Calandra's Bakery Reviews

Calandra's Bakery View more information

• Abigail
    Abigail Married on 10/15/2021

Amazing cake!

Tasted great and looked amazing!
  • Michelle
    Michelle D. Married on 09/24/2021

J&M wedding 09/24/21

We booked then through our venue. Loved the test tasting so many choices. We wanted two layers for our top piece and they did it for us. The day of the wedding the cake was delicious. Very easy to work with.
    Jaclyn Married on 09/19/2021

Amazing bakery

Calandra’s was delicious. The lady we met with for our cake tasting was so amazing- she was professional, allowed for us to enjoy our time and did not try to push any extras. Their cake was fresh and so delicious- our wedding cake was UNREAL. They delivered on taste, presentation and I had not one issue. I highly recommend Calandra’s for the most perfect wedding cake!
  • Kayla
    Kayla S. Married on 07/30/2021

Amazing Quailty!

Calandra's was a preferred vendor and the cake was included in our venue contract! We went for our tasting and had an absolutely amazing time! The tasting included both chocolate and vanilla cake with every filling option. Planning our cake was extremely easy and the woman we worked with was very passionate about her job!
  • Gabby
    Gabby C. Married on 07/17/2021

Perfect Wedding Cake!

My husband and I got our wedding cake from Calandra's and we were so happy with our decision. From the moment we arrived for our tasting consultation, we were beyond impressed. We sampled over two dozen combinations of cake and filling, which is more than any other bakery offered us during our consultation. Everything was fresh and delicious. We especially liked that you could taste the flavor and it wasn't overly sweet. The people at Calandra's were very helpful and so easy to work with. We chose a simple piping design, with flowers added on by our florist. We had three tiers, with cookies and cream, red velvet, and vanilla cake with fresh strawberry. It should be noted that my husband is not usually a fan of red velvet, but he loved it from Calandra's and insisted we get that filling for one of our tiers. Our cake looked absolutely beautiful on the day of our wedding and even 4 days later, our leftovers still tasted as fresh as they did on our big day. We met with a few other cake vendors that our venue worked with and some of them wanted to charge additional, ridiculous fees just for some simple piping designs. Calandra's did it all and had the best quality cake. We are so glad Calandra's was a part of our special day and we will definitely go back for our one year anniversary cake!
  • Sarina
    Sarina N. Married on 07/10/2021

Delicious!

Aisha was great to work with. She helped make my vision a reality. It was great to have so many filling flavors to choose from. Our cake was fresh and delicious!
  • Ariel
    Ariel Married on 06/27/2021

Delicious!

Our venue partners with Calandras for wedding cakes, but even still we knew it would be amazing. We were easily able to schedule our cake tasting, even if it was a little different with Covid. They give SO many flavor options it’s crazy. Since our cake was going to be 3 tiers, we were able to pick 2 different types and then a combo of both for the top tier which our venue gave us to take home. We wanted a super simple cake design and weren’t looking for anything fancy, but the cake was beautiful and was truly delicious. Got a lot of compliments on it!
  • Denise
    Denise S. Married on 02/14/2020

Delicious AND gorgeous!

We had two choices of bakeries to decide between for our wedding and we went with Calandra's, hands down. We had our tasting and we knew from that moment that was the bakery for us. The flavors were so delicious and the variety was outstanding. Then when we saw what the cake would look like, we couldn't wait! It was everything we wanted and more. And to have people actually come up to us AS the wedding cake was served to tell us how delicious it was, well that should say something. I know that there are many times i don't even eat the cake at a wedding, they can be so tasteless and horrible. Needless to say, my husband and I ate the top of the cake already. Why wait? LOL! Fantastic!!!
  • Brittany
    Brittany G. Married on 02/07/2020

Delicious cake

Calandras bakery has the best cake I’ve ever tasted! It is so fresh and so many of my guests at my wedding commented on how delicious it was!! They were very helpful over the phone scheduling our tasting and very helpful when it came to choosing our flavors. The cake had a beautiful design on it and we were so happy with their services!!!
  • Audrey
    Audrey Married on 11/15/2019

