Camden County Boathouse Reviews

44 | Merchantville, NJ

44 Reviews for Camden County Boathouse

Jenn · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfect location, wonderful staff

We had an amazing experience with this venue. The location is so convenient, not only since it is close to lots of major highways and right across the Ben Franklin Bridge from Philadelphia, but also is convenient to many affordable hotels. The spaces inside and outside are incredible, and between the Cooper River Park immediately adjacent and the Philadelphia skyline in the distance, the views are breathtaking. We were able to hold our ceremony on-site, outside, however if it had been inside it would have been just as lovely given the newly renovated space inside. The staff were incredible, answered all of our questions thoroughly and promptly, and took away all of the stress of planning a wedding from a few states away. We will definitely recommend this space to all of our family and friends!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Felicity · Married on 07/27/2018

I am a Philadelphia bride, but looked into New Jersey for my wedding venue, as it is a beautiful state to get married in. When I first visited the Camden County Boathouse, I knew I did not have to search any further for my wedding venue. It is a one-of-a kind venue with beautiful park grounds along side the Cooper River, and breathtaking views from the boathouse deck, with modern/contemporary design. I could have not picked a more perfect place to celebrate the most important day of my life. Talk about an elegant affair! My guests were in awe of the venue and decor I had set up throughout the venue. The price is excellent, super convenient that the boathouse provides uplighting for a nominal cost, and a huge bonus that BYO liquor is permitted, which saved us $$. Thanks to Kristen for answering my many questions, and a big thanks to all the staff that contributed to our special day. This bride and groom could not be more happier with the perfect outcome of our wedding day!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Deborah · Married on 07/07/2018

The Camden County Boathouse was the perfect place for my daughter’s wedding reception on July 7, 2018. Kristen was extremely helpful and answered our hundreds of questions. The security detail the night of the reception were pleasant to all of our guests. We had a wonderful evening there!!

Sent on 07/14/2018

Virginia · Married on 04/14/2018

We had an amazing wedding at the Boathouse! The staff was amazing and attentive! We had a beautiful day, with an amazing sunset on the deck! Thank you for making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Shadiqua · Married on 09/08/2017

Everything was great! They always responded to emails in a timely manner!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Ramos · Married on 08/04/2017

we worked with Jeanette and she helped with all the preparations

Sent on 08/14/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/04/2016

I just got married at the Boathouse on 9/4/16 and it was the perfect venue for us! The views are absolutely beautiful and cocktail hour on the wrap around deck was my favorite! Jeannette was wonderful to work with, quick to answer any and all of my questions, and she was just super helpful through the whole process. I'd have my wedding there again a million times over, everyone raved about the venue and the best part is it's affordable!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Julie · Married on 07/09/2016

We had our wedding at the Camden County Boathouse on July 9th, 2016 and it was absolutely PERFECT!

My husband and I saw pictures of the Boathouse online after a recommendation from a friend, and we went to tour it.....it was the first and last venue we toured because we instantly fell in love with it! We loved the modern look of the outside, the view of the river, the beautiful deck off of the dining area, the ample parking (we were allowed to park in the business center across the street since it was a Saturday and it was closed).

We chose to go with an indoor ceremony (thankfully, since it was sprinkling that day). The wooden window blinds provided the perfect backdrop for our ceremony and we had nothing but compliments from our guests about the ambiance. The boathouse had also gone through some upgrades which made the night even better - the bridal suite was upgraded to include a few pieces of beautiful furniture for our wedding party to relax in (no more conference table) and the bar area was redone so that there was an entrance from the dining area. It was perfect! They also recently acquired uplighting, and were able to offer it to us at a lower price than our DJ. Bonus!

The staff at the Boathouse was also phenomenal - I worked with Jeannette throughout the process of visiting, booking, paying for the space (the online payment system is very convenient), and the wedding. She was incredibly responsive via email and patiently answered my seemingly endless list of questions! She worked with me to schedule two rehearsals (officiant scheduling issue), and was always accommodating when it came to my busy teaching schedule. She also allowed us to drop off decorations and non-refrigerated items the day before so there wasn't as much to think about the day of. On the big day, Erin and Heather manned the front desk, answered questions, and helped direct guests throughout the night.

If we could do it over, we would choose the Boathouse again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Carrie · Married on 05/21/2016

The Camden County Boathouse was a gorgeous venue. We saw it online first and then went to see it in person-- and it was stunning. It was the perfect fit for our wedding. We were married in a private beach ceremony and then had the reception about 4 weeks later with our extended family and friends-- and everyone loved the venue and the boat/nautical theme really worked for our vision). The inside has a great layout and is beautiful, but also the large deck/balcony was perfect! Such nice views. The entire time we were planning the reception, the woman I was in contact with there (Jeannette) was so accommodating and helpful. She answered my emails so quickly and definitely put my mind at ease (especially since I had 100 different things on my mind at once with all the planning). I would recommend this venue to everyone!

