Camarillo Ranch Reviews

44 | Camarillo, CA

44 Reviews for Camarillo Ranch

Tess · Married on 10/29/2017

absolutely amazing venue! the staff is responsive, helpful, and very organized. I cannot tell you how many comments I am still receiving (even after my wedding), about the venue- its overall beauty, uniqueness, and how great it is that everything is in one location. amazing deal for your $$!! worth every penny!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Ruby · Married on 04/23/2017

We booked the ranch for our wedding day and I can't tell you how many of our guests came up to us & told us how awesome the venue was! When my "now" husband and I took a tour of the site, we fell in love and didn't need to look anywhere else. It was perfect in so many ways! The space is so large that the opportunities are endless. We used the whole venue. Our ceremony was held on the East Lawn with the gorgeous gazebo as a backdrop. My bridesmaids, flower girls and I got ready in the bridal suite within the Victorian home which was soooo cute and beautifully decorated! We were able to safely keep our personal belongings in the suite during the ceremony & reception by having one of the Staff Members lock up the room. That was a big plus! The West & Front Lawn we used for cocktail hour and because of how much space there is, we were able to have lawn games like corn hole, can jam, and others for all of our guests to enjoy. The big red barn is where we had our reception and it was truly magical! So many of our guests told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to and I'm positive having it at the Ranch played a big part in that! Jasmine, the event manager I was in contact with during the whole planning process was always so sweet, clear, and prompt. She even left me a nice personal note in my bridal suite on my wedding day and it really meant a lot. I am so happy we had our wedding here & recommend this venue to any couple looking to have their perfect wedding day!

Sent on 05/06/2017

Denise · Married on 11/04/2016

Beautiful venue and well worth the money! The idea that the grounds were ours for the whole day is a bonus! My daughter was married there a few weeks ago and I cannot give enough thumbs up to Jasmine who was very patient and quick in responding!

Sent on 11/21/2016
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 10/29/2016

I found this venue on Pinterest before we were ever engaged. I hoped and prayed that it was in Southern California, and when I found out it was just outside of the Los Angeles area I was thrilled! My, now husband, and I drove out to Camarillo to do a walk through before we were formally engaged (knowing he had the ring) and didn't ever look at another venue. The location was perfect for what we had in mind and fit all the criteria for my dream wedding! Jasmine was so helpful throughout the entire process making every step of the way easy. She promptly answered any follow-up questions we had throughout the planning process and was happy to guide us through any issues. A lot of our guests were from Texas and New York and have not stopped talking about the beauty of the Camarillo Ranch grounds! They kept saying they'd never seen anything like it and thought the evening was magical due to the setting. I love, love, love the bridal suite (which I think had been recently renovated since our first walk through). It gave us the perfect space to relax and enjoy some champagne, get into our dressed and to run back to for touch-ups. The rental is for the venue only - so be sure to factor into your budget the added expense of furniture, linens, glassware, dining options, etc. It does add up quickly. That being said, the value is great for the space and length of time you get and you can look to your budget for what makes sense for you regarding other rentals. It's nice to be able to mold your own look rather than requiring the use of the venues linens, furniture, etc. It was, by far, the best night of my life and I am so thrilled we chose Camarillo Ranch!

Sent on 12/17/2016

Mary · Married on 05/29/2016

This venue is very beautiful, the grounds are gorgeous, barn is so cool! Everything is clean and well kept..
    Staff was very helpful throughout the process and on the day of!
    You can have different aspects of your wedding in different areas of the venue, because the venue is yours for the entire day... I love that part!

Sent on 06/19/2016

Emily · Married on 10/10/2015

A breezy outdoor ceremony and indoor reception at the same venue was what we wanted. Camarillo Ranch gave us exactly that. Even though it was a hot October day, our ceremony in the tree-surrounded area of the East Garden had a lovely breeze. After the vows, our guests enjoyed a cocktail hour in the gazebo area and then headed to the stunning barn for dinner and dancing. All of our guests felt so at ease at Camarillo Ranch, and we received so many compliments on our choice. Camarillo Ranch office staff is very helpful and polite, as well. We couldn't have asked for a more comfortable, beautiful place to get married.

