145 Reviews for Camp Lucy

House Wine (2)
Premium Liquor (2)
House Liquor (2)
Specialty Wine (2)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
Family Style (1)
Stations (1)
Cash Bar (1)
145 Camp Lucy Reviews

It was wonderful, Jennifer was so sweet! Can’t wait for our best day ever!!!

Profile Picture Patricia, 11/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Scenic Views, Plated, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Tables, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Parking, Wheelchair Access

A most beautiful wedding at Camp Lucy, Sacred Oaks. Anna and Rowen worked with us to create exactly what our daughter envisioned. Beautiful floral, delicious food and the venue arranged exactly as we wanted. Every detail was attended to. The day of staff was fantastic too.

Profile Picture Cindy, 7/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers

We had the best experience at Camp Lucy and they helped make our wedding day the best it could possibly be! Tara Blackwell was our coordinator who was AMAZING. She helped with all the details and gave us such great advice throughout all the planning. And on the day of, we would NOT have made it through without her. Rowen was in charge of the florals, and they were more beautiful that I could have imagined. She understood what "look" we were interested in and the bouquets and table arrangements got SO many compliments. It was perfect! Thank you to everyone at Camp Lucy!

Profile Picture Renee, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Wow!!! Our daughters wedding last weekend at Ian's Chapel, Camp Lucy was AWESOME!! Words can not describe how incredible the staff of Camp Lucy and Whim Hospitality were. Professional, transparent, honest.....some of the best customer service I have ever experienced and I was in that industry for 40+ years.

If you are looking for the PERFECT Texas Hill Country wedding....do not go anywhere else! Call Camp Lucy and make an appointment and I guarantee you will have your dream wedding! And....get Tara to be your Wedding Coordinator as she did not miss ONE SINGLE DETAIL!

All of the staff are a 10+ star!

Photos
Profile Picture Carol, 5/19/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

Our wedding was magical ! The staff at Camp Lucy is exceptional! Rachel and Cyndi the floral designers at camp Lucy are the most talented and most professional team I've ever worked with they go far beyond any expectations you will ever have to make your day beautiful !! Anna the catering director wears many hats and takes care of the wedding party like a wedding coordinator and she became a true friend to me that I will forever cherish as the mother of the bride ! The weather was so hot we had to move the cocktail party inside but no one noticed the change.. the staff magically made everything perfect for our guest!! Our guest were served ice water before the ceremony to keep everyone cool.. I can't say enough about the staffing at camp Lucy they go far beyond what they are asked to do customer service here is a 5.0 !!!

Profile Picture Lorraine, 5/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

There is no place to be married that's more beautiful than Camp Lucy! We had originally thought of traveling to Italy for a destination wedding; however, Camp Lucy was just as romantic and lush and way more convenient for our family & friends. Everything was flawless, from start to finish!

Profile Picture Ashley , 9/2/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Plated, Parking, Tables, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s)

Camp Lucy was absolutely an outstanding venue for my son and daughter-in-law's rehearsal dinner and wedding! The accommodations, the staff, the food, and the service were all excellent. The staff were all accommodating, helpful and friendly from planning to implementation. Once we checked in, Becky, in the office, to Will, the bartender and everyone else - helped make the weekend what is now a beautiful memory! The cottages were gorgeous, beautifully appointed and comfortable. Whit's Inn, was a perfect venue for the rehearsal dinner-- a beautiful setting with its warm rustic elegant ambiance. We had live music and about 90 guests, and there was plenty of room for dancing after dinner. Speaking of dinner--Whim Hospitality catered the food and it was delicious! The bartenders were also awesome--they provided great service. It truly was the party before THE party and fun! The wedding took place at Sacred Oaks - and it was just beautiful. With the gorgeous oak trees as the backdrop for the ceremony it was the perfect setting - even on a hot August day. The reception hall was exceptional. The bride's and groom's lounges were spacious and comfortable for the wedding party getting ready and relaxing before the ceremony. The Sacred Oaks reception hall is beautiful with it's tall arched ceiling and stone floors and easily accommodated the 140 or so guests that attended. Again, the food and the bar service was excellent! The dance floor stayed full until midnight--a testament in itself! Thank you to everyone at Camp Lucy for contributing to a wonderful and memorable wedding weekend!

Profile Picture Susan, 8/6/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Tables, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar, Flatware, Glassware, Parking

We loved working with Camp Lucy! We had our wedding and reception at Camp Lucy's beautiful Ian's Chapel. After months of planning, this venue began to feel like home! We love it's beauty and history, it's wonderful staff, beautiful and comfortable cottages, which many of our bridal party and family stayed in, and we loved how easily and quickly we were able to plan our wedding there! Everyone was friendly, helpful, and accommodating as we planned our wedding, and our coordinator, Tara Blackwell, helped our day come together flawlessly!

