Camilla's Bridal Reviews

116 | Arlington, MA

116 Reviews for Camilla's Bridal

You must go here! I traveled to Camilla's from out of state because of their Essense of Australia dress selection. The mother-daughter team is fabulous to work with! They are so easy going, funny, and helpful. It is a small boutique, with only 2 appointments to be had at once, so you get individualized treatment, no matter how many dresses you want to try!! :) I'm so happy to have bought my dress here as opposed to the other place I visited, which was great, but just not as friendly. I just felt "good" about buying my dress at Camilla's. They also have a great selection of Maggie Soterro and Paloma as well, so it's a must-see place if you are into those designers.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Absolutely go to Camillas if you live in the Boston area!!! I had such a wonderful shopping experience there! As one of the first of my friends to get married, I have not been able to rely on recommendations for most of my wedding planning. I loved every dress I tried on, which cannot be said for other stores I went to. They are so helpful, so nice, and it is for the most part just you and whoever you bring in the store! They really know what they are doing and can steer you in the right direction. They are also great at making the samples fit your body so you have a good idea of what your actual size will look like. Such an intimate experience for something most women wait their whole lives for. I found a beautiful dress and am so happy I was able to buy it from there!

Sent on 12/13/2013

Deandra · Married on 09/19/2014

Please visit Camilla's if you can. This place is fantastic! The team is adorable and super helpful with making this big decision. They will also give their honest opinion on how the dress looks on you which is great. After I purchased my dress here, I bothered them so many times to come in and try it on again and they were super accommodating. Maria also made my veil which was from my mother's wedding dress and I was blown away by her work, it was beautiful! I honestly cannot say one single negative about this place or the staff. You guys are the best!

Sent on 10/30/2014
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 09/14/2014

I love the ladies at Camilla's. I wish I could do all of my shopping there. Having gone first to a larger store with less personalized service, Camilla's was a breath of fresh air. Never at any point did I feel like they were there to sell me a dress; rather, I could tell that they were in this business because they loved helping brides have a "moment" and feel beautiful. I never felt pushed to choose or to buy something just because. And when I went back when my dress came in, the owner was so thrilled about the fit that she actually danced around the salon. Their prices were also better than the "outlet" store I visited first. If you're lucky enough to have the brands you love carried by Camilla's....go.

Sent on 06/16/2014

Meredith · Married on 08/30/2014

I had the most wonderful experience trying on, buying and then having my wedding dress fittings at Camilla's! Nivia and her mother Maria are truly helpful and kind people and are not the pushing sales people that you meet at absolutely every other bridal salon (and trust me, I went to a lot of them). Their small shop has a warm intimate setting and a huge, gorgeous selection of dresses! My Essence of Austrailia Wedding gown was absolutely gorgeous and that brand isn't even offered at most Bridal Salon's in the area. I highly highly highly recommend visiting Camilla's if you are on a wedding gown search - you won't be pressured or disappointed! In fact, my best friend took my recommendation and recently said yes to her dress at Camilla's!

Sent on 10/01/2014

Katie · Married on 08/02/2014

The mother/daughter team at Camilla's was fantastic to work with. They made me feel comfortable and relaxed throughout the whole decision making process as well as the fittings. Their seamstress is wonderful to work with as well. I loved my dress and I felt amazing wearing it on my wedding day!

Sent on 08/16/2014

Camilla's is a wonderful little shop in Arlington. The owners know their inventory and can easily identify what type of dress would be the most flattering for any body type (and very quickly I might add). I bought the 3rd dress I tried on and couldn't have been happier. They rushed the delivery for me too and were wonderful and kind to work with. Even though they have a small shop they have a wide variety of wedding dresses.

