68 Reviews for Callanwolde Fine Arts Center

Outside Vendors (1)
Clean Up (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
68 Callanwolde Fine Arts Center Reviews

Callanwolde is a beautiful venue for weddings and the staff there was super nice and accommodating in helping to make everything go smoothly!

Profile Picture Melanie, 8/5/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor

Callanwolde is by far the best bang for your buck for a wedding. Absolutely beautiful backdrops for photos. So much space for getting ready, guests, etc. Numerous options for ceremony location (indoor and outdoor). Anna was great to work with. They had some issues causing us to have to relocate the ceremony a few hours before the wedding but everyone was very helpful in doing this and the new location was just as beautiful. Can bring your own alcohol, which saved us a lot since half our guest list didn't drink. Perfect wedding day for us!

Profile Picture Katy, 4/14/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding at Callanwolde was perfect! The space was beautiful and well kept. Staff was great to work with and really helped answer questions that we had along the way.

Profile Picture Rachel, 11/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was worried about using Callanwolde as my venue after reading reviews that were all over the place. I can honestly say I am so glad I still gave Callanwolde a chance and met with Anna. She was super cool and upfront about answering all my questions and concerns. Callanwolde is a GORGEOUS venue and doesn't require you to spend an exorbitant amount of money on extra decor. They are super flexible with what you can bring (most importantly alcohol). That is a huge expense you dodge. We literally saved over $9K by being allowed to bring in our own alcohol - and we bought wine, full bar, and beer for our guests. Huge plus for Callanwolde! Also, Anna and the other staff I interacted with were incredibly nice and willing to help when/how they could. You have to keep in mind though, they are not only a wedding venue. They teach classes and have other events going on all the time. That never caused an issue for my wedding but you really need to understand that before booking. They may be slower to respond but again, that's because they do so much with the venue. I always got a response from Anna and never felt like things were slipping through the cracks. The reason I gave 4.5 stars for flexibility is because on Fridays (when I got married) you can't bring anything before noon. That isn't the end of the world but it would have been easier on us if we could have dropped a few items off the night before the wedding. Again, not an issue you just have to plan. If I had to do all over again, I would still choose Callanwolde and work with Anna in a heartbeat. My guests still tell me how beautiful Callanwolde was. The indoor Courtyard is breathtakingly beautiful and the gardens (even in November) were still in bloom for our pictures. Bottomline: the venue is GORGEOUS, flexible within reason, has incredibly nice and laid back staff, and reasonably priced for Atlanta wedding venues. Thank you, Anna and team for all you did to make our wedding go smoothly!

Profile Picture User7348173, Recently Married, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Parking

Callanwolde was STUNNING. It defined our wedding day and made it the fairy tale we didn't even know we could have! It is so elegant and stately that we hardly needed to spend anything on decorations (big savings there). We had a winter wedding but were still able to get a variety of pictures in the garden, on the front veranda, and the greenhouse. The dance room, with it's floor-to-ceiling windows, gave us a stellar place to do our first-look and take pictures washed in sunlight. The ballroom, with its glass chandeliers, soft drapery, twinkling lights, and brick floor was a super-romantic location for the reception. And the main hall, where our ceremony took place, exuded warmth and richness, with its 1920s period furniture (which they were happy to keep or move at our convenience) and beautiful hardwood. I honestly felt I had invited 150 of my closest friends to MY house for a celebration!

Callanwolde was the most expensive place we looked at, but it was absolutely 100% worth it. We saved thousands of dollars on decorations and alcohol (they allow you to bring your own). Having the ceremony and reception all in one place made everything so much easier. The wedding party got ready upstairs in the large, sunny bedrooms, the windows of which overlooked the front driveway so we could keep a lookout for guests arriving. The upstairs bathrooms are original to the 1920s house (but in fine working order), and that was fun!

Because of the busy Christmas season, I had a bit of a hard time getting a hold of the staff at times, but everyone was very very nice and accommodating, and in the end I got everything I needed from them.

Callanwolde is perfect!! I can't imagine our wedding without it!

Profile Picture Ginny, 12/30/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

I loved having my wedding at Callanwolde. Anna was so helpful and responsive. You'll definitely need a wedding planner / coordinator since this is not a service they include in the venue reservation fee. I highly recommend this beautiful venue.