Profile Picture Amber, 7/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Tables, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Wireless Internet, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Beautiful venue!! We had our wedding at Ian's Chapel in front of the arch, and everything came together on our wedding day perfectly. Having the florals, rentals, and catering with Camp Lucy is very convenient, and they handle everything well. They are quick to respond to any issues you may find and willing to review everything with you. They want to make everything the best it can be for you, and you can feel that effort. It takes a lot of effort to plan and execute a wedding with so many details! Details you never thought of, they would discuss and guide you. I planned our wedding with my mom and fiance and had the assistance of an outside day-of coordinator who had other clients at Camp Lucy in the past. I asked a lot of questions to both my coordinator and Camp Lucy, and they helped me plan the most amazing day ever! We loved every minute of our wedding - it just flies by too fast!! Thank you Camp Lucy!

Profile Picture Kayla, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Parking

Camp Lucy was PERFECT. Sacred Oaks was beautiful even with the rain. The staff and management at Camp Lucy are very helpful and mindful of your wishes. They keep you informed on payments and work very well with the Whim teams to ensure everything runs smoothly on your big day. I’m so glad we were able to celebrate our marriage here.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 3/11/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I are from south Texas and both decided we want to do a destination wedding. I was browsing venues through this website and found Camp Lucy with really good reviews. I looked into the pictures etc and I knew I needed to see it in person. We drove to Dripping Springs and had appointments with other venues as well. The first venue we saw was beautiful, and I thought that that would be the venue. I was already thinking about not showing up to our appointment at Camp Lucy! Good thing we showed up because the minute We laid eyes on Sacred oaks, we both just fell in love with the place. This was the one. I can't even begin to describe the beauty of the place. It's beyond amazing. During the entire planning process, they made sure that everything would just be easy for me . We did a lot of emails and phone calls and if I have concerns or issues, they were so quick to respond. The day of the wedding, everything was just perfect. Even the sun came out that day. Most brides probably stress out the day of but I felt so relaxed. I trusted the camp Lucy team to deliver and boy did they ever. I couldn't thank each and every one of them enough for making our wedding day the most memorable time of our lives. We had the best time, everyone was raving about the food, and it was just the most perfect day. Again, thank you all so much!
Kat and Paul

Profile Picture Katryn, 2/5/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

I stumbled on this venue (Sacred Oaks) one night on Pinterest not knowing that this was located in Texas. Once I researched more and I saw that it was, I immediately booked a tour (The first and only place we actually booked and took a tour with because once you know you just know!). Once there I knew that this is exactly where I wanted to to marry my best friend. It was everything I envisioned for our fairytale wedding. The beautiful oak trees and hanging lights provided a romantic ambiance, while the indoor reception area with its beautiful beams and architecture, although rustic was still able to accommodate the winter wonderland theme I was going for. It rained the day of our wedding and it was foggy, but our Day of Wedding Coordinator, Kim Hunt, whom I highly recommend, was there to calm my nerves and help coordinate everything to where we were able to still have our ceremony outside. This gave us the most beautiful photos! From the tour to the getaway on the day of the wedding, the staff was there every step of the way to help in any way they were able. All our friends and family, even the ones that were not there physically, but have seen our pictures just through Facebook, have raved and continue to compliment on how beautiful this venue is! They have cabins on property that are great and convenient for you and your guests. Unfortunately, we were unable to experience them because they were unavailable so we had already booked our hotel room blocks elsewhere, but we will definitely take advantage on our year wedding anniversary! They also have catering, rentals, and florals in-house which really did save me a lot of time with searching for these vendors. Plus, they already know the venue inside and out, so I trusted their opinions and the food was delicious! I wish we could renew our vows already just to redo it at this venue, obviously you can tell I just love this venue! Budget wise, in my opinion, it was definitely a steal for everything Camp Lucy offers!

Profile Picture Madeline, 1/15/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Event Planning

Even though staff changes throughout the process of touring, reviewing the contract, signing the contract, arranging vendors, etc, I always felt like this place had a system that works for them! I never felt like my name got lost in communication between people. It was smooth and I am SO excited about our wedding day there!

Profile Picture ALEXANDRA, 10/28/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Bartender(s), Indoor

We celebrated our wedding at Scared Oaks on September 18, 2016. Every staff member we were in contact with, from the first tour to the final farewell after our reception, went above and beyond making sure we felt informed and at ease. Our manager of the day, Shelby Hawkins, handled everything for us flawlessly, we were able to enjoy our day without worry. Our guests raved about how beautiful the ceremony site was, the gorgeous reception venue and how professional the staff was. Camp Lucy made our big day the most perfect day, we can't say enough about how wonderful our whole experience was!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/18/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Accommodations, Event Planning

My daughter had her wedding at the Sacred Oaks Facility at Camp Lucy. We used all the whim vendors for food. rental, and floral. Everything was perfect. Ashley O was our coordinator and she was fantastic. I was able to enjoy the event without worry. All the guests were amazed at the beautiful flowers and set up. We also stayed in the cabins and had a great time. Can't wait to gi back to camp lucy...

