Canvas Weddings and Events Reviews

37 | American Fork, UT

37 Reviews for Canvas Weddings and Events

Michelle A. · Getting married on 01/07/2022

Very comfortable

It was so easy working with them. I immediately felt comfortable. It was so nice to relax on the day of the wedding and know that they had everything handled!

Sent on 08/18/2020
  • HARPER

Harper B. · Married on 05/01/2021

Best decision we made!

Do yourself a favor and stop looking anywhere else and book Cydney with Canvas for your wedding RIGHT NOW! Best decision we made was having her be our wedding planner. She will exceed all expectations you think you have in a wedding planner. She will drop anything for you, she will put so much care into your event the day of, but really she was such a gift to guide us through the planning process leading up to our event date. She truly cares and loves what she does! It shines through.
    There will be some stress because duh you're planning an event that involves a lot of people and dynamics, but she will make it fun, easier and take the weight off of you so that you can still enjoy the process and not feel overwhelmed.
    Trust me, things will come up that you never expected or planned for and she was that unbiased filter to go to when i wasn't sure what to do. She was there with compassion when i needed to cry, but was also there to be my strength and worker bee to put in the work to shift gears and get the job done. And not just get it done, but get it done the right way - she never lost sight of the vision we wanted for our wedding - even when we had to completely scratch our original wedding venue and city only 2 months out from our date. We made it happen and honestly could not have had a better wedding.
    She worked well with other vendors and was able to put together great people that would surround us for our event, which makes sense because she is truly a great person of character herself.
    I can not put enough emphasis on the value of a planner, you may be the best party planner in the world, but when it comes to your own personal event let someone else take the reigns for you. There will be times you just want to go to someone with advice or questions that will be disconnected from your close circle and give it to you straight with only you and your fiances best intentions at heart. She reminded me always that it was 'our wedding' and to make every decision based off of what me and my fiance wanted. This will be very helpful along the way, especially if you're a people pleaser and love to involve all your family and friends in everything. It may feel scary to let go of control and trust someone else with one of the most important days of your life, but do yourself a favor and allow yourself the gift of being a guest at your wedding.
    Cydney took so much time to get to know my fiance, now husband, and I leading up to our wedding that I felt so comfortable completely letting go on the day of. I knew she would handle it all + she did. I can honestly say that we had the BEST wedding weekend ever and we owe so much of that to Cydney. She guided us through all our wedding decision making that I had zero regrets come day of and I seriously just let go and was so present come the day of. I'm quite a Type A personality and she was able to earn my trust where I honestly could let go and enjoy myself! Not an easy job for someone haha She is so kind, but also a boss to speak up, get it done and apologize later. She is there for you as her top priority the whole way. Happy to call her our wedding planner, but now a great friend. 110% recommend her to anyone with any event they need a planner for.

Sent on 06/04/2021
  • Brynn

Brynn T. · Married on 12/09/2020

DIY Bride so grateful to find a coordinator willing to understand her vision!

We didn't plan on hiring a coordinator. I (the bride) love planning events and fancy myself pretty organized -- we did a lot of the work ourselves. But it became clear that I was going to need a little extra help and didn't want to be to stressed on our wedding day! Erin took the time to really get to know our vision to ensure and that put me at ease almost immediately. She was incredibly responsive throughout (which was super helpful through multiple Covid changes) and really took charge on the day of our wedding ensuring that everything was how it needed to be. I would recommend Erin and her team to any bride (especially those who think they've got it all under control)! Let them help -- it's 100% worth it in the end!

Sent on 09/15/2020

Kristen C. · Married on 11/14/2020

The Greatest Wedding Assest

Words cannot describe how incredibly grateful I am that I hired Cydney with Canvas Weddings & Events. 2 1/2 months ago, my now husband, decided to plan a wedding. With not much time and not knowing where to start I knew I needed a wedding planner who did well under pressure and someone I could trust. After an hour on our initial phone conversation, I hired Cydney. What I imagined she was capable of doing versus what she did was nothing shy of absolute perfection (and in my mind a miracle).
    Her professionalism, communication, network of vendors, and hands on approach had my wedding literally almost planned within 2-3 weeks. I trusted her so much that once I gave her my wedding “vision” I told her to make any decisions independent of me that she thought was best. On the most important day of my life, Cydney executed our wedding beyond any comprehension. After I hired her, she said to me: “do not worry, do not stress, and do not think about anything else on your wedding day other than getting married.” I took her advice and I let her do her job. I never stressed, I didn’t think about much, and the day of our wedding the only thing I focused on was marrying my husband. Cydney and her team was the best money I spent on our wedding and she was the biggest asset throughout the planning process and on our wedding day. Her attention to detail, understanding, comfort, promptness, etc. is something I can’t fully express in words. She never made us feel like we were inconveniencing her with last minute and ever changing guest counts, meal changes, seating charts, etc. She simply just always understood us, was ALWAYS VERY QUICK to respond and she was so graceful in doing so. She was so much more than just a wedding planner. She was a friend, a sister, (essentially) a Maid of Honor, and when needed—sometimes a therapist. I would hire her 100 times over.

