Campus Club at the University of Minnesota Reviews

29 Reviews for Campus Club at the University of Minnesota

29 Campus Club at the University of Minnesota Reviews

Maisee Moua · Married on 07/28/2018

Moua-Kieselbach Wedding

One of the best decisions my husband and I made while planning our wedding was to use the Campus Club as our venue. On one side of the reception room, you could see the Minneapolis skyline, on another side, the Mississippi River. We had 230 guests who were present and the venue had more than enough space to accommodate all guests.

Moreover, Campus Club has a restaurant and bar, lobby, various rooms that you could use for whatever purposes, and of course, the terrace looking over the Minneapolis skyline and beautiful courtyard on the U of M campus. We had guests in all spaces of the Campus Club throughout the night. Many of our guests made comments of how much they loved our wedding and choice of venue as 1/3 of our guests appreciated a space just hanging out and away from the loud music during dance time.

Jenn and her team were responsive, accommodating, and extremely flexible. We made changes to our wedding planning constantly, up to the week of the wedding and still, Jenn did an AMAZING job giving us what we wanted. In addition, Jenn worked closely with our vendors and made sure everything was set for the day of the wedding. We are so thankful that we found a location that worked for us and would recommend the Campus Club to any bride and groom to-be!

Amy · Married on 08/26/2017

We had our wedding at the Campus Club last weekend, and I must say it was a success with many thanks to the staff there! We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all at this location, which made it easier for out of town guests so they would not have to move once they arrived. Jenn, our coordinator, was so helpful with the details and made sure we were taken care of from the moment we booked this venue. Everything was flawlessly and all of our guests loved the gorgeous view from the terrace and the bar room for conversation throughout the wedding as well.
    In addition, the food was absolutely amazing. It tasted great at our tasting but honestly it blew us away at the reception. I highly recommend this gorgeous venue along with the great staff that will make sure you're set for the big day! Thank you to the Campus Club!

Elly · Married on 05/06/2017

We had our wedding at the Campus Club in early May and we were so happy with it, we wanted to do it all over again. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at the Campus Club. We worked primarily with Jenn but I think I probably spoke, emailed, or met every person there at some point because they were all so helpful. Jenn was amazing. I probably emailed her nothing short of 100 questions and she answered them quickly and was also so nice and happy to help. She did a great job of sending me updated confirmations when we made changes and she had a lot of insight/suggestions/etc. She truly is a pro at what she does and our wedding day went perfectly because of her planning and help. Sadly she was on vacation the day of our wedding, but everyone that was there that day was so professional, helpful and friendly. We just could not have asked for a better experience in planning on wedding. The venue and the food and drink, etc are such big decisions with so many little details. And Jenn made sure we covered each one. The other great thing about this venue is the space itself. We got so many compliments on the amount of space, the amazing view, the variety of places for guests to mingle. Don’t want to dance? Grab a drink at the bar. Too many shots? Get a breath of fresh air on the terrace overlooking downtown. It’s a beautiful venue with an amazing team of people there to make your day everything you wanted and more. I have to stress the ‘and more’- we went back two days after to collect our gifts and things and my handkerchief from my grandma was missing. I thought I left it on the head table but it was not with any of our stuff. What did Jenn and Jane and company do? Put on rubber gloves and actually looked through linen bags and the garbage bin looking for it. I’m embarrassed to tell the story, because the hanky ended up getting tucked into one of our toasting glasses, but they deserve the credit for being the definition of going above and beyond.

Anna · Married on 08/06/2016

Hands down the best wedding reception venue ever! My husband and I couldn't be happier with our choice to have our wedding reception hosted at the Campus Club. The food was delicious (multiple guests commented on how much they loved it), the staff was helpful and great to work with, and the views are second to none! The patio was the perfect place for people to hang out during cocktail hour and the dining room worked out great for the dinner and dancing. In addition, our wedding coordinator, Jane, was a pleasure to work with- she was so organized and helped us with our reception planning so that everything went off without a hitch. With all of the stress of wedding planning, we appreciated very much her calm demeanor and attention to detail! Overall, a great experience with the Campus Club!