Sent on 10/18/2015

Alyssa · Married on 09/05/2015

The Camarillo Ranch is such a picturesque venue. There are so many areas for photos- every corner is beautiful. We held our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at the ranch. The best part is that the whole venue was ours for the entire event, meaning no tourists and other guests ruining our photo ops, nobody walking through or "crashing" our party which usually happens in other venues which host multiple events at a time. Many weddings at the ranch are rustic themed, but we decided to go with a "classy Vegas" theme. Yes, it is a ranch, but the venue can really be dressed up to fit any theme, which makes it so unique! I originally had no idea where to start in the planning process, but the Ranch has a list of local preferred vendors that they have great relationships with, making the process easier and more organized. The ladies I worked with (Marissa, Jasmine, Gloria, Alysha) were nothing short of helpful and amazing. They made planning A LOT easier for me, and I cannot thank them enough!!!

Sent on 01/06/2016

Jasmine · Married on 08/08/2015

An amazing venue! I was a bride who didn't want a cookie-cutter wedding. I really wanted to choose my own vendors and not just pay an amount per person. This venue allowed me to do just that! It's absolutely gorgeous--- multiple of my guests said its the best venue they had ever seen. My husband and I wanted a venue where our wedding would be the only wedding that day and we could have the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception in all different spots. I had the ceremony outside under the gazebo, the cocktail hour in the garden and the reception in the barn :) it was so perfect! Jasmine was amazing to work with and always answered my questions quickly! I would definitely do it all over again at Camarillo Ranch House :)

Sent on 10/24/2015

Nichole · Married on 10/12/2014

Just had my wedding on Sunday at Camarillo Ranch. I searched high and low for a place in LA or Orange County for a venue I could have all to myself, would have indoor or outdoor dependent on weather, and have Lucille's BBQ grill on site. This was the only place I could find, and I prayed with it being pretty far from home that I wouldn't have any regrets. I didn't! Everything was perfect!
    I started working with Marissa, then it switched to Jasmine. No big deal, both were lovely to deal with. I asked a lot of questions, and never felt ignored or that I was being an annoyance (which I sure I probably was...but hey, you only get married once.)
    I made bi-weekly payments, which must have drove them crazy, but was easier on me...the whole thing went smooth. Bringing in my own caterer and the value in the rental of Camarillo Ranch was more economical then most all-inclusive locations. I believe some pricing has changed, but at my time, I felt it was a worthy investment...knowing now how perfect everything went, I would have paid more.
    The location is stunning, the staff was lovely, and we had 0 issues.
    I would recommend this place to everyone.

Everywhere you turn is a photo op. We hardly added any decor, and it was stunning.

Everything from the initial phone call to reserving, to cleaning up at the end of the night went smoothly. I loved it..and it is worth every dollar!

Sent on 10/16/2014

Beautiful venue, very helpful staff.

Sent on 05/09/2014

Jody · Married on 06/21/2013

We never could have imagined a venue this beautiful for our budget. Our family and friends raved about how beautiful the whole evening was. Our non-professional pictures already look amazing and we know our professional ones will too. There are so many places to shoot from at the Ranch, that there's no bad shot. The layout provided space for all of our activities. Bringing in our own caterer and alcohol was a huge bonus for us, and using the vendors they guided us to made this the place to be in Camarillo on June 21. Don't waste your time at a golf course, head on out to the Ranch and get the best bang for your buck in So Cal.

Sent on 06/23/2013

Mark · Married on 06/08/2013

Beautiful venue! Friendly staff and decently priced for what you get. The barn was amazing the gazebo for the ceremony was also amazing. Good weather over the summer and there was a nice breeze keeping everyone cool. After seeing our wedding photos and video we were so glad that we chose the Camarillo Ranch as our venue. It's an absolutely gorgeous place to take pictures. Lots of space to do whatever you need there. The house is phenomenal as well.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Angela · Married on 09/28/2012

Could not have asked for a more perfect venue for what we wanted. The staff was so easy to work with. Thank you!

Sent on 10/11/2012

Brianna · Married on 08/10/2012

Gloria and all CR employees are wonderful! The property is perfect for an outdoor garden wedding! You can bring in your own catering which was a huge plus for us! My favorite part was getting to throw my bouquet from the second floor balcony! So beautiful!