Sent on 08/13/2014

Liz · Married on 07/26/2014

Camilla's Bridal was THE BEST! I was on the hunt for my second dress after a very disappointing experience with another local dress shop. I came in looking for one dress and Maria at Camilla's knew exactly what I wanted before even I knew it! She picked a few dresses for me, helped me choose the exact one I wanted and made sure I had it in plenty of time despite the narrow time frame. It was so much fun to visit Camilla's for fittings and every experience there I had was wonderful. I would highly recommend them to any bride!

Sent on 08/15/2014

Melissa · Married on 07/12/2014

Camilla's was so helpful! They even let me come visit the store before they opened one Saturday when my schedule was too tight! They were friendly and generous!

Sent on 08/01/2014
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 07/04/2014

This is a wonderful bridal shop right in downtown Arlington. It is a pleasant space, intimate without being cramped, and they limit appointments so the space doesn't get too crowded. Nivia, the owner, runs the shop with her mother, and they make you feel like part of the family. The collection of bridal gowns is well-chosen, and both ladies have an eye for what looks good on you. I found the dress that I ultimately purchased here, but but still wanted to shop around. I think I came back three times before I finally bought it, but I never felt any pressure - they respect the process of choosing your wedding dress. Camilla's was wonderful every step of the way, and I always felt I was in good hands with them. They're just a lovely (and fun!) place to shop for a wedding dress.

Sent on 08/05/2014

Emily · Married on 06/27/2014

I loved everything about Camilla's Bridal! They're a small shop with a really nice intimate feel. Everyone is so nice and always gave an honest, expert opinion when I was trying on dresses and accessories. They always told the truth even if meant selling me a less expensive product. They had plenty of beautiful dresses and it was so hard to pick my favorite. They helped recommend a woman to do my alterations and helped to arrange everything with her to be done in the shop so I didn't have to carry my dress around. They stored my dress for me until my wedding and steamed it and my veil for me right before the wedding. I loved working with them and would absolutely recommend them. My dress and veil were beautiful!!

Sent on 08/11/2014

I had such a great experience coming here and finding my dream dress! I had been to two other stores and was feeling kinda eh, but here the magic moment happened.

I talked with both the owner and her mother -- what an adorable combo working together. They were very sweet, weren't pushy at all and they made helpful suggestions. They were great company to be around while making such a big decision!

Highly recommend you come here! Beautiful gowns and great atmosphere. They will also recommend you to a nearby seamstress and she does WONDERS!

Sent on 12/30/2014

I got my wedding dress at Camilla's recently, and I loved the entire experience. The store is smaller, so you get closer attention from the staff. They have a wide range of dresses, including in plus sizes to try on. I found my dream dress and based on the recommendations of the staff, the size that I ordered it in fit so well that I didn't need ANY tailoring! It was incredible (and saved me a lot of money). I would highly recommend Camilla's!

Sent on 06/19/2014

They were great. They helped me find the dress that was perfect for me in my price range and held it for me until my mom could come back with me. And they bring it to the seamstress down the street for you so I didn't have to worry about lugging it back and forth. My only complaint is the store is a little small so it can get cramped at times but it's worth it!

Sent on 04/22/2014
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 05/23/2014

From the very beginning I knew exactly what I wanted and the staff at Camilla's helped me find just the dress. They were beyond attentive and made me feel so comfortable. I would highly recommend Camilla's, adorable shop with personal attention!

Sent on 06/03/2014
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 05/16/2014

I went to visit a few of my bridesmaids and we went dress shopping for fun, not really expecting to find THE dress. Camilla's was extremely professional, and even though I had found my dress at a different shop, they said they could order my dress AND SHIP IT TO ME IN NORTH CAROLINA! They were a joy to talk to every time I chatted with them on the phone, and I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a professional and friendly experience!

Sent on 05/18/2014

Caroline · Married on 03/29/2014

I shopped at Camilla’s for both my wedding dress and my bridesmaids dresses. Everyone there is very sweet and always a pleasure to work with. They listened to everything I wanted and helped guide me to the perfect dress. They have a great selection and always had room to accommodate our group. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 04/26/2014

Camilla's bridal was my second stop on the hunt for my dream dress! Found it here! After hearing my dream dress desires, Maria pulled through on her first pick. If you're looking for superior service with a smile - look no further.