Erica · Married on 07/30/2016

I couldn't imagine a better plan for our wedding than the Campus Club! The staff were great to work with while planning and the weekend of the wedding they couldn't have been better. Alexis made sure everything was perfect for my bridesmaids and I, and Nick went out of his way to help with setup. This venue was unique and so much fun. After our ceremony they even reset the terrace so that our guests could sit outside and enjoy the view. I loved having such a gorgeous venue and had many compliments throughout the night. It was affordable and I am so glad we had our wedding at the Campus Club.

Marianne · Married on 07/30/2016

We recently held our daughter's wedding at the Campus Club and could not be more pleased with the staff, food, and site! The ceremony on the terrace overlooking the Campus was beautiful and Jenn and the staff were always helpful and quick to respond to any questions we had. We appreciated the flexibility of being able to adjust numbers and amounts as needed and that they were ready and willing to move things indoors if it started to rain on the day of the wedding. The reception room was lovely and the food was superb. We received many compliments on the wedding and would highly recommend it to anyone!

There are not enough words to describe how absolutely thrilled we were with the value and quality of our Campus Club booking. Extremely organized, efficient, professional, friendly, responsive, flexible.... The staff was an absolute pleasure to work with. From the very beginning, CC works closely with you in helping to plan everything, recommend/contact vendors, ect. And THE FOOD. The highest of quality! (So many guests told us that it was the BEST wedding food they have ever had). The venue itself is also worth raving about. Our ceremony was on the rooftop with a beautiful view of the University of Minnesota and Minneapolis Skyline. The reception hall is equally as beautiful with large windows and great views. We could not have been happier. If we imagined our perfect wedding day, it was exceeded by 10 times. If you're looking for a wedding venue, we HIGHLY recommend Campus Club!

Charlie · Married on 09/05/2015

The Campus Club did a great job at every step of our wedding and planning. Jane was a huge help with ceremony details, choosing food, scheduling tasting, working with vendors, and the actual ceremony. The food was truly excellent; many guests said so during and after the reception. The servers, bartenders, and managers all did a great job as well. Finally, the prices were very reasonable. I don't believe you can find a nicer venue with better food for twice the price. We spent ~$9000 for about 90 guests including the venue cost, chair rental fees, and taxes. I *HIGHLY* recommend using the Campus Club for your wedding.

Sue · Married on 08/22/2015

Having used this venue before for a HS reunion, I knew that our wedding experience would be just as wonderful. The event planner, Jane, was super and very responsive. I can't thank the staff enough for their professionalism and willingness to go above and beyond to make our special day the best ever. Our guests were impressed with the beauty of the venue, the excellent food and outstanding service. When we look back at this day years from now, I know that one of the reasons it was so great was because of Jane and everyone else on the staff. And you can't beat the view at night from the balcony!

e · Married on 07/11/2015

I have nothing bad to say about my experience with the Campus Club. If I had to do it all over again, I'd choose them without hesitation. Jane was very responsive. She understood our intentions and made recommendations on how the CC could help realize them.

Everyone was so flexible about our needs. For example, we had two guests who needed a vegan meal, so instead of making us add options to the buffet the chef prepared them two separate plated meals. Also, we wanted the ceremony outside on the terrace, but thunderstorms were forecast. So the staff set up chairs on the terrace AND inside, and said we could wait as long as we wanted to decide.

Several people told us it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding. We really appreciated the CC's commitment to fresh, local, organic food. Two days before, the chef emailed me with the vegetables she could get locally so I could pick our side dish. And I need to eat gluten-free for health reasons, and it wasn't hard at all to make an entirely GF menu.