Sent on 11/18/2020
  • Chelsea

Chelsea F. · Married on 11/08/2020

The best of the best

I absolutely LOVE Canvas Weddings and Events!!! I've had the pleasure of working with them more than once and they make every event just so beautiful and smooth! Rachel is so organized, and fun to work with. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 12/16/2019
  • Nathalie

Nathalie G. · Married on 07/24/2020

Such an amazing experience!!

I don’t know what I would have done without Canvas Wedding and Design! I started working with Rachel about a year ago when I first started planning my Utah destination wedding. Rachel has impeccable taste, and every vendor recommendation she made was amazing, which is especially important with an out of town bride. Rachel is so organized, creative, and kind she was amazing to work with! She always answered her emails quickly and we had frequent phone chats. I have zero wedding planning experience and Rachel handled every detailed and kept us on track with everything. We had the wedding basically all planned out, then COVID-19 happened. A month and a half before the wedding the venue where we were having both the ceremony and reception cancelled! Within a few hours Rachel had another reception site. The next day she drove out to Park City and FaceTimed me the new ceremony site and reception site. Every obstacle that was thrown at us Rachel handled with grace. The wedding turned out more amazing than I could have ever imagined! I was so relaxed the whole day Bc she took care of every detail. I didn’t have to worry about a thing! She took my vision and literally made my wedding dreams a reality!! If you’re looking for an amazing wedding planner look no further than Canvas Wedding and events- you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/31/2020

Canvas Weddings and Events's reply:

Nathalie,
    Thank you so much for all the kind words! You were such a wonderful client and made my job so easy. Thank you for letting me be apart of such a perfect day! XOXO

Scarlett · Married on 07/17/2020

They are a amazing team I would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 03/06/2017

Sierra D. · Married on 11/23/2019

I couldn’t have made it through without Erin! She truly made my dream wedding a reality!

Erin was absolutely amazing! I couldn’t have made it through the wedding without her! She allowed me to relax as a bride, and my family as well! She took care of everything and everyone! I had ZERO worries because of her!! Not only the night of but leading up to it, she took care of everything! Highly recommend it!

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Laurel

Laurel · Married on 09/28/2019

Erin was phenomenal!

I didn't initially think I would need a wedding planner, but hiring Erin was probably the best wedding planning decision we made. My husband and I are both very laid back and didn't know much about the specifics of a wedding. Erin was able to break down what actually needed to be planned or decided upon, what was fair game to leave out, presented decisions in an easy to digest manner, and totally managed the wedding day.
    Her management of the vendors, weather preparations, family, and other logistics was huge. My husband and I had a leisurely morning, separated around 1 to get ready, and I was walking down the aisle around 5. Besides the question of do you want to continue the ceremony if there is light rain, I didn't really have to worry about anything on my wedding day. Everything felt easy and relaxed and that is definitely attributed to Erin's work.

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Megan

Megan M. · Married on 09/27/2019

Wedding planner

Half way through my wedding planning process we decided we needed someone to really pull everything together and get everything in order. My mom found Rachel through their website and she was AMAZING!! She went above and beyond and made all my dreams a reality. We are so happy we had her to help our big day run so smooth. I definitely recommend hiring her!

Sent on 01/21/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda P. · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing Wedding Coordinators for our Utah Wedding

I do not have enough wonderful words for Erin and Canvas Wedding and Events. We had our wedding in Park City, but we live in Houston so at some point during our planning process we realized life would be easier with a day-of wedding planner. Erin went above and beyond! She helped me find and get quotes from all of our remaining vendors. She hooked me up with amazing Hair / Makeup stylist as well as my florist. Both of these people matched the style of our wedding perfectly! Not to mention she helped me with all of the details that I would never have thought of – would I like a table at the outdoor venue location to put the rings on, and would I need a carpet since it had rained the night before. And she helped set everything up at our reception venue / took everything down for us which allowed us to just enjoy our day completely with friends and family. I HIGHLY recommend Erin and her team to anyone who is looking for someone who will care as much about your wedding as you do.

