Camilla's Bridal Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Erin
    Erin F. Married on 10/03/2021

Friendly, Knowledge & Warm

The staff at Camilla's Bridal--both Nivia and her mother--offered me some of the best customer service I have ever received. Shopping for a wedding dress can seem like a very daunting task. So long as you have a vague idea of silhouette, fabric or style, Nivia and her mother can pull dresses that match your taste; they make it less overwhelming by selecting gowns for you to try while you wait. From your feedback, they then will select other gowns that more closely match your desired style. They also offer in-house alterations, which is extremely convenient! They even let me come in for about 5 minutes to make sure the shoes that I had purchased on Amazon were the right ivory color and wouldn't match my gown. Each time I stepped into their boutique in Arlington, it felt like I was catching up with some friends. I highly recommend them and would do so to any of my friends who are in need of a wedding dress.
  • Emily
    Emily B. Married on 09/05/2020

Amazing!!!

Camilla’s was the first and only bridal salon I went to in my search! I was so nervous about the process but Nivia put me at ease right away. Camilla’s has a huge and beautiful selection of dresses in every style. I never felt pressured to buy or try on styles I wasn’t interested in. Nivia also helped me find the perfect accessories, including a veil and add-on sleeves which completed the look perfectly. Highly, highly recommend!!
    Marielle G. Married on 09/05/2020

Beautiful dresses & fantastic service!

I highly recommend Camilla's! I got my wedding dress at Camilla's and the experience was absolutely wonderful. Nivia was so helpful, attentive, and made the shopping experience so enjoyable for me and my group. Camilla's is a small family business and so the personal attention and customer service you receive with shopping/buying/ordering a wedding dress is unmatched. There was also zero sales pressure which I greatly appreciated. Camilla's also did a great job of measuring me and ordering my dress according to my size. When the dress came in, it basically fit perfectly and I only needed minor alterations. I was also very impressed with their wide selection of beautiful yet reasonably priced dresses. A fantastic shop with beautiful dresses and amazing service!
  • Shana
    Shana Married on 09/28/2019

Incredibly customized experience to find my perfect dress

The owner Nivia made the dress shopping experience so perfect and enjoyable for me and my group. I had forgotten when I booked my appointment months earlier that she had asked me to share my wedding dress Pinterest board with her. When I arrived, she had already pulled many dresses that she thought would fit my style. She couldn't have been more on point. I liked nearly every dress I tried on, narrowing it down to a couple that I loved, and finally to the beautiful Maggie Sottero dress I chose. She was also very easy to work with, responsive, and helpful in coordinating alterations and recommending accessories. I also worked with her mother from time to time, and she was great, as wel. I went to David's Bridal before coming here, and the two experiences couldn't have been more different. I can't recommend this shop enough. Thanks for everything, Nivia!
  • Heidi
    Heidi Married on 08/31/2019

Great dress shop

I bought my wedding dress at Camillas. Ultimately I ordered from them because they had the dress I liked the most, but I think their selection was more in line with my taste (classic, elegant) than some of the other places I went to. Got it altered by their associated seamstress, Violette, who did a nice job as well. The mother and daughter who run the place are super nice and helpful. My one word of advice would be to make sure you go into the sunny / bright part of the salon when making selections - they have an area near the register that is a bit dark - I sort of debated the veil I chose and think seeing the options in the brighter light would have been helpful.
    Korah C. Married on 08/24/2019

Anthony & Korah 8/24/2019

Kristi helped me w/my dress selection in the grapevine location. She was fun and enthusiastic the entire experience. When we found the one after multiple days. We celebrated lol!
  • Jennie
    Jennie Married on 06/29/2019

Friendly and supportive!

Maria helped me find my dress and was the perfect blend of attentive and not pushy. She gave me and my bridal party space to think and debate and did an amazing job of helping my find the perfect dress while staying in my budget.
  • Allison
    Allison Married on 06/28/2019

Wonderful Experience!

I purchased my dress from Camilla's and absolutely loved their variety of options at their beautiful store. The family that runs the store is extremely helpful and kind! The woman who does the alterations for Camilla's is highly talented and did a wonderful job with both my bustle and hemming my intricate dress. I highly recommend looking at Camilla's if you are in the Boston area.
  • Danielle
    Danielle Married on 05/26/2019

a must go!!!