Sent on 06/28/2016

The Boathouse is SO beautiful! The venue is true to the pictures and the views really are picture-esque, rain or shine. I got married there in April 2016 and the guests RAVED about how gorgeous of a place it is.
    There are multiple ways to set up the venue for the ceremony and reception, with outdoor and indoor options. The people managing booking are very friendly and accommodating, as well as quick to respond when I've had questions. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Kimberly · Married on 12/31/2015

We used the CCBH for our reception venue. It was a great little space that initially concerned me because for the amount of people that we expected, it would have been a very tight fit (we expected 210 people); however due to family backing out, we ended up having about 16 tables of 10-12 people, and it was perfect. The only complaint I have is the the room is sort of shaped like an "H"; the middle part is the dance floor, which is where the sweetheart table was and the ceiling is lower, so it just looks awkward. The top of the "H" is where I put our parents at, because they were closest to the sweetheart table, its alot further back then it looks so our parents didn't get to see us because they were so much further back.

Sent on 03/11/2016

Allison · Married on 10/30/2015

We just had our wedding at the Boathouse on the 30th of October. I couldn't be happier we chose this venue! Everything was absolutely gorgeous. Jeannette Torres & the rest of the staff were great. Very attentive to our every need. The land surrounding the boathouse at the time of our wedding was PERFECT! Our ceremony was inside & the view overlooking the cooper river was beautiful.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Camden County Boathouse's reply:

Everything was beautiful and we can't wait to see photos! You truly had a gorgeous day. Thank you for choosing the Boathouse to host your wedding and we hope you have made priceless memories to last a life time! Best wishes- Jeannette & Elaine

Jessica · Married on 10/17/2015

We had our wedding on Saturday, October 17, 2015 at the Camden County Boathouse and we would not have wanted it anywhere else! From the very beginning the staff at the Boathouse was very nice and was always there to answer any questions we had. Jeannette and Elaine made us feel at ease during the crazy planning days that come with planning a wedding. I’m very grateful that when we booked the Boathouse in November of 2014, they gave us a heads up that there would be dredging on the river and therefore were giving a small discount on the venue during the fall 2015. Lucky for us the dredging happened to be at the other end of the river the day of our wedding and it did not ruin any of the beautiful picture opportunities at the Boathouse. We had our ceremony off site but we did not want to pass up the opportunity to get pictures at the Boathouse. When sunset came we went up to the third floor balcony and got some amazing shots in front of the Philadelphia skyline. We also went out on the docks and got amazing pictures by the water. A little later in the night we went out on the pavement and got awesome pictures in front of the boathouse with sparklers which Jeannette and Elaine kindly gave us permission to use as long as we cleaned up the used sticks. Two days before the wedding, Jeannette and Elaine allowed us to bring all our decorations to the boathouse to store them in their office until Saturday. This was a huge help to us and allowed us to relax a little more on the wedding day rather than worrying about getting all the decorations there that morning. The interior decorations in the hall fit perfectly with our laid back rustic themed wedding and the extra side rooms were great for our photo booth and a room for the bridal party to throw all their belongings. Up to this day, when we see our family and friends again we continue to get complements on how beautiful and perfect the venue was. Thank you Camden County Boathouse for a PHENOMENAL WEDDING VENUE

Sent on 12/18/2015

Monica · Married on 08/31/2015

It's rare to give something all 5 starts when it comes to having a wedding. There's always something that goes wrong, but with the boathouse, my wedding was perfect. Jeannette who was my contact was so great with everything, she calmed down a very stressed out bride and made sure everything was in order. The venue is beautiful and everyone raved about it, I still get compliments a month after.

Sent on 06/04/2017

Lauren · Married on 08/22/2015

My husband and I got married on August 22 2015 and chose the Camden County Boathouse as our reception venue. We loved being able to choose a venue and then choosing a caterer to go along with our needs. The venue is absolutely stunning as is the ambiance and scenic surroundings. The wrap around deck gives it an added bonus!!! The staff was courteous and attentive from beginning to end! We had nothing but positive experiences with this venue and the staff!

