Canoe Club Ballroom Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

1 User photo

Canoe Club Ballroom 1

Victoria · Getting married on 04/03/2020

When we went here to visit we knew this was the venu we wanted, shannon was very helpful throughout the whole process of it as well , we just booked our wedding in 2020 and cant wait !!!!! Deff recommend the canoe club!!

Sent on 05/17/2018

Canoe Club Ballroom's reply:

Thank you Tori for your kind words! We are very excited to work with with you and Donnie:)
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Getting married on 10/05/2019

Beautiful place!

Can’t wait for my wedding in October!

Sent on 03/29/2019

Canoe Club Ballroom's reply:

We are super excited to celebrate with you and Tyler!! Thank you for letting us host your special day in October!

Katrina Palmer · Married on 06/21/2019

Absolutely perfect

Stacy, Jen, and all the staff were absolutely amazing and made sure the entire day was perfect.

From the very first time we walked into the venue, we knew that is where we would be getting married. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful and the staff is so kind and welcoming. We had multiple meetings with them to go over every single detail, I sent a million panicked emails with questions and someone was always back in contact within 24 hours. At the final meeting we went over a very detailed timeline and that was stuck to the day of the wedding. All the décor was set up the exact way we wanted it to be. Stacy was with the guys before the wedding and made sure they had everything they needed. Jen was with me every time I went outside to take pictures and fixed my bustle many times since it came undone from moving it so much to take photos. Everything we needed Stacy or Jen were there in a heartbeat to take care of it. Everyone said their food was great and our food was great, too, the dance floor is huge and had plenty of room for our 165-person wedding, the up-lighting and pin point lighting on the tables was so classy and elegant looking. No matter what table people were at they could see the dances, the cake cutting, and the sweetheart table. There was never a line at the bar because of how efficient the bartenders were. Stacy has a wonderful venue, with great employees that know how to make the wedding planning process very easy. Stacy and Jen make you feel like you are the only bride in the world even when your wedding is one of many! I am so happy that we chose it as the place to get married.I cannot say enough good things about the Canoe Club.

Sent on 07/02/2019

Canoe Club Ballroom's reply:

We very much appreciate such kind words Katrina!! We are happy we were able to help celebrate your special day with you and Joe. Congratulations and best wishes Mr. & Mrs. Palmer

Debra Anderson · Married on 10/27/2018

Wonderful place But...

We had a wonderful time (for most of the day) and the place is beautiful, food was good, and the service was excellent. The only thing we didn’t enjoy was being in the way of the staff that was clearing the centerpieces, waters, decor, etc 45 minutes before the wedding ended. Apparently, they were getting ready for the next wedding that started after our day wedding. A lot of guests were shocked and felt like they were not welcome anymore. Kinda like when you’re at a bar and at closing time the lights go on! I’m sorry, weddings are expensive and to have the day end like that was inexcusable.

Sent on 10/27/2018

Canoe Club Ballroom's reply:

Hi Debra, Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your honesty. Our ultimate goal at the CCB is for our couples and their guests to have an amazing experience. Moving forward, we have taken your feedback with the highest consideration. Thank you.
  • Cara

Cara · Married on 10/19/2018

Effortless Elegance

Stacey and her team allowed me, as the bride, to enjoy my wedding without a care in the world. I have a strong type-A personality and some serious control issues. With their help, the night turned out exactly as I envisioned it. The bridal attendants were professional and attentive without being in your face. My guests still remark about the fact that they never even noticed "staff" working the event, and yet everything went smoothly. It really was like magic. The only time I saw Stacey was when I needed her. Other than that, she and her minions ran around in the background keeping everything and everyone on time and in line.

Sent on 11/23/2018

Canoe Club Ballroom's reply:

Thank you and Cara for your kind words. Your's and Michael's wedding was beautiful! We wish the two of you a wonderful life of love and laughter:) -CCB Family

Trista · Married on 09/07/2018

Stacy and jill are wonderful. We've spoken a few times, toured a few times and signed our contract this past week. I am so excited to work with these wonderful ladies!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Canoe Club Ballroom's reply:

Trista! What can we say...we are just as excited as you are to be going on this journey with you!! We can't wait to plan and discuss all the fun details with you along the way! Happy Planning! ~Stacy & Jillian
  • Taren

Taren · Married on 09/01/2018

Flawless!

