Camellia Gardens Reviews

45 | Monroe, NC

45 Reviews for Camellia Gardens

• Samantha

Samantha Hammerle · Married on 09/21/2019

Camellia Gardens is AMAZING!

There’s so many things I could say about Camellia Gardens! First of all, the venue manager, Marilyn, is an absolute delight to work with! She is very responsive and professional! She takes great pride in this venue and for good reason! The venue is anything and everything you can look for in an outdoor and indoor venue! There are several options of locations on the grounds to hold your special day. Each wedding can truly be personalized! I had several people come up to me at the wedding and that contacted me after about how they can book with this venue! Just go visit the immaculate venue and it will speak for itself. This venue is the second place we looked at and we knew our search was over.

Sent on 10/02/2019

Samantha,
    Thank you so much for your kind and generous words! I so enjoyed being part of your day and getting to know you and Andrew and your wonderful families. Please keep in touch!
    Marilyn
  • Sharon

Sharon L Seago · Married on 08/25/2019

Engagement Party

My son's engagement party was held at Camellia Gardens in the barn March 2019. It is a beautiful venue and Marilyn is so helpful!

Sent on 04/05/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 06/01/2019

The Most Magical Wedding Venue

Brides, listen up! If you've dreamed of a magical outdoor wedding nestled within a gorgeous garden property, look no further. Camellia Gardens could not have been a more perfect choice for my husband and I to host our wedding. After considering 89 other local venues (yes, that's right!), I convinced my to-be-husband to come look at Camellia Gardens with me despite our 'perfect date' already being booked. We both knew the moment we arrived to the property that we would get married there - no matter the date.

Why, you ask? Well the property is privately nestled back from the road and other distractions. You're immediately greeted by a tranquil, garden-style backdrop to host your exclusive event for just the two of you and your closest friends and family... as if the property was gifted to you for the day. The site choices for your various events are endless, and nearly impossible to choose from, as they all offer their own unique touch and beauty. My husband and I chose to host our rehearsal dinner at the air conditioned barn, wedding ceremony under the grand oak tree, cocktail hour within the "secret garden" as I have lovingly referred to it, yard games set up on the lawn, dinner shaded from the sun under the brand new white tent (adorned with gorgeous chandeliers!), and continued our dance party celebration on the open-air terrace beneath the market lights. And if you can believe it, there are yet more locations on the property to choose from. We also loved that it allowed the groomsmen and bridal party to spend the wedding morning onsite getting ready in the bridal cottage and groom's lounge. One thing that potential brides should know is that Camellia Gardens provides a beautiful backdrop that you can make into your own vision, no two weddings will look alike. Start dreaming up your day, it's so much fun!

While the property provides the beauty for your big day, it's Marilyn who provides the support and sincerity throughout your entire wedding planning journey. She responded to every email, call, and text with grace and joy. She always had an answer, or would go seek one on my behalf... sometimes with a ruler in tow. She offered ideas, advice, and opinions when we needed it and a constant professional demeanor from our first site visit (and my second-sixth visits) through to the very end of our wedding day. She was there cheering me on during my bridal portrait sessions and gave us newlyweds a cheer from afar as we recessed back down the aisle. I know she went above and beyond for us that day and we are so appreciative. Marilyn was a huge part of our wedding story! (Thank you Marilyn!)

My only regret is that our perfect day has come to an end and I can't seem to convince my husband to let us do it all over again next month :)

Photos by Click Away Photography

Sent on 07/09/2019

Juliana · Married on 05/05/2019

Happiest day ever!

Booking camellia gardens is a no brainer! Beauty everywhere, Marilyn the owner is amazing, and there are so many locations on-site to hold all of your activities

Sent on 05/14/2019

Kay Edwards · Married on 03/31/2019

Engagement Party

My friend and I used this venue for an engagement party. The grounds were lovely, and guests commented about the beautiful drive to the indoor facility. Marilyn was very professional and beyond helpful. She assisted us from the initial stages of planning until the day of the event. It was an amazing experience for the families and close friends..truly a day to remember!!!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Ashtin · Married on 11/03/2018

I could not have asked for a better place to get married! So easy to work with, professional, and friendly. You
    Guys are completely awesome and I was so lucky to be able to get married at such a wonderful place!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/29/2018

