Calligraphy by Jennifer Reviews

21 | Fisherville, KY

21 Reviews for Calligraphy by Jennifer

Heather · Married on 12/03/2018

I have used Jennifer for several years as one of my trusted vendors for my bridal clients. When the time came to have my own wedding invitations addressed, I could think of none other then her to work with. The invitation boxes came back amazing! Her work is always spot on, and beautiful.

Sent on 07/25/2018

Calligraphy by Jennifer's reply:

Thank you so much Heather!! I loved helping make your invitations beautiful and wish you the very best!!! xoxoxo

Allison · Married on 05/05/2018

We absolutely LOVED working with Jenn for our envelope calligraphy! She is so talented and professional. We couldn't be happier with how they turned out!

Sent on 02/27/2018

Calligraphy by Jennifer's reply:

Thank you so much Allison!! It was a pleasure working with you!!! I loved doing your envelopes and hope your guests love them too!
  • I

Ileana · Married on 12/30/2017

It was absolutly great to work with Jennifer. The calligraphy for my wedding invitation envelopes came out flawless. Will recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Calligraphy by Jennifer's reply:

Thanks so much!! I loved working with you!!!

David · Married on 11/17/2017

Jennifer did a fantastic job memorializing our wedding promises to each other in a wonderful print we had framed and is hanging on our wall! She was great to work with and gave us a piece of art with her unique style. Definitely recommend her services!

Sent on 08/16/2017

Calligraphy by Jennifer's reply:

My pleasure! Thanks for using me!

jessica · Married on 09/03/2017

Jennifer is an absolute pleasure to work with and her work is beyond beautiful. You can really tell that she does what she loves and takes care with each envelope she addresses. So glad we finally had an event worthy of her gorgeous calligraphy skills, so so so pretty!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Calligraphy by Jennifer's reply:

Thank you so so much Jess!! You were so sweet and kind to work with too! Enjoy! xo

Suzanne · Married on 07/03/2017

Jennifer did a beautiful job. We absolutely loved the quality of her work.

Sent on 07/03/2017

Calligraphy by Jennifer's reply:

Thanks so much Suzanne!! It was a pleasure working with you !!
  • I

Ivy · Married on 06/03/2017

I initially found Jennifer through her Etsy site, and what a find it was! ;-)

Words cannot begin to describe how amazing Jennifer's Calligraphy truly is! We received countless texts and images back from our friends and family telling us how beautiful our envelopes were. Her art ensured that the envelope was just as special as its content.

Once you see her work there is no doubt why she has a Celebrity clientele. And her level of professionalism is second to none.

Brides and Grooms, do yourselves a favor and hire the BEST!

Jennifer you rock!!!!

Allison · Married on 10/08/2016

She did a beautiful job on the calligraphy. She asked questions and answered questions quickly for me

Sent on 10/22/2016

Calligraphy by Jennifer's reply:

Thanks so much Allison!! It was a pleasure working with you!

Jayme · Married on 08/21/2015

Jennifer is so great to work with. She's easy to get a hold of and is really responsive with email. The quality of her work is spectacular. Thank you!

Kimberly · Married on 04/18/2015

We couldn't be happier with Calligraphy by Jennifer! I searched high and low where we live in South Florida, and could not find a calligrapher within 150 miles who was priced less than $4-5/envelope, (and offered limited options). I really wanted calligraphy for our invitations, as I've proven to be a traditional southern bride (originally from Kentucky). When I found Jennifer's website, I was thrilled! She did not let down. Her work is absolutely beautiful! We sent out our envelopes with a requested return date, and even received them completed a few days prior to our requested date. In addition, she was so helpful in creating a custom rubber stamp that matched our calligraphy perfectly, so that we could stamp our return addresses and save some money. Throughout the entire process, Jennifer was nothing but helpful, and always responded to my numerous questions in a timely fashion. She really put the icing on the cake by being willing to accommodate us by addressing some extra envelopes for added guests, well after our order was completed. She turned that small order around in less than a week. We would highly recommend Jennifer to anyone who is looking for calligraphy!!!