Stacy and team were magnificent! Very professional and understood my husband and my needs and desires to make the wedding of our dreams come true!! They worked seamlessly with all our vendors since they have long standing relationships and we got great deals out of them!! The gazebo ceremony was “to die for” gorgeous and the reception was amazing!!

Sent on 11/22/2018

Canoe Club Ballroom's reply:

Thank you and Taren & Ricky for your kind words! Your wedding was beautiful. We wish the two of you many years of love and laughter:)
    -CCB Family

Briana · Married on 08/04/2018

The Canoe Club went above and beyond for our wedding! From the planning and listening and everything I wanted and needed. To the check up and guidance along the way. The Canoe Club was amazing! Then on the big day and leading up, all of the love and support they showed me and my husband and our dog! We would highly recommend you having your special day here. The relaxing fun atmosphere made everything so much more than we could have hoped for. Thank you so much everyone at the canoe club!

Sent on 08/29/2018
    Canoe Club Ballroom 2

Canoe Club Ballroom's reply:

Briana & Mark thank you of your kind words! We very much enjoyed working with the two of you throughout the wedding planning process. We wish you both a beautiful life with laughter and love :)

Shanaya · Married on 05/26/2018

It was a dream come true and everything was absolutely breathtaking. From the moment we first visited the Canoe Club all of the staff welcomed us with open arms. They were all were kind and courteous. The venue is absolutely impeccable. Stacey and Jillian were wonderful to work with.From the beginning to the end of our planning stages , all of our questions and concerns were answered promptly and politely leaving us with no worries and stress free. My special day was simply amazing! Words cannot express how grateful we are for CCB outstanding service

Sent on 06/09/2018

Kristina · Married on 04/28/2018

My husband and I had our wedding here back in April. Everything was beyond our wildest dreams and we were completely blown away. This was the first wedding venue we had ever gone to see. Every one after, we compared to this venue. Stacy and Jillian are so quick and efficient with their calls, emails, and texting to answer all of our questions and requests.

The day of was a complete fairy tale. The Canoe Club has weddings down to a science. Stacy's timeline makes everything so smoothly to ensure the couple get to enjoy everything about their wedding. The grounds are gorgeous and perfect for ceremony and pictures. The food is delicious. One thing I was so appreciative of was the staff made sure my husband and I actually got to eat our meals. One complaint I always hear from other couples on their wedding day is they didn't get to eat. That will not happen here. The staff made sure that there was plate of hors d'oeuvre in the bridal suite for you during cocktail hour.

One special small touch I really enjoyed was after the ceremony, there was a drink for each member or the bridal party waiting at the lawn furniture.

I would recommend this venue to anyone who asked for my opinion. I have been getting compliments since the wedding day that our wedding was the most incredible wedding they have ever been to. We have Stacy, Jillian, and the staff of the Canoe Club Ballroom to thank for that. Our wedding day was more than we could have ever imagined and dreamed of.

Thank you.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Canoe Club Ballroom's reply:

Kristina, thank you for your kind words! We are so happy to hear we made your wedding day so special! We wish you the both the best in your new lives together :)

Heather · Married on 09/24/2017

Simply Perfect! The Canoe Club and their staff provided us the most amazing day! Everything went off seamlessly! The staff were very professional and easy to work with! They were very responsive from the moment we booked with them to the last dance! We truely could not have asked for better service or a more perfect venue!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Canoe Club Ballroom's reply:

Heather, thank you so much for the lovely review, we are thrilled to hear you had an amazing time planning your beautiful wedding with us! We hope you and Christopher are enjoying married life! Best Wishes from all of us at the CCB!!

