Camilla's Bridal Reviews

116 | Arlington, MA

116 Reviews for Camilla's Bridal

Katie · Married on 07/16/2011

Camilla's is the best. After having a less then successful experience at other dress stores, I was recommended Camilla's. I found that if you are over a size 4 wedding dress shopping at small boutiques can be upsetting, but at Camilla's you feel like a bride. They can make any dress "fit" for the purposes of trying it on and make you feel pretty even in the wrong size. Equally as important they have so many great dresses to choose from. My first day in there I had multiple dresses I loved, but of course knew which one was right for me when I put it on. The dresses are affordable and beautiful. I received so many compliments on how amazing my dress was, and since my wedding have already had friends buy their dresses there for next year.

Sent on 08/10/2011

Lisa · Married on 09/18/2010

I loved my entire experience at Camilla's. It's an extremely cute store in Arlington with a lot of dress selections - particularly Maggie Sottero, Mikaella, and Paloma - that can fit a variety of budgets. All of the people who work in the store are genuinely friendly and are just interested in helping you find your perfect dress. They will give an honest opinion and help you with every step. I also got my dress altered at Camilla's and everytime I went to the store, everyone greeted me by name and gave me a hug, and they felt like family everytime. Please go to Camilla's if you're interested in finding a truly personable wedding dress experience.

Sent on 10/06/2010

Donna and Mark · Married on 06/05/2010

Camillas was always so friendly and helpful. Even when I had to go to a fitting alone I felt like my mom or grandmother was there because the staff was so warm and willing to give advice. I have a crazy work schedule and they were great and fitting me in to meet with the seamstress even during the busy season

Sent on 06/17/2010

Shana · Married on 05/08/2010

This place was GREAT! They were the friendliest, least pretentious bridal salon that I had ever been in. They made you feel like family not like a crazy bride that they wanted to nickel and dime. My dress was EXACTLY what I had wanted. They don't have an enormous selection but they do have their selection out front and accesible to their brides. They encourage their customers to look through the gowns. The alterations were done in house and done well. They even dyed my white shoes to match my Ecru gown. It was a true pleasure to work with Camillas.

Sent on 08/05/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 04/17/2010

Camillas provided my wedding dress. They were always friendly and accommodating. During my fittings I found them to be very helpful and attentive. Camillas has a very family-like atmosphere.

Sent on 04/28/2010

Erika · Married on 04/17/2010

Camilla's is fantastic. I had the most wonderful experience trying on and purchasing my dress from them. Their service is what made me want to get my dress there. Both mother and daughter run a wonderful store in which the bride is the center of attention and treated with respect and kindness. They talk to you and help you through the very difficult decision of spending a large amount of money on one piece of clothing. They made is easy and made me fell comfortable to say yes to the dress and walk out of there a happy bride. My bridesmaids also got their dresses there and the prices and work they put into getting things right was very helpful. All of them were out of state and so the coordination to make it all work was absolutely necessary. Camilla's made the whole dress buying experience and alterations, something that I looked forward too. Thanks again.

Sent on 05/27/2010

Gina · Married on 11/08/2009

I cannot say enough about how great the ladies at Camilla's were to work with. This was the first place I went to try on dresses, and even though I went way over the time allotted for my appointment they never made me feel rushed. Compared to other stores they do not have a ton of dresses to choose from and I actually ended up finding my dress at another salon. But since Camillas carried the line I decided to order it through them instead of other store because I liked them so much better. The seamstress did a really great job taking in my dress, and though the alterations were a bit pricey, the quality of the work she did was well worth it. I highly recommend checking out Camillas for a relaxing and fun wedding dress shopping experience.

Sent on 11/24/2009

Katie · Married on 11/07/2009

Camillas was the pefect place to get my dress. All of the staff were so helpful and made every visit extremely fun and relaxed. They were even kind enough to have my veil delivered to the hotel the night before our wedding. I would recomend going to Camillas for the great selection of dresses and personal customer service that is so important for such an important dress.

Sent on 11/20/2009
  • ReineduMonde

Elizabeth · Married on 10/10/2009

Excellent selection, great value, and I cannot say enough good things about the service at Camilla's. They were friendly, professional, and made every effort to ensure our satisfaction. They steamed my veil free of charge and drove 2 hours to deliver my dress to us in Maine because they enjoy the drive! I would absolutely recommend Camilla's.

Sent on 10/20/2009

carolyn · Married on 07/18/2009

I loved Camilla's. I got both by wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses here. There is a great selection and also affordable. The store itself is beautiful and the staff is so amazingly friendly. It was great because tehy also do alterations on sight. I was so happy with my service and product at Camilla's.

Sent on 09/25/2009

Amy · Married on 11/15/2008

I can't say enough nice things about Camilla's. I had been to other bridal shops but this is where I felt the most comfortable and got the most honest opinions and the upmost professional service. Everyone that works at Camilla's is so nice to work with and they remembered me every time I called or came in. I tell everyone I know getting married to check them out.

Sent on 12/17/2008

Karen · Married on 10/12/2008

I loved my experience here! Nivia, shop owner, was so helpful, falttering and honest throughout the process. I loved going here, I loved my dress and I highly recommend Camilla's!

Sent on 11/05/2008

Jennifer Reis · Married on 08/16/2008

Unforgettable

It was really like I was their only bride. They are thoughtful, creative, and accommodating. They have an amazing selection for weddings and other special events. Love Camilla’s!!!

