cakes by megan Reviews

35 | Stephens City, VA

35 Reviews for cakes by megan

35 cakes by megan Reviews

Matt · Married on 06/17/2017

Our special day would not have been complete without the delicious and beautiful cake that Megan baked for our wedding! We were impressed with her attentiveness to detail, responsiveness to our emails and questions, and her friendly demeanor. The overall value and experience offered by Cakes by Megan is second to none. It is well worth your time to reach out to Megan and inquire about her services for your wedding!

PRITI · Married on 10/02/2016

Megan was such a doll to work with. Not only did she bring delicious samples to our tasting but she even custom made my cake and it fit within my budget!! I must have gone to at least 5 other vendors who either couldn't custom I've the flavors and/or it came out to be well over $1,000 for 150 people! Megan even gave us the 4th tier for free to eat later in the year (we were going to save it for our 1 year anniversary but.... we'll be having it sooner than that because it's just that good.) She listened to what I wanted and truly delivered. I highly recommend Megan for any and all types of cake!

Ashley · Married on 10/10/2015

We hired Megan for our recent wedding and I cannot recommend her enough. Our cakes were delicious (we went with the pumpkin spice and Butterscotch) and were an incredible value (and more importantly so tasty!). They looked gorgeous and were delivered on time and even more beautifully than I had hoped. Thank you Megan!

• NickiDK

Nicki · Married on 07/19/2015

I am a true lover of dessert and cake in particular, so I had some pretty high expectations when it came to our wedding cake.
    We got married in the middle of July when it's impossibly hot out, and our guests were going to be served a large family-style Italian meal before dessert, so we wanted a cake that would be light and fresh. We set up a tasting with Cakes by Megan after seeing the inventive flavors and her use of fresh ingredients, and we were sold right away! The icing was perfect (light but flavorful), the cake was moist, and her designs were awesome! We decided to choose two flavors (s'mores and mixed berry), and we made sure to order even amounts of both so guests could enjoy both flavors. The cake was even more beautiful than we imagined, and everything actually tasted even better than when we sampled it! We got rave reviews from guests about how incredibly good it was, and we were happy to have ordered more than necessary so that we got to take some home. Megan also offers a fresh mini anniversary cake so that you don't have to save the top layer! Hooray!

Megan made an amazing and beautiful cake for our wedding! It was exactly as we had discussed and lived up to all our expectations! Megan was very responsive and professional throughout the entire process. Highly recommend Cakes by Megan for a delicious and beautiful cake for any occasion!

Andre · Married on 03/14/2015

The cupcakes I ordered from Cakes by Megan were delicious. All my guest raved about how good the cupcakes were. I would defintely recommend Cakes by Megan.

Marie · Married on 12/20/2014

Excellent value, flexible to work with, very responsive, and most important of all: delicious cakes!! We had a hard time deciding which flavor to get because there are so many to choose from. Also, I made a design change after our cake tasting and Megan was very easily able to accommodate that change- she even had the decoration I wanted to buy already available! I'm so happy I found Megan!!

Tiffany · Married on 08/02/2014

Megan made the most beautiful and delicious cake for our wedding! I loved every detail and how she brought my vision to life! I highly recommend Megan!

Kseniya · Married on 05/30/2014

Megan was amazing! She was very accommodating to our schedule for the tastings and we had a specialty request of Pavlovas! She gave us several different options and they we delicious! All of our guests loved them! She communicated throughout, came herself to set up, and paypal option of payment is always easy!

Cheryl · Married on 11/02/2013

We were very pleased with the cake and customer service provided by Cakes by Megan. Her prices were extremely reasonable and the cake was beautiful and delicious! Megan provided a tasting for me, my mom and the groom, walked us through the pricing of cakes and cupcakes, and helped us decide on a final design for our cake. Based on my research of other vendors, her prices were the lowest-- plus the prices included a very beautiful design.

Megan was also very accommodating for the day-of plans. The week before the wedding, we delivered fake flowers to her house which she used to decorate the cake, as it was an easy way to save money. She also helped us by taking the cake knife, server and our toasting flutes to the reception venue, and set them out on the cake table and sweetheart table as we requested. We certainly did not expect her to set these up for us, and for her to be so helpful made us feel even better about selecting her as our vendor.

We were very happy with Cakes by Megan-- Thank you!

We found Cakes by Megan online; Megan responded very quickly and provided a cake tasting at a time that worked with my husband's work schedule, as well as mine. Megan is a wonderfully talented cake baker/decorator and has the warm friendly personality to match. We loved meeting with her and describing what we envisioned for our wedding cake. The cake was delivered with perfect timing and was exactly what we wanted; elegant and delicious!!! I will definitely call her again for future events.

Jennifer · Married on 09/13/2013

I was absolutely thrilled with my cake. It was gorgeous. The height, the look, the color, and the taste turned out beautiful. Many people at the wedding commented on how good the cake was. Thank you Megan you did an outstanding job. I am so proud of how beautiful the cake was. I will always remember it!

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS. Everyone raved about our cake! The photographer featured it, as he loved it as well!
    Megan was so personable- she came to our house for the cake tasting! Her price was unbelievable! She gave us more options than we thought we could afford... and the cake was THE most amazing cake either one of us have ever tasted! Hands-down I would recommend her to any bride and groom without a doubt. We tried other places, and Megan was the best taste, value, personality and design.

