Candid Moments Photography Reviews

Candid Moments Photography 7
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 07/05/2019

Amazing overall experience

I am beyond satisfied that I used Candid Moments Photography for my wedding. I’m ecstatic! Ten years ago I was in a wedding that they did, and ever since then I have followed them on social media and their website. Photography is a big part of my life, and it was one of the most important aspects of my wedding. I made the right choice with Candid Moments, and Doug and Georgi were amazing, professional, and I was right to completely entrust such an important day to them. I’m in love with the photos and their talent. And not only that, the entire process from start to finish has been easy and enjoyable. Gina was only a quick email away and she helped make the process simple and exciting. You can’t go wrong with this team!

Sent on 08/13/2019

Hi Amy!

Thank you so much for your kind words and it was a pleasure working with you and Christian! So happy you love the photos and hope you enjoy them year after year! We look forward to working with you guys again, perhaps some family photos in the future!
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 12/07/2018

Candid Moments were exactly what we were looking for!

After looking through various vendors in our wedding area we chose Candid Moments Photography to do our wedding, and we made the right choice! From the beginning, Doug (the owner) and Gina (their office manager) were so good about communication and expectations. They clearly laid out what each package included, took the time to see what we wanted out of our wedding photography and helped us choose the right package for us. We did not feel pressured for an up-sell or add-ons that we really did not want. During the planning process, Doug was fantastic, but he’s a busy guy (Because he and his other photographers are amazing)! Gina was AMAZING when it came to communication. And Doug took the time to conference call us a few times while planning the event to help with photography timelines, offer suggestions and make sure we were getting what we wanted. We really appreciated his help and expertise. On the big day though, our photographer was Kevin – and we could not have been happier with him. He called us the week before to finalize timelines, again – offer suggestions and make sure everything was in order. From that phone call we could tell that we were going to have a good time working with Kevin. On the day of, Kevin made sure we had his contact information and kept in constant contact leading up to and during the events. He helped staged the perfect “first look” photographs, and really made the whole process a lot of fun! During the ceremony, I must admit that I was not focused on Kevin, only on my husband to be. But, after doing our first look photos and outdoors portraits before the ceremony – we knew he’d capture everything we wanted. After the ceremony he did an awesome job of keeping to our timeline and commanding the attention of our family – which let’s be honest, for any family – it’s like herding cats. But, they listened to him – we got all our requested family shots with time to spare. At the reception we did our thing and Kevin continued to photograph what we were looking for – the venue, people portraits, candid moments, the details, etc. Our guests were even having a great time with him. I honestly cannot wait to see our photos, I just know that Kevin was the perfect person to capture our big day – and we could not be happier with him and the whole Candid Moments Photography team. They were amazing, and we would recommend them to anyone. Thank you!

Sent on 01/16/2019
    Candid Moments Photography 15
    Candid Moments Photography 16
    Candid Moments Photography 17

Liv · Married on 08/26/2018

Doug and the whole team was wonderful during our wedding this past weekend. There are no words to express the gratitude we have for making our day so easy and memorable. I would recommend his team to anyone and can't wait to see the final photos!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Hi Olivia!

Thank you! We loved working with you and Lev on your wedding day and we can't wait to share the photos!!

Celeste · Married on 08/18/2018

Incredibly kind, patient, professional, talented! Our pictures are stunning!!

Sent on 09/20/2018

HI Celeste!

Thank you so much for your review! Glad you and Rich love the photos! It was a pleasure working with you both on your wedding day! Congrats again!!

Lauren · Married on 07/28/2018

Working with Candid Moments Photography was an amazing experience! First off, the communication was great. Gina and Doug made sure to keep us updated and answered all of our questions. They also led us in the direction of a first look, something we are so happy to have done! We picked Kevin as our photographer because of his reviews of making the process relaxing - something an anxious bride like me greatly appreciated! Kevin and Adam, our second photographer, really kept the flow of the photographs relaxed and fun. All our family and friends loved them! Jeff and I had a bit of a mishap and needed to do some of the family pictures during cocktail hour, but Kevin and Adam were able to get them ALL done in time for us to still enjoy a part of the cocktail hour, something both Jeff and I greatly appreciated. We got to see some of the pictures Kevin took and can NOT wait to see the finished products in a few weeks. We highly recommend Candid Moments along with Kevin and Adam!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Hi Lauren!