Sent on 03/26/2014

Catherine · Married on 09/21/2013

Sadly, I can't remember the name of the woman who worked with me, but I believe she was the co-owner with her daughter. I have to say that the best thing about Camilla's is the low pressure environment. Once I found a dress that I really loved, I was torn about what to do. I had this great dress, that they were offering me a great deal on (because the sample dress fit me so well), but I also had an appointment that same day with another dress shop and a friend waiting there for me. When I explained my hesitation, the owner said no problem, they would hold the dress for me and I could still get the deal if I decided to come get it later (even days later if I needed). This was very different than my experience at other shops where I felt pressured to make a decision that moment for fear that I might miss out. Her low pressure attitude, combined with their great selection, friendly atmosphere, and the opportunity to try on whatever I wanted made shopping at Camilla's a great experience.

Sent on 08/18/2014

Tanya · Married on 07/13/2013

Truly memorable dress/veil shopping experience because of the owner and her other. Spend a lot of time with you making sure you find the right dress. Never felt rushed or like I was being sold. Great dress selection for a reasonable price.

Sent on 09/09/2013

A friend recommended Camilla's and she was totally right - it was amazing. I tried on dresses at a number of stores, and Camilla's was by far the best experience I had. The dresses were pretty and there was a range of prices to fit many budgets. I found a dress that was both affordable and gorgeous - I thought it looked far more expensive than it really was! Also, the women who work there were such warm, kind, and helpful people. It was such a positive shopping experience, and I encourage others to shop there as well!

Sent on 08/12/2013

Aki · Married on 06/29/2013

Camilla's was a wonderful shop. The staff was very pleasant and helpful.
    We came in with only about two months before the wedding, and they were very accommodating. They set up an appointment for us, showed us the selection of dresses with an expedited shipping option and assisted us in every way.
    They had gorgeous dresses here, both for bridesmaids an brides. The place was clean and well organized, with two dressing rooms.
    The staff pinched off everyone's dresses, so we could get an idea what the dresses would look like in each individuals size. They also took everyone's measurements, and knew exactly which size to get for each person. Once the dresses came in, they called us promptly, and held the dresses for us until we were able to pick them up a few days later. All the dresses looked great, and we could tell they were ordered at the right size.
    They were also able to recommend a very capable seamstress to us who was able to hem three dresses, and tighten the bust of another dress rather quickly.

Sent on 07/18/2013
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 04/20/2013

Good selection of dresses and great service by mother and daughter. They were so helpful! They make you feel special and take good care of your dress and items leading up to the big day.

Sent on 12/13/2012

Susan · Married on 04/29/2012

Camilla's is a family owned business. Mom and daughter. Don't be deceived by the relatively small space. Their selection is outstanding. At Camillas they seem to understand that sometimes the best way to choose a gown is to go through the racks so the bride can be left alone to picture herself in the dress without the pressure and drama of some of the bigger places. The process unfolds with their help as needed. And they are experienced professionals in the field, so if you want the big brass band treatment, you could have that, too. The dress search went from "Vows" to Vera Wang yet we ended up with a spectacular dress from Camillas that looked as though it cost twice as much. They were able to make adjustments and customize as needed. All as delivered and on time with absolutely no anxiety. It was a perfect dress.

Sent on 05/02/2012

meghan · Married on 09/10/2011

After going to 3 other bridal stores I had a good idea of what kind of dress I wanted. The girls there were so helpful in finding dresses that suited my style. I ordered my dress in July 2010 and it came in March 2011 and kept at the store until my Sept 2011 wedding. I did my alterations there and they came out great, she also altered my veil which I did not purchase there.

Sent on 10/24/2011