Canterbury Strings Reviews

66 Reviews for Canterbury Strings

• Maggie

Maggie Klinedinst · Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful Performance for Intimate Garden Ceremony

We cannot say enough great things about the Canterbury Strings. From the beginning Kate was incredibly responsive and shared their repertoire and suggestions for our intimate garden ceremony. They arrived on time, were set up in a beautiful formation, and perfectly played the routine we decided on. Our ceremony was a bit non-traditional and we walked in (together) to "All You Need Is Love" and recessed to "Here Comes the Sun". They have a huge list of pieces they play, and we were drawn to the selection of Beatles love songs, and classics from the 60s and 70s. Their pricing was in line with other groups and we are extremely happy with their contribution to our important day.

Sent on 05/27/2019

Lauren · Married on 09/15/2018

Kate and her colleagues were fantastic! Very easy to book, and they had great suggestions for the music for the ceremony and cocktail hour. The day of the wedding, everyone showed up on time, took their places, and played beautifully! I would recommend them to all of my friends!

Sent on 08/30/2018

Stephanie · Married on 06/23/2018

We worked with Kate to arrange a string trio to perform for our wedding ceremony in June. She was very responsive, organized, and very talented! We had a string trio play the prelude, processional, and recessional music for our ceremony and it was a lovely and romantic touch that really made it special. They are very flexible and have a wide repertoire of songs to choose from (if desired), or they can pick appropriate songs for you. I am so happy we had the string trio, who was very talented and professional - I only wish I could have heard more of their music (but, alas, as the bride, I missed most of the prelude!). Thanks, Kate!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Lacey · Married on 05/19/2018

Kate and her fellow artists that make up the Canterbury Strings were nothing short of amazing! From the beginning, Kate was the best to communicate with! She responded so quickly and was able to accommodate my needs for my ceremony and cocktail hour music! She even wrote up sheet music for a specific song to accompany my cousin who sang during the ceremony.

The music itself was so beautiful! Everyone loved it, and I received many compliments! Overall, I was so pleased with everything! The weather did not play out in our favor, but fortunately they were willing to do what they could to play music without damaging their instruments.

I 100%, highly recommend! Thank you so much for making my ceremony and cocktail hour that much more beautiful!!!!

Sent on 06/20/2018

JENNIFER · Married on 05/18/2018

Thank you for a seamless event! The music was sensational and everything was perfect to the last detail.

Sent on 06/01/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 04/06/2018

Canterbury Strings performed for our wedding this month, and I have nothing but good things to say! From the first time I contacted Kate, she was very responsive, professional, and easy to work with. At the wedding, the musicians were professional and the music was so very beautiful. We loved the large repertoire they had, and we've received many compliments about their presence at our event. They really helped make our day perfect.

Sent on 04/15/2018

Sam · Married on 09/16/2017

Kate was very responsive and flexible. We had to change the wedding venue location a month before the wedding and Kate was very flexible with the change. The music selection was wonderful and trio played beautifully. They helped make my wedding and cocktail hour special.

Sent on 01/23/2018

Megan · Married on 09/09/2017

Canterbury Strings played as a string trio as our ceremony and cocktail hour musicians. Kate was responsive during the planning process and assisted in song selection when we couldn't make decisions. Canterbury Strings provided sophistication to our wedding ceremony with string versions of more modern songs. We're very happy we hired them & definitely recommend them to others!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Canterbury Strings played as a string trio for our wedding in Baltimore and they were absolutely fantastic. Not only was the music beautiful at the wedding, but they were very responsive and a pleasure to work with throughout the planning stages. They have my highest recommendation!