Our experience was amazing at Camellia Gardens! I cannot get over the flexibility and kindness that the owner has! She was always willing to help us. The wedding day was beautiful and no problems at all! Everyone’s at our wedding told us how beautiful the venue was!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Mallory · Married on 09/22/2018

My husband and I just had our wedding at Camellia Gardens on September 22. I did not know how much I would fall in love with a venue as much as I did after I toured it. The grounds are so well maintained that you do not see that too often. Marilyn is an absolute joy to work with! She is so kind, considerate, and responsive. The day of our wedding, which was shortly after the hurricane, I was not sure if it would be held outside. But, the weather was absolutely gorgeous that day!! The photo opportunities that come with the venue only make it that much better! One of my biggest concerns prior to touring venues was having grounds nice enough for my photographer, and this is what sold me on Camellia Gardens. There are so many areas throughout the venue that make amazing pictures. I could have not pictured a better venue to have our wedding at! We got many compliments on it! Thank you for everything, Marilyn! You are absolutely amazing! Worth every penny you pay, trust me!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Mallory,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. Your wedding was so amazing, the colors, the decor, that DRESS!. Our property was merely a backdrop for 2 absolutely wonderful families to come together (again, thank you Kiarra and Christopher!) for a truly joyous occasion. The pleasure was all mine! Thank you for choosing Camellia Gardens! Best wishes for a long and extraordinarily happy life together!

Alex · Married on 06/16/2018

The venue is absolutely beautiful! We loved that there were many options for where the ceremony and reception could held including an indoor option if the weather is not optimal. Marilyn is very kind and was always easy to get in touch with if we had any questions.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Amy · Married on 06/15/2018

I could not have imagined my daughter's wedding anywhere else. This breathtaking venue is a magical getaway tucked off the road but with town convenience. The options are endless for your ceremony or events. The owner is amazing and made us feel that our special day was hers as well. The whole experience from start to finish was a complete pleasure.

Kristen · Married on 05/26/2018

Camellia Gardens is a beautiful venue with so many different options to hold your events. Marilyn is also such a pleasure to work with!

Mary Anne @ Ted · Married on 05/25/2018

We were so pleased with Camellia Gardens from our first phone call for information to the last minute of our evening!! Marilyn and her husband were very accommodating and flexible !
    The grounds are beautiful and have many spectacular, natural backdrops for photographs !

Emily · Married on 05/20/2018

I had the pleasure of booking and having my wedding at this venue it was so amazing. There was so many options on where to have th cermemony and I loved that there was a back up plan for rainy weather. Marilyn was so accommodating and so sweet!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Camellia Gardens's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. We so enjoyed working with you and your fiance and are so glad that we could be part of your amazing wedding day!

Lisa · Married on 05/19/2018

My daughter had her wedding reception at Camellia Gardens on May 19th. The weather had been uncertain and Marilyn, along with her staff, was patient with us on making the decision to move it inside. The day actually turned out beautiful and the guests had the flexibility to walk around the venue and be in the barn too. Nothing could have gone any better. The grounds were groomed in pristine condition, from the bank and sidewalk lined with blooming roses, to the large ferns that greeted you at the barn door, it was beautiful! Marilyn treated us in the most professional and personable manner that made you feel like your event was her best event ever. If you want a picture perfect event, then Camellia Gardens is the place.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Dear Lisa,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Having Amelia's reception at our barn was both a joy and a delight. She was such a beautiful bride, your family and guests were so wonderful, and we are so excited about seeing the photographs that will show off how beautifully you decorated our spaces for your dinner and party. As I said before, your table settings were certainly Pinterest-worthy! Please keep in touch and share those photos!

Amelia · Married on 05/19/2018

We had our wedding reception here on May 19th and the day could not have gone any better! I knew from the moment I ran across Camellia Gardens online that it was the venue for us. The grounds are lovely, with mature trees and blooming flowers everywhere. We ended up having to move the reception inside to the barn because of a chance of rain, but thankfully it held off and guests were able to roam around the property throughout the evening. Having this option to move about gave our reception such a relaxed feel and allowed our guests to visit with one another or stay inside and listen to the band. Marilyn was so accommodating throughout the entire process and quick to respond to all of my questions. Also, her help is top notch! If you are looking for a venue fit for a garden party without having to worry about the weather, this is definitely the place!!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Marilyn · Married on 05/05/2018

Camellia Gardens is a beautiful venue. Marilyn, the owner was an absolute joy to work with from the very first day that we toured the venue until the very last minute of our wedding. She will do everything within her power to make your wedding day spectacular! Take a tour, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/19/2018
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 05/04/2018

This Venue is GORGEOUS. There are so many possiblities. Marilyn the owner is wonderful. She has an amazing personality. My only suggestion is the Bridal and Groom suites need upgraded. When getting Married we all want those detail shots and backgrounds are everything. I recommend this venue 110% you will not regret it <3

Sent on 05/15/2018

Alicia,

Thank you so much for your kind words and for adding the wonderful photos of your beautiful wedding decorations. I especially loved your addition of the amazing swag hung by Ribald Events on our century-old oak tree. They were great to work with!

