Campus Club Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Sarah L. Married on 10/12/2019

12/10 recommend Campus Club

We are so pleased that we selected Campus Club for our October wedding. From the first email inquiry we sent to the Campus Club, we were impressed with the diligence, competence, and experience of the staff. The space worked well for us and our guests. There is plenty of space for everyone to spread out - the terrace, the dining room, the lounge area, and the bar. We had a variety to guests from kids to my 90 year old grandparents and everyone was comfortable. The views are stunning from every single one of the spaces! We had hoped that our ceremony would be on the terrace but it was unseasonably cold (and snowing) on our wedding day so we ended up having it indoors. We were initially disappointed but it worked out great to have guests sit at the dining tables and was really pretty. The space is nicely finished and requires very little decor to look pretty for a wedding - we only did centerpieces and cafe lighting and it looked great! This saved us a bunch of money too. The food was excellent and all of our guests’ dietary limitations were accommodated. Leading up to our wedding, we worked mostly with Jenn who is very organized and responsive and takes care of all the details we hadn’t thought of. She responded to every one of our (million) questions right away. On the day of our wedding, the managers and staff made everything run absolutely perfectly. These people really know what they’re doing. We couldn’t be happier about our wedding day. Thanks Campus Club!

Campus Club's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, Sarah. It was such a pleasure working with you and we couldn't be happier for you and Joe!
  • Daniel
    Daniel W. Married on 02/02/2019

Spectacular Winter Wedding

My husband and I were married at this event in February and it was just a fantastic experience. We were very new to planning a wedding and did not really know where to start. The event manager Jenn at the Campus Club was very helpful in guiding us through our event, providing multiple options for layout of the venue, and what all to include/do ourselves. We could even include our dog during the ceremony! The staff was professional and friendly at the event. The food was incredible! All people could talk about after the wedding was the steak. Highly recommend! It is a great price for the food, the view, and space. Many places to take pictures around as well, with the columns in front of Coffman, the view off the terrace, and more. Cannot say enough how gracious, helpful, and accommodating the event managers and staff were.
    Niloufar H. Married on 01/26/2019

Awesome Experience-Elegant and Classy

My daughter's wedding took place at Campus club. This was the best decision of the entire wedding decisions. First, communication with Jenn was great in regard to planning with vendors, etc.
    Food was fantastic including appetizers and desserts. All our guests were pleased with their meals and that doesn't happen often.
    Further, You can't ask for a better location. The building is beautiful and at the sights from the 4th floor are amazing especially at night. Staff were professional and attended to our guests and their request. Brent and Nick were Awesome! We were able to use the entire 4th floor and all the rooms for bride and bridesmaids getting ready. The salon staff did the bride and bridesmaids hair and makeup in the Shephard room which couldn't be better. There is plenty of light in that room and Jenn provided us with full length mirrors. They were willing to provide us lunch. The ceremony took place at ABC room which is perfect for such an event. I recommend this place for any major event!
    Maisee M. Married on 07/28/2018

Moua-Kieselbach Wedding

One of the best decisions my husband and I made while planning our wedding was to use the Campus Club as our venue. On one side of the reception room, you could see the Minneapolis skyline, on another side, the Mississippi River. We had 230 guests who were present and the venue had more than enough space to accommodate all guests.

Moreover, Campus Club has a restaurant and bar, lobby, various rooms that you could use for whatever purposes, and of course, the terrace looking over the Minneapolis skyline and beautiful courtyard on the U of M campus. We had guests in all spaces of the Campus Club throughout the night. Many of our guests made comments of how much they loved our wedding and choice of venue as 1/3 of our guests appreciated a space just hanging out and away from the loud music during dance time.

