Camilla's Bridal Reviews

116 | Arlington, MA

116 Reviews for Camilla's Bridal

Camilla's is simply wonderful! I had gone to a few dress shops prior to coming to Camilla's and just wasn't quite finding what I wanted and was annoyed by pushy salespeople, to boot. When I came to Camilla's, I had a wonderful selection of dresses, non-pushy and extremely patient salespeople, and simply a great experience.

I LOVED the dress that I got and also loved working with Violette, the seamstress who works out of Camilla's a few days a week. I couldn't be happier and would recommend this store to anyone shopping for a wedding dress, bridesmaids dress, or mother of the bride dress.

Sent on 06/20/2016

Elaine · Married on 05/21/2016

They were extremely knowledgable about their designers and the way a wedding dress should fit.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Andrea · Married on 05/14/2016

Would highly recommend Camilla's Bridal. They had a great selection and worked with me every step of the way- finding the dress, making it perfect, choosing the right accessories, doing alterations etc. When Maria could tell that I was slightly uncomfortable in my otherwise perfect strapless dress she came up with a perfect solution. The straps she suggested making -using my extra lace- came out amazing (thanks Violet!!!) and looked like they were part of the original dress. Having had such a great experience there finding my dress, I went back to Camilla's for my bridesmaids dresses. Once again Maria and Violet worked with me and my bridesmaids to make the dresses perfect. Both myself and my bridesmaids received many compliments on our dresses. Best of all, we all felt comfortable (and looked beautiful) all night. Thanks Camilla's!!!!

Sent on 05/30/2016

Camilla's is the only bridal shop I went to and I couldn't have been happier! The staff were very friendly and responsive to my questions both in person and via email. The shop has a welcoming and easy-going vibe that made me feel comfortable from the start. I am not the typical "princess" bride, and I was so pleased to find numerous dresses in their selection that fit my vision and personality.

Sent on 05/30/2016

Clara · Married on 04/30/2016

Extreme kindness and thoughtfulness! Great selection of classy formal outfits, accommodating and helpful! Will definitely recommend to all!

Sent on 02/17/2016

Chelsea · Married on 04/30/2016

I got my wedding dress at Camilla's (Maggie Sotero's Melanie dress) for a great price. Maria and Nivia were very helpful, and I loved the small boutique feel of the place. Everything went smoothly with trying on the dress, purchasing it, and getting it fitted; they even had someone on site who was able to do alterations for me. I highly recommend getting your dress here!

Sent on 05/17/2016
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 03/11/2016

I worked mostly with Maria (the mother of the shop owner) who couldn't have been any nicer! After visiting several shops beforehand and encountering many 'rules' at other shops (like no pictures), it was a breath of fresh air when they didn't have any such rules and in fact encouraged pictures. Maria was so laid back and easy going and accommodating! My dress not only came in on time, but early and the alterations were a breeze. Most shops have you worried about your timing, but not here! Maria actually had the most brilliant idea for my veil as well, she ordered extra fabric from my dress and made it for me. It was absolutely stunning and I couldn't have been more happy with it!! Maria really made my finding the dress and whole experience after very special!! Can't thank her enough!!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Nicole · Married on 01/16/2016

SIMPLY AMAZING! I cannot say enough good things about this store, mother-daughter duo! Literally the best store I have gone to..there quality of service is outstanding, they listen to what you want, they actually corset the WHOLE dress and don't just say that we will do "every other"...a friend of mine referred me to her as she and her sister both purchased their dress from them. I cannot wait to go back and order my dress from there!! I highly recommend this store to anyone that is looking for their special dress!

Sent on 11/12/2014

My experience at Camilla's was amazing. Shopped at 4 different dress stores in 2 days. While Camilla's wasn't the fanciest shop their dresses and customer service was top notch. The staff is extremely warm and kind and they were extremely knowledgable about bridal gowns and accessories. No pressure to buy. I found 2 amazing dresses ($1,500 & $900) there and couldn't find a dress anywhere else that even and close to comparing even at >$5,000 price points. I cannot recommend them enough. My family and I spent 2 days at Camilla's deciding between the 2 dresses and we still rave about the experience we had with the staff.

Sent on 09/10/2015

Michelle · Married on 12/05/2015

Nivia and Maria are an absolutely adorable mother-daughter pair, and I am so glad they were there to help me choose my wedding dress. I found Camilla's because I had my eye on some Maggie Sottero dresses and I was able to get there by public transit from Cambridge, MA.

They helped me figure out my style and what worked on my body. My dress fit me like a dream and they worked with me to make sure everything was in/done on time. My husband and I got engaged in May then married in December, so I had to be fairly fast at getting a dress through the traditional means. They recently expanded their store, and it is a wonderful family business. I am so glad I found them and enjoyed every visit I made to their store. Maria even steamed my veil for me, despite the fact that I did not buy it in the store.

