Callanwolde Fine Arts Center Reviews

Callanwolde Fine Arts Center 1
Callanwolde Fine Arts Center 2
Callanwolde Fine Arts Center 3

Melanie · Married on 08/05/2018

Callanwolde is a beautiful venue for weddings and the staff there was super nice and accommodating in helping to make everything go smoothly!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Hi Melanie!
    Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and your sweet family!

Wishing you the best.

Belle-Anne · Married on 03/24/2018

Perfect place for wedding

Callanwolde was a perfect setting for our spring wedding. The historic home and grounds provided a beautiful backdrop for our photos. We absolutely loved it and received so many compliments on the venue.

Rachel · Married on 11/18/2017

My wedding at Callanwolde was perfect! The space was beautiful and well kept. Staff was great to work with and really helped answer questions that we had along the way.

Sent on 12/08/2017

Callanwolde Fine Arts Center's reply:

Rachel, your reception was such a dream! Thank you for choosing us for your big day!

Nicole · Married on 09/16/2016

My wedding isn't until September 2016 but I have just had the best experience working with Caitlin so far! She has been more than accommodating and flexible with my requests, and has been very helpful with answering my many questions. :) This venue was a little pricier than I originally wanted to pay, but it is absolutely gorgeous and you have the freedom to bring in our own vendors and decor to really customize your wedding. Other venues I looked at all had a cookie-cutter approach to every wedding and would not allow you to work with outside vendors. I'm happy to have selected Callanwolde for my special day. I will be sure to update my review after the wedding takes place to comment on how everything went!

UPDATE: I just had my wedding this past weekend, so I wanted to send an update on how things went. Wow - it was spectacular. I had a lot of out of town guests for my wedding and they couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the venue was and how fun that we were getting married in the historic Coca Cola home! Everyone that I have had the pleasure of working with from the venue was pleasant and did a great job setting up and with any last minute requests. I couldn't have had a more seamless wedding day (and as an event planner myself, that says a lot)! A big thanks to Caitlin King and team for doing a great job!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Nicole!

Can't wait to see you on your special day -- thank you for your kind words!

Phaedra · Married on 07/31/2016

The Callanwolde Fine Arts Center is a beautiful venue for weddings and events, it practically sells itself. However, the venue’s staff take it to the next level. One person who absolutely stands out is Caitin King, she was an absolute pleasure to work with. My success as a wedding coordinator, is often times dictated by the responsiveness of the venue staff. Caitlin made it easy to form a partnership and work through the details to make the wedding with 180 guests a success. It is inevitable that some circumstances may require you to change some details at the last minute, whether it is scheduling the rehearsal, switching up table set up, etc…, however it was sooo easy to accommodate the bride and groom’s changes as Caitlin stepped up to the plate each time with no fuss. She has excellent follow-through and is a problem-solver. She understands the importance of creating the perfect wedding day which includes the overall experience leading up to it! She is about creating a low stress situation and sharing lessons learned or observations from other weddings to help the bride and groom make informed decisions. Don’t let her baby face fool you either, she is a professional who really knows her stuff! I really look forward to working with Caitlin and team in the future.

Cindy · Married on 07/09/2016

I can't think of a more timeless venue than Callanwolde. Caitlin was so sweet and accommodating for us. This was a dream come true for my daughter!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Hi Cindy!

We loved working you -- thank you so much --- we have gotten a lot of joy out of the beautiful pictures you sent. Hope to see you back at Christmas at Callanwolde!

Cynthia · Married on 05/09/2016

'As I walked my daughter down the main staircase into the great hall, the sunlight from the stain glass windows illuminated us in golden aura.' That's what my husband said after walking our youngest daughter to the wedding altar. It was every bit of the 'fairytale' we wished for. Caitlin couldn't have been nicer. She was a tremendous help every step of the way. I thought she was well versed in what needed to be done and gave great ideas! She even designed our floral arrangements! I just wish I had another wedding to plan so I could do it all over again at Callonwolde! Vote Caitlin for President!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Callanwolde Fine Arts Center's reply:

We loved hosting you and your beautiful family! Please send pictures :)

Tyson · Married on 04/29/2016

This review is pre-wedding, as our wedding is in a few weeks but so far it's been so easy to work with Callanwolde. When we first saw the venue we knew it was the right place for us and so glad they had an opening for us! Caitlin has been awesome and really does a great job getting back to us with quick answers, we only had 5 months to plan this wedding and without her help it would have been much more of a stressful process. I love how down to earth she is and she's actually pretty funny so she brings some laughter to our meetings and that is much appreciated! Can't wait for our beautiful wedding at this gorgeous venue!