The MOST delicious cake

When we met with Aishah, we had a feeling this would be the place we ordered our cake from. No other bakery was as fresh as this one. She gave us exactly the design we wanted and didn't try to upsell us on anything. We have the top tier frozen (which we got to choose our own special flavor for), the middle tier was completely gone, and the third tier we got to bring home about 2/3 of it and IT WAS STILL DELICIOUS THREE WEEKS LATER when we got back from our honeymoon.
    Megan Married on 09/28/2019

Made the process so easy

My husband and I got married in September 2019. Our venue suggested a different bakery for our cake, but we wanted to make sure we were getting the best, so we decided to do a cake tasting at Calandra's as well. While the other bakery served us stale cake with limited options of flavors, Calandra's served us a whole tray of cakes, each topped with a different icing, that tasted as if they were right out of the oven! We met with Aisha, who was very responsive and knowledgeable and impressively helpful.

Once we decided to go with Calandra's, we met with Aisha and helped us to design the exact cake we wanted (even though we weren't sure exactly what that was at first). She also offered us a second (complimentary!) cake tasting during the design meeting.

On our wedding day, we could have NOT have been more pleased with the final product. Our cake was beautiful AND delicious! I'm not exaggerating when I say that Calandra's made choosing a wedding cake FAR AND AWAY the least stressful part of planning our wedding...it was even PLEASANT, which I can't say for most other parts of the process. We are THRILLED and are already planning to revisit for celebration cakes for years to come!
  • Reggie
    Reggie R. Married on 08/10/2019

Best cake ever!

We worked with Aisha and she was wonderful. The cake was the best cake we ever had and we got nothing but compliments from our guests.
    Elyse Married on 08/10/2019

Delicious!!

Aisha is fantastic to work with! She is able to create the most beautiful cakes that taste amazing too! She takes notes of all the things you like and want to help create the cake of your dreams. They also helped me throw in a surprise groom's cake as well! All were delicious and amazing! I only wish we had more leftovers to take home and enjoy! ;)
    Lily B. Married on 06/16/2019

Great cake!

Our venue provided an option of a couple bakeries and we chose Calandras! Setting up a tasting was easy and a lot of fun! We came with a fairly large group (7 people) and got two full trays of vanilla and chocolate cake with several types of icings to try. We ended up going with vanilla cake and a variety of icings. The cake looked beautiful and also was delicious!! The bakery is really neat and we've come back a couple of times for dinner and we also bought desserts from Calandra's for our rehearsal dinner.
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa Married on 05/18/2019

Perfect Cake for the Perfect Day

Let me start off by saying my wedding day was the PERFECT day, from the weather to the ceremony and the flowers and most definitely the reception. When looking for a cake, my venue gave me two options that they would pay for a standard cake for, Calandra's Bakery or Palermo's. I had been to a bunch of wedding expos at this point and was able to try a lot of Palermo's cakes and it was alright but didn't really blow me away.
    I set up an appointment at Calandra's with Aisha and came with my fiance the following week. When we come for the appointment, Aisha was the sweetest and made us feel so comfortable. She gave us a tray with an assortment of about 20 different cake-filling combinations. WOW, the next was better than the one before. I always thought that the wedding cake was just a beautiful thing to be seen, but I didn't know that it was actually going to taste amazing too. We decided to upgrade our cake a little and go with fondant with four tiers. Aisha let us do whatever we wanted to the cake, even allowing us to have a different cake on each tier. I brought in the colors of my bridesmaids' dresses and Aisha was then able to make the sugar flowers on the cake match them perfectly. I brought in my own topper and the cake was just PERFECT! This cake really blew me away. Not only was it picture perfect, but it tasted delicious. I cannot thank Aisha and Calandra's bakery enough for helping make my wedding day perfect.
  • Agata
    Agata Married on 03/31/2019