Profile Picture Jake, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My wedding isn't until September 2016 but I have just had the best experience working with Caitlin so far! She has been more than accommodating and flexible with my requests, and has been very helpful with answering my many questions. :) This venue was a little pricier than I originally wanted to pay, but it is absolutely gorgeous and you have the freedom to bring in our own vendors and decor to really customize your wedding. Other venues I looked at all had a cookie-cutter approach to every wedding and would not allow you to work with outside vendors. I'm happy to have selected Callanwolde for my special day. I will be sure to update my review after the wedding takes place to comment on how everything went!

UPDATE: I just had my wedding this past weekend, so I wanted to send an update on how things went. Wow - it was spectacular. I had a lot of out of town guests for my wedding and they couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the venue was and how fun that we were getting married in the historic Coca Cola home! Everyone that I have had the pleasure of working with from the venue was pleasant and did a great job setting up and with any last minute requests. I couldn't have had a more seamless wedding day (and as an event planner myself, that says a lot)! A big thanks to Caitlin King and team for doing a great job!

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/16/16, 3 Reviews
3.7

Beautiful beautiful beautiful venue. Fell in love right away. So far we have done everything with the old management and have taken care of everything so far without any problems. I have read the reviews over and over about the new management and was also warned even though we have signed our contract and paid in full to watch out. As soon as I received these warnings I contacted my wedding planner and She visited her right away to make sure our contract stood as is and there would be no issues. Our wedding is in Aug so hopefully either bad management is gone or have worked everything out. Will send pics and update review then.

Profile Picture Britte, 8/27/16, 10 Reviews
3.3

Callanwolde is absolutely a lovely venue. I love the fact that you can bring your own vendors and decorate to your own liking. However, my wedding was last week and it was very hot outside. The venue also became very hot, I was literally up there sweating the entire ceremony. Also I booked the venue over a year ago. We asked the then manager about Chivari chairs because their existing white chairs we not up to par & we didn't want to do the chair covers. The manager told us that we could get those chairs at no cost. However, a few months before the wedding they charged us $700 additional for the chairs. I was not too happy!

Profile Picture Erika, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

The Callanwolde Fine Arts Center is a beautiful venue for weddings and events, it practically sells itself. However, the venue’s staff take it to the next level. One person who absolutely stands out is Caitin King, she was an absolute pleasure to work with. My success as a wedding coordinator, is often times dictated by the responsiveness of the venue staff. Caitlin made it easy to form a partnership and work through the details to make the wedding with 180 guests a success. It is inevitable that some circumstances may require you to change some details at the last minute, whether it is scheduling the rehearsal, switching up table set up, etc…, however it was sooo easy to accommodate the bride and groom’s changes as Caitlin stepped up to the plate each time with no fuss. She has excellent follow-through and is a problem-solver. She understands the importance of creating the perfect wedding day which includes the overall experience leading up to it! She is about creating a low stress situation and sharing lessons learned or observations from other weddings to help the bride and groom make informed decisions. Don’t let her baby face fool you either, she is a professional who really knows her stuff! I really look forward to working with Caitlin and team in the future.

Profile Picture Phaedra, 7/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't think of a more timeless venue than Callanwolde. Caitlin was so sweet and accommodating for us. This was a dream come true for my daughter!

Profile Picture User6952213, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The entire staff at Callanwolde was amazing for our wedding! We originally booked around February 2015 for our wedding in June 2016. The management in place when we booked was terrible, but we loved the venue so much we decided to take a chance. When they hired Caitlin everything took a turn for the better in terms of communication, clarity, and helpfulness. She was amazing to work with, especially for a bride like me who didn't have a planner! Any tiny issues that came up along the way, Caitlin was right on top of it to do anything possible to help or solve the problem. The staff there the day of was incredible at making me feel at ease and doing everything exactly as planned. Overall, it was a great venue and we're so thankful we decided to get married there!

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/25/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
0.6

While the garden and mansion are absolutely gorgeous and we were able to take beautiful pictures on our wedding day, the entire frustrating ordeal of dealing with the staff made me regret booking it.

We were an out-of-state couple with a tiny guest count and were looking for a venue that had a lot of experience with doing weddings.

The biggest issue we had was that we were not aware that they DOUBLE-BOOKED the Gardens for our date. We signed the contract for the "Retreat and Gardens", knowing that another wedding was going to happen in the Mansion. Months after signing the contract, Caitlin told us the other ceremony would be happening in the Gardens too!! This was a terrible situation to be put into and led to headaches trying to schedule our own wedding day but also ensure that the other extremely large party would not disrupt us. Two weeks before the actual date, we were highly pressured by Caitlin to push back our ceremony time so we wouldn't disrupt the other party!