I think if you are in the area you MUST go try on dresses here! You will leave with a dress without a doubt!! They are a family run business who take the time to really listen to the brides needs and wants and have the most beautiful dresses around! They treat you like family and are just amazing!!
    Danielle P. Married on 10/07/2018

Highly recommend

Camilla's Bridal came highly recommended to me and I was not disappointed. Nivia was able to help me find the perfect dress- and I didn’t give her much to go on! She listened to everything I liked/didn’t like until we found the one! She also helped me pick a belt , headpiece and veil that complimented the dress.

My mom also got her mother of the bride dress here and was super happy with it!

Service was top notch- I was called as soon as my dress came in! And Nivia stayed a few minutes late when I came to pick it up (much appreciated as this was a very busy week!)
  • Sonia
    Sonia S. Married on 10/06/2018

Perfection

Camilla’s was perfect. Nivia knew exactly what I wanted and pieced all together beautifully. Also very accommodating to my large loud family! Wish I could go back just to try on all the beautiful dresses! I
    Jessica Married on 08/18/2018
    Purchased my dress here and did alterations through the shop, everyone here was so kind and helpful! Definitely recommend Camilla's for all bridal and bridal party needs!
    Allison Married on 08/11/2018
    Thank you to the ladies of Camilla’s for making me feel my most beautiful on my wedding day!! It was an absolute pleasure from my first experience trying on gowns to the final fitting. I felt comfortable, not pushed or rushed and I felt like my vision and my personality was clearly understood. I came in with some ideas and ended up with my dream wedding dress! I almost wish I could come in for more visits just because I loved the experience so much! I highly recommend Camilla’s to all Boston area brides!!
    Nicole Married on 05/26/2018
    It was a pleasure working with Nivia and Maria at Camilla's! I discovered the store after an unpleasant experience at another store where they wouldn't assist me with finding a dress from a brand they already carried. Camilla's had my preferred designer brand and a wide selection of dresses within that brand and all other brands they carried. I ended up purchasing my bridal dress, veil and bridesmaids dresses here. There was a shipping delay with the bridesmaid dresses, but Nivia took the time to go to UPS to sort it out. Overall, it was a great experience and I'd highly recommend anyone to go to Camilla's for their wedding dress!
    Amber Married on 05/19/2018
    Ladies of Boston, this is the place to go when shopping for your wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses, or mother of the bride dresses!

Nivia was fantastic! My family and friends all live in Virginia, so I went to my initial consult and most of my fittings alone (my mom was able to make it up for one of the fittings). Nivia, her mom, and her sister all made me feel like I was part of their family – they knew me by name when I arrived for my appointments or called in with questions, and Nivia was incredibly helpful and honest in assisting me with customizing my dress.

When I first arrived, Nivia was great in selecting different types of dresses to try. She gave me her sincere opinion of what looked good and guided me through the process – I really appreciated that about her since I was there alone and was pretty open to any and all suggestions.

In the end, she and the seamstress came up with a fabulous idea for customizing my dress. I LOVED it and received hundreds of compliments on it at my wedding. I could not have been happier with their services and help!
    Stephanie Married on 04/21/2018
    Camilla's was great. Everyone was so friendly, and I actually felt like I was part of their little family. They have every type of gown imaginable, their tailor did fantastic alterations (she literally de-volumized my dress because I loved the top but thought the bottom was a bit too-princessy for my liking), and I greatly appreciated that unlike other places, they do not pressure you AT ALL into purchasing a dress. My dress was gorgeous and I got compliments all night. This was my third stop in looking for a gown, but it would made my life easier if it had been my first. I would highly recommend them!!
    Kathryn Married on 10/01/2017
    Camilla's was fantastic. It was our third bridal shop of the day and my MOH and I were so glad that we found this shop. The team there is so accommodating and knowledgeable. I knew things were going to go well when I explained what we had found previously in shops, what was working and what wasn't and they took that information and picked the dresses for me. The second dress I tried on was the one. They addressed all the concerns I had regarding alterations that need to be done, showed me what accessories might work best with the gown, and were overall just great to work with. Being someone with a larger bust size it had been challenging to find a dress where I felt comfortable and not worried about moving around but all those concerns were addressed for me and I wound up feeling even better than I thought I would. Even though they had other customers in the store, on a Saturday, I received attention from all three staff members who each brought something to the table to make my experience an excellent one. I would highly recommend Camilla's to anyone looking for a place to enjoy wedding dress shopping.
    Adriana Married on 09/16/2017
    Coming to Camilas was one of my favorite parts of all of wedding planning! It was such a wonderful experience and is a beautiful shop with the sweetest people. I am a bit shy and was nervous about dress shopping but loved every second of being there! Thank you for making my day special! :)
    Reetika Married on 08/11/2017
    We went to several dress stores around Boston and had the best dress shopping experience at Camilla's, no comparison! Nivia is fantastic to work with, super sweet, helpful and flexible and really knows how to create the right vibe for her customers...making you feel like she actually cares about your day, vs. a lot of "factory" stores that treat you like cattle. A great selection of dresses to begin with, topped by amazing store experience and followup...I'll be recommending them to my friends for sure.
    Emily Married on 07/22/2017
    This place is the best! It is a very friendly, welcoming, and comfortable environment. At Camilla's they truly want you to love your dress and be happy with the experience. I was lucky enough to get to work with Maria and she is so kind and so helpful. She looked at a few pictures and was on her way to picking out the perfect dresses, knowing exactly what I was looking for, even if I maybe didn't. She was patient and honest and I never felt pressure to buy a dress. She encouraged trying on the same dresses I was deciding between over and over and taking pictures of them so I could sleep on it!
    This was an additional but very important highlight of this store. You can take pictures of yourself in the dresses and you can go into the dressing room and change into the dresses without having someone from the store in the dressing room with you. There is help if you need it, and they tie and button when you ask and are ready but you are not required to get half naked in front of a stranger, which happened at the three other stores before I went to Camilla's.