Sent on 09/13/2012
  • Megan and Peter

Megan A. · Married on 06/27/2010

Wow! What a wonderful venue! We were lucky enough to use the barn at the ranch for our rehearsal dinner and it was absolutely perfect. The barn overlooks the grounds of the ranch and inside it is beautiful and spacious, (rustic but modern). We had enough room for the large group and even a dance floor. It was such a fun environment. Everyone talks about what a wonderful time they had at our rehearsal dinner. Thank you Camarillo Ranch! -Megan and Peter

Sent on 08/25/2010

This was my dream location for my wedding! The beautiful rustic chic, with the Victorian charm was exactly my dream. Jasmine was so wonderful, taking us on a full tour and explaining how the ranch works, how they can make your dream a reality. The staff was so kind, the location is amazingly clean! While it is by the free way you really don't hear any noise, which is nice. There was plenty of room, I had my ceremony of the great lawn, cocktail our by the gazebo and the reception inside.
    All of their preferred vendors are wonderful to work with, but even if you choose to use your own, the ranch is great about working with you to get the perfect wedding you want!

If I could do anything over it would be to book sooner! This place goes quick!
    Best of luck I know you'll love it!!
    Thanks Camarillo Ranch

Sent on 05/20/2016
  • Larissa

Larissa · Married on 08/10/2019

Location is amazing but staff need to be a bit more responsive

Camarillo Ranch is an amazing location, but all the humps you have to overcome are a bit much.

Sent on 02/13/2019

Danielle · Married on 07/06/2018

Rustic charming venue that is totally customizable!

We got married here in July 2018 and we were so happy with the venue! This venue has that rustic charming storybook feel without all of the issues of really remote venues (they have real bathrooms, floors, fans & amenities). The staff was great and were flexible in letting us stop by a few times before the big day. There are so many options with this venue - multiple outdoor locations, beautiful & cozy & spacious indoor barn, great spots for photos & a charming Victorian house. I had 166 guests and it was the perfect venue for that size. The only thing that went wrong was an unexpected heat wave but that was the one thing we couldn't control! The main lawn was exactly what I dreamed for my ceremony & the barn was perfect for the reception, we had 18 tables, a bar, dessert bar & a big enough dance floor and it was perfect. They also had a great space for cocktail hour. Having a wedding in Ventura County was great, the wedding industry is a big focus and it shows in how amazing all of the vendors were! I do wish the venue came with more as it really comes as a blank slate for you to design (wish I didn't have to rent tables & chairs) but in the end it was worth it, we got exactly what we wanted & the venue rental price can't be beat! Much cheaper than weddings in Malibu!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Crystal · Married on 10/15/2017

This venue is BEAUTIFUL! But make sure to watch your budget, even though this is a great place that you can have your ceremony and reception their pricing does not include ANYTHING except the venue. Everything adds up pretty quickly, but so worth it in the end!!!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Madison · Married on 09/16/2017

Amazing space big enough for any wedding size, beautifully unkept. They are so friendly and helpful with every question! I cannot wait to have my wedding here next year!

Sent on 09/20/2016

An amazing venue with such diversity for ceremony and reception locations. The property is stunning and the weather in September was perfect. Our guests LOVED everything about the Venue!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Alexis · Married on 05/29/2016

I haven't had my wedding yet, but am very impressed with the responsiveness of Jasmine at Camarillo Ranch. She always responds to all my emails (with very ridiculous questions sometimes) in a timely manner and with a lot of respect. She always has an answer and is always available. It is a little pricey, but completely worth it because you get the whole space pretty much all day! I will update after my wedding next year and as time goes by.

Sent on 09/18/2015

Stacey · Married on 05/02/2014

Camarillo ranch was amazing! We absolutely loved our venue and our guests were in awe! They were stunned at the beauty and all it had to offer!!
    I only wish that you were given more time to set up for the money you pay. But overall amazing place and wonderful staff!
    We used DJ's catering which is one of the vendors they recommend and DJ's rocked!! Seriously top notch caterer. One of the most communicative, nicest, caterers. They know the venue inside and out. Plus, the food was amazing!! We had a buffet and truly the food was also one of the highlights people talked about. I couldn't be happier!!
    Consider camarillo ranch for a unique gorgeous venue and then use DJ's catering! My wedding day was the best!

Sent on 05/12/2014

Casey · Married on 09/21/2013

great location! gorgeous!!!!! it was a reasonable price and perfect for what i wanted

Sent on 12/02/2016
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 08/02/2014

This venue is absolutely gorgeous! We had our ceremony in the East Garden under the gazebo, moved to the Mansion for cocktail hour and then to the barn for dinner and dancing. The nice thing about the ranch is you can decorate it in so many ways to match exactly what you want. The only downside is because it is city property they have strict regulations by the fire department and you can no longer use sparklers, which we were pretty bummed about. Also, the ranch is open to the public so while we were setting up, people were taking tours which was a little weird. But they were nice enough to block off the bridal room so no one would bother us.

Sent on 08/13/2014