Jenn and her team were responsive, accommodating, and extremely flexible. We made changes to our wedding planning constantly, up to the week of the wedding and still, Jenn did an AMAZING job giving us what we wanted. In addition, Jenn worked closely with our vendors and made sure everything was set for the day of the wedding. We are so thankful that we found a location that worked for us and would recommend the Campus Club to any bride and groom to-be!
    Amy Married on 08/26/2017
    We had our wedding at the Campus Club last weekend, and I must say it was a success with many thanks to the staff there! We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all at this location, which made it easier for out of town guests so they would not have to move once they arrived. Jenn, our coordinator, was so helpful with the details and made sure we were taken care of from the moment we booked this venue. Everything was flawlessly and all of our guests loved the gorgeous view from the terrace and the bar room for conversation throughout the wedding as well.
    In addition, the food was absolutely amazing. It tasted great at our tasting but honestly it blew us away at the reception. I highly recommend this gorgeous venue along with the great staff that will make sure you're set for the big day! Thank you to the Campus Club!
    Elly Married on 05/06/2017
    We had our wedding at the Campus Club in early May and we were so happy with it, we wanted to do it all over again. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at the Campus Club. We worked primarily with Jenn but I think I probably spoke, emailed, or met every person there at some point because they were all so helpful. Jenn was amazing. I probably emailed her nothing short of 100 questions and she answered them quickly and was also so nice and happy to help. She did a great job of sending me updated confirmations when we made changes and she had a lot of insight/suggestions/etc. She truly is a pro at what she does and our wedding day went perfectly because of her planning and help. Sadly she was on vacation the day of our wedding, but everyone that was there that day was so professional, helpful and friendly. We just could not have asked for a better experience in planning on wedding. The venue and the food and drink, etc are such big decisions with so many little details. And Jenn made sure we covered each one. The other great thing about this venue is the space itself. We got so many compliments on the amount of space, the amazing view, the variety of places for guests to mingle. Don’t want to dance? Grab a drink at the bar. Too many shots? Get a breath of fresh air on the terrace overlooking downtown. It’s a beautiful venue with an amazing team of people there to make your day everything you wanted and more. I have to stress the ‘and more’- we went back two days after to collect our gifts and things and my handkerchief from my grandma was missing. I thought I left it on the head table but it was not with any of our stuff. What did Jenn and Jane and company do? Put on rubber gloves and actually looked through linen bags and the garbage bin looking for it. I’m embarrassed to tell the story, because the hanky ended up getting tucked into one of our toasting glasses, but they deserve the credit for being the definition of going above and beyond.
    Kati R. Married on 08/20/2016
    We had our wedding at the Campus Club in August, and it was PERFECT! We live in NYC and we had to plan the wedding from out of state, but Jenn, Jane and their team made it very easy to plan, they were there to help every step of the way, answering questions whenever we needed. And the wedding day was BEAUTIFUL. The ceremony was outside on the terrace with the beautiful view. And there was a rain plan if it rained, which was important to us. We were able to have the ceremony outside, but we loved that they were flexible and able to decide last minute if we were going to need to move the ceremony indoors. The reception in the West Wing was spectacular, and we had our first dance, speeches, and dinner as the sun was setting - it was an epic, cinematic sky! We've gotten so many compliments on the space and the food. The food was something that was very important to us, and it was local and unique and delicious! The Staff was so friendly and helpful. We always had what we needed. I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful experience. And all at a reasonable cost. We HIGHLY recommend this venue!
    Anna Married on 08/06/2016
    Hands down the best wedding reception venue ever! My husband and I couldn't be happier with our choice to have our wedding reception hosted at the Campus Club. The food was delicious (multiple guests commented on how much they loved it), the staff was helpful and great to work with, and the views are second to none! The patio was the perfect place for people to hang out during cocktail hour and the dining room worked out great for the dinner and dancing. In addition, our wedding coordinator, Jane, was a pleasure to work with- she was so organized and helped us with our reception planning so that everything went off without a hitch. With all of the stress of wedding planning, we appreciated very much her calm demeanor and attention to detail! Overall, a great experience with the Campus Club!
    Erica Married on 07/30/2016
    I couldn't imagine a better plan for our wedding than the Campus Club! The staff were great to work with while planning and the weekend of the wedding they couldn't have been better. Alexis made sure everything was perfect for my bridesmaids and I, and Nick went out of his way to help with setup. This venue was unique and so much fun. After our ceremony they even reset the terrace so that our guests could sit outside and enjoy the view. I loved having such a gorgeous venue and had many compliments throughout the night. It was affordable and I am so glad we had our wedding at the Campus Club.
    Marianne Married on 07/30/2016
    We recently held our daughter's wedding at the Campus Club and could not be more pleased with the staff, food, and site! The ceremony on the terrace overlooking the Campus was beautiful and Jenn and the staff were always helpful and quick to respond to any questions we had. We appreciated the flexibility of being able to adjust numbers and amounts as needed and that they were ready and willing to move things indoors if it started to rain on the day of the wedding. The reception room was lovely and the food was superb. We received many compliments on the wedding and would highly recommend it to anyone!
  • User2679810 2+ years ago
    There are not enough words to describe how absolutely thrilled we were with the value and quality of our Campus Club booking. Extremely organized, efficient, professional, friendly, responsive, flexible.... The staff was an absolute pleasure to work with. From the very beginning, CC works closely with you in helping to plan everything, recommend/contact vendors, ect. And THE FOOD. The highest of quality! (So many guests told us that it was the BEST wedding food they have ever had). The venue itself is also worth raving about. Our ceremony was on the rooftop with a beautiful view of the University of Minnesota and Minneapolis Skyline. The reception hall is equally as beautiful with large windows and great views. We could not have been happier. If we imagined our perfect wedding day, it was exceeded by 10 times. If you're looking for a wedding venue, we HIGHLY recommend Campus Club!
    Charlie Married on 09/05/2015
    The Campus Club did a great job at every step of our wedding and planning. Jane was a huge help with ceremony details, choosing food, scheduling tasting, working with vendors, and the actual ceremony. The food was truly excellent; many guests said so during and after the reception. The servers, bartenders, and managers all did a great job as well. Finally, the prices were very reasonable. I don't believe you can find a nicer venue with better food for twice the price. We spent ~$9000 for about 90 guests including the venue cost, chair rental fees, and taxes. I *HIGHLY* recommend using the Campus Club for your wedding.
    Sue Married on 08/22/2015
    Having used this venue before for a HS reunion, I knew that our wedding experience would be just as wonderful. The event planner, Jane, was super and very responsive. I can't thank the staff enough for their professionalism and willingness to go above and beyond to make our special day the best ever. Our guests were impressed with the beauty of the venue, the excellent food and outstanding service. When we look back at this day years from now, I know that one of the reasons it was so great was because of Jane and everyone else on the staff. And you can't beat the view at night from the balcony!
    E Married on 07/11/2015
    I have nothing bad to say about my experience with the Campus Club. If I had to do it all over again, I'd choose them without hesitation. Jane was very responsive. She understood our intentions and made recommendations on how the CC could help realize them.

