Cakes By Manfred Reviews

Cakes By Manfred 2
Cakes By Manfred 3
Cakes By Manfred 4

Rebecca · Married on 07/28/2018

We were in awe of Manfred's cake when we first saw the cake at our wedding reception. The bow on top of the cake, and piping around the cake, were beautiful. The cake was extremely delicious, and our guests could not stop commenting on how good the cake was! We are grateful that we chose Manfred to create our wedding cake!

Kristen · Married on 05/12/2018

Oh my gosh! Our cake was SO beautiful and SO delicious and honestly, after having a tasting with Manfred, we didn't need to try anyone else! His cakes are light and airy and the frosting is sweet and delicious without being overpowering. He perfectly executed my vision for my wedding cake and did everything from decorating the cake, putting the topper on, setting it on our custom cake stand, and even inserting our cake pulls for the bridesmaids! Thank you, Manfred, for the wonderful cake! I only wish I wasn't so busy on my wedding day so I could've eaten more!

Cakes By Manfred 5

Catherine · Married on 09/30/2017

We hired Manfred to do our wedding cake(s) after recommendations from several friends who had also hired him. My mom and I did a tasting with him and an informal tasting at a fancy bakery in Greensboro. One bite in at the second bakery and we both said Manfred's cake was so much better and would cost just a fraction compared to the bakery for the same product. His buttercream is to die for - light, sweet, but not overwhelm-your-taste-buds sweet. The cake is moist and just the perfect consistency - not too heavy and not too light where it seems to disappear into the frosting. For our wedding we ordered a small two tier cake to cut and then two full sheet cakes and it turned out perfectly. Manfred is so professional and polite and has such a great knowledge of cakes and cake decorating. I had saved a photo of a cake from a magazine when I was a teenager and he recreated it perfectly. He answered my questions about how to size my cake topper for the height of the cake and was always prompt in answering correspondence. He is the best kept secret in Kernersville! Hire him - everyone will LOVE your cake!

Cakes By Manfred 6
    Cakes By Manfred 7

Ashley · Married on 09/09/2017

I can't say enough good things about Manfred. He is a wonderful person, and so easy to communicate with. His cakes are delicious and beautiful! My husband doesn't really love cake and especially not frosting, and he loved Manfred's fresh and fluffy cakes and frosting. As far as decorating, we sent Manfred a few photos of something similar to what we wanted, and described the rest, and he made the cake perfectly! It was better than we imagined! We got so many compliments on it. I've been to a lot of weddings, and it's honestly the best cake I've ever had. He also did chocolate covered strawberries for us and they were fresh and delightful! He is very reasonably priced, especially for the quality and detail he puts into his work. You won't regret picking Manfred!

Cakes By Manfred 8
  • ForeverYoung5617

Janlynn · Married on 05/06/2017

Our wedding cake was so beautiful and tasted AMAZING on top of It! Manfred was able to bring the vision for our wedding cake to life during our consultations, and he wasn't kidding when he said guest would be going up for more than one slice! I'm glad we ordered the extra servings--our guests loved being able to try out both flavors! I would definitely recommend Manfred for your wedding day needs!

Jessica · Married on 04/15/2017

Chef Manfred Schmidt was absolutely INCREDIBLE. Extremely skilled and talented; a master of his craft. Extremely professional and kind. Great communication. His cakes are beyond anything we have ever tasted. He makes authentic European cake flavors and macarons. He is absolutely wonderful. HIGHLY recommend trying his cakes before you choose a cake-- his flavors will speak for themselves, and you will never go anywhere else for cake again.

kim · Married on 04/30/2016

I cannot say enough about Manfred. My daughter's Wedding cake was beautiful and it was delicious. My daughter brought Manfred a picture of a Wedding cake that she liked and he was able to make it just like she wanted. We had so many compliments! I would recommend Cakes by Manfred!

Manfred is by far the best when it comes to wedding cakes! I went to my initial consultation and was blown away by how delicious his cakes are. He let us try several flavors and fillings and all of them were delicious. He has been very responsive with his emails and working with me to figure out exactly what design I'm looking for. He is very easy to work with and such a nice guy. His work is sensational and I don't think I have found a better tasting cake, or design in the area. I can't wait to see our finished cake for the wedding! I highly suggest manfred for your wedding cake, you won't be disappointed!

• Abby

Abby · Married on 06/20/2015

Manfred's cakes are beautiful and tasty. It seemed like we were going to have to sacrifice one or the other when my FH and I were looking for cakes. We met with Manfred for our tasting, then he asked us to take our time deciding on flavors and decorations. When we met to talk about flavor and design, it was easy and he just seemed excited, which made me excited. He came very highly recommended to us by a lot of our vendors, and we feel like we've made a great decision with Manfred! He is so nice and brilliant with cakes.

Ashley · Married on 05/30/2015

Manfred was wonderful! Our cake was the most beautiful cake I've ever seen, he really took the time to put effort into the details. He was so professional and when you talked with him, you felt like you knew him forever. We went in for our cake tasting and he accommodated both my husband and I and his mom, sister, and 2 nieces. We were blown away by the way our cake tasted. It was moist and delicious. Manfred showed up at the venue on time to set the cake up and it looked awesome. You can tell he really loves what he does and takes the time to make his cake look like an art piece. We were thrilled with how easy he was to work with and the wonderful job he did. I would definitely recommend using him for your wedding. You won't be disappointed!

Best cake I have ever had!!!! He does excellent work. His cakes are beautiful!!! Reasonably priced and done to perfection.

Donna · Married on 07/12/2014

Manfred made the wedding cake for my daughters wedding. It was beautiful, made exactly the way she asked for, and it was so delicious! He was so easy to work with and while very professional, he was very nice and kind. A wonderful man who makes a fantastic cake. We are 100% satisfied.