Sent on 04/09/2016

Tyson!

We loved working with you too --- so many laughs! We were happy to get to share your day with you!
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 04/23/2016

I had the most incredible wedding at Callanwolde. All my guests were literally blown away at what an incredible space it was.

We had the ceremony in the Hydrangea Garden with the arbor as the backdrop. It was a gorgeous and intimate space to say "I Do". Cocktail hour was on the beautiful front terrace. The selling point for me was ALWAYS the reception space. The chandeliers, flowing fabric, natural light - it's all simply amazing. We entered down the incredible grand staircase and had our first dance right there in the main hall. We used the room where the buffet is typically set up (we did plated dinner instead) for our photobooth space. There's so much space and you have the freedom to use it.

I think what was so great about this venue is you get the ENTIRE property. You aren't worried about running into another bride at those venues that book multiple weddings a night. You also can allow your guests to explore the garden. It's incredible having a historic mansion in the middle of the city, but that is exactly what Callanwolde is. Caitlin, the coordinator was also so easy to work with.

If you are looking for a one of a kind venue, this is it. I have zero regrets about having our wedding here, as it was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.

Sent on 05/11/2016

Liz --

Thank you for your sweet words, we love keeping up with you and your handsome groom on Instagram! Come visit soon!

Not only is Callanwolde absolutely beautiful, but the staff is incredible and so friendly. That is important in searching for a wedding venue. Caitlin is quick to respond, answered all of our questions and made sure the wedding day was perfect. She gave great suggestions for an entrance and seating plan options. On the day of the event, Callanwolde's staff was always available to make sure that items were in the correct place. They were a dream to work with and the grounds are impeccably cared for. I will recommend them to everyone.

Literally the most perfect and beautiful venue imaginable. There are dozens of great spots for pictures as well. I love how all of the rooms connect to one another! All of the staff was extremely helpful and committed to our every need

• Angel_D

Angie · Married on 10/11/2015

Beautiful venue, they meet most of our expectations, there were some last minute hiccups that came up during our rehearsal but were all handled by the morning of the wedding.

thanks to the staff at Callanwolde! :) Our wedding here was amazing.

Elizabeth · Married on 10/04/2015

My husband and I got married at Callanwolde a year ago on 10/4/15... It was absolutely perfect!!!! A misting evening but still wonderful. Some of our guests described the venue as they felt they were in Spain or a romantic country with the gardens and the classic mansion. A year later I wanted to go back to where it all began so I contacted Caitlin about doing a surprise picnic in the gardens for my husband. She was so accomadating and excited for us to revisit Callanwolde! Normally the space would be a fee because we are using the facility but Caitlin said because there were no events going on she would love to have us back and enjoy the evening in the gardens... At a comped price!!! How wonderful is she and Callanwolde?! It was a perfect evening for my husband and I as we were nestled in the stunning gardens and reminiscing on our special day! Thank you, Callanwolde for making our day all we dreamed of for the past two years!!!!!

Saudah · Married on 07/18/2015

I cannot say enough about Mike Rice and his team at Callanwolde. First off, the venue is beautiful! There is not a spot on the property that doesn't provide the perfect backdrop for any wedding photo. Secondly, Mike was ultra accommodating and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. He really caters to the couple, ensuring the perfect wedding experience. This is the perfect venue for the budget conscious bride and allows for the use of your own vendors, which was very important to us.

I couldn't be more pleased with my Callanwolde experience and I recommend this to anyone looking for a wedding venue in the Atlanta area.

Elaine · Married on 09/28/2014

I had no idea starting out that I would end up having my wedding reception at Callanwolde. I went there on school trips as a child and was awed by how stunning the house is. I assumed the venue was WAY out of my price range, and while it is expensive, it was the most amazing experience to celebrate our reception there.

The staff is very flexible and attentive--they will accommodate all kinds of requests, and the beautiful part about this venue is that there is free parking onsite, a great kitchen for your caterer, and you can pretty much use all of the grounds as well as the house for photos and mingling (of course pending on what else is happening at the house that day). Callanwolde had everything we wanted in a venue--beauty, value, space, parking, and friendly, helpful staff--we couldn't have asked for more!