Julianne · Married on 09/02/2017

I'm not even sure where to begin to explain how happy I am to have chosen the Canoe Club Ballroom for my marriage. I knew from the moment I walked in that it was the perfect setting for me! Stacy, Jillian, Erica, Andrea, and everyone else involved during this process were so helpful, knowledgable, professional, and kind. Being a bride who was pretty clueless from the start as to how much planning and work is involved, I am forever grateful to the Canoe Club for making everything a whole lot easier as they have built great relationships with multiple vendors and are unbelievably organized. From the outdoor grounds utilized for our ceremony and the indoor reception area to the amazing food and photo booth, everything was perfect! If you are looking for the best venue to host the wedding of your dreams with a staff who truly knows what they're doing, the Canoe Club Ballroom is definitely for you! Thank you all so much :)

Sent on 09/15/2017

Canoe Club Ballroom's reply:

Julianne, we are so grateful for you your kind words, they mean the world to us! We are so honored to have shared in your special day! We hope you and Jake are enjoying married life. We want to wish you two a lifetime of happiness and love!

Jennifer · Married on 10/21/2016

If you want personal service the day of your wedding, pick the Canoe Club. Stacy, Jillian and the rest of the girls go out of their way to ensure that the bride and the groom have everything they need for their amazing day. From the attention to detail and how they take all of your information, guest lists, etc and make sure everything is set up and laid out appropriately, to ensuring the room looks exactly how you envisioned. They bend over backwards to take care of any needs you may have and do everything they can to give you the wedding of your dreams. We were supposed to have an outdoor ceremony and we had ceremony cards. They laid those cards out and an hour before our ceremony, it down-poured. They quickly scooped up the cards and set up for an in-door ceremony. I had two dress issues, one, the top hook and button ripped and the girls met me in the bathroom after safety pins were no working and sewed me into my dress. Then when a glass of red wine was spilled on my blush pink wedding dress, they again, met me in the bridal bathroom and helped me to blot it out. No one that did not witness it even knew the wine had been spilled afterwards. They flipped the room from ceremony to reception in something like 2 1/2 minutes and those are just some of the examples I can speak of to sign their praises. I could not have picked a better venue and group of people to work with through the whole process. I would highly recommend the Canoe Club. Plus, having their preferred vendor list really made the search for a DJ, florist, limo service, etc. so much easier and I found incredible individuals and vendors to work with.

Sent on 11/17/2016

Canoe Club Ballroom's reply:

Jenney, thank you so much for the lovely review! You and Tim had a beautiful wedding, everything was perfect!! We are so happy and honored that we were able to share in your special day! We hope you two are enjoying married life, and want to wish you both a lifetime of happiness!! Best Wishes from all of us at the CCB!!

Talia · Married on 09/04/2016

We knew the moment we got to Canoe Club Ballroom that we had found our venue. Stacy and Jillian were so knowledgeable, helpful and supportive throughout the entire process. Weddings of 200+ people can be stressful, but Stacy and Jill made me feel like I didn't have to worry about a thing day of - and honestly, I really didn't! On the day of the wedding they use little headsets and if you need something, it's there for you in seconds. If you're looking for a venuethat doesn't feel cramped and has the most beautiful dance floor you've ever seen, don't hesitate to check out Canoe Club Ballroom, we'd recommend it to any of our friends or family who are looking for a great venue with awesome people to work with, reasonable pricing and want to have a carefree wedding day. Thank you Stacy and Jillian!

Sent on 10/01/2016

Talia,
    We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your entire experience with us! We had such a wonderful time hosting your beautiful wedding and reception. Best Wishes from all of us at the Canoe Club Ballroom!

Jamie · Married on 06/30/2016

The people and services of the canoe club ballroom are nothing short of amazing. From day one, they were responsive, accommodating, helpful and friendly! They made my wedding planning process so easy, and their enthusiasm and love for their work made my special day seamless!!! I am overwhelmingly happy/satisfied with this venue choice and don't have enough words to fully explain how grateful I am for their guidance, helping hands and brilliance. My wedding was a dream come true because of them.

Sent on 07/02/2016

I just booked my wedding at the Canoe Club for April 30, 2016. Everyone there is extremely professional, kind and passionate about what they do. I had toured several other facilities and this is the only one that I got that "this is where my wedding is going to be" feeling. Stacy was amazing in coming up with a specified package for exactly what I wanted and it is in our budget! I cannot wait for my wedding and to have to best day of my life and share it with my closest family and friends! My parents got married at the canoe club 39 years ago and are still together! It was so nice touring a facility that has been family owned and run and you could just tell how much pride they take in their grounds and how much they love what they do!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Sheena · Married on 04/09/2016

There aren't enough great things I can say about the Canoe Club and its staff. I actually tear up thinking about it. Stacy and Jill go above and beyond their call of duty, not only providing you with a gorgeous venue, but being your helper, supporter, and friend throughout the entire process from start to finish. They even provide a text line for convenience in which you can ask the most miniscule of questions any time of day or night. I have received endless compliments about the CCB from family, friends, and other vendors. We HIGHLY recommend looking into this venue for your event.