Sent on 02/05/2017

Rachel · Married on 11/19/2016

We booked a string trio for our ceremony and they were amazing! Our guests loved the music. We worked with Kate to figure out some of the songs and she was able to arrange sheet music for a song that I wanted to use for the bridal processional. Everything sounded so beautiful. They have a big repertoire and are able to play a lot of current songs as well. Definitely book Canterbury Strings!!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Crystal · Married on 11/05/2016

We had a trio of Canterbury Strings play during our wedding cocktail hour. They were so professional and wonderful, and wow, the music was beautiful! They played a mixture of classical and modern songs and everyone had such amazing things to say about them. I would recommend Canterbury Strings to anyone!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Mary · Married on 08/06/2016

We hired the Canterbury Strings as a string trio for our ceremony and cocktail hour. They were easy to work with and had a helpful website for picking songs from their repertoire. They were punctual, professional and sounded great!

Sent on 08/20/2016

Katherine · Married on 06/11/2016

Kate from Canterbury Strings was very responsive and easy to work with. They were also a better value than other comparable groups I found who played similar contemporary songs. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Vikki · Married on 05/13/2016

Canterbury Strings was a pleasure to work with. They provided beautiful music which set the scene for my wedding ceremony. I would recommend them for any event!

Sent on 08/05/2016
  • User6964178 · event on 05/08/2016

Very easy to work with--responsive and professional. We didn't really hear them as the bride and groom but our guests seemed to enjoy the music!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Ann · Married on 10/24/2015

Very easy to work with. Showed up on time and played beautifully! Could not have been more pleased.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Highly recommend Canterbury Strings - they are excellent musicians, great to work with, and extremely professional. Kate was was super helpful in the weeks leading up to the wedding - she was always responsive, answered many of our questions (some not even related to ceremony music), offered advice, and she and her colleagues learned several songs we specifically requested. It really did make a huge difference having live music during the ceremony, both to the guests and to us as the couple getting married. They were very reasonably priced as well. You can't ask for better.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Peggy · Married on 08/22/2015

Canterbury Strings did a great job for our ceremony and cocktail hour music and I couldn't be more happy. The guests loved the all modern songs played on the strings. Their set list is great and Kate was able to find the sheet music for a request we had that was not on their list, no problem. I thought they offered a great value and they sounded amazing. Thank You!

Sent on 08/31/2015
  • User4199153 · 2+ years ago

Definitely recommend! They listened to my requests and carried it out. Sounded great!

Sent on 07/15/2015

Sarah · Married on 07/10/2015

Canterbury Strings were professional and responsive from the start. Beginning with several email exchanges, and they even helped to recommend songs. They were great and an excellent touch to our ceremony.

Sent on 12/01/2015

Canterbury Strings was incredibly flexible and accommodating. When my wedding was postponed 6 weeks due to the riots downtown they had no issue changing dates and adding an extra hour to play my cocktail hour (my previous musician could not change dates). The ladies were wonderful and played so beautifully. The range of music they were capable of playing was immense and all of my guests were impressed.

Sent on 07/18/2015

Meredith · Married on 05/30/2015

We received so many compliments on your amazing performance at our wedding. Thank you for doing such a wonderful job and being so flexible with our changing needs and adding extra time last minute. Our wedding video has beautiful background music from your wonderful trio!

Sent on 08/15/2015

Emily · Married on 05/23/2015

From the beginning Canterbury strings was great to work with. Kate was prompt in responding to any questions I had throughout the wedding process. They worked me with to fit my and my husbands taste in music to make out ceremony perfect for us. Our orchestra trio did a lovely job before, during and after our wedding ceremony. Thank you Canterbury strings for helping to make our day perfect!

Sent on 06/13/2015

Canterbury Strings provided excellent music for our wedding ceremony. Kate was very easy to communicate with from the beginning. She was extremely accommodating and flexible, creating a special arrangement of a song not listed on their repertoire for my walk down the aisle. The music was beautiful and sounded much "fuller" than I expected from a trio! They were also an excellent value.

Sent on 06/17/2015

Christina · Married on 04/24/2015

Really enjoyed having them at our wedding. Sounded great!

Sent on 06/03/2015