Sent on 11/03/2019

Meghan R. · Married on 08/17/2019

The Best There Is!

I can't say enough good things about Canvas Wedding and Events and Rachel! All the vendors she connected us with were great and on budget and our rehearsal, ceremony, abd reception were so easeful bc Rachel handled everything!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Shalee B. · Married on 03/09/2019

Canvas Weddings made my vision come to life!

Being in school and work full time while trying to plan a wedding in only a couple months is stressful!! Erin took SO much off my plate and I honestly would have gone insane without her constant help through everything. She has great style and fresh ideas — plus she’s so sweet! I wouldn’t trust anybody else to plan my special day.

Sent on 04/02/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 12/07/2018

If I could give Canvas Wedding and Events 10 stars, I would!!

My now husband and I had planned a small destination wedding out in Park City Utah. As the wedding day got closer, we stressed about all the last minute details, and how we were going to coordinate all the decorations, guests, vendors, etc. the day of.

We found Rachel at Canvas and she immeditaly took all of our stress away!! Hiring her was by far the best decision we made for our wedding; investment worth making!! We put a lot of time, money, and heart into planning the perfect wedding for us, and It would not have gone as perfectly as it did, If we didn't have Rachel there to Coordinate our day, and the weeks leading up to it. She asked vendor questions I didn't know to ask. She replied immediately to emails, phone calls, and was super sweet and easy to work with.

Long story short, we HIGHLY recommend Canvas Wedding and Events for your big day. :)

Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/10/2018

They totally Rock!!

Hands down, the best experience I could have wished for. Cydney handled every detail for me, from our intimate destination wedding up in Sedona to our backyard reception with 150 people. There wasn't a detail that was missed, no stress, no pressure and just all around amazing in every way. If you need the ulimate, trustworty, read your mind planner, Canvas Wedding and Cyndey are a blessing to be had!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Ashley · Married on 09/22/2018

I could not be more happy with my experience! Rachel was a miracle worker! She made my whole day perfect and took care of every detail. Choose Canvas!!! You will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Morgan · Married on 08/25/2018

Rachel was so accommodating and helpful from the very minute we started working together. She went above and beyond and took care of every detail we talked about, and of course anticipated a few other things. I completely trusted her along the way and everything turned out perfectly because of her time and effort. She was easy going and flexible, but I knew she had everything under control.

I would highly recommend Rachel, she was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 08/29/2018

Kimberly · Married on 08/08/2018

Erin made our day stress free and wonderful! We were able to show up and enjoy every moment without thinking about the details because she had a solution and a plan for everything. We used Canvas Wedding and Events to help with the decor, flowers, transportation, catering, and to keep us on schedule the day of the wedding. Our venue was decorated exactly how our daughter envisioned and the flowers were perfect. In the months prior to the wedding (and prior to our TWO receptions in different states), Erin was receptive and attentive to our needs. We always knew that we were in good hands and that the receptions and the wedding day events would run smoothly. We are so grateful for all of Erin's attention to the details and for making our daughter's day one to remember! We can highly recommend using Canvas Weddings and Events because of the professionalism and creativity Erin brings to any event.

Sent on 08/10/2018

Mary · Married on 07/30/2018

Erin was amazing! She helped me stay calm and on track with the wedding planning. She had great ideas for times when I wasn't sure what to do. Every vendor she recommended was great and everything ran smoothly. At the last minute I decided we needed a little more decorations so I bought some garlands and Erin cut them up and laid them out for me on the tables beautifully while I got ready. The wedding day we had nothing to worry about but getting married, Erin took care of the rest and thought of every detail. She even packed up some leftovers from the buffet and put them in the car for us along with all out other belongings. We were super grateful to have that food once we arrived at the hotel. It was absolutely worth the cost so I could enjoy this special day with no stress.