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are glad the Kevin and Adam were there to make your day run smoothly! We cannot wait for you to see the photos! Thanks again for choosing Candid Moments! And please spread the word to any friends that may need a photographer in the future!

Meghan · Married on 07/13/2018

Candid Moments Photography is AMAZING! I was in my best friends wedding 3 years ago and she used CMP for her wedding. I loved working with them so much that I asked Doug for his card before the night was over and told him "when I get married, I will be calling you to be my photographer". I was not even engaged at the time but loved them and their work so much that I already knew I wanted them to photograph my wedding. Well...2 years after that I called and booked them for my own wedding. I used Georgi and Kevin as well as Brad their videographer. They were all great to work with and their photos/videos captured every single moment of that special day. I worked with Georgi the most as he did our engagement shoot and worked with myself and my bridesmaids as we got ready. He was very personable and fun to work with! I was worried about looking "staged" or not natural and when I expressed my concern he simply said "You won't even know I am there, just enjoy your day and I will capture every moment"..boy was he right!! I got all the formal pictures I wanted and the candids are some of my favorite! He never pulled me in different directions and I enjoyed every minute of that day! Gina their studio manager was also amazing to work with! I always had a million questions and she always answered back very promptly and helped me with everything a long the way! I cannot say enough good things about CMP! I loved working with them in my own wedding as well as several other that I have been in. They are truly talented and amazing at what they do! Thanks to their amazing photos and videos and can look back and remember every special moment of my wedding day!

Sent on 10/02/2018
    Candid Moments Photography 25
    Candid Moments Photography 26
    Candid Moments Photography 27

Hi Meghan!

Thank you so much for your kind words! We were absolutely thrilled that you and Andrew contacted us again! So glad you loved working with the team!

Kind Regards,

Chrissy · Married on 06/08/2018

We just got our sneak peek photos from our wedding on 06/08/18 and they are gorgeous. I can't wait to see all the rest of the photos. Doug is so easy to work with and Georgi takes beautiful photos with great lighting. We are in LOVE with our wedding photos so far. I highly recommend Candid Moments!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Hi Chrissy!

Thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you and Ron on your wedding day! We can't wait for you to see all of the finished photos!

Kelly · Married on 05/11/2018

You won't go wrong choosing Candid Moments as your photographer!! Doug was great to work with and captured the most amazing photos from our special day. He & his team deserve 5 stars because I feel that they go above and beyond. They do a lot of prepping BEFORE the big day so that you can be stress free & just enjoy the day while they get all the perfect pictures with your assigned guests as previously discussed. Would work with them again & would recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 08/03/2018
    Candid Moments Photography 28

Hi Kelly!

Thank you so much! You and Mike were a pleasure to work with! We wish you both an eternity of love and happiness!

Nicole · Married on 03/16/2018

I highly recommend Candid Moments!! They were amazing from the start. We worked with Doug and Adam the day of, but even talking to Gina; everyone has been awesome! The pictures are beautiful and I can’t stop looking at them! I love how attentive they are; and when I have a question, they get back to me within 24 hours. It was so cold and windy out the day of the wedding but they still wanted to get outside pictures; I am grateful because there are so many great ones and I don’t feel like I am missing out!! I mostly love the "outside of the box" photos that Doug took; never did I think, that I would be standing on a table, in my wedding dress, in the middle of the hotel lobby and it is one of my absolute favorite photos! The different ways they took pictures was truly amazing and I am so glad we chose them for our special day!! Thank you so much, Doug, Adam and everyone else that has been part of this process!!!!

Sent on 06/25/2018
    Candid Moments Photography 29
    Candid Moments Photography 30
    Candid Moments Photography 31
    Candid Moments Photography 32

Margie · Married on 11/11/2017

Great from the very start ~ highly recommend

Sent on 11/25/2017

Hi Margie!

I wanted to thank you for your review! Thanks so much, and please refer us to your friends!