Sent on 02/05/2015

Calligraphy by Jennifer's reply:

Thanks so much Kim you were such a pleasure to work with!! Enjoy your big day!! xo

Jennifer did our tent cards and table cards - and I couldn't have envisioned more elegant and flawless calligraphy!!!!! The gold cards came out so stunning - with a beautiful fuschia hot pink ink - our guests commented how they went with our theme - being a fusion indian wedding. Jennifer really came through for us- we couldn't have asked for a more professional calligrapher - one who was willing to go the extra mile and so easy going too. If you want unique and beautiful calligraphy done for your wedding, please contact this wonderful artist!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Calligraphy by Jennifer's reply:

It was amazing working with you!! The fun fuchsia ink you contracted me to use for your order really was an exciting alternative from the normal. Thank you again for choosing me!
  • Megan and Peter

Megan and Peter · Married on 06/27/2010

Jennifer's Calligraphy is the kind of work that leaves the viewer in awe. It is obvious from the quality of her scripts/fonts that she has spent countless hours perfecting her craft. She has many styles to choose from, so many that it sometimes makes choosing just one difficult. The calligraphy work is so immaculate it's hard to imagine it was done by hand. In addition, Jennifer is wonderful to work with. Sweet and understanding, her flexibility on catering to our needs resulted in a finished product that blew us away. Our particular invites were very thick and she had to do them all free-handed. You would have never known.....they were amazing.

Sent on 09/10/2010

Calligraphy by Jennifer's reply:

Thank you so kindly for such an amazing review! xoxox Jenn

Amy · Married on 10/10/2015

Jennifer's calligraphy for my wedding invitations turned out just fantastic. Her work is beautiful!! She was very easy to work with and always very quick to respond, which was incredibly helpful while planning my big day! I would definitely recommend her services.

• DRIVVIN

Jennifer · Married on 07/25/2015

Jennifer is amazing! She adds her special touch to your day...love, love, love her! She made my wedding unique and fabulous. Very responsive and quick turn around!

The website is very easy to use and the process Jennifer has in place of how you pick out the design you would like her to create.

I totally overall recommend her! She was really good at getting back to me. I believe she has two emails and so one emaily i sent didnt get back to her. I would just check with her next time on what email I should be contacting her through.

With that said she returned my envelopes a week before she said she would. I couldnt be more happier with her work and i cant wait to mail to my wedding guest!

Sent on 04/24/2015

Erin · Married on 09/13/2014

Jennifer's work is without question some of the most truly beautiful and original artistry we have ever seen. You might pay a bit more for her calligraphy services but from the "oohs and ahs" we received at the reception for her work on the place cards and table cards, it was well worth it! She also did all the calligraphy for the wedding invitations (outside address, inside envelope , and return address and these truly took the invitation suite to another level. People haven't stopped telling us how much the calligraphy added to both the invitations and the reception tables. We would totally recommend her for her professional manner and her artistic approach!

Sent on 10/23/2014

Calligraphy by Jennifer's reply:

Thanks Erin!! It was such a pleasure working with you and your mom!! I really enjoyed being a part of your wedding day!! Thank you again for choosing me!!
  • Sheri & Steve

Sheri & Steve · Married on 08/07/2010

There's no question about it - Jennifer Gillespie is talented. Her calligraphy is multi-faceted and a great value for the money. I found her online and booked her because time was running out on sending out my save the dates - - and I'm happy I did! I sent the save the date envelopes to her and got them back in two weeks! They were gorgeous. The font was a little large for the envelopes, but they were small save the date envelopes, so I should have expected that. I decided to also book her for the invite envelopes and place cards. They all turned out beautifully! I got the place cards in Bickham style to match the font on our invitations. She did miss one invite, but that was largely our fault because we sent multiple changes. If you want to make it easy on her and yourself, send a final list! Everyone said the calligraphy was beautiful and the perfect touch!