Most wedding cakes that I have had while attending other weddings are usually dry, and I certainly did not want that for my wedding. Manfred's cakes are super moist and delicious and my guests absolutely loved it!

Sally · Married on 02/16/2014

Absolutely the best cake I've ever had, and a beautiful presentation as well. Thank you so much for making exactly what we wanted

Mike · Married on 10/12/2013

I would highly recommend him all of of our cake was eaten!

Brittany · Married on 09/14/2013

I can't say enough amazing things about Cakes By Manfred. Not only are his cakes fluffy, not too sweet, and beautiful, but he is a great business to work with. He was quick to respond to emails, and he made an absolutely beautiful cake for our wedding day. All of our guests raved about how great the cake tasted.

Margy · Married on 03/09/2013

Best wedding cake I have ever eaten! I had his cake at a wedding I attended and it was wonderful so when my first daughter started wedding planning we requested an appointment with him. He is such a gentleman and the cake was delicious. He took time to talk with us and is extremely reasonable with his cost. Other places charged a ridiculous price for a tasting/consultation and their cost were higher. One in Kernersville told me they were too busy for a consultation and to check back in three months!. He did both of my girls' cakes and both were beautiful. At both weddings I had people come and ask me if he made the cakes. Also, after my first daughter's first anniversary, her top layer which we froze was just as good as the day of the wedding.

Rea · Married on 03/02/2013

I love Manfred! His cakes are amazing! The taste of the cake was delicious, the icing was perfect (not too sweet and not too buttery)! He was able to take images that I shared with him and customize it just for me. He was able to accommodate the large party we had and use his artistic talents to make a cake that was massive and beautiful. He was also the best price around!

I was showing my wedding site to my coworker and one of the ladies came over and said, that must of been a Manfred Cake! Once you have a Manfred Cake you do not forget!

Kristen · Married on 02/16/2013

I had one requirement: big. white. cake. Everywhere I looked, the "biggest" cakes were so tiny, or if they were large, extremely over and beyond my budget. Then... I found Manfred. I knew I was asking for way more cake than necessary, but when am I ever going to get a giant cake again? He not only made us a giant cake (75-80 guests... cake feeds 160 people... YES!) but it was to die for. One of our guests, who had just paid for her daughter's wedding, nearly cried when she found out how little we paid for such a wonderful cake.

Definitely, definitely recommend. You see, Manfred is German and makes his cakes European-style. Never had a cake made to European standards? Then you've never had cake. I've had a lot of cake in my life and this was by far the best.

Joann · Married on 10/20/2012

There are a lot of newcomers to the cake baking business. If you really want the real thing, contact Manfred. The cake was both beautiful and delicious. He is the old world master and my guests loved the beautiful result.

Kelsey · Married on 08/04/2012

If you want the most beautiful cake you have ever seen, and you want it to taste like it was made in Heaven, you need to choose Manfred! He is very easy to work with but it is worth every penny! The cake was indescribably good, I can still taste it!!!

Ashley · Married on 03/03/2012

Manfred is very friendly and easy to work with. The cake was absolutely delicious; I wish we could have had more, but all guests said that they loved it. The cake itself was exactly what we envisioned and was gorgeous!! Manfred is very professional and I would recommend his services to all!!

Joni · Married on 01/14/2012

Our cake was amazing! It was so beautiful and 2 people that do not like cake said that they loved the taste of Manfred's cake! People kept commenting as to how great it tasted and went back for seconds!
    We had a 3 tier with a Sugar Calalillies Topper, Yellow Chiffon Cake w/off-white frosting, "Leopard Print" ribbon, with swirls, diamond dots and large swirls as the designs on the cake.
    We went to Manfred's home for a taste testing, his cakes are amazing tasteful. He uses his own special reciipe (which I have forgotten) which make his cakes flavors stand out and different than any other wedding I've had.
    He delievered the cake on time and it took my breath away!
    I also have beautiful pictures that I would be willing to share as a reference!
    We still have the top tier of our cake in our freezer and we hesitated to freeze it because it was so delicious we just wanted to eat more!

Katie · Married on 11/27/2010

My, oh my.\r\n\r\nThe cake = the most delicious part of a wedding :)\r\n\r\nManfred is amazing, hands down. His cakes are unlike any other cake around. I did tastings at nearly EVERY bakery in Greensboro. Overpriced, overly sweet and unprofessional is what I came up with time after time. One place had \"assistants\" (also known as the high school teenagers who work behind the counter) that gave you the cake samples and knew NOTHING about cake design but then proceeded to tell you if you liked the cake, the owner would call you sometime in a couple of days to go over things. Yikes! I don\'t live in the area, and I have to communicate about how I want my dream wedding cake to look over the phone? No, thanks! To top it off, the air was broken in the heat of the August and the cake was melted and wet, no mention of that prior to us showing up. The other place bad mouthed every other bakery in town, and then treated me like a number. \r\n\r\nBut Manfred, Manfred, Manfred....he is so professional and his work is magnificent. His meringue buttercream is hands down the most amazing I\'ve ever tasted. It pairs so well with his cake and fillings.\r\n\r\nOur cake was 4 layers. Red Velvet with White Chocolate filling, Chocolate with Peanut Butter filling, Chocolate with Strawberry Amaretto filling and Yellow with Frangelico. Not a drop of cake left, and everyone is still talking about how fresh and delicious it was!

Jessica · Married on 09/04/2010

Not only was the cake Amazingly BEAUTIFUL but it tasted amazing! Manfred does not make his cakes ahead of time and freeze them like a lot of companys do. He also does not take on a million different things at once. He is very professional and always there to answer any question. Manfred was amazing