantastic in helping our wedding day dreams become a reality. From the in home tasting, to the site visit, to the last minute emails back and forth Canyon Catering went above and beyond. They had no problem whatsoever catering out in Temecula even though they are an OC based business. They were very professional at the wedding and timely. They were also nice and fun at the same time while planning the whole wedding. The smallest details were not forgotten, and they made sure all our needs were met. Even if that meant last minute drinks before headed down the aisle or meeting the wedding party right after with drinks and appetizers during pictures, it was all the little details that helped make the big picture perfect. The food was delicious and catered exactly how we wanted it, we got many compliments on the choice of caterer. Even the food tables and drink tables were decorated to match the look and style of our wedding. You will NOT be disappointed in Canyon Catering. I would hire them again in the blink of an eye. They worked with us on all the aspects, as we did already have linens which we purchased ourselves they worked with us to make sure that they had everything else. Even setting the head table differently than the others. I could go in to so many details about how great Canyon Catering was. Above and Beyond is what they are all about and it shows greatly. They truly care about each of their brides and want to make it everything each bride has ever dreamed of. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 08/20/2014

Kaylin · Married on 03/08/2014

Canyon Catering was so amazing. They took such great care to make every detail perfect. Nick brought tastings to my parents home so we could experience the food. The chef loves to create menus to fit your theme. The food was so delish that our guests are still talking about it.
    Sophia was my hero. She took all my crazy calls leading up to the wedding and took charge of the space the day of the wedding.
    Everything from bartenders to servers from linens to cake cutting Canyon Catering showed themselves to be professional and worthy of a high recommendation.

Sent on 04/08/2014

Milly · Married on 09/21/2013

Canyon Catering just may be OC’s best kept secret…they catered my backyard wedding professionally and seemingly effortlessly. The crew, all dressed so impeccably, came in and set up in our garage with clean, new equipment – it was well-staffed so as not to leave guests waiting for hand-passed appetizers whilst someone out back was still cooking. The menu selection is just the right size – not overwhelming as with other caterers I interviewed. They truly know what they do best….I will call it “comfort food with a heavy dose of Style and Flair”. Witness exhibit A, Pulled Pork and Wasabi mashed potatoes. Wow. Attention to detail is superb – even when they do use plastic, it’s silver colored or square shaped and makes a statement on it’s own. Nick, the Director, coordinates everything flawlessly and is clearly a Foodie himself which makes the whole experience so darn fun. He prides himself on being able to help be the “one stop solution” – he’s got great reasonable contacts for rental tables, chairs, even linens. He came to our home and conducted tastings that were nothing short of amazing.
    And, oh, let me mention that they were also the most reasonably priced caterer I interviewed. The team showed up early and left late (without adding on extra labor fees). Nick’s young staff served like the 30 year pros you see in the fanciest of the restaurants when being a waiter was truly a lifelong career. We got SO much more than we paid for. They cleaned up impeccably upon leaving and packed up all the leftovers for me in neat boxes, all beautifully labeled.
    Book them now or forever cry in your beer.

Sent on 11/18/2013