Sent on 11/18/2018
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 12/30/2007

Nivia, the owner, is a gem. She made the dress-buying process a pleasure, and I love my dress! My sweetie and I spontaneously decided to elope, and Nivia helped me find a gorgeous off-the-rack dress for under $500, and get it altered (beautifully) in just a couple of days. She'll sell you any dress as a sample, most of them at steep discounts, and they have a great assortment. They also have coffee & chocolates and a lovely sitting area for guests, so bring mama or bring your girls. And check out their gorgeous bridesmaid dresses/evening gowns, too.

Sent on 01/08/2008

Erin · Married on 11/14/2015

Camilla's Bridal and Nivia, the owner, were absolutely wonderful to work with! When I went into Camilla's initially with my mother and sisters to shop for a dress, Nivia made us feel comfortable and only pulled dresses within the budget I had shared with her. She knew the designers and their lines really well so looking at dresses was easy and fun. Nivia and her mother were also very kind and fun. The dress I ended up selecting was beautiful. Nivia and her mother suggested a bridal belt and veil that tied everything together. I felt beautiful! They were also very responsive to questions and made scheduling appointments easy. Their seamstress, Violet, was also amazing. Although the initial fitting was at the store, Violet let me meet her at her house for my second fitting on a weekend so my sisters could come. I highly recommend Camilla's Bridal to any bride!

Sent on 12/17/2015

Emily Shannon · Married on 08/09/2014

We came in with two brides searching for two dresses. We received incredible services from the owners and they helped us try on dresses and show our bridesmaids and mothers without letting my fiancee and I see each other. When we found the dresses we thought would be "the ones" they had us both come out together to make sure the dresses were complementary and looked good together. They were incredible accommodating, had a great selection, and even brought up some dresses that from the basement that were out of stock. We are thrilled with how our dresses looked on are wedding day, and are so thankful for Camilla's for making it a wonderful experience finding our gowns!

Sent on 08/16/2014

Dress shopping at Camila's was definitely a fun experience. The staff was accommodating of my whole entourage and it was helpful that we could look through all the dresses for a variety to try on. Even when I had doubts after buying my dress, Camilla's was understanding, squeezed me in for another appointment, helped me back into my dress and reminded me how perfect it was for me. After a more beautiful wedding day, dress included, than I could ever have imagined, I definitely didn't regret my choice and you will not regret choosing Camilla's to purchase a wedding dress!

Sent on 10/07/2012

Erin · Married on 07/09/2011

My experience at Camilla's was very positive. Although its a small store, they have a large selection of dresses for every budget! The seamstress did any amazing job with my alterations, and some additional custom requests I had! I truly enjoyed the whole team at Camilla's and would reccomend them for anyone who is looking for a wedding dress!

Sent on 08/05/2011

Kendra · Married on 10/18/2008

Nivia at Camilla's was great.

I had orginally gone to a large retail store and was not impressed at all. I stopped in to Camilla's and the atmosphere of the store was wonderful.

All of the staff was so helpful and friendly.

The dress came in on time and was correct.

They even came to my home on the day of the wedding to help me get into the dress. This was such a help since all my other girls were busy getting ready. Nivia got me into the dress in a flash and it looked great!

Sent on 10/31/2008

I came to Camilla's after trying on dresses at 3 other locations. I brought in a family heirloom necklace that I was going to wear with my dress and right away they knew what I should try on. They had a satin dress that matched perfectly, and was stunning. And even better, at a great price point. The dress was a knockout. My only issue was getting the alterations done. They have one evening when they are open for alterations and in the summer it was PACKED. I had to wait and there were a zillion other brides there. Take the time to go during the day and have an appointment on your own. The seamstress is fast, but it was nice to have time to think and really look at the dress v. rushing in and out of the fitting room.

Sent on 09/02/2015

Michelle · Married on 04/25/2015

Camilla's was the first bridal shop I had entered, figuring that it was nearby and I'd get a bit of an education in what I wanted before checking out other spots. Well, I walked in, and an hour and a half later, walked out having selected a dress. They're not a huge shop, but have a terrific selection, and I had wonderful experiences with Nivea and Maria, who could not have been nicer. My mother also found her dress at Camilla's!

Sent on 05/05/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/10/2010

Nivea and her mother are AMAZING! They helped me find a dress that made me feel beautiful and confident, and kept me smiling and happy throughout the process of purchase and fittings. They really care about the brides! Wonderful service!!

Sent on 11/10/2010

Anne · Married on 08/07/2010

This is a very professional but friendly bridal shop. The owner has been in business for years and she is amazing. They are so kind, helpful, and no pressure. My gown was amazing and the suggestions to embellish it were perfect---and of course the alterations. When you work with them, you feel like you are working with your family and a kind and loving aunt. Also, prices are excellent for the highest quality gowns.

Sent on 08/13/2010

Kelly · Married on 06/12/2010

I had a great experience at Camillas. I purchased my gown here, and my mother had her dress altered here.
    The staff were friendly and relaxed when trying on gowns, and they did a beautiful job with my alterations. My only complaint is that my mother had to go back 3 or 4 times for some minor alterations, as their seamstress was unprepared for her each time. All in all though, my gown was gorgeous and I loved shopping here.

Sent on 11/24/2010
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/17/2009

This was the first store I went to when shopping for a dress with my mom. We were able to look through the dresses to try on our own, and once I began trying dresses on, Nivea the owner pulled one from the back that had just come in. I ended up loving it & went back the next day to buy it after visiting several other shops! The only complaint I have is that they did not always return phone calls when my mom & I called to ask about pricing for bridesmaid dresses. Because of this, we ended up going elsewhere for the BM dresses, but everything else about my experience at Camillas was wonderful!

Sent on 11/04/2009