Profile Picture Megan, 9/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Wouldn't have wanted to get married anywhere else. The quality of service from day 1 was impeccable! Camp Lucy made wedding planning stress-free. From suggesting various vendors (all of whom were phenomenal), to providing incredible quality with their contracted catering and florals, they helped us put together our dream wedding.

Profile Picture Caroline, 7/2/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Bartender(s), Accommodations, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound

The other reviews are 100% correct about the magnificent beauty of Camp Lucy, especially Sacred Oaks. Shelby Hawkins introduced us at first visit. Luke Johnston did an impeccable job with Whim Event Rentals. We used outside florist and wedding coordinator. Be as specific as you can with your plan and they will consistently seek to implement it.

Profile Picture User6899694, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

When choosing our wedding venue, Camp Lucy was the easiest decision we made during the entire planning process! I had previously researched and visited multiple venues in the Austin, Lake Travis and Dripping Springs area for my sister and friends, so I was able to compare them all to Camp Lucy and none of them come close. Both venues at Camp Lucy are gorgeous, but we fell in love with the ceremony site at Sacred Oaks. The site is breathtaking and feels like its own spiritual area under the oak trees dripping in twinkling lights. The porch is ideal for the cocktail hour, and the inside great hall is absolutely stunning! The high ceilings are breathtaking and perfect for dancing. The space is set up wonderfully for everything to flow smoothly during your entire event. The bridal suite's bathroom is also the perfect size for anyone that chooses to wear a big ball gown on their wedding day ;). A unique aspect about Camp Lucy is that they offer catering, florals, event rentals, and wedding planners. I had Kristen White, wedding planner, for my day of coordinator, and she is absolutely the BEST! She has been with Camp Lucy for over 10 years now, and she previously had her own wedding planning company. If you choose Camp Lucy, then you have to also use Kristen for your coordinator (even though hiring a coordinator is optional, I HIGHLY recommend it for the day of the wedding). The catering, florals, and rentals were all exquisite. Our guests cannnot stop raving about everything! It was honestly the best day of my life. Camp Lucy is incredibly professional, friendly, organized, and accommodating. I was hesitant at first that you had to use their caterer and florals, but after reviewing them and having consultations, I would have picked them even if I wasn't getting married at Camp Lucy. Alyssa with florals did an incredible job. Everything looked stunning, and she was able to display everything better than what I could have dreamed. I would remarry here tomorrow if I could!

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/10/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Lighting/Sound, Bartender(s)

I can't say enough about Camp Lucy. It was a perfect place for my daughter's May 2016 wedding. The minute we viewed the grounds we all knew it was the place. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. Food is awesome.

Profile Picture Gail, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Oh my goodness I cannot say enough good things about Camp Lucy! This place is the ultimate Hill Country wedding venue. My now husband and I flew down from NYC for 2 days and saw 9 venues in 1 day (we must have been crazy) but as soon as walked into the ceremony space at Sacred Oaks at Camp Lucy I knew it was it. My husband still talks about how magical it was to see it for the first time. I was initially worried about how it is all Whim (catering / rentals / etc) but honestly it was one of the best parts... everyone who works at Camp Lucy and Whim knows each other and coordinates with one another to make sure that everything lines up. I never realized how many different moving parts there would be in planning a wedding but with the Whim and Camp Lucy team it was SO much more manageable - they thought of things I never would! I literally emailed rentals / catering / my on-site coordinator at 2AM and they would respond by 9 or 10AM the next day with full options and explanations.. talk about dedication. Most of all, i really just loved working with each and every person at Camp Lucy (special shout outs to the Hawkins women!) their energy and passion for creating beautiful events shines through every meeting and call and you just feel so taken care of throughout the entire process and day of. Trust me, I know it seems like a big investment up front but it is worth every penny, and more! Thank you Camp Lucy for giving us the most magical wedding!

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Bartender(s), Signature Drink

I first saw Sacred Oaks when I was looking for a venue with my sister a few years ago, and it was not quite finished yet. I could tell it was going to be spectacular though, and as soon as we got engaged, we made an appointment to visit. The oak trees are breathtaking and the cocktail hour lawn and the reception hall is just beautiful! Needless to say, I whole-heartedly believe that this is the most beautiful venue around. When we visited (two weeks after we got engaged, and a year out of our ideal wedding date) they only had Fridays and Sundays available at both sites until mid-summer. We went with a Friday though, which ended up being perfect for us and our families. They encourage you to use Whim for catering, florals, and rentals because they work very closely with them and make everything so easy. We indeed used Whim for everything, and Camp Lucy has a unified billing setup that makes payment and tracking payments SO easy.