Sent on 01/07/2016
  • lauraart

Laura · Married on 11/08/2015

Camilla's Bridal was my last stop, my last hope if you will. I had tried a variety of wedding dress shops in the area and around Boston. But I couldn't find something unique, I was not looking for the traditional heavy, strapless gown. Everything just didn't feel right.

I went to Camilla's on a whim with a friend, I called in the morning and they were so accommodating in seeing me that very same day. When I walked in the shop was filled with Happy Brides and family, I looked around and loved the variety of whimsical dresses they had. As I was trying dresses on I quickly became defeated as nothing fit or was quite what I was looking for. Towards the end of the appointment the shop cleared out and I was the only customer there, seeing my frustrations the staff handed me a dress. This dress had just arrived in the mail that morning, it was fresh out of the box!

I tried in on as what did I have to lose, I was about to leave with nothing. Only to find to my surprise it was perfect!!! It was such a magical moment, and I am thankful the kind persistence of the staff who got my vision and my personality. Not only did I find my wedding dress at Camilla's, I also found my hair piece. Again I couldn't be more thankful for such wonderful staff, intimate store and wonderful collections to choose from!

Camilla's is a definite must when searching from your wedding gown!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Don’t bother going anywhere else – with Camilla’s Bridal you get the great service that comes with shopping at a small business and the great selection of a much bigger boutique. Nivia helped my sister get the dress of her dreams 5 years ago and helped me get the dress of my dreams for my wedding this past October. After trying a huge place where nobody listened to what I was looking for, within minutes, Nivia had picked out the dress I imagined and even helped me find custom details to add to make it my own. I love this place, and when I went to pick up my dress for my final fitting, they have opened a beautiful addition with even more space for more dresses and fitting rooms.

Sent on 12/08/2015

Becky · Married on 10/17/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Camilla's. I love them! I had two appointments to look at dresses, the first at Camilla's and the second at Vows. I was really excited about Camilla's because friends had gotten their gowns there, and I knew from an online search that they had my dream Maggie Sottero dress. When I went in for my appointment I worked with Maria, who was just lovely. So helpful, and so sweet. I told her I already knew which dress I wanted and she told me I should try on several others to be sure. I took her advice and tried on about 10 dresses, but in the end I did end up going with the dream dress. I wasn't sure how much it cost because I couldn't find the price online but it ended up being about $1300, which I thought was very reasonable.

The seamstress, Violet, is an absolute doll and so talented. My dress fit pretty well but needed to be adjusted up top, and I had a weird undergarment that I planned to wear because my dress had such a low back. Violet helped me with the underwear, and she helped me when I had a minor freakout at one of my fittings when I thought my dress wasn't zipping up (it was). I loved her. I loved everyone at Camilla's. Everything went so smoothly, and they were so genuinely happy for me when I came to pick up my dress a couple days before my wedding. I hope all my friends check out Camilla's when the time comes.

Sent on 11/05/2015

Meghan · Married on 10/02/2015

Camilla's was the absolute best. They made me feel so comfortable, they were attentive, really listened to what I wanted and delivered. They even ordered extra fabric so they could customize the gown for me.

Sent on 10/19/2015

Maura · Married on 08/29/2015

I had such an amazing experience at Camilla's bridal and am so happy to have gotten my wedding dress there. The shop is small, but carefully curated with a beautiful selection of dresses- all within a reasonable budget. I came here in late November to try on a Nicole Miller dress I had my eye on and it ended up being the one. Maria and Nivia are wonderful to work with and I was so grateful to have their help through the process. They deliver an incredibly personal experience. Maria was so helpful when my dress arrived and didn't fit as we had hoped (due to a mismarked floor sample). She worked quickly to reorder the dress in the right size with no additional charge. It came within a week and I had plenty of time left for alterations. Thank you!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Lizzie · Married on 08/15/2015

I found my dream dress here. We went to other stores to try to top it, but ended up returning to get it. They were so wonderful to work with! I love supporting a Mother Daughter team. I love getting personal attention at a small bridal salon. They have an incredible inventory. The dress was perfect, even with the straps they added. Make a stop at Camillas and see what they have!

Sent on 01/30/2016

I visited many shops looking for a perfect mother of the bride dress and was delighted when I found Camilla's Bridal shop, a warm and lovely mother-daughter shop operated by Nivia and Maria in Arlington.

I worked mainly with Maria, who offered gentle guidance and helped me to choose the perfect dress. It is not only a flattering style for me, but comfortable as well. Both she and her daughter Nivia were kind ,caring and professional throughout the selection process and I felt that they had my best interest at heart. I never felt pressured to purchase anything. I left as a truly satisfied customer. Thank you Maria!

In addition, I cannot say enough nice things about the seamstress, Violet. She made several custom alterations to my dress and even did the final alteration while I waited so I would not need to make another trip from the south shore to the shop. Thank you Violet for your kindness.