Sent on 04/25/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/12/2015

I could not have dreamt a more perfect wedding, everything went off without a hitch(and how often do you hear a bride say that!) Stacy and Jillian went above and beyond, every step of the way to make sure our wedding was exactly what we wanted. They made the planning process so stress free not to mention the actual night of our wedding. You hear from so many brides and grooms about how they don't get to eat or enjoy themselves at their wedding. Well that is not the case here, these ladies have it down to a science, we got to eat our meal, talk with everyone, and enjoy dancing for hours and they made sure we had a drink in our hands all night! I cannot say enough amazing things about The Canoe Club and I would highly recommend them!!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Heather · Married on 09/06/2015

I cannot tell you how many venues we went to look at and once I met Stacy and Jillian, and saw the location, we knew right away we were going to choose them. They are such amazing people and we not only loved the venue, but we also loved working with them. It is a family-run business, and has been for a long time, and you really do feel like part of the family. Any idea we had, they talked it out with us and gave us advice on certain aspects. They know what they are doing!! My bustle came undone halfway through the reception and Stacy took me in back and fixed it for me. As I said, FAMILY!! They are amazing to work with and amazing people over all. I would choose them again any day!!

Sent on 09/18/2015

amy · Married on 09/03/2015

I had the extreme pleasure of getting married at the CCB on 9/3/16. While the weather was gorgeous, our vendors were great, and the night was fun, the most beautiful part of the whole event was the venue. The staff at the Canoe Club Ballroom stops at nothing to ensure your special day goes off without a hitch. They are true professionals who focus on taking as much responsibility off of the plate of the bride and groom as possible. They coordinate final details with vendors, respond immediately to any calls, texts or emails, and know exactly how to throw a party! They pampered me from the moment I stepped in the door, and tolerated the BEYOND obnoxious groomsmen (eye roll).

The food was great, the drinks were strong, and the price was reasonable. The ceremony location is picturesque, and the reception hall is immaculate. I would not have changed a thing about this venue given the opportunity. I can't thank Stacey and Jillian enough for their hard work, dedication, and expertise. They truly made this day memorable in so many special ways.

If you are looking for a breathtaking venue with professional staff and little stress...this is your place!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Marie · Married on 08/23/2015

After looking at several venues with my daughter I walked into the Canoe Club and said to myself "this is the place". My daughter and at the time, future son in law, walked in behind me and it was unanimous! What a great choice that turned out to be. The room is beautiful, open and airy. The gazebo, where my daughter's ceremony took place, was lovely and the two special ladies, Stacy and Jillian, who orchestrated everything did an amazing job. Everything flowed flawlessly and unhurried allowing us to enjoy every minute. My husband and I had a wonderful evening with our daughter, her new husband and our guests and never once did we have to stop and think about anything because Stacy and Jillian had everything totally under control. I can be a little bit of a control freak (my kids would say a huge control freak) but Stacy and Jillian instilled such confidence that I was able to let go of all my concerns and just enjoy the celebration and that is the Biggest Compliment that I could ever give them. I will always be grateful to them for helping to create a fun filled evening and a wonderful memory for all of us.