Everyone was so flexible about our needs. For example, we had two guests who needed a vegan meal, so instead of making us add options to the buffet the chef prepared them two separate plated meals. Also, we wanted the ceremony outside on the terrace, but thunderstorms were forecast. So the staff set up chairs on the terrace AND inside, and said we could wait as long as we wanted to decide.

Several people told us it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding. We really appreciated the CC's commitment to fresh, local, organic food. Two days before, the chef emailed me with the vegetables she could get locally so I could pick our side dish. And I need to eat gluten-free for health reasons, and it wasn't hard at all to make an entirely GF menu.

The day-of staff was amazing. All of our guests and vendors found the staff fantastic and accommodating. We liked them so much, we had them come join a picture with us at the end of the night.

On top of that, they were one of (if not the most) reasonably priced venues I found in the Twin Cities. All in all, the Campus Club was FANTASTIC and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants urban convenience and sophistication without stuffiness (or a crazy price tag).
    Matthew Married on 06/20/2015
    My fiancé and I had the Campus Club as our wedding ceremony and reception venue this June, and it was fabulous! We had been to a friend's wedding reception there shortly after becoming engaged and from there forward could hardly consider other venues. We knew we wanted the ceremony on the beautiful terrace that overlooked the U of MN campus and downtown and to have our reception in their wonderful dining room with, most importantly, *excellent* food and service. They also had a top-notch bar. And it was within our price range! SCORE! We secured our reservation and were thrilled from there forward. The coordinators worked with us to make sure we took care of all the necessary details, worked well with our other venues, and adapted to our needs where necessary. They even rearranged the room to move the dance floor so that it easily became the dance party we wanted, after dessert. Everyone was very complimentary about the location and the food, the views, etc. We will be renewing our membership with the Campus Club, soon, since I absolutely would reserve space for other events in the future and would recommend it without question, in the future, to others seeking a place to host an event. Thanks to Jenn and Jane for making all our details come together!
  • User2468875 2+ years ago
    We used Campus Club for our rehearsal dinner and it was everything we wanted! The food was superb, the staff was helpful, and the views were amazing!
    Ashley Married on 05/09/2015
    We had our ceremony and reception at the Campus Club and the experience was great! The coordinators are so helpful and flexible and the venue and views are beautiful! The food was AMAZING and the day-of staff were so kind and helpful--they were a big part of making the day great. I would highly recommend the Campus Club to anyone!
  • User2062696 2+ years ago
    The event was a local pre-wedding reception so local friends could meet and congratulate our daughter and her (then) fiancé, who were married later that week out of state. In addition to venue and catering, the Campus Club also provided audio and a projector and screen for a slide show we had prepared.
    Tatiana Married on 10/04/2014
    The Campus Club is by far THE best vendor choice I made for our wedding. I planned the wedding from Chicago and therefore I didn't get to tour the venue, but I took a chance and thank goodness I did.