I live in Baltimore and Calligraphy by Jennifer is in Kentucky, but shipping was always easy! Jennifer is also super quick to reply to emails and answer any questions you might have.

Thank you for helping make our wedding classy and memorable!

- Sheri and Steve Hoidra

Sarah Kate · Married on 03/06/2010

Jennifer's calligraphy was a beautiful accent to our letterpressed invitations. She matched the ink on the addresses with the professionally printed inserts to keep our stationery looking sharp, and she was a true pleasure to work with!

Tara · Married on 06/12/2010

3.5

Jennifer's calligraphy was absolutely beautiful. We received so many compliments from our guests on what extraordinary work she did. My fiance even commented on how great they turned out (he was originally against the idea because of the cost).

However, do not send her your invite list until you are absolutely sure that all names and addresses are 100% correct. I had a few corrections to send back to her because of mistakes. I emailed her these guest list changes, but they were still addressed wrong. Once I pointed out the mistakes (there were maybe 6 out of 200 inner and outer) she immediately promised to correct and expedite them. We even sent her the stamps, invitations and inserts and she sent the invitations from her house, as to avoid shipping to and from and any extra delays.

She was wonderfully accomodating, extremely quick and her work is, without a doubt, the best calligraphy I have ever seen. I HIGHLY recommend Jennifer!

1.4
      3.0
      1.0

I hired Calligraphy by Jennifer to address my wedding invitations and was terribly disappointed. Her lack of attention to detail resulted in 6 error-ridden invitations, out of only 90 total envelopes. One of the evelopes was address incorrectly TWICE! When I originally found the company, I was thrilled because her work was more affordable than other local calligraphers, but after having to buy more envelopes and liners (I supplied her with 10 extra and she used all of them, so I had to purchase more), the gas driving back and forth to her house and all of the wasted postage (not to mention my time and sanity!), I'm certain I spent more than I would have had I just gone with a higher priced calligrapher. Another thing that I found very bothersome about her was that she, at first, did not return my unused envelopes. They were very expensive linen and it wasn't until I discovered a handful of mistakes that she let me know she still had 2 or 3 of them. Why would she keep my envelopes and not tell me? She essentially STOLE my envelopes. If you are considering this company, I strongly urge you to look at other options. Not only did she cost me extra money, she never once apologized for any inconvenience and even responded to one of my emails in a very hateful tone. In summary, DO NOT be decieved by the low price... you get what you pay for!

• F

Farrah · Married on 05/21/2010

1.0

I am unsure about these previous reviews? My experience was terrible. Also, if you search her on YELP you will find similar reviews to mine.
    I thought Jennifer's website was extremely professional and that her examples were beautiful. Unfortunately, what I received was anything but professional and beautiful. The envelops had incorrect or misspelled names and or addresses. The calligraphy was not straight or centered. It basically looked like I had done it myself.
    When I contacted Jennifer she was unsure of which envelops were mine?!?! (even though I had just received them the previous day) It was not as if I contacted her weeks later. When I reminded her which envelops were mine she stated that it was hard for her to remember since she has about ten clients at a time (maybe this is her problem, not enough time to spend on the calligraphy). I explained my complaints and asked her what she could offer? She stated that she has never received a complaint and was unsure how to handle it. She said that she would have to talk to her husband and she would call me back (not very professional in my opinion). She did not call me back, she emailed me and said that she was sorry I was unhappy, but that she completed the work and she had nothing to offer me. Really?!?! Nothing to offer! No refund, no partial refund, no offer to redo them (even though I would not have taken her up on that), nothing.
    The worst part is that I cannot use these envelops and I now have to order more envelops and pay for a rush delivery and then pay to have them addressed. So, now I have spent double.
    Bottom line is, I would not use her ever. Please learn from my mistake and find someone else!!!
    I wish I could post a picture of her work. It looks nothing like her website.