Sent on 08/29/2015
  • Cori

Cori · Married on 08/15/2015

I cannot say enough how INCREDIBLE the Canoe Club Ballroom is! After our very first meeting with Jill, we knew right away we were going to have an incredible wedding there - we even had a meeting set up later in the day with a different venue, and canceled it because we loved CCB so much. From start to finish, Stacy & Jill made planning our wedding a stress-free experience with their kindness, enthusiasm and incredible attention to detail. They have everything down to a science and I was so amazed at how perfectly timed and orchestrated everything was on our wedding day. Jill (our wedding coordinator) is probably my favorite human being on earth. She was always there to answer my questions or accommodate my requests (and I think I sent her more emails than I've ever sent anyone in my life). Jill literally took my vision for my wedding and turned it into real life - everything came out so beautifully and the space took my breath away when I saw it on the day of! Jill & Stacey are always on the ball and made everything happen behind the scenes so that I didn't have to worry about one single thing on my wedding day. We had planned an outdoor ceremony and when it started to rain, I was so impressed with how the CCB staff managed to pull together the most beautiful indoor ceremony space at the drop of a hat. From the gorgeous space, to the food, to the price & payment plan, I could not have asked for a better venue. Thank you to Jill, Stacey & the rest of the CCB staff and vendors for making our wedding day the BEST DAY EVER!

Sent on 12/12/2015

Canoe Club Ballroom's reply:

Thank you so so much Cori for sharing your overall experience with us!! It was SUCH a pleasure working with you and Dan while planning your special day. We are so happy to hear that you both enjoyed it!! <3, Jill & Stacy

Kimberly · Married on 05/22/2015

I really can’t put into words how absolutely perfect Jill and Stacy made my wedding. They were like little secret service women with their microphones in their ears when they needed to communicate with one another. The clasp on my dress broke in the back from so many people hugging me so my zipper kept falling. Leave it to Stacy because these ladies literally do EVERYTHING, to sew the back of my dress in her office and send me on my way within 3 minutes. Someone stepped on my dress outside while I was taking pictures and within 2 minutes Jill was cleaning it with tide wipes and it was completely gone.

These are just the little details that they did so effortlessly and might have meant nothing to them but just another nights worth of work, but really meant everything to me.

We went to the November taste testing for food after we booked and we were a little scared once we left. There were so many options because they wanted you to be able to taste all of the upgrades, the food was bland and it was all in steamers. It was not what we thought it would be and we were getting nervous about our decision. We expressed our concerns to Jill and she set up a private tasting for just the 2 of us and what a difference! She explained that plated food is a lot different and I think with offering so many different dishes, it was overwhelming. Even on the night of the wedding, EVERYONE said the food was amazing! The venue was a little over my budget on what I wanted to spend for my wedding but you can certainly rest assure that Jill and Stacy will do everything and anything to make your day as perfect as can be.

Jill, thank you so much for being my right hand girl through this whole process. You were more amazing than I could have ever hoped for. You are going to be a BEAUTIFUL bride :o)
    Stacy, you have an amazing business and a real gift and passion for what you do. Thank you for making my day so special with your amazing team.

Kimberly Correira (Tobiaz :o) )

Sent on 06/10/2015

Steffanie · Married on 03/21/2015

The women here are brilliant and will make your day stress free, They’re just awesome, they are loving, caring, very friendly and easy to talk to. Anytime I had a question, email or phone call they responded immediately to me. Any crazy idea I came up with or had questions about they answered. The food was awesome and that was so very important to me. It was totally worth every penny I paid. Jill and Stacey did a wonderful job arranging the tasting with the options we wanted. I got to see a lot of those two ladies and worked very close with them throughout the whole process, they were like family to me. I wouldn’t have changed them for the world. They went far above and beyond any expectation my husband and I had. They had every question to ask about every detail, even the ones you have not thought of yet and some really good ideas (if you’re having an open bar – do the burger sliders and fries) And in the last few days before the wedding they managed to keep me grounded and I thank them for that. They put my schedule for the wedding day together; they corresponded with all of my vendors so I didn’t have to worry about planning that, they pretty much do it all. I would call them the Jack & Jill’s of everything. They even put my centerpieces together for me, I didn’t have to do a thing, and it was amazing. From the moment we arrived at the Canoe Club the day of the wedding, we had the ladies as attendants to us, they got us drinks and tended to all of our needs, and my guests needs. Every single guest commented to me about the wedding how much they loved it. It had been the best wedding anyone in my family and friends had ever been too. I thank them for all of their help, I thank them for all the time and effort they put into MY wedding, I thank them for helping me put together a magical wedding day no one will ever forget. It was more than I ever could have expected. I look back on my wedding day and all I can say is “WOW”

Sent on 04/23/2015