Nicole · Married on 10/08/2017

There aren't words to describe my satisfaction with Candid Moments Photography. From the first time we met with Doug and saw his portfolio and what a kind, easy to talk to person he was we knew we had to have him. Once we had our engagement photoshoot we had no questions that it was the right decision. Not only were the photos completely breath-taking (on a day with no so favorable weather, about 40 degrees and high winds..) he remained professional, fun to work with and gave us an amazing product. The day of our wedding we had the privilege to have Doug and Kevin photograph our day and they really did feel like part of our family. They made sure that we got amazing shots but were never demanding or bossy-- they gave us options and ultimately let us do what we felt we wanted to do to get the most out of our big day. Our friends and family all said how much they enjoyed being photographed by the team at Candid Moments and how having them there to capture the day just enhanced their experience-- it never felt like outsiders watching us, they just felt like they belonged. My husband and I were worried about looking staged or posed but these guys have such an amazing way at getting you to have fun and be yourself while still making sure that you get that shot that you wanted. I would also be remiss to not include Gina, who did the communicating and coordination, she was a true pleasure to work with and always responded in such a prompt and helpful way. I will tell anyone that asks that booking with Candid Moments is the best decision we made as part of our wedding day and know that we will not only treasure our photos for a lifetime but also the experience of working with these amazing people. You will not regret booking with them it was worth every penny!!!

Sent on 10/14/2017
    Candid Moments Photography 33

Hi Nicole!
    Thank you so much for your kind words! We love working with clients like you and Jeff! You make our job fun and effortless! Our priority is to always make everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera, and we are glad you and Jeff felt that way! Thank you for spreading the word about Candid! We wish you and Jeff an eternity of love and happiness!

Melanie · Married on 09/03/2017

We worked with Kevin as our lead photographer, but we also had contact with the owner Doug initially, and Gina throughout the whole process. Everyone we dealt with was fantastic! We really wanted to use them after being recommended by a family friend and Doug worked with our budget to get us a package perfect for us! Kevin was an absolute pleasure to work with and was great at being flexible when plans had to change a bit due to those wedding day glitches! He made sure we had every shot we wanted and made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera! I felt completely at ease all day! There was a chance of rain on our big day and Gina was so great at working with me to try to come up with a plan and she made me feel like no matter what we would still have great photos! I would definitely recommend anyone who can deal with my photo-crazy family!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Hi Melanie!

Thank you so much! We are so happy you were thrilled with Kevin on your wedding day! You and Anthony have been a pleasure to work with!

Carole · Married on 09/03/2017

After a lot of research and looking at so many photographers work, I was fortunate enough to find Candid Moments Photography at a bridal show. The owner, Doug Burns, was so kind and I was so impressed with him and his work that I knew that I wanted to have him photograph our wedding. We first met with Doug at his studio where he showed us more of his work, as well as his other photographers work and also went over in detail packages and pricing. He was extremely professional and took a genuine interest in getting to know more about us personally. While all of his team of photographers do outstanding work we decided to go with Doug because we really loved the artistry of his photos. We definitely made a fantastic decision! We just recently received our photos and are completely thrilled with them! Our wedding day went by so quickly and it was so hard to remember a lot because so much was happening, but Doug was wonderful in having captured all of the moments we were missing as well as the moments we were caught up in! He was so friendly and easy to work with and so many people, especially my mom, commented on how much they liked him. Also, I must mention how fabulous his Studio Manager, Gina, is - she was so quick to respond to any questions I had as well as constantly communicating with us before and after the wedding. Lastly, a very big "THANK YOU!' to Candid Moments Photography for such a beautiful and amazing job! Carole D

Sent on 10/27/2017

Hi Carole!

Hope you and Steve are doing well! Now that things have calmed down for us, I had a chance to look back at our reviews, and I apologize for not responding sooner! Thank you soo much for your kind words. We loved working with you both and hope you keep in touch! Thanks again, and please let us know if you need anything in the future!
    ~The Candid Moments Photography Team!

Susan · Married on 07/29/2017

Doug and his partner captured all the precious moments at my daughter’s wedding. Great candid shots. So many great pictures to chose from for the album. I highly recommend them . Our pictures were better than any I have ever seen

Sent on 09/18/2018

Hi Susan!

Thank you for being such a big fan of Candid Moments! Rachel and Greg were awesome to work with! Please keep spreading the word!

Elizabeth · Married on 07/08/2017

I used Candid Moments for my wedding on July 8th, 2017. Kevin was the lead photographer and Adam was the 2nd photographer. They were absolutely amazing! We said that we wanted a lot of candid photos that captured the story of the day (because we didn't have a videographer) and that's exactly what they did. They were both laid back and easy to work with. The followed our plan exactly and had great ideas for shots. They worked quickly through our list of photos and made sure to get all the ones we wanted. Our photos are stunning and we cannot wait to get them developed and frame them in our home. Thank you Kevin and Adam!