The day-of staff was amazing. All of our guests and vendors found the staff fantastic and accommodating. We liked them so much, we had them come join a picture with us at the end of the night.

On top of that, they were one of (if not the most) reasonably priced venues I found in the Twin Cities. All in all, the Campus Club was FANTASTIC and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants urban convenience and sophistication without stuffiness (or a crazy price tag).

Matthew · Married on 06/20/2015

My fiancé and I had the Campus Club as our wedding ceremony and reception venue this June, and it was fabulous! We had been to a friend's wedding reception there shortly after becoming engaged and from there forward could hardly consider other venues. We knew we wanted the ceremony on the beautiful terrace that overlooked the U of MN campus and downtown and to have our reception in their wonderful dining room with, most importantly, *excellent* food and service. They also had a top-notch bar. And it was within our price range! SCORE! We secured our reservation and were thrilled from there forward. The coordinators worked with us to make sure we took care of all the necessary details, worked well with our other venues, and adapted to our needs where necessary. They even rearranged the room to move the dance floor so that it easily became the dance party we wanted, after dessert. Everyone was very complimentary about the location and the food, the views, etc. We will be renewing our membership with the Campus Club, soon, since I absolutely would reserve space for other events in the future and would recommend it without question, in the future, to others seeking a place to host an event. Thanks to Jenn and Jane for making all our details come together!

We used Campus Club for our rehearsal dinner and it was everything we wanted! The food was superb, the staff was helpful, and the views were amazing!

Ashley · Married on 05/09/2015

We had our ceremony and reception at the Campus Club and the experience was great! The coordinators are so helpful and flexible and the venue and views are beautiful! The food was AMAZING and the day-of staff were so kind and helpful--they were a big part of making the day great. I would highly recommend the Campus Club to anyone!

The event was a local pre-wedding reception so local friends could meet and congratulate our daughter and her (then) fiancé, who were married later that week out of state. In addition to venue and catering, the Campus Club also provided audio and a projector and screen for a slide show we had prepared.

Tatiana · Married on 10/04/2014

The Campus Club is by far THE best vendor choice I made for our wedding. I planned the wedding from Chicago and therefore I didn't get to tour the venue, but I took a chance and thank goodness I did.

Jenn and the entire sales team at the Campus Club are absolutely amazing, truly. She's very straightforward and no-nonsense, but she's also wayyyyy more than willing to help you out if you find yourself in a pinch...which I did, several times.

On the day-of, Brent (who I was shocked to find out is new in the office), was absolutely incredible. We had to move the ceremony indoors due to weather and that altered several things for our military wedding. Brent went above and beyond, climbing ladders to cover the hanging ceiling projector so it wouldn't show up in photos. He did several other superhero things to make our vision possible and was kind throughout our many requests. He was absolutely amazing and amidst the craziness of the day, he was thoroughly calm and overwhelmingly flexible. Nick, who took over for Brent at night, was also incredibly helpful. We actually had an elderly wedding guest experience an extreme period of dementia in the evening and go missing. Nick quickly notified campus security and quickly took action. All ended well.

The Campus Club is a beautiful venue with incredible staff and services. Our wedding looked like a very expensive affair, but our final invoice would absolutely shock people. The food is SO delicious (we heard compliments all evening) and people were going back for seconds. The sunset shows through the glass windows, the terrace is lovely, the service staff is FANTASTIC (I sent flowers home with one waitress because she was so darned good).

If I had to do it all over again there are quite a few things I would change, but the one thing I would hands-down do all over again, without a second's hesitation, is the Campus Club.

Jake · Married on 06/21/2014

We hosted our reception at the Campus Club, and could not be happier with the way that everything turned out. Jenn, our contact at the Campus Club, was incredibly helpful throughout the process. She was willing to offer advice when we needed it and was incredibly flexible and accommodating as we went through the planning process. The evening of the reception itself was incredible, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful at every turn. The food was hands-down some of the best I've ever had. Further, my wife has 15+ severe food allergies and the Campus Club was able to alter one of their menu's dishes for her and other vegetarians at the reception. The facility itself is gorgeous, from wonderful views of the Minneapolis skyline to an incredible terrace to a separate bar/lounge for those looking to take a break from dancing. All in all, this is an incredible venue with marvelous staff; we feel so fortunate to have hosted our reception here.