Jenn and the entire sales team at the Campus Club are absolutely amazing, truly. She's very straightforward and no-nonsense, but she's also wayyyyy more than willing to help you out if you find yourself in a pinch...which I did, several times.

On the day-of, Brent (who I was shocked to find out is new in the office), was absolutely incredible. We had to move the ceremony indoors due to weather and that altered several things for our military wedding. Brent went above and beyond, climbing ladders to cover the hanging ceiling projector so it wouldn't show up in photos. He did several other superhero things to make our vision possible and was kind throughout our many requests. He was absolutely amazing and amidst the craziness of the day, he was thoroughly calm and overwhelmingly flexible. Nick, who took over for Brent at night, was also incredibly helpful. We actually had an elderly wedding guest experience an extreme period of dementia in the evening and go missing. Nick quickly notified campus security and quickly took action. All ended well.

The Campus Club is a beautiful venue with incredible staff and services. Our wedding looked like a very expensive affair, but our final invoice would absolutely shock people. The food is SO delicious (we heard compliments all evening) and people were going back for seconds. The sunset shows through the glass windows, the terrace is lovely, the service staff is FANTASTIC (I sent flowers home with one waitress because she was so darned good).

If I had to do it all over again there are quite a few things I would change, but the one thing I would hands-down do all over again, without a second's hesitation, is the Campus Club.
    Jake Married on 06/21/2014
    We hosted our reception at the Campus Club, and could not be happier with the way that everything turned out. Jenn, our contact at the Campus Club, was incredibly helpful throughout the process. She was willing to offer advice when we needed it and was incredibly flexible and accommodating as we went through the planning process. The evening of the reception itself was incredible, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful at every turn. The food was hands-down some of the best I've ever had. Further, my wife has 15+ severe food allergies and the Campus Club was able to alter one of their menu's dishes for her and other vegetarians at the reception. The facility itself is gorgeous, from wonderful views of the Minneapolis skyline to an incredible terrace to a separate bar/lounge for those looking to take a break from dancing. All in all, this is an incredible venue with marvelous staff; we feel so fortunate to have hosted our reception here.
    Julia Married on 06/15/2014
    Campus Club was such a great venue! We had our ceremony and reception there and everything went so smoothly. The views can't be beat, the staff was amazing to work with (both in planning and during the ceremony and reception), and the food was delicious. We looked at a lot of venues, and the Campus Club was the first one that didn't feel like a scam--It definitely wasn't cheap, but it wasn't a rip off like many of the venues we looked at! We got so many compliments from people about how much they loved the venue. I would recommend the Campus Club 100%!
    Penny Married on 05/24/2014
    We just got married at the Campus Club, and it was wonderful. We chose the venue because of its good value and their flexibility when it came to menus and catering. We were able to customize our menus with the head Chef, who was responsive and delightful and eager to try what we wanted. Jenn, the event coordinator, is wonderful as well, and all the staff who managed our event were terrific.

We did a lot of things ourselves instead of hiring professionals, but Jenn also has a bunch of contacts for vendors if you want them.

We had a truly wonderful time, and owe a big thanks to the Campus Club! I sincerely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a great space at an affordable price, with great and customizable food & drink options. Really first-rate!
    Roxanne Married on 04/05/2014
    We loved the Campus Club as our wedding venue. Our guests (and my husband and I) raved about the food. Many of our guests had never had polenta before and asked us for recipes to use it in the future - it was really nice to have such a delicious option for both vegetarians and meat eaters (pot roast was our other option). The Campus Club was really flexible and accommodating - there were many aspects of our wedding that were DIY and they gave us the support we needed to ensure it was a success. It was a simply beautiful night.
  • User1338074 2+ years ago
    The venue space was gorgeous with views of the Minneapolis skyline and the Weisman. The staff was incredible: friendly, professional, flexible and helpful. The food was delicious, locally sourced, and displayed well. And remarkably, the price was super affordable.
    Anna Married on 09/03/2011
    Campus Club is a beautiful venue for both ceremony and reception. At the end of the wedding, all I heard was compliments from our familiy and friends - delicious food, professional and friendly employees, effortless service. Seriously the best wedding food I've ever had!