Canterwood Golf and Country Club Reviews

Canterwood Golf and Country Club 3
Canterwood Golf and Country Club 4

Lindsey · Married on 11/03/2018

Nov. 3rd 2018 wedding.

Such a great experience from start to end. Trista was so helpful and provided great service! The food was amazing and all the different packages Canterwood offered were amazing. Canterwood truly took the stress out of wedding planning by offering linens, alcohol, food and ceremony space all in one. I highly recommend this venue.

Erika · Married on 06/30/2018

First of all Trista is the best! She is the events manager there and she will make sure you have an amazing wedding! The space is beautiful! A very well kept golf course with many places to take gorgeous pictures! My wedding was an absolute dream! We got many compliments on the food & the space itself! The tent is well kept and a great place to have a dance party! I would highly recommend this place it was an amazing value for all the food, decor, and amazing staff that you get!

Brad · Married on 05/28/2018

We were working on a greatly truncated timeline for our wedding. Trista was simply amazing at helping us put together an elegant event that reflected who we are as a couple. The food was amazing, and we got many raves. The fact that we are a same-sex couple was not an issue, everyone made us feel comfortable and welcome. We came in underbudget, and received many "best wedding ever" comments from our friends. The event staff even helped us load in our vintage hi-fi the day before, and kept it safe until our groomsmen could load out the next day. Trista is an angel. Warm, empathetic, creative and 100% committed to exceeding peoples expectations!

CASSANDRA · Married on 06/17/2017

I have BASICALLY become an unofficial promoter for this venue because it is AMAZING. Trista and her team are earnest, genuine, enthusiastic, and truly a pleasure to work with and communicate with. I did pretty extensive comparisons on venues by price, aesthetic beauty, services provided, time that you are able to reserve, etc etc, and Canterwood blew every single vendor out of the water on all aspects. I booked the venue literally minutes after walking into the place. I told Trista "before we move on, I'm just letting you know I'm booking". BEST DECISION EVER. Our wedding was perfect down to the very last detail and best of all our guests had a blast!!!! We had all day to prep, and had all sorts of room including outdoor areas, indoor areas, the women's locker room, etc etc. It allowed me to put together my dream wedding with ALL of my personal DIY wedding decor that I would NOT have been able to set up without the luxury of space and time. Canterwood is a one stop shop - they make wedding planning EASY. no joke. With a busy career and buying a house and so many life changes - booking Canterwood was a CRITICAL and the most important decision I made for the wedding. I have not stopped receiving compliments, and have been told MANY times that it was the "perfect wedding". My out of town guests ADORED gig harbor, and felt like they were on vacation. Even better is that my close friends and guests (who I told how much I ended up paying) were FLOORED. Appetizers, table service, special linens, OPEN liquor/spirits bar - we got to do it ALL because the bang for your buck with this place is unreal. Canterwood will NOT disappoint!

Sabrina · Married on 05/20/2017

Where to start with this amazing venue?! Everything on their menu is mouth-wateringly good, the location and setting are beautiful, the staff are impressive, and the event as a whole could not have been better - and all of these compliments were reiterated and made fact by the feedback from our guests!

We weren't looking to have a long engagement, and when we found that Canterwood had our date available, we jumped on it. Trista set everything up, and after a whirlwind of a week or so, we were completely amazed - with her help, we already had all of the big stuff set. We chose our date, venue, theme, decor, menu, and more!

Over the course of the next few months, Trista was super responsive with all of our millions of questions and late night emails, and she was very accommodating when asking to bring vendors to tour the facility to determine setup/equipment needed, etc. (specifically our DJ & officient - JP Entertainment, also an amazing vendor without whom our day would not have been nearly as amazing). Trista made everything happen that we wanted - our day was her creation. The big day flowed so seamlessly! And as a bride, I couldn't imagine the stress a wedding could be without an angel like Trista walking you through every step! Our wedding was everything we could have imagined, and it was all thanks to Trista and the gang at Canterwood!