Sent on 08/28/2015

Camden County Boathouse's reply:

We are so thrilled to hear your wedding day was just as you envisioned! Thank you for letting us be part of your special day! - Best wishes, Elaine & Jeannette

Jessica · Married on 07/25/2015

Looking for an amazing and magical wedding venue? The Camden County Boathouse is that place! We had our wedding there on July 25, 2015 and we just can't stop talking about it! Also, neither can our family, friends, and guests. From the moment we walked in to take a tour of the venue Jeannette and the rest of the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. We immediately fell in love with the venue and booked our wedding. We not only loved the view of the Philadelphia skyline from the balcony, but, also, the outdoor ceremony space under the trees. The day of our wedding was wonderful! The open layout and physical structure of the Boathouse offer beautiful views and sunlight coming in at all angles through the windows. The dance floor is a perfect size. We had 130 guests and we had room to dance, but still intimate. The Camden County Boathouse and McFaddens Catering (DELICIOUS) exceeded our expectations!

Mr. & Mrs. Rice

Sent on 08/26/2015

Camden County Boathouse's reply:

Thank you! You were both such a pleasure to work and a beautiful couple! We wish you the best! - Jeannette & Elaine

The boathouse staff was very friendly and answered all my questions promptly via emails. My wedding took place on a Sunday, and there was staff available making sure everything went as scheduled. Many of my guests praised about the location since it not only allows for an indoor wedding, but can also be easily converted to a formal reception by removing a dividing wall.

Sent on 07/16/2015
  • Olivia

Desiree · event on: 06/13/2015

I had my daughter's sweet sixteen party here and it was amazing! Everything was perfect! They was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and patient me. All the guests loved the place. Thank you for making Olivia's sweet sixteen party perfect!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Brianna · Married on 06/07/2015

The view here is amazing! The staff is awesome! They do anything and everything they can to make sure your day is everything to Need and want!

Sent on 06/14/2015

Truely a hidden gem. Every guest complimented the venue.

Sent on 06/05/2015

Jessica · Married on 04/04/2015

The Camden county boathouse was beautiful! Our guest raved about its great views, the deck, and the interior. The staff at the boathouse was great througout the entire wedding planning process. They were always very quick to respond to question and super helpful!

Sent on 04/15/2015

Camden County Boathouse's reply:

It was our absolute pleasure to be part of your special day!
    - Best wishes, Elaine & Jeannette

Stephanie · Married on 01/17/2015

Elaine and Jeannette were so helpful when our original venue cancelled on us. We (and our guests) absolutely loved The Camden Boathouse. It was perfect! Visiting and deciding on The Camden Boathouse was one of the smoothest interactions we had. The contract, paperwork, and payments were very efficient and made us feel confident in our decision. The room and set-up was perfect. The assistance in letting us set up earlier that day helped immensely. We feel that it was meant to be.

The Camden Boathouse was so beautiful and we had so many amazing pictures taken from the balcony, river, and doors of the boathouse, which couldn’t have been done anywhere else. The price was extremely helpful and we appreciate the seasonal and booking discounts immensely.

The caterer, McFadden’s (Kevin) was excellent, from our first interaction with him and Debbie. We were taken care of; their food was so amazing (we are still having cravings)! Their service was beyond expectation and we need to express that among the other pre-approved caterers, McFadden’s food was excellent and the price was very reasonable with our budget.

This was all possible due to the excellent tour that Joe provided and the complimentary tickets to attend the Bridal Event hosted at The Camden Boathouse. The Camden Boathouse team saved our day and made it possible to have the best wedding reception we could have ever hoped for.

Sent on 03/14/2015
  • Renee

Renee · Married on 09/27/2014

We had out ceremony and reception at the Camden County Boathouse and loved every minute of it. From the spectacular views on the main deck, to the sun setting against the Philadelphia skyline....can't ask for more!!

The price was a great value for the amount of space, flexibility and scenery that you get from the Boathouse.

Jeannette was our main contact point and was always honest, informative, and professional with all questions and requests that we had. Even with last minute use of the overhead projector for a slideshow, Jeannette made it a point to make sure everything would work without any issues.

100% recommend giving Jeannette a call and scheduling some time to see this spectacular gem set on the Cooper River.

Sent on 11/11/2014

Danielle · Married on 09/06/2014

We were so pleased with our wedding at the Camden County Boathouse! As soon as we looked at the venue, we knew this is where we wanted to have our reception! We wanted a reception site that wasn't the typical wedding ballroom. The staff was very helpful and happy to answer any questions I had up until the days right before the wedding. Our guests loved the balcony overlooking Cooper River throughout the night and the room looked wonderful. We had about 190 people which is almost the maximum for the venue, however, even with adding a bar inside the ballroom because of possible rain, it didn't feel too cramped. The dance floor was large enough for everyone to dance all night, also. We couldn't be happier with our decision and our guests loved it too!

Sent on 09/25/2014