Sent on 09/01/2017

HI Elizabeth!

Thank you so much! You and Spencer have been a pleasure to work with! Your wedding was filled with so much emotion and happiness and we are glad Kevin and Adam were there to capture it! We wish you both an infinite number of years of joy and happiness!

Cheers!
    The Candid Moments Photography Team!

Danielle · Married on 03/24/2017

Candid Moments exceeds your expectations. Doug is amazing. Wonderful visions and willing to get down and dirty to get the perfect shot. Our engagement photos were amazing and we can't wait to see all of our wedding photos! We loved working with Candid Moments and look forward to using them again in the future.

Gina, who coordinates everything, is amazing as well. So sweet and very easy to work with. You have questions - they respond very quickly. Truly awesome people. Be sure to check out the blog as well - it's amazing.

We love you Doug! Can't wait for our next session.

Sent on 04/01/2017

Hi Danielle!
    Thank you for your kind words! You and Chris have been awesome to work with! We are so happy you loved the engagement photos! We cannot wait to deliver your wedding photos to you! We can't wait to work with you guys again in the future!

Alyssa · Married on 12/23/2016

Kevin was great to work with!! He stayed calm, cool, and collected under pressure (bridal party was an hour late to the pre-church photo shoot-- whoops!!) and produced amazing pictures! I (the bride) was worried about not having enough time to take all of the pictures I had planned, but Kevin assured me we'd be fine, and he was right -- it all worked out and I am more than pleased with the final products. My husband and I love our slideshow and we are excited to show all our friends and family photos from our special day. We'll cherish them forever! Thank you so much! :)

Sent on 03/27/2017

Hi Alyssa!

Thank you so much! We loved working with you and Fran! Have a lifetime of love and happiness together!

Nihara · Married on 10/29/2016

Candid Moments was the vendor we enjoyed working with the most! Doug and Gina were extremely responsive and professional. Gina always kept us informed on what to expect before our meetings, coordinated our the engagement photo shoot and wedding day details and was extremely helpful designing our wedding album.
    We had Doug and Daniel as our wedding photographers and loved all the pictures they took. Doug made us feel super comfortable right from our first meeting. He made sure he got all the shots I requested and also got tons of great candid pictures.
    We're so glad we chose Candid Moments to photograph our wedding. We love all our pictures, the slideshow they made for us and our beautiful album!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Hi Nihara!
    Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved working with you and Matt! We wish you many, many years of continued love and happiness!
    The Candid Moments Team

Lauren · Married on 10/07/2016

We were so happy with Candid Moments. From the beginning, my husband Ben did not want to spend too much money on photos and insisted we only needed 1 photographer. After initially speaking to our photographer Doug- he asked if we wanted 2 photographers but was never pushy. About a month before the wedding I decided I wanted 2 photographers and we booked Kevin. I am SO thankful we had 2 and so was my husband Ben. Doug got all of our shots from the front of the church and Kevin got the back. They were both very creative and posed us for shots I would never have thought of! Also- Doug was wonderful with children. I have a nephew that is very shy and Doug really cheered him up and helped get him to smile. We had 20 people in our bridal party and 8 ring bearers/flower girls that Doug and Kevin managed very well. Doug even stayed late to catch some late night images. We are so in love with every photo. Also- Gina is awesome! She was so helpful and quick to respond with any questions we had. I'm so happy we had Candid Moments for our wedding day!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Hi Lauren!!

Thank you so much!! You and Ben were awesome to work with!! We are so happy we had the opportunity to work with you on your wedding day! We wish you an infinite number of years of happiness together!

Stephanie · Married on 10/01/2016

Don't look any further... went to friend's wedding and she recommended, and we used and we loved! Had two amazing photographers- made you feel comfortable (we are very camera shy), Lead photographer Doug and 2nd photographer Kevin. Did first look photos and really were able to enjoy the day spent with the bridal party and the groom's party and family! prompt responses to emails- assistant Gina amazing! Photos are gorgeous and arrived quickly after the wedding and they truly lived up to their name and captured moments I didn't even realize had happened :) Can't say enough great things- thanks so much for the memories :)

Sent on 12/20/2016

Hi Stephanie!
    You are too kind! You and Travis are awesome clients and we are so glad we had the chance to work with you both! Have a happy and healthy New Year!

