cakes xo Reviews

1 User photo

cakes xo 1

Robin Zabelka · Married on 03/16/2019

Yum, Yum, Yummy, Yum

Everyone told me I had over ordered for the cupcakes, HAHA, if someone hadn't snagged me a lemon cup cake I wouldn't have had a single one for myself. We did a small wedding cake for the ceremonial cut, and then did cupcakes for the guest (who also ate all of the cake that was there). I can't say enough about how wonderful they were for my special day. The tasting was great (and I even went back on our one month anniversary to get more cup cakes). They set up everything for me and it was amazing.

Sent on 05/02/2019
    cakes xo 2
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 10/13/2018

Delicious!

So good! We ordered a couple hundred cupcakes and a mini cake to cut. Both looked great and tasted even better. The initial tasting was easy to set up and make our selections. The desserts were delivered that day without any problem and all our guests complimented how good it was!

Sent on 10/15/2018
  • Mrs. Sasswood

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2016

Joanne is amazing! Guests are still talking about the cupcakes from our wedding. One of my uncles had 3 slices of cake and I'm pretty sure he went back for more. We were disappointed in the cheesecakes though as they tasted like the sugar/vanilla/flavoring was missing completely. Very bland which was not what we experienced from our tasting with her. The rest of the desserts (oreo, pumpkin spice, and red velvet cupcakes) were incredible though! Super moist and the frostings were delicious too. CakesXO also provided desserts for our rehearsal dinner and they were amazing too! I highly recommend the turtle cookies that I couldn't stop eating.

Joanne got back to my emails super fast and I never felt anxious waiting for a reply. She was also extremely helpful in determining the size of cake/number of cupcakes to offer and I never felt like she was "upselling" me which I felt some vendors throughout the planning process tried. It was refreshing. Pricing was great too- we got so much product for the price some brides pay for just a cake. Our budget certainly appreciated it!

We are definitely going to use CakesXO in the future and we cannot wait for our 1 year anniversary when we get to have our cake again :-)

Sent on 10/25/2016

Samantha · Married on 03/05/2016

I ordered special bridesmaid cookies from Cakes Xo, and was very satisfied with the way they turned out.

I'll be back to Cakes Xo as their staff is extremely friendly, sweet treats are delicious, and their prices are very reasonable! :)

Sent on 03/07/2016

Lori · Married on 01/02/2016

I absolutely loved working with Cakes XO. Joanne really takes her time to have an accurate vision for what you want your wedding cake to be. She also does her best to give you the most affordable options! And the cake! Well the cake is amazing!!! One of the best cakes I've ever had! Her shop is adorable and I have continued to use Cakes XO for several more events! You won't regret letting them make your wedding cake!

Sent on 07/15/2016

Alison · Married on 12/31/2015

Joanne was outstanding to work with, and she did an incredible job making the cupcakes for my wedding. They were exactly what we asked for- beautiful and yummy! We had 9 different flavors, and we're still getting tons of compliments on how good they were. In fact, I had to go buy some more for my dad for his birthday because he couldn't stop talking about them. I've recommended Cakes XO to several others who are now considering using them for their weddings! You can't go wrong!!

Sent on 02/15/2016

Stephanie · Married on 07/25/2015

Cakes XO provided us with our wedding cake and cake pops for our sweet table. They did a fabulous job and we received many compliments on how good the cake pops tasted! I will definitely use them in the future! :)

Sent on 08/04/2015
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 06/16/2018

3.0
      2.0
      3.5
      2.0

I had very high hopes for Cakes XO.

I went on a couple cake tastings, and Cakes XO was by far the best! We worked through all the details of what I wanted in the cake (it was pretty simple, a few swirls in white icing on white frosting on a 4 tier cake). I couldn't wait to see how it turned out. We also really liked to support a small local business.

The day of the wedding they were supposed to drop off the cake around 3:30 pm for a 5:00 ceremony. By 4:15 they had still not arrived so my mom and venue coordinator tried calling their bakery to no response (they were likely closed for the day at this point, but we had no other contact number for them). They finally arrived around 4:30 with a 3 tier cake that did not look very good.
    Turns out that the delivery driver had rear ended someone on the way over with a "light tap" that caused my cake to fall apart. They went back to the bakery to try to salvage what they could by loading it up with fondant to cover the imperfections. I had asked to not have fondant on the cake at all. The cake that they showed up with was a 3 tier cake, instead of 4. We were all very confused and disappointed by this. Apparently the 4th tier made it's way into the kitchen during delivery but no one at the venue was notified of this. The cake was not very great looking.

I understand that things come up and issues happen, but we were not notified of any of these issues until my mom had called to complain about this. Had we been told upfront what happened that day, we would have been a lot more understanding since sometimes life happens. The fact that we were not notified of anything and a bad looking, smaller cake was put out on display was very frustrating to us.

The cake still was very delicious and we were impressed with the flavor of it, just a little bit more upfront transparency would have been nice.

Sent on 07/02/2018

cakes xo's reply:

Hi Sara
    Again .. I apologize . And a Full refund was provided to your mom for the cake. Thank You for understanding .
    The cake was late due to the fender bender. " light tap as you put it" Reason why you could not reach us. The fondant was to provide stability for the cake. I am aware you didn't ask for fondant. It was to repair the cake as I explained .
    The bottom layer would not hold the three layers , so when I arrived to the venue ,the ceremony was about to start. I went to the kitchen to talk to the chef. The young man who accepted the cake said he was unavailable at the time , He would accept the cake . I did explain what happened to him. He would relay the message. (very common practice) .
    I receive the email from your mom on Tuesday the next day we opened. I Refunded the money for the cake and could not apologize enough. In all of my cake testing I advise the bride and groom.. Some things happen in every event. Just enjoy your day and what you cant control that day make your phone calls when you can. I didn't notify the mother of the bride or the venue coordinator , the wedding was about to start. I didn't want to disrupt the event.
    The young man told the coordinator happened when he was asked .
    Our cakes are guaranteed … Reason you received your full refund on your cake. I apologize again for the frustration.
    Happy Marriage