Julia · Married on 06/15/2014

Campus Club was such a great venue! We had our ceremony and reception there and everything went so smoothly. The views can't be beat, the staff was amazing to work with (both in planning and during the ceremony and reception), and the food was delicious. We looked at a lot of venues, and the Campus Club was the first one that didn't feel like a scam--It definitely wasn't cheap, but it wasn't a rip off like many of the venues we looked at! We got so many compliments from people about how much they loved the venue. I would recommend the Campus Club 100%!

Penny · Married on 05/24/2014

We just got married at the Campus Club, and it was wonderful. We chose the venue because of its good value and their flexibility when it came to menus and catering. We were able to customize our menus with the head Chef, who was responsive and delightful and eager to try what we wanted. Jenn, the event coordinator, is wonderful as well, and all the staff who managed our event were terrific.

We did a lot of things ourselves instead of hiring professionals, but Jenn also has a bunch of contacts for vendors if you want them.

We had a truly wonderful time, and owe a big thanks to the Campus Club! I sincerely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a great space at an affordable price, with great and customizable food & drink options. Really first-rate!

Roxanne · Married on 04/05/2014

We loved the Campus Club as our wedding venue. Our guests (and my husband and I) raved about the food. Many of our guests had never had polenta before and asked us for recipes to use it in the future - it was really nice to have such a delicious option for both vegetarians and meat eaters (pot roast was our other option). The Campus Club was really flexible and accommodating - there were many aspects of our wedding that were DIY and they gave us the support we needed to ensure it was a success. It was a simply beautiful night.

The venue space was gorgeous with views of the Minneapolis skyline and the Weisman. The staff was incredible: friendly, professional, flexible and helpful. The food was delicious, locally sourced, and displayed well. And remarkably, the price was super affordable.

Anna · Married on 09/03/2011

Campus Club is a beautiful venue for both ceremony and reception. At the end of the wedding, all I heard was compliments from our familiy and friends - delicious food, professional and friendly employees, effortless service. Seriously the best wedding food I've ever had!

Callie · Married on 10/07/2017

My new husband and I were thrilled with the U of M Campus Club as our venue and caterer. Their level of service and professionalism was phenomenal -- they basically do everything for you which makes set-up and tear-down extremely easy! This was the only venue we toured and knew we wanted to book it right away because of their amazing floor-to-ceiling windows displaying a gorgeous skyline of Minneapolis! And the food -- incredible! We loved that everything was organic and local. Best of all, they were one of the most affordable venues! We highly recommend this venue!

Jane · Married on 09/09/2017

Our daughter's wedding and reception was held at the Campus Club in early September. The Campus Club is a great venue and it was incredibly helpful to have the wedding and reception in one location. The staff could not have been more professional or easy to work with. And the food was simply excellent. I highly recommend the Campus Club.

Jenny · Married on 06/23/2018

We got married at the Campus Club 2 weeks ago and it was amazing. My husband and I met on campus and loved coming back to get married at the U! Jane was so nice and so easy to work with. We met a few times in person and did everything else through email and she made the whole process super simple. She and Jenn were so fast at responding to my emails and questions and they walked us through the whole process. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all at the Campus Club, which so so easy and the events transitioned seamlessly. The terrace was amazing for the ceremony and the reception hall and it's views are spectacular. Our guests loved all of it! A lot of guests also spent time on the terrace during the dance since it was so nice! The food was delicious and the staff was so helpful. I was very pleased with the wedding and I would highly recommend this venue.

Campus Club at the University of Minnesota 1