Sent on 08/15/2018

Kylie · Married on 07/28/2018

Amazing! We couldn’t have possibly picked someone better. It’s a tough process to go on a limb to pick someone up don’t know for such an important life event, but Erin & team blew us away. Each and every time my husband and I spoke to her on the phone, we felt calm and confident! The big day went off without a hitch and it was truly perfect. Thank you again for everything ❤️

Sent on 08/10/2018

Bridget · Married on 07/22/2018

Canvas is the one!

Working with Rachel was an absolute pleasure! She is responsive, patient, passionate, caring and kind! We came to her with only few vague ideas and had no idea where to start. She patiently answered all our questions along the way and helped us plot a wedding of our dream. She also gave great recommendations for different vendors to choose from, and we felt confident having her as our representative when talking with the vendors. During the wedding day, she and Erin worked hard to make sure things went smoothly while also making sure we are hydrated and not starving. We were lucky to have her for our special day and we would recommend her with no doubt!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Cynthia · Married on 07/14/2018

Erin and Rachel were absolutely amazing! I would recommend working with Canvas to any bride/groom and ESPECIALLY out of state couples. My husband and I are from Austin and we love love love Park City, but were super intimidated about planning a wedding out of state. Erin and Rachel helped us from the beginning. They set up site visits and vendor visits and they did everything! We worked with them for about 11 months and they were with us for every step of the way. As a super type-A planner, it was so hard for me to make decisions when I couldn't be there in person, but Erin and Rachel went in my place and took photos and did such a great job making me feel comfortable with all of the decisions.

We also had a really complex wedding (well, at least I think it was - much more so than a typical rehearsal dinner + ceremony + reception). We actually had a full weekend of events scheduled starting on Thursday and going through Sunday. We had 6 different venues for events in Park City and we had a lot of moving pieces (literally - we brought a grand piano to the top of a mountain). Rachel and Erin worked with all of the vendors and scheduled everything flawlessly. I didn't have to worry about anything at all the weekend of the wedding even though I'm pretty sure we had about 10 different vendors and lots of last-minute changes.

Also, as a bride who has zero idea about anything floral or design related, I trusted Erin to create an amazing environment for the wedding. She helped me so much with design and floral. I was completely clueless.

Erin and Rachel also had amazing recommendations for our DJ and photo booth. We seriously had the best DJ ever! All of our guests were obsessed.

All in all, we could not possibly have had a better experience with Canvas and could not more strongly recommend working with them! You and your wedding will be in great hands :-)

Sent on 07/21/2018

Audrea · Married on 05/17/2018

Rachel was an incredible wedding planner I had the pleasure of working with to achieve our perfect wedding! We are located in Austin, TX and got married in Salt Lake City, UT and she helped us set everything up from hundreds of miles away. I will tell everyone and anyone that a wedding planner is worth every penny now! Rachel was great about keeping my now husband and I on track for what we needed to accomplish each week, and was always ready to take on whatever we needed from her. I highly recommend Canvas Wedding & Events as they went above and beyond in helping us plan and enjoy our wedding day!

Sent on 06/14/2018
  • Pamela

Pamela · Married on 04/14/2018

Cydney and the whole Canvas Events team has been wonderful! My husband and I wanted to hire a wedding planner because 1) neither of us had any idea what we were doing, 2) we both work full-time, and 3) we had a baby on the way so we had our hands full.

Firstly, Cydney was extremely professional at all times, even under pressure. Throughout our time with her, I never heard her say anything negative about any of the vendors or venues we worked with (or anyone in general); if there was a problem, she simply stepped in to solve it. She was always on time to our meetings, rarely needed to reschedule, and always made us feel as though we were her only clients (which we knew was not true). She was available at almost all hours of the day for questions or emergencies and would respond right away to our texts and emails. She was respectful of our time and schedule and would always let us know with plenty of advanced notice if she would be unable to be reached.

Secondly, she had great recommendations for and connections to vendors, which helped to save us a lot of money. She knew what could be negotiated and would step in for us to get us a better deal or more perks. She also helped us to stay in budget by suggesting vendors within our price range.

Thirdly, things will go wrong during the planning process (and especially on the day of your wedding). When our florist delivered one too few bouquets, Cydney made sure the final bouquet was at the church in time for the ceremony. I didn't have to stress because she handled it all. My husband and I each had nine people in our wedding party, and she made sure everyone was where they needed to be at the right time. Throughout the day, she was always available for questions, and we never once had to hunt her down.

I most definitely could not have handled the planning process myself, and my husband and I are SO happy we hired Canvas. We highly recommend them!!

Sent on 04/25/2018