Tara & Chris · Married on 09/04/2016

We used Doug for our Wedding and Engagement photos in 2016 and could not have been happier! The pictures, wedding slideshow, album and canvas print we ordered all came out beautifully! Doug and his team are extremely responsive and kept us informed throughout the planning process of what to expect. I would highly recommend for any photography needs!! ~ Tara & Chris

Sent on 05/11/2017

Hi Tara!!
    Thank you so much! We loved working with you and Chris, and we wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!

Katie · Married on 09/03/2016

We found Candid Moments when we were looking through photo books at our venue, and as soon as we saw the beautiful landscape photos at sunset, we were sold. Doug was great to work with from the beginning, and is an incredible artist. Gina was also very helpful in coordinating our photos and providing all of the necessary details, and she was always so friendly. We were beyond impressed with our engagement photos, which made us even more excited for the wedding photos. We received our wedding photos today, and I hope it says something that I am already writing the review. We were completely blown away by the emotion, love and happiness caught on film. Doug and Georgi represented who my husband and I are as a couple beautifully, as well as our family and friends. Not only were they great photographers, but they also helped organize the day and keep us on schedule. I am now so thrilled to have the gorgeous sunset photos of my own that I fell in love with a year and a half ago. Candid Moments will absolutely exceed your expectations for your wedding! THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Hi Katie!

Thank you so much for your kind words about Candid Moments! We are happy you are both happy! We are glad the entire experience was wonderful! Hope you both have many many happy years to come!

Lauren · Married on 06/18/2016

We had initially booked a different photography for our wedding, and it was a challenge to communicate. She was frequently rescheduling and forgetting our appointments. Then we found candid moments, and it changed our whole experience! The entire team was so attentive, professional, and best of all, talented! We are over the moon with our photos! Thank you, Lauren and Jay Roux

Sent on 12/25/2016

Hi Lauren and Jay!

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you both and we were happy we could turn your photography experience into a positive one! Take care!

Kathleen · Married on 05/22/2016

I would definitely use this company again! Adam was our photographer for our engagement pics and he knows how to make you look amazing!! We love our engagement pics as does everyone else who sees them. It is really helpful if you are on the fence about engagement pics to get them done by a photographer to get comfortable with the person and also to get used to someone taking pictures of you all day. We did this and it worked out so well - we used Adam for our wedding day recently - He is super nice, fun to work with, funny and very creative - My fiance and I aren't big picture takers but we both felt very comfortable with him and not awkward at all! It is a weird thing to be photographed all day but he made it fun. He showed us some of the pics right after he took them and I think they're gonna be awesome! I cant wait to get our pics back!
    He also had Mike with him that day as the 2nd shooter and he was super nice as well. He spent the begininng of the afternoon with my groom and his groomsmen and they all liked him as well. He had his own ideas about different poses and places we could take pics so I am so excited to those pics too ! Also very laid back, great sense of humor and easy to work with !
    And they both got along with my dog (who was in both my engagement pics and wedding pics)- major plus in my book! You will definitely not regret your decision if you book with these guys!

Sent on 05/27/2016

Hi Katie!

Thank you so much for your kind words about Adam and Candid Moments Photography! You & Josh have been a pleasure to work with!

The Candid Moments Team

Karen · Married on 05/21/2016

We highly recommend Candid Moments Photography! From our meeting with Doug the Owner and Adam, whom we booked as our engagement and wedding photographer, to our emails with Gina the Studio Manager, Candid Moments Photography has been wonderful and professional to deal with. They were prompt and clear in their responses to our questions and, perhaps most importantly, we love our photographs!! I love looking at our photographs because I feel like they really captured us and who we are together. On our wedding day, Adam and our second photographer Mike were on time, came with back-up equipment, helped us wrangle our large wedding party, and made sure we felt comfortable during our photographs – even though both my husband and I find it awkward when posing for photographs. Though it rained on our wedding day, Adam and Mike helped turn that into a positive by capturing some amazing photographs of us outside in the rain under a large umbrella.

Sent on 08/11/2016

Candid Moments Photography's reply:

Thank you Karen! You and John are our favorite kinds of clients! You made our job easy :} We wish you many many years of love & happiness!

The Candid Moments Team!