We also rented out all of the cottages for both Thursday and Friday (our wedding was on a Friday evening) and that was the best part of the entire weekend. All of our friends and family were together, they provided s'mores for us by the fire pit each night, complimentary breakfast that is incredible, and we just had the best time. The staff at the cottages were so kind and caring and helpful, and they even had someone working the front desk throughout the nights just in case anyone ever needed anything. One of our attendants locked herself out of her cottage at 2 am and got a key right away :)

We were slightly worried about having to shift everything inside because of inclement weather, but it was a beautiful day and cleared off in perfect time for them to get everything set up for us! Shelby was our Manager On Duty for our day and was incredible. She's spunky and fun and super positive and helpful, and helped us get everything together wonderfully. Thanks to Campy Lucy, everything was everything we ever hoped it would be.

Profile Picture Madeline, 4/29/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

After viewing a few venues in Houston, my heart was really wanting to say our "I do's" in Hill County. Our family is from out of state and we really wanted to show them the beauty of Texas! It's a quaint quiet location up in the hills so you have beautiful scenery overlooking a working ranch. Just by looking at pictures, and this venue being my only Hill Country appointment, I knew it was going to be an easy "yes" for me! Diane Hutchinson gave us a beautiful tour of both options and since our wedding was intimate (60 guests) we decided that Ian's Chapel would fit everyone perfectly! BONUS! If you want an outdoor wedding, there is a magnitude of ceremony option locations! We booked a year in advance, and on a Monday which turned out to be the best idea ever financially! Ashley Rousseau seamlessly answered my questions revised our proposal a few times. We were set free to start the planning process and Sabrina Read was our Manager on Duty and she helped us perfect our wedding day for the remainder of the planning process. Big Kudo's to Sabrina for going above and beyond and gathering as much history as she could for us so we could prepare a history blurb to our guests for cocktail hour. I booked one onsite cottage for me and my girls to get ready in! We showed up day-of, grabbed yummy breakfast food & coffee from their breakfast buffet and took it back to our cottage. The cottage girls also brought a lovely fruit tray to our cottage while we got ready! Since Camp Lucy is in the country, we all stayed at the Austin Marriott South (free shuttle to downtown for our guests) and my husband and I booked a private bus for our guests to safely get to-and-from Camp Lucy. It was a perfect decision and all transportation companies are aware of Camp Lucy's location as well as that uphill climb! You really can't go wrong with booking here, we couldn't not be happier with our decision and our guests continuously tell us how beautiful our wedding day was!

Profile Picture Angela, 4/4/16, 14 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Accommodations, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s)

Camp Lucy was the perfect venue! I fell in love with it as soon as I drove up. I then took my fiancé to see for himself. He loves the outdoors and rustic details. He instantly knew it was perfect too! He couldn't stop looking at the detail in the chapel - so unique and warm feeling. We liked that there are indoor options for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception in case of bad weather. You don't have to repurpose a space to accommodate. We got married in February and were prepared for cold. The weather was perfect. It was so great to be taking photos and look over to the pavilion area and see all of our guests enjoying the outdoors and taking pictures of the view. The staff was amazing too! Very helpful. Kim hunt our wedding planner made the day flow perfectly. After a year of planning, I was able to enjoy the day. I highly recommend a day of planner. All of our guests are still talking about just how fantastic the wedding was and location plays such a big part in that. Thank you for making our day so memorable.

Profile Picture Carolyn, 2/21/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Sacred Oaks at Camp Lucy is a magical, fairytale venue! The setting is beautiful, elegant, and simply enchanting. We were blessed with the most beautiful weather, for February. The staff at Camp Lucy went above and beyond to make everything perfect! When I first heard of Camp Lucy, all the reviews talked about how wonderful the food was. The food is amazing, our guests were so impressed by the dinner being gourmet and so wonderful. The staff was flawless and did everything in their power to accommodate any requests. Shelby, our onside manager, took such good care of us and kept on top of everything. They worked beautifully with our wedding planners, and did everything they could to make sure the evening went as planned! I would have ten more weddings here if I had anyone else to get married - this place is fabulous!! It has the entire package, beautiful ceremony space, gorgeous outdoor spaces, patios, and the inside venue is amazing! Even the brides and grooms room are above and beyond - a great place to hang out! Our guests were enchanted by the drive up to the venue and then what a treasure was hidden in the hills. I love this place!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Nancy, 2/20/16, 4 Reviews