In the end, the other wedding party interrupted us while we were setting up, took our decorations and we could hear them making noise during our reception. While it is not their fault for the way the other wedding party acted, Callanwolde could have prevented this by not double-booking their location. The contract was very vague overall and when we inquired about details, (email)communication was strained.

Profile Picture Diana, 5/28/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

'As I walked my daughter down the main staircase into the great hall, the sunlight from the stain glass windows illuminated us in golden aura.' That's what my husband said after walking our youngest daughter to the wedding altar. It was every bit of the 'fairytale' we wished for. Caitlin couldn't have been nicer. She was a tremendous help every step of the way. I thought she was well versed in what needed to be done and gave great ideas! She even designed our floral arrangements! I just wish I had another wedding to plan so I could do it all over again at Callonwolde! Vote Caitlin for President!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 5/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

This review is pre-wedding, as our wedding is in a few weeks but so far it's been so easy to work with Callanwolde. When we first saw the venue we knew it was the right place for us and so glad they had an opening for us! Caitlin has been awesome and really does a great job getting back to us with quick answers, we only had 5 months to plan this wedding and without her help it would have been much more of a stressful process. I love how down to earth she is and she's actually pretty funny so she brings some laughter to our meetings and that is much appreciated! Can't wait for our beautiful wedding at this gorgeous venue!

Profile Picture Tyson, 4/29/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

I had the most incredible wedding at Callanwolde. All my guests were literally blown away at what an incredible space it was.

We had the ceremony in the Hydrangea Garden with the arbor as the backdrop. It was a gorgeous and intimate space to say "I Do". Cocktail hour was on the beautiful front terrace. The selling point for me was ALWAYS the reception space. The chandeliers, flowing fabric, natural light - it's all simply amazing. We entered down the incredible grand staircase and had our first dance right there in the main hall. We used the room where the buffet is typically set up (we did plated dinner instead) for our photobooth space. There's so much space and you have the freedom to use it.

I think what was so great about this venue is you get the ENTIRE property. You aren't worried about running into another bride at those venues that book multiple weddings a night. You also can allow your guests to explore the garden. It's incredible having a historic mansion in the middle of the city, but that is exactly what Callanwolde is. Caitlin, the coordinator was also so easy to work with.

If you are looking for a one of a kind venue, this is it. I have zero regrets about having our wedding here, as it was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.

Profile Picture Liz, 4/23/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

Not only is Callanwolde absolutely beautiful, but the staff is incredible and so friendly. That is important in searching for a wedding venue. Caitlin is quick to respond, answered all of our questions and made sure the wedding day was perfect. She gave great suggestions for an entrance and seating plan options. On the day of the event, Callanwolde's staff was always available to make sure that items were in the correct place. They were a dream to work with and the grounds are impeccably cared for. I will recommend them to everyone.

Profile Picture User6699007, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A short walk around Callanwolde and we knew we that is where we wanted to get married. They provide an excellent value for the money; chairs, tables and labor to move them are all included. Everyone was in awe with the beautiful ceiling decoration in the Courtyard, as well as the gardens and the property overall. I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married in Atlanta. We had 164 people which fit perfectly.

Profile Picture Brandon, 4/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
1.4

We heard nothing but positive reviews about Callanwolde prior to booking our wedding. Callanwolde is BEAUTIFUL and appeared to be a well ran venue when we toured in February 2015. Fast forward to months of unprofessional nightmare. Our original contacts were great until they disappeared. Same with the second round of contacts. Emails went unresponded for months. Appointments were cancelled. Finally, just before our wedding we got a new contact to answer a couple emails. However, she’s part time and extremely over worked and does not have the time to dedicate to this being a high end wedding venue. Communications with Callanwolde were extremely unprofessional. We were actually insulted (along with our vendors) during my final walk thru with a comment along the lines of, “are you guys going to discuss linens? Because that’s boring and I have better things to do.” Our wedding was on a Saturday, and the Thursday before we received an email saying all our contract and vendor agreements had been rewritten and must be signed prior to Saturday. Our rehearsal was Friday at 3:00. All went well and we proceeded to our rehearsal dinner with our guests. During the evening, we get a phone call that we will not be allowed to use the “getting ready “ rooms upstairs for THAT WE PAID THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR because there was a conflict with a 4 year old dance class. We argued and secured our rooms to get ready but had DOZENS of people in the upstairs gallery while trying to get ready for our wedding and take pictures. They did not disappear until about 3:00 and our guests started arriving at 4:00. During my first look pictures on the grand staircase, children were running around in the way. Callanwolde broke so many aspects of our contract. The stress they provided me on my wedding day was unnecessary.

