7 Reviews for Cantor Erik Contzius

Customized Vows (2)
Counseling (2)
Jewish (2)
7 Cantor Erik Contzius Reviews

Erik is the best in the business! We absolutely loved how he did our ceremony, we’ve been married 2 weeks and people are still telling us how great he was. They loved how he translated the Hebrew part of the ceremony to English for people who aren’t jewish to understand! We love you Erik thank you for going above and beyond!!

Profile Picture Catherine , 6/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Customized Vows, Counseling, Jewish, Interfaith Ceremony

Cantor Contzius was fantastic. We called him to discuss our wedding and he was incredibly helpful and kind. He is very knowledgeable and he is incredibly accommodating. We were operating on a tight schedule and called him at the last minute. He was unfazed and was willing to work around our schedule. The cantor offers pre-wedding counseling to help the couple think through some of the decisions they will face once married and he offers great advice over the phone! I would highly recommend you hire Cantor Contzius!

Profile Picture David, 6/23/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Cantor Contzius officiatead our wedding in October 2016. He guided is through the process like a true expert and professional and was very generous with his time.

During our nearly weekly meetings with the Cantor, he offered support, provided pre-marital counseling which was invaluable, reviewed our personal information to be included on the ketubah, listened to our our expectations regarding the ceremony and advised us on how to carry them out, among other things!

Throughout the process it was clear that Cantor Contzius would be sure to include both our families in the ceremony and ketubah signing despite the fact that my husband is not Jewish. And true to his word, Cantor Contzius made certain that our diverse group of family and friends understood the rituals which we carried out and the meaning behind all of the prayers. He even went to great lengths to translate a prayer into Japanese for my husband's family.

Our ceremony was exactly what we had envisioned - warm, personal and light-hearted. It was apparent to everyone that Cantor Contzius had gotten to know both my husband and I well over the few months that we had worked together.

Following the ceremony, the majority of our friends (regardless of religious background) remarked how wonderful the Cantor was and how much they enjoyed the ceremony. It meant so much to my husband and I to have a meaningful ceremony that was personal and spiritual that all of our guests could enjoy.

I honestly can not speak highly enough of Cantor Contzius and recommend him without hesitation. He set the tone for our amazing wedding!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User7738450, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Our conversations and planning with Erik culminated with a beautiful, personal, heartfelt ceremony that reflected exactly what we wanted. Erik interpreted our personalities and what we said during our conversations on skype and via email to put together a ceremony that represented us, just what we had hoped for. Erik respected our different family backgrounds and we are so happy to have the great memories of our ketubah signing and ceremony that he helped to create.

Profile Picture Jane, 6/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Cantor Contzius was wonderful! He got to know us and performed a beautiful ceremony. (He was quite entertaining and had our guests laughing, too!) I would highly recommend him for all weddings and special occasions!

Profile Picture Jaime, 5/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Cantor Contzius did a fantastic job with our wedding. Our ceremony both commemorated this important day in our lives (and Jewish lives) but also had the humor we wanted at this joyous occasion. We worked with Cantor Contzius to get a ceremony that felt customized to our preferences and, to this day, our family and friends still talk about how good our officiant was. We highly recommend Cantor Contzius!

Profile Picture User7002084, 2+ years ago, 1 Review