Julianne · Married on 07/19/2014

I highly recommend getting married at Callanwolde. The staff members that I encountered throughout the whole process (notably Mike and Chip) were willing to answer any questions I had about the ceremony/reception logistics but could also give me some nice historical facts about the beautiful home. The house is so amazingly beautiful that I felt like I needed minimal decoration...the house's beauty speaks for itself in so many ways.

I had both my ceremony and reception at the venue, and the transition between the two was seamless. Many of my vendors had already worked at Callanwolde and were happy to hear that was where they would be for my wedding. The home has a number of beautiful spots for pictures, and plenty of parking for your guests (which is important because parking can be SUCH a pain in Atlanta).

If you are waffling between Callanwolde and another venue, just take the time to look at the beautiful staircase. That staircase will make your decision for you.

• Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 07/03/2014

Mike and the other guys at Callanwolde made everything great. They let us come in and check things out whenever we wanted, gave great wedding planning tips, were extremely professional, and made us feel so welcome and important. Highest rating for these guys!

• Karla

Karla · Married on 06/14/2014

Mr. Alfred Alarcon at Callanwolde Fine Arts Center was very professional and knowledgeable about the venue. He was accessible via e-mail and phone, flexible, and available to provide assistance each time we visited the venue to walk through and during rehearsal. The venue is extremely beautiful and elegant!! We are so glad we chose Callanwolde to host our wedding and reception. Our BIG DAY was perfect!!

Callanwolde was the perfect wedding venue for us! We loved the outdoor space, the gardens were BEAUTIFUL! Alfred and the staff were super responsive, professional, and did everything they could to make our wedding the perfect event!

My husband and I can't say enough nice things about Callanwolde. It is a beautiful house with beautiful grounds. They have recently installed chandeliers and drapes that our guests were impressed with. They even changed out the old green curtains for white ones. There was so much room for our 190 guests and not much need to go overboard on decorations. The staff was easy to work with and helpful flipping the room during our cocktail hour. We could arrive to get ready early in the day too which was nice! It was a truly wonderful venue.

Loved working with them! They were always available to meet and made me feel very special each time we spoke. They were so accommodating and I could not have asked for a better place!

C · Married on 09/21/2013

It POURED on our wedding day so we were so thankful that we were getting married at Callanwolde! The staff there (Mike in particular) were awesome and easy to work with. The price is steep ($5,000 base price, but we paid in advance for a 10% discount) but worth it to be in town in such a beautiful setting. AND they let you bring your own booze, which is a big plus. Definitely recommend it!

• kristie

kristie · Married on 04/27/2013

Callanwolde is a gorgeous venue. Our wedding pictures looked spectacular on the grounds of Callanwolde. I had my ceremony and reception there and it was seamless. It was so nice to not have to transfer between venues and to allow my guests to stay in the same place for the entire night.

The staff at Callanwolde is amazing. Charlotte who does all the coordinating goes above and beyond to help you out. She takes the time to show you the venue and walk you through anything that you need. I lived out of town and would occasionally pop in whenever I had time and she would always accommodate us.

Callanwolde is also nice because you can bring in all your own vendors, this let me choose who and what I wanted without being stuck with a venues choice.

Overall I had an amazing time at Callanwolde and would recommend it to anyone.

Sandy · Married on 04/06/2013

The coordinators at this venue will go above and beyond to make sure your dream vision comes to life. Their helpful, positive, can-do attitude made choosing Callanwolde as a venue a decision I was so happy with during the planning process.

Even better, renting Callanwolde gives you access to the entire property - rare in Atlanta to not have to worry about another event occurring at your venue, venue turn over (being out in time for another event to prep) and - a HUGE plus - a parking lot that my guests could leave their cars, cab home, and pick up the next day.

My husband and I were so blessed with beautiful, sunny, 75 degree weather on our big day, and the front lawn at Callanwolde had the perfect cocktail hour with 2 bars, passed hor dourves, and cornhole, bocce ball, and ring toss. We wanted our guests to be having fun every second of the day and the front yard provided the perfect location before, and then during the reception there was TONS of room for our band, dinner stations, seating, photo booth, etc. etc.

My mom still talks about how when our trolley pulled into the estate and she heard the harpist (playing for the cocktail hour), saw the gardens of the estate, and saw our guests playing yard games and enjoying cocktails, she thought "this must be a glimpse of heaven..." and it truly was.