I hope you will contact me directly to share your thoughts on upgrading our groom's lounge and our bride's cottage. As we have spent a great deal of time and energy on trying to provide the ideal spaces for our couples and their groomsmen and bridesmaids to get ready for the day, we would love to know where we have fallen short. Private restrooms, ceiling to floor mirrors, refrigerators, central air and heat, and places to sit to enjoy lunch are the amenities that we have thought about. Perhaps we have missed something. Please let me know your ideas!

Thank you again for choosing Camellia Gardens for your wedding and reception venue. You were so classy to work with, and I am so glad that our paths crossed!

Elizabeth · Married on 04/20/2018

So excited about having this as our venue. It's gorgeous and Marilyn is so nice and helpful!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Camellia Gardens's reply:

Elizabeth, we can't wait to have you, Matthew, and your families here for your big day!

Brad · Married on 04/18/2018

Excellent service great venue.

Sent on 05/09/2018

Kathy · Married on 04/01/2018

Marilyn is a sweetheart and goes above and beyond for her couples. She is very flexible with helping to make a memorable day for couples. The property is absolutely gorgeous and provides lots of options for both ceremony and reception.

Sent on 04/08/2018

Damaris · Married on 03/30/2018

Camellia Gardens was the only venue we needed to visit. As soon as we saw the grand oak we fell in love and it was the perfect backdrop for our ceremony. It is so conveniently situated to have your entire ceremony and reception in one place, and each section of the gardens is as beautiful as it is functional for various purposes. This location really has everything you could ask for for an outdoor wedding, including a plan B for rain. Marilyn was great to work with, very responsive and helped us find great vendors all while remaining flexible on the things that mattered most to us. We loved being able to spend the first day of our marriage here and would recommend it without reservation.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Patty · Married on 03/18/2018

It is such a pleasure working with this venue. Marilyn is so sweet and works really hard to make the bride and grooms day so special. The gardens are so beautiful.
    A Touch of Hone Design

Sent on 04/09/2018

Joyce · Married on 03/17/2018

We had my granddaughter’s 16th birthday party at Camellia Gardens. The facility was fantastic! The teenagers and adults all loved the atmosphere at the barn. The teenagers loved the outside area as much as the indoors.
    The space allowed so many options when setting up and decorating. Marilyn, the owner, was extremely attentive in making sure we had everything we needed to make the party a success.
    I would recommend this facility for any type party, especially weddings. The landscape is beautiful!!

Sent on 04/09/2018

Tiffany · Married on 09/24/2017

I had the pleasure of working with Marilyn & the staff at Camellia Gardens for a client's September wedding. The property is absolutely gorgeous, & perfect for an intimate wedding or a large celebration. They have done an excellent job thinking through the logistics - from where the bride & her girls get ready to parking & everything in between. Marilyn was easy to work with in the weeks leading into the couple's big day & was great on the day of the wedding. I think if someone is looking for an outdoor spot away from all the hustle & bustle of Uptown Charlotte, this is the place!

Sent on 09/27/2017

S · Married on 09/17/2017

I can't say enough about Camellia Gardens! It was the perfect venue for my son and now daughter-in-laws recent wedding! They have thought of everything. This is one of the only outdoor venues that also has an indoor option incase of uncooperating weather.
    The landscape is unsurpassed with beautiful flowering trees and plants to a gorgeous lake that can be a focal point of your wedding ceremony.
    They have the perfect place for your bridal party to get ready offering separate quarters for the bride/bridesmaids and the groom/groomsmen.
    This was the perfect place for a dream come true wedding for my son and daughter-in- law. Marilyn and the staff at Camellia Gardens were so amazing to work with and certainly know how to accommodate with your special day!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Camellia Gardens's reply:

Thank you so much for these amazing compliments!