I loved my experience here and felt like I was treated more like family than a customer. I would highly recommend it to everyone. A heartfelt thank you to Maria, you made my experience so wonderful!
    Natalie Married on 07/08/2017
    Such a great experience finding my dress here!
  • User2871183 2+ years ago
    The staff at Camilla's Bridal of wonderful! She knew exactly what I was looking for and picked out the perfect dress
  • Kathryn
    Kathryn Married on 05/27/2017
    I can't say enough wonderful things about Camilla's! It was my first and only stop when shopping for my wedding gown. I went in without much of an idea about what I wanted, and fell in love with the fourth gown I tried on. I went back with my maids of honor and family, and purchased that same gown. The selection of dresses is incredible. They are all beautifully made, and were within a budget we were comfortable with. Nivia and Maria made us feel at home at every visit. Their alterations specialist, Violette, worked diligently to make sure my dress fit perfectly. Camilla's came highly recommended from my best friend, and have already told my friends who are brides to be that it's the best!
    Stacey Married on 05/20/2017
    I had the best experience here! I went in to look for a dress having an idea of what I wanted. I picked out a few and then was brought over Another dress by the owner, she said she had a dress she wanted me to try because she thought it would be perfect for me. Boy was she right! This dress was different than what I had picked out but somehow was exactly what I wanted and need in a wedding dress! I beyond loved my dress and also loved working with everyone at the shop to get the dress perfect for me! Thank you so much for my amazing dress!
    Lisa Married on 05/20/2017
    When I was first looking into dress shops, Camilla's seemed like the type that would intimidate me with its beautiful space and professional-looking website. I've watched enough Say Yes to the Dress to know I'd be too scared to step foot into Kleinfeld! I didn't have all the money in the world to spend, and I wasn't a model-size 0-2, but I booked the appointment anyway, mostly because it's only a couple miles from my house. I could NOT be happier I made that appointment. Finding THE dress is a crap shoot regardless, but it's the level of service and warmth from the ladies at Camilla's that made me a thrilled customer. I mostly worked with the owner (Nivia)'s mother, Maria, during the try-on phase. She is one of the sweetest and most encouraging ladies you'll ever meet. She'll feel like she's your other mom (or if you can't shop with your mom, she's a great stand-in!) When I first tried on the dress I eventually chose I wasn't 100% sold, but even after trying it on at a different shop and deciding I wanted it, I knew I wanted to go back to Camilla's to buy it. Each time I went in for a fitting or to pick up my dress Nivia was there at the desk with a huge smile on her face and the most cheerful disposition you'll ever encounter from someone working in a customer-facing business. It's obvious she's loves her job. Luckily I didn't need major alterations, but the seamstress, Violet, who worked on the small things I asked for (bustle, adding the optional cap sleeves, etc.) was perfectly adequate. Two days before I picked up my finished dress I asked for the cups Violet had sewn in to the bust to be removed (I looked a little too "Jessica Rabbit" for my church ceremony) and they did it without hesitation. I could not say better things about Camilla's bridal and they made my dress shopping experience an absolute pleasure!