Jennifer · Married on 06/26/2016

Canterwood was absolutely incredible!! The staff was amazing, and I never had to worry about a thing! That was really important for me, because I had to plan the entire wedding while I was in nursing school. From start to finish it was absolutely idyllic, and we couldn't have picked a better place for our wedding!! We started planning with Lizzy Mae, ended with Trista, and everything went so smoothly. Kourtney was our day-of coordinator, and she was an absolute rock star!! I truly could not have imagined a better day. Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Canterwood Golf and Country Club's reply:

Thank you Jennifer!! It was such an honor to be a part of your special once in a lifetime wedding day! We loved the personal touches you added to your wedding your vision made our Pacific room pop!! Cheers to your happiness!!

Alyssa · Married on 06/25/2016

Everyone thought we spent three times the amount we spent. This venue definitely provides "the best bang for your buck." It was nice only having to worry about dj, flowers, cake, and a few little extras. We had a wedding of 145 people with two kegs

Sent on 07/09/2016

Canterwood Golf and Country Club's reply:

Thank you Alyssa! You were such a joy to work with even when the rain threatened your beautiful outdoor ceremony you were just so happy and never lost hope, your positive smile simply chased the rain away! We appreciate that you chose Canterwood for your ceremony and reception and on behalf of the team here we wish you two a lifetime of happiness!!

We found this venue online, and attended their Bridal Show, and loved the place. We got an awesome deal on it as well. Lizzy was great to work with and answered all the questions we had, and was very flexible with all the last minute changes we had to our guest list.

We will be getting married here! So far, everyone apart of the staff has been so helpful and amazing and I know they'll do great on our wedding day!

Holly · Married on 08/29/2015

So beautiful! I love this venue!

Sent on 08/27/2015

Thank you!! <3 <3

Cecilia & Ryan · Married on 08/07/2015

Our wedding day at The Canterwood was truly magical! My husband and I spent almost three months searching for the perfect venue and we loved every memory we made at The Canterwood. On our big day, we showed up, enjoyed coffee and mimosas while we got ready as the guys lounged around and relaxed, meanwhile the wonderful Canterwood Staff was hard at work putting our vision into action. Everything was executed to perfection; the centerpieces were gorgeous and exactly how we wanted them, the ceremony set-up was amazing, the food was exquisite, the wine was delicious, and we had the venue to ourselves all day! Lizzy Mae and her team were a dream to work with and all of our guests raved about how it was genuinely, the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. So, to all the newly engaged couples out there, our suggestion to you is just go take a tour of the impeccable beauty The Canterwood has to offer and I can guarantee you'll fall in love!

• Cecilia

Cecilia · Married on 08/07/2015

Our wedding day at The Canterwood was truly magical! My husband and I spent almost three months searching for the perfect venue and we loved every moment we spent at The Canterwood. On our big day, we showed up, enjoyed coffee and mimosas while we got ready as the guys lounged around and relaxed, meanwhile the wonderful Canterwood Staff was hard at work putting our vision into action. Everything was executed to perfection; the centerpieces we're gorgeous and exactly how we wanted them, the ceremony set-up was amazing, the food was exquisite, the wine was delicious, and we had the venue to ourselves all day! Lizzy Mae and her team were a dream to work with and all of our guests raved about how it was genuinely the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. So to all the newly engaged couples out there, our suggestion to you is just go take a tour of the impeccable beauty The Canterwood has to offer and I can guarantee you'll fall in love.

Stress free rehearsal dinner planning and PERFECT venue for our wedding! Food was AMAZING and the staff went out of their way to make everything go smoothly. Highly recommend Canterwood to those who want their guests to have an unforgettable time!

Sarah · Married on 06/28/2014

Canterwood was the most beautiful place to get married! The team there is AMAZING!!! Rebecca was great to work with and made the wedding very stress free. When we showed up Friday for our rehearsal everything was set up. This was a huge relief to walk in and see everything ready to go. Emily was there to make sure that we had everything we needed, including bringing down any food and drinks we ordered to making sure the last detail was perfect and things were just the way I wanted them. The wait staff was prompt and made sure the food came out and peoples water drinks were always full. We did sparklers as part of our exit, and they made sure that we had buckets of water by the doors to put in the used sparklers, something I didn't even think of. All of staff worked so well together and were so nice, even at 11:30 they never made it feel like I was bothering them. Our wedding turned out better then we could have ever imagined and it is in large part to having it at Canterwood with their AMAZING staff. I would definitely have my wedding there again!