Although my daughter did not get her dress at Camilla's, because she had already ordered it elsewhere, I would highly recommend this shop to all brides. During my many visits there, I observe both Nivia and Mar

Sent on 07/27/2015

H · Married on 07/18/2015

Although I went to 5 bridal salons, I bought my dress at Camilla's because their service, attention to detail , and true style ability were exceptional. I found my dress, a Maggie Sottero, in another color at a different salon. The company did not provide samples or even photos of the dress in the color I preferred so I called every retailer in the state to see if they had a sample in store. Camilla's was the only one that did- the mother daughter duo who own the store had insisted the company send a different sample color because they didn't like the traditional color. From the start it was clear they were not a cookie cutter salon.

The salon is small, perfect for just a few people to give input. They let me take my time making up my mind and when my dress finally came in, they let me and my friend ohh and aww for as long as we wished. Although they don't have an in house tailor, a local woman named Violette is their go to seamstress and she is phenomenal. She made my very slim A line dress fit like a glove and did an equally perfect job for all my bridesmaids.

Finally, when is called the salon looking for a belt just 2 weeks before my wedding, they scoured the store and called around to see if they could locate the one I liked. They went above and beyond,

If you're looking for an intimate atmosphere and owners that are truly attentive but not pushy, and really care about every detail, Camilla's is the place.

Sent on 08/01/2015

I had an amazing experience at camilla's. I found my dream dress and enjoyed the whole process start to finish. I never felt like they were trying to sell me on anything, they just wanted to make me happy and satisfied. Could not have been happier.

Sent on 08/18/2015
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/27/2015

LOVE LOVE LOVE Camilla's. Before I was even engaged I went with a friend here to look for her dress. We were treated so well. It was nice to have the whole salon to ourselves. It was what I imagined a bridal appointment to be. When I went to look for my dress it was no different. They pin back the dress and use all types of sashes and belts to allow you to imagine how the dress will look the day of and how it can be altered. Once I was getting close to choosing my dress they put on the veil and gave me some flowers to hold. They had two different sized samples of the dress I wanted. It turned out that the smaller size fit me perfectly. It was like it was meant to be and they sold me the sample for almost half of the original price, plus threw in a ribbon sash. The experience I had at Camilla's could not be beat. I would so highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Michelle · Married on 06/13/2015

I cannot say anything bad about this shop! I found my dress at two locations and decided to go with Camilla's due to the friendly, personal attention I received each and every time I went in. Many times I went in to try things on, spur of the moment, and was never given any grief about it :) I felt like the shop was smaller than most I looked at, but they had so many beautiful gowns, instead of a mixture of beautiful and so-so. I could easily narrow down my decision. I bought my dress a year out, and lost a substantial amount of weight. The seamstress really impressed me with the fit of the dress when all completed; she had her work cut out for her. She was very reasonable too! My MOH is getting married and we are going dress shopping at Camilla's in a few weeks :) These women are the best and truly love what they do.

Sent on 07/04/2015

I cannot recommend Camilla’s Bridal highly enough! The store is very welcoming and has a nice selection that is reasonably priced. I found a dress I fell in love with! I also loved getting the chance to know both the mother and daughter who run the store (Nivia and Maria), as well as the tailor Violette. All three of them are incredibly sweet and helpful, and they give each bride individual attention. They also gave me great recommendations for accessorizing the dress. When my final fitting was over I was sad to say goodbye to them! I wish I had an excuse to go back now that my wedding is over!

Sent on 06/09/2015

Christy · Married on 05/16/2015

Camilla's is a cute little salon right in the middle of Arlington. It's not very large, so you're better off bringing just a few people along. The dress selection is nice for the size of the salon and there were lots of dresses within an affordable price point. The staff was great, very supportive and helpful. They called me as soon as me dress came in, encouraged me to come in as soon as possible to try it on and offered to store it for me until my first fitting. There is a parking lot nearby and cute restaurants in the area for celebrating once you've found the gown.

Sent on 02/14/2015

Alli · Married on 03/20/2015

Camilla's is the perfect spot to find a wedding gown. In addition to their large, gorgeous and up-to-date selection, Camilla's has a very elegant feel but is run with the charm and coziness of the sweetest family. I personally had the pleasure of working mostly with the mother of the owner, Maria. From the very beginning I was on a two month time crunch and had to buy straight off the rack and head into my first fitting which was not a problem. Then part of the dress material was irritating me and they worked with me to alter it the exact way I wanted (very close to my final fitting date). Lastly, Maria actually took the dress home with her to make it more convenient for me to pick it up since she lived closer to me than the shop itself. They were so sweet and accommodating. I'd been to quite a few shops before them and I'm so happy I finally found the one at Camilla's.

Sent on 03/29/2015

Julia · Married on 11/08/2014

I LOVED my experience at Camilla's. My dress was gorgeous and the ladies were so easy and fun to work with. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Sent on 11/19/2014