Profile Picture User6562804, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

Literally the most perfect and beautiful venue imaginable. There are dozens of great spots for pictures as well. I love how all of the rooms connect to one another! All of the staff was extremely helpful and committed to our every need

Profile Picture Candice, 2/6/16, 3 Reviews
2.4

Past Manager, Michael was awesome. His quality of service, professionalism, responsiveness and flexibility was unmatched. He always went above and beyond in everything. We decided to go with this place because of his service. Few months back whole new set of managers have come in. They are awful. If I had met them before, I would have dropped this amazing place as a venue choice just based on current managements service style. I would recommend this place for the venue but watch out for bad management.

Profile Picture Sunita, 11/22/15, 3 Reviews
4.2

When my fiance and I became engaged June 2014, we limited our venue search to places in the Atlanta area that would allow us to bring in our own caterers/vendors/alcohol. We knew this would be a huge cost savings for us. Callanwolde was the second venue we found, and I IMMEDIATELY fell in love. My fiance, on the other hand, was harder to persuade. We set up a meeting with Chip to come in on a Friday and tour the grounds. We ended up coming on a Friday late afternoon, around the same time a rehearsal was scheduled. In our email conversations, we were not told where to meet, etc. We felt very awkward running around in the middle of a rehearsal trying to find Chip! I excused this initial chaos because it was our fault that we confirmed a weekend appointment (getting time off work is near impossible for us). My fiance left unsettled. I convinced him to give the venue a second chance, and we scheduled a second tour during the week when it was just us and the management. The ENTIRE atmosphere was different, and my fiance got to see how truly beautiful, grand, and vibrant the venue is. We were sold, and my family booked the venue the following week.

Flash forward 3 months before my wedding, I am still in love with Callanwolde and happy I chose this as our wedding venue. I believe the staff was going through some transition, so the Operations Manager who we originally booked with (Alfred) isn't working there anymore. I wish they had contacted us to let us know because we had tried calling and e-mailing him SEVERAL times to send Callanwolde the rest of our deposit, but we never heard back from anyone. Once we finally paid, it took almost four months to receive our receipt... which was scary. I will say, however, that communications are getting better. We have set up our walk through, and I'm hopeful that everything will run smoothly on our big day. So many people have told us how beautiful and jealous they are of our venue! It truly is magnificent.

Profile Picture Anna, 11/21/15, 14 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Party Supplies
0.5

Avoid this place like the plague. All of the previous reviews that were praising the staff (Alfred, Michael, and others ) are no longer valid because all of them were fired by the new management. We were scheduled to have the wedding here and signed our contract and paid in full 10 months before our wedding. Approximately 30 days before the wedding the new management (Peggy) decided to change the ending time of our wedding. We got an email stating that our wedding must end at 11PM SHARP, even though we paid to stay there until 1am as stated by the original contract that we signed. Peggy sent me a copy of my contract with the original ending time crossed out, and she wrote in the 11PM ending time and signed her initials. All of these changes were made without asking me. We already made arrangements with all of the venders to stay until 1am. When we emailed Peggy demanding that she honor the original contract, Peggy would not answer our calls or emails. She got our attention only when we CCed our lawyer to one of the emails stating that we are going to take legal action against them. Don't listen to any promises made by Caitlyn, the event scheduler, because Peggy will overwrite all of her decisions. Caitlyn has no authority at Callanwolde and only gives you false promises. We ended up moving our wedding to a new venue and it was hell, because we had a big wedding. Don't do your wedding here because they will screw something up for you and cause you to have a lot of anxiety!!! We found several other couples that were experiencing similar problems at Callandwolde because of the new management. One of the couples is currently suing them, because the bride is a lawyer. I never write reviews, but I wanted to warn people about this fraudulent place. They don't treat couples with respect and caused my wife a lot of unnecessary stress less than 30 days to the most beautiful day of our new life together.  Even though this venue is beautiful, DON'T DO YOUR WEDDING HERE!

Profile Picture User6025927, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
1.0

The staff has been completely deceiving in their policies between originally touring the property and actually booking the venue. There is little to no professionalism and it is very hard to get any response to any questions that I have. The venue itself is gorgeous, but the staff is an utter disappointment.

Profile Picture User4945507, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful venue, they meet most of our expectations, there were some last minute hiccups that came up during our rehearsal but were all handled by the morning of the wedding.

thanks to the staff at Callanwolde! :) Our wedding here was amazing.

Profile Picture Angie, 10/11/15, 5 Reviews