Jessica · Married on 05/17/2014

We highly recommend Canterwood for your wedding. We just got married there two weeks ago and I am still smiling from that perfect day that went so smoothly and looked so beautiful. The Events Coordinator,Rebecca, and the staff at Canterwood make everything so lovely and work so well together to make your whole day come together. I am so happy that we chose Canterwood for our special day. I cannot imagine anything better than the service,knowledge,support,amenities and overall attention to detail that was provided at this venue. Thank to Revecca and all of the staff for creating a wonderful day that we will cherish forever. Jessica and Jayaboa Thangkeo

Colette · Married on 02/15/2014

Canterwood Golf and Country Club held my daughter's wedding ceremony and reception and I couldn't have picked a more luxury and professional venue. Rebecca was great in regards to the details and keeping everything in order. She really made it stress free for myself and my daughter.

Would recommend this venue to anyone who is considering a wedding, vow renewal or any other type of event. Can't go wrong at all!

I cannot say enough good things about Canterwood! We got married in front of their fireplace in the dining room, and also had the reception there. We bucked tradition a little bit and had a morning ceremony followed by a brunch reception, so there wasn't the traditional menu & tasting- the staff was so professional, and the food was perfect!

Rebecca, the coordinator, was responsive and attentive on every level, whether it was with big issues or minute details. Even on the morning of, when we arrived late, realized that our flower girl's petals didn't have a basket and that we needed to photocopy a reading for the ceremony because someone forgot theirs, the staff was on top of it- with smiles on their faces.

We are so happy with our decision to get married at Canterwood!

Roberta · Married on 11/16/2013

From the time we met Rebecca at the Wedding Expo, through our tour, tasting and final event she and all her staff were extremely helpful. All the employees are happy to be there, it is obvious they really enjoy their work. The "Big" day finally arrived and we arrived early to help set up for the Wedding and Reception, even though Rebecca had told us we did not need too, and there was absolutely nothing for us to do but stand there mesmerized by the beauty of their work. It was everything we dreamed and more. The wedding decorations were beautifully displayed, the communion table exquisite and even the seating arrangement was done with flair, not boring stilted rows. Everyone added their personal best to their job and the results were outstanding. We had a formal sit down dinner for the Reception, the food was beautifully displayed,served and delicious. My guest continuously commented on both presentation and taste. My sisters, "Thanked" me for raising the bar, because now their daughters would be expecting their weddings to be this grand! My guest said this was the classiest wedding they had ever been too. Everyone was blown away by the beauty of the tables and Reception room. My daughter, the Bride and new Son in Law, said the head waiter was very attentive to their needs and always available, offering his service. I must add, as Mother of the Bride, I too was well taken care of from the time we arrived in the morning until we left at the end of the evening. truly my husband and I could not be more pleased. We felt the whole staff went above and beyond to make this day memorable for our family.

Elizabeth · Married on 10/13/2013

Canterwood Golf and Country club gave us the most beautiful wedding at a remarkable cost. I had seen an ad that provided Canterwood as the venue and they would supply the catering, the set up, the clean up, wine with a served meal and chosen linens, all in one place. When I called and spoke Rebecca( the event coordinator) I asked her if this was for real and what's the catch? She said it was real and invited my fiancé and I to take a look. We were delighted and impressed with the venue and said absolutely, yes! Shortly after that we were invited for a meal tasting where we got to taste our options! All along the way Rebecca kept in contact with me. She helped us out with every little detail. Days before the wedding we had requested a bench for a little pre ceremony fun that my fiancé had planned. They found one for us to use! On the day of the wedding we were right in the middle of pictures when I realized we had left the lap top at home, containing the video montage! Since the wedding was supposed to start in twenty minutes, one of the staff members drove to our house and picked it up for us! Consistently every effort was made to make us feel at ease and taken care of. Our guests had such a great time. I received a flood of emails and comments about how wonderful everything was. Everyone loved the food and commented on how beautiful Canterwood was. Mike and I are forever grateful for this wonderful venue. The staff is top notch, the venue is amazing, the food is fantastic, and whatever you are dreaming of will not be out of your reach!