Absolutely Perfect

I cannot thank Aisha enough for helping me to choose the best cake for my wedding day. It was a stressful period for me. My venue had the cake included and I had 4 bakeries options. Honestly, sometimes the one that has the most rating is not the best.
    The attention that Aisha gave me was great.
    Not only that, she listened to me. I didn’t want anything too sweet and not too plain. We got the perfect cake! Delicious.
    Everyone loved!!
    Thank you so much Calandra’s and Aisha.
    Rachel Married on 05/27/2018
    Do yourself a favor and use Calandra's bakery for your wedding cake!!! We had 2 choices of bakeries included with our venue, and as soon as we tasted Calandra's cake at a wedding expo, we knew we had to go with them. We wanted a pretty simple looking wedding cake, it was more important for us to have a cake that tasted good! And that's exactly what we got. The cake tasting was incredible, so many different combos to choose from. We went with 2 different combos for our tiers: vanilla cake with canolli cream filling, and chocolate cake with raspberry jam filling. Both were INSANE! We got so many compliments on how awesome the cake tasted. It also came out beautifully! They decorated the cake exactly how we asked. They were very good at responding to e-mails up until the day. Already looking forward to having a slice of our frozen wedding cake for our anniversary! If you want a beautiful cake that tastes insanely delicious, go with Calandra's.
    Christina Married on 10/29/2017
    Calandra's gave us the elegant, simple fall wedding cake we envisioned. We worked with Aisha, who was so attentive and always available to review the design and talk about any concerns we had. Our cake had three layers with three difference flavors, one more delicious then the next. The cake tasting process and is fun one! We gained a few pounds because of it, but it was worth it :) If you want a beautiful quality wedding cake, go to Calandra's!
    Dara Married on 05/13/2017
    I'll get to the cake in a sec - let's talk about the cake tasting. Holy crap! That was one of the most incredible things I've ever seen. My husband and I went with my parents and between the 4 of us, we had so many leftovers, we couldn't even finish those. Incredible!

Down to the cake itself - I was a little nervous with the cake. I wanted something simple but not boring. A lot of the pictures you see online are really crazy and I was afraid going in that I would be talked into something I didn't want. Aisha was the exact opposite of this - she listened, she coached, she gave her opinion. She was honest and forthright but ultimately she never steered away from what we really wanted.

When we saw the cake on the wedding day, we were both so happy with it. It was exactly what we wanted (and it tasted pretty damn good too).
    Mary Married on 12/30/2016
    A beautiful, classic, and delicious wedding cake! We loved our three tier cake that included a bottom layer of vanilla cake with cannoli filling, middle layer of red velvet cake with cream cheese filling, and top layer of chocolate cake with chocolate cream filling! I plan on going to Calandra’s every year for an anniversary cake!
    Danielle Married on 10/17/2015
    Calandra's Bakery was a fantastic choice for our Wedding cake. Not only was it beautiful, but absolutely delicious! They worked closely with us to give us exactly what we wanted. We tasted samples of so many different kinds of cake. We loved working with the people at the bakery as well. They were very accommodating to us and listened closely to what we were looking for. Just a wonderful experience all around. Our guests are still talking about how delicious our cake was!
  • User5398003 2+ years ago
    IT was great! Exactly was I pictured!!
  • User5398005 2+ years ago
    Amazing Baker David is the Best ! The cakes always look beautiful and taste even better
    Kelly Married on 03/12/2016
    We weren’t planning on having a wedding cake at our wedding since often they focus more on how pretty it is than how tasty it is. As part of our package at our wedding venue we were able to pick a cake from Calandra’s and I’m so glad we decided to try them. We had a tasting and all of the cakes were amazing! The cake was so fresh and the fillings and frostings were good. We were so happy with our chocolate frosted cake. It looked exactly as we wanted it to and it tasted amazing! Everyone commented on how good it was. Calandra’s Bakery really focuses on freshness and taste as well as appearance. Aisha helped us and really made sure we got what we wanted.
    Rizwan M. Married on 05/23/2021

Great cakes!

Really good cake options. Great customer service.