It was great working with Megan. Our wedding theme with chocolate and raspberry so the cake was extremely important! She did a fantastic job and it was delicious! She also made us an anniversary cake and it brought us back to our wedding day! Thank you so much Megan!!

Elisabeth · Married on 07/01/2012

Despite a power outage the day before the wedding that knocked out the whole region, Megan still managed to mix our cakes in the dark and then bake them when the power came back on (thank goodness!!). I think that alone qualifies her for 5 stars!

But in addition to feats against power and other catastrophes, Megan is also a lovely person. Our tasting at her home was fun and helpful. She had a whole book of pictures to help us find something we liked for the design, for which we didn't really have an idea. And the cake is delicious! Amazing, totally amazing cake. We were very happy with the three flavors we tried, but kept it to 2, almond and lemon, for the actual cake. It was beautiful, tasty, and perfect.

Anna · Married on 05/20/2011

Everything from the initial communication to the tasting to the actual day was wonderful. Megan is extremely talented and very helpful in visualizing what a couple is looking for. She created a beautiful and delicious display of cupcakes with a small top layer for cutting. It was exactly what I'd hoped for. If you're in the DC Metro area and are having a wedding or special event, I highly recommend you use Megan. I would definitely use her again!

Sara · Married on 05/14/2011

Megan did a wonderful job on our wedding cake. The cake wasnt just the average cake you would see at a wedding. It was a castle with bears and dragons and tons of detail. THe cake looks beautiful and the taste was wonderful. Every one of our guests wanted seconds!!!

Susan · Married on 07/03/2010

Cakes by Megan is a great place to get your wedding cake! Megan makes amazing cakes, with both traditional and fun flavor combinations.

If I could give her a 10 on the flexibility, I would. She met with us just a few weeks before our wedding, after our first cake provider's business burned down. For our convenience, she met us in a park (seriously!) and she brought plastic plates and knives and five cute decorated cakes. She was amazing.

Our guests loved our cake and we definitely made sure to grab a piece because it was just soo delicious! Pretty sure the groom had about three pieces whenever he got a chance! Highly recommend cakes by megan!

Eugenia · Married on 07/25/2009

Mehan is great! Her cakes are so moist and delicious. She made our cake exactly how I described it to her. She also made my cake for my surprise bridal shower and it was fantastic. Not only can she make cakes for weddings and bridal showers but for other party needs.

Kimberly · Married on 05/03/2008

Megan provided a beautifully made cake. She gave us extra ("free") cake layers and her flowers workmanship was fabulous!

Allison · Married on 03/29/2008

Our wedding cake was amazing and Megan was very easy to work with. We had a little bit of an untraditional theme because we got married in Las Vegas and wanted a theme cake. Megan worked really hard to make sure that our cake stuck with the theme but still looked like a wedding cake. It turned out better than I could have imagined and tasted just as good.

Thanks Megan for making our day special.

Kimberly · Married on 07/14/2007

Our cake was amazing! I have been to a lot of weddings where the cake was beautiful, but it didn't taste great. Our cake both looked great and tasted great. I am still getting compliments from our guests on how much they loved it.

Carolyn · Married on 05/06/2012

Megan's cakes are beautiful, but more importantly, (in my opinion, at least) they are delicious. The flavor combinations she offers go beyond traditional wedding cake flavors and are especially great for any brides out there that don't like plain vanilla. My friends had her make an assortment of cupcakes for my bridal shower (the cheesecake cupcake was especially amazing) because we had such a hard time picking only two flavors for our cake.

I felt like she really listened to all my ideas during our consultations, and the cake looked even better than I imagined. It matched our colors and our theme perfectly and the (gum-paste?) flowers looked almost real. On top of everything else, she was very reasonably priced. We're looking forward to having her make us a cake for our one-year anniversary.

Megan was wonderful to work with! She not only does cake but is also a day of coordinator.

My guests raved about how wonderful the wedding cakes were. We had three cakes and each one that I tried was wonderful. The cannoli cake which is new to her menu was so light and had a great flavor. The grooms cake was a chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream and a cheesecake layer- this was to die for, My husband is not wanting to share the cake topper we brought home. The coconut cake disappeared! The sugar flowers were different on all of them! and all were beautiful. She also offers replacement tiers for our first anniversary for $20 to be decorated like our wedding cake.

Her talent doesn't end with cake- she made coconut and amaretto truffles for our wedding favors- which she helped turn into our place cards. Her husband was able to cut elements from our wedding invitations to create name cards with table numbers for our guests which they attached to the favor boxes.

She also supplied containers (apothecary jars, glass and silver bowls, and silver scoops) and candy for a candy bar. She made a selection of dark chocolate, kahlua, and grand marnier truffles, sugar cookie snowflakes and traditional greek kourabiedes (like snowballs) for our winter theme displayed on a tiered stand. Also supplied marshmallows, chocolate shavings and candy canes for our hot chocolate & Coffee station. Purchased custom M&Ms, hershey kisses, jordan almonds, and color specific jelly belly jelly beans that matched our theme. Supplied candy bags with custom sticker with our names and wedding date and snowflakes.

As we had a Greek wedding she also supplied the traditional jordan almonds wrapped in tulle and tied with a bow and flower for each place setting.

I will recommend Cakes by Megan to anyone for any type of event.

Kelly · Married on 10/26/2014

The set up and the cupcake/cakes were delicious! The prices were very fair and Megan made it exactly as requested.