Amanda · Married on 09/22/2013

Canterwood was the perfect place for our wedding! Rebecca, the onsite coordinator was fabulous and paid close attention to every last detail. She was a joy to work with and ensured the day was everything we wanted and more. She even brought in flowers the day of the wedding from her garden and give our ceremony some more brightness!! The entire staff at Canterwood were very friendly and provided great customer service throughout the entire day. While the bridal party was getting ready, the wait staff provided us with breakfast and lunch and nonstop service for anything we needed. In addition, there is so much greenery around the grounds that it is a perfect location for photographs!

Canterwood is also an all inclusive venue which was the best choice we could have made. Every detail was handled by Canterwood including: setup, linens, plated sit down dinner with table cards, cake cutting, champagne toast, hosted bar and clean up. We didn't have to lift a single finger the entire day which was amazing as most places we looked at required you rent most items and come early to setup.

I would recommend Canterwood to anyone looking for a venue for their wedding! The value could also not be beat. They provided a 5 star service at an affordable cost.

Shannon · Married on 09/15/2013

What a beautiful venue! We are so glad we chose Canterwood for our wedding!
    All of the event staff were very helpful and attentive, and did a beautiful job setting everything up for our ceremony and reception.

Michael · Married on 07/12/2013

Rebecca and the Canterwood staff were superb in every respect. Planning the wedding from overseas was a challenge that Rebecca revelled in. She ensured that all aspects of the reception were without a hiccup. A true professional and a wonderful caring personality complete the package. I would use Rebecca and the Canterwood staff again without hesitation. Please ensure that Rebecca and her staff are aware of this feedback. Sincerely,

Michael J. Wagner

Patricia · Married on 07/12/2013

Everything about our daughter's wedding was of the highest quality from sincere, caring service to the high quality of the gourmet dinner. Rebecca has to be the best wedding planner. We planned the wedding from Japan, our daughter lives in New Zealand and with only two trips home to Gig Harbor, the event was flawless. I could go on and on about the gorgeous flowers and beautiful table settings, but honestly, Rebecca, the chef, and delightful serving staff made it all come together.

Millicent · Married on 06/22/2013

If you want the perfect day, you NEED Canterwood!

Canterwood is such a gem. Rebecca, their event coordinator, is so nice, hard-working, and REALLY knows her stuff when it comes to weddings! We wanted our cat, Gordie, in the wedding ceremony, and while most venues looked at us like we were crazy, Rebecca was completely on-board with the idea! She even got the other staff at the venue excited for the arrival of our cat on our wedding day! :) Canterwood is so flexible, professional, and such a great value. And did I mention how beautiful Canterwood is? The place is surrounded by trees, awesome green grass, and beautiful gardens. It's gorgeous there! Our guests loved Canterwood as well!

Our wedding day was nothing short of AWESOME. Rebecca, our wedding planner, and the other Canterwood staff worked their tails off to bring the entire day together. The day was everything we could have imagined and more. They even let my cat hang out with us girls while we got ready in their beautiful locker rooms!

The food... WOW! The food provided by Canterwood was just awesome. We had a chicken, salmon, and vegetarian dish and nobody was disappointed with anything. We were told by many guests that it was some of the best food they ever had at a wedding. My vegetarian friends couldn't believe how delicious their meal was! I, myself, will dream about their chicken dish and bacon-wrapped prawns from here on out... And their waitstaff was so friendly. They were simply amazing!!

I am so glad we found Canterwood. Remember: while wedding planning and picking a venue can be nerve-wracking, do yourself a favor-- pick Canterwood! You will NOT be disappointed! :)