Canadian Honker Restaurant & Catering Reviews

12 | Rochester, MN

12 Reviews for Canadian Honker Restaurant & Catering

Ann · Married on 07/07/2018

We used Powers Ventures/Canadian Honker for our wedding at Mayowood Stone Barn. They were amazing to work with. We worked specifically with Adam. I really liked how connected they were with the barn manager so everyone knew what was going on. The food was amazing and the prices compared to the cities were uncomparable. We did four passed appetizers, a plated dinner and an open bar. They also cut our cake for free. We had a chicken, filet mignon, salmon and butternut squash ravioli. We had an open bar and they were extremely accomodating letting me chose no shots and also having a cut off point when we got to it but their bar prices are nearly half of venues in the cities. Although we had no choice but to go through them, we had an amazing experience!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Tiffany · Married on 07/29/2017

We had Canadian Honker cater our wedding. My contact person was Chad and he was great to work with! I couldn't believe how smoothly the whole process went and we had a big group. We had food allergies as well and that was not a problem at all. The food was amazing and I'm still getting compliments.
    Tiffany (Bride)

Sent on 08/31/2017

Brittany · Married on 09/17/2016

Canadian Honker catered our wedding at the Mayowood Stone Barn this last Friday and did absolutely incredible! We were complimented on our food all night long and were told by many people that their plates were clean haha. We loved working with Chad, who was very accommodating during the process and was open to our specific suggestions. Not only was our food great, but we heard from lots of people how great the servers were. They were personable, funny and made our guests feel totally at ease. Best food of the night was by far the Mushroom Demi-glase Steak and the Blueberry Goat Cheese Salad. So great! Thanks Chad and the rest of the Canadian Honker team for an incredible wedding dinner!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Ellen · Married on 07/13/2013

My husband and I got married in a barn in July and wanted our food to be light, casual, but still classy. The Canadian Honker delivered! We had chicken and steak k'bobs with garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus. They also put together a fabulous greens salad with craisins, feta cheese and slivered almonds, with a light balsamic dressing. A highlight for our guests was the appetizers during our cocktail hour. Although we were too busy to eat them, we heard rave reviews and enjoyed everything during our initial tasting. We received so many compliments on the food, and really enjoyed working with Chad. He was honest and helpful every step of the way. Great value, great service, great caterer!

Sent on 08/09/2013

Jill · Married on 10/27/2012

Great food, great prices, great people. I have nothing but good things to say about the Honker. We received many positive comments on the food that was served and they were prompt, efficient, polite, and all around great!

Sent on 11/05/2012

Annie · Married on 05/28/2012

We used their catering service for our barn wedding reception. Excellent food quantity, generous servings, and a great staff. We love them!

Sent on 01/19/2013

Seth · Married on 08/08/2003

If you are looking for a catering service for your wedding or any event this is the place to go. They can adjust their menu to whatever style you are looking for and their employees are top notch. The price is very reasonable especially for what you get in return.

Sent on 08/14/2008

Merideth · Married on 10/22/2011

Great food, very flexible in designing our menu which was a big hit at our wedding. We had a lot of options for food and how to serve the food. They responded to our phone calls/emails right away and answered all our questions. Appreciated the upfront nature in how they presented the costs, made it much easier to budget. Also loved that we could supply our own wine! During the wedding, there was a tip jar placed out on the beverage table, but they were apologetic and it really wasn't a huge deal. Great experience and it was nice to support a local restaurant!

Sent on 11/07/2011

Adam · Married on 06/17/2006

For the reception our catering vendor was The Canadian Honker, a locally owned and operated restaurant and catering business in Rochester. We had been referred by others who had given them good verbal reviews, and we found our experience working with them to be just as enjoyable and flexible. We were able to completely customize our meal, and able to sample the fare in a taste-test session before finally deciding the kinds of food we wanted. Their Chicken Kiev was spectacular, and the sides were tasty as well. They were flexible to work with, making sure that we were able to have our meal according to our wedding schedule. Overall, cost-wise, they are respectable as that goes; being overly frugal in most matters, I did not want to spend too much, but I think we got as good a deal as we could have elsewhere - and probably a lot better tasting food! They even let us keep the leftovers, so my wife and I had extra food that lasted us a couple of weeks...not too shabby. Overall we were pleased, just wish it could have been a bit more reasonably priced for our budget.

Sent on 02/20/2008

Katie · Married on 06/16/2010

3.5

The food was great, but it did take a lot of meetings for me to feel that we were on the same page. I probably wasn't prepared enough the first time I went in so I'd suggest going in with a detailed checklist to make sure you cover everything, including if you want them to provide cocktail napkins, plastic or glass stemware, etc.

Sent on 07/06/2010

Elijah · Married on 09/28/2008

Recommended -- did a great job of providing excellent, hot food at a remote location on a farm. Many of the guests commented on how much they liked the food.

Sent on 11/05/2008

Briana · Married on 06/06/2008

4.2

We had our reception at the Rochester International Event Center which is catered by the same people. The food was excellent and the staff and bartenders treated the guest very well. I would highly recommend this vendor!

Sent on 06/16/2008