42 Reviews for Cakes By Manfred

Consultations (4)
Delivery (4)
Setup (4)
42 Cakes By Manfred Reviews

Oh my gosh! Our cake was SO beautiful and SO delicious and honestly, after having a tasting with Manfred, we didn't need to try anyone else! His cakes are light and airy and the frosting is sweet and delicious without being overpowering. He perfectly executed my vision for my wedding cake and did everything from decorating the cake, putting the topper on, setting it on our custom cake stand, and even inserting our cake pulls for the bridesmaids! Thank you, Manfred, for the wonderful cake! I only wish I wasn't so busy on my wedding day so I could've eaten more!

Profile Picture Kristen, 5/12/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We hired Manfred to do our wedding cake(s) after recommendations from several friends who had also hired him. My mom and I did a tasting with him and an informal tasting at a fancy bakery in Greensboro. One bite in at the second bakery and we both said Manfred's cake was so much better and would cost just a fraction compared to the bakery for the same product. His buttercream is to die for - light, sweet, but not overwhelm-your-taste-buds sweet. The cake is moist and just the perfect consistency - not too heavy and not too light where it seems to disappear into the frosting. For our wedding we ordered a small two tier cake to cut and then two full sheet cakes and it turned out perfectly. Manfred is so professional and polite and has such a great knowledge of cakes and cake decorating. I had saved a photo of a cake from a magazine when I was a teenager and he recreated it perfectly. He answered my questions about how to size my cake topper for the height of the cake and was always prompt in answering correspondence. He is the best kept secret in Kernersville! Hire him - everyone will LOVE your cake!

Profile Picture Catherine, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I can't say enough good things about Manfred. He is a wonderful person, and so easy to communicate with. His cakes are delicious and beautiful! My husband doesn't really love cake and especially not frosting, and he loved Manfred's fresh and fluffy cakes and frosting. As far as decorating, we sent Manfred a few photos of something similar to what we wanted, and described the rest, and he made the cake perfectly! It was better than we imagined! We got so many compliments on it. I've been to a lot of weddings, and it's honestly the best cake I've ever had. He also did chocolate covered strawberries for us and they were fresh and delightful! He is very reasonably priced, especially for the quality and detail he puts into his work. You won't regret picking Manfred!

Photo for Cakes By Manfred Review - (we made the toppers ourselves)
Profile Picture Ashley, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Our wedding cake was so beautiful and tasted AMAZING on top of It! Manfred was able to bring the vision for our wedding cake to life during our consultations, and he wasn't kidding when he said guest would be going up for more than one slice! I'm glad we ordered the extra servings--our guests loved being able to try out both flavors! I would definitely recommend Manfred for your wedding day needs!

Profile Picture Janlynn, 5/6/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Chef Manfred Schmidt was absolutely INCREDIBLE. Extremely skilled and talented; a master of his craft. Extremely professional and kind. Great communication. His cakes are beyond anything we have ever tasted. He makes authentic European cake flavors and macarons. He is absolutely wonderful. HIGHLY recommend trying his cakes before you choose a cake-- his flavors will speak for themselves, and you will never go anywhere else for cake again.

Profile Picture Jessica , 4/15/17, 16 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

I cannot say enough about Manfred. My daughter's Wedding cake was beautiful and it was delicious. My daughter brought Manfred a picture of a Wedding cake that she liked and he was able to make it just like she wanted. We had so many compliments! I would recommend Cakes by Manfred!

Profile Picture kim, 4/30/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Manfred is by far the best when it comes to wedding cakes! I went to my initial consultation and was blown away by how delicious his cakes are. He let us try several flavors and fillings and all of them were delicious. He has been very responsive with his emails and working with me to figure out exactly what design I'm looking for. He is very easy to work with and such a nice guy. His work is sensational and I don't think I have found a better tasting cake, or design in the area. I can't wait to see our finished cake for the wedding! I highly suggest manfred for your wedding cake, you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Kaitlynn, 9/12/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Manfred's cakes are beautiful and tasty. It seemed like we were going to have to sacrifice one or the other when my FH and I were looking for cakes. We met with Manfred for our tasting, then he asked us to take our time deciding on flavors and decorations. When we met to talk about flavor and design, it was easy and he just seemed excited, which made me excited. He came very highly recommended to us by a lot of our vendors, and we feel like we've made a great decision with Manfred! He is so nice and brilliant with cakes.

Profile Picture Abby, 6/20/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Manfred was wonderful! Our cake was the most beautiful cake I've ever seen, he really took the time to put effort into the details. He was so professional and when you talked with him, you felt like you knew him forever. We went in for our cake tasting and he accommodated both my husband and I and his mom, sister, and 2 nieces. We were blown away by the way our cake tasted. It was moist and delicious. Manfred showed up at the venue on time to set the cake up and it looked awesome. You can tell he really loves what he does and takes the time to make his cake look like an art piece. We were thrilled with how easy he was to work with and the wonderful job he did. I would definitely recommend using him for your wedding. You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/30/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Best cake I have ever had!!!! He does excellent work. His cakes are beautiful!!! Reasonably priced and done to perfection.

Profile Picture Maggie, 3/21/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Manfred made the wedding cake for my daughters wedding. It was beautiful, made exactly the way she asked for, and it was so delicious! He was so easy to work with and while very professional, he was very nice and kind. A wonderful man who makes a fantastic cake. We are 100% satisfied.

Profile Picture Donna, 7/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Most wedding cakes that I have had while attending other weddings are usually dry, and I certainly did not want that for my wedding. Manfred's cakes are super moist and delicious and my guests absolutely loved it!

Profile Picture User3921265, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Absolutely the best cake I've ever had, and a beautiful presentation as well. Thank you so much for making exactly what we wanted

Profile Picture Sally, 2/16/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Manfred is a true gentleman pastry chef. It is rare to find someone who takes their craft seriously and respectfully, and it was truly refreshing. We had him make our wedding cake and groom's cake, and both were AH-MAZING. Our venue owners and staff were so excited when we told them we had "Manfred cakes"!! The wife of the owner took one bite of the cake and said "I LOVE THAT MAN!" Other brides in the area were so jealous when we told them we got Manfred. We received so many more compliments on the cakes and I highly recommend Cakes by Manfred.

Profile Picture Caroline, 11/9/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I would highly recommend him all of of our cake was eaten!

Profile Picture Mike, 10/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Cakes by Manfred is an awesome value! The cakes are so delicious and beautiful! The cake we ordered for our wedding was very tasty and exactly what we ordered. I enjoyed that the cake wasn't too sweet and the butter cream frosting was very yummy! Thanks to everyone at Cakes by Manfred! We loved our cake!

Profile Picture User3690724, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I can't say enough amazing things about Cakes By Manfred. Not only are his cakes fluffy, not too sweet, and beautiful, but he is a great business to work with. He was quick to respond to emails, and he made an absolutely beautiful cake for our wedding day. All of our guests raved about how great the cake tasted.

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/14/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Best wedding cake I have ever eaten! I had his cake at a wedding I attended and it was wonderful so when my first daughter started wedding planning we requested an appointment with him. He is such a gentleman and the cake was delicious. He took time to talk with us and is extremely reasonable with his cost. Other places charged a ridiculous price for a tasting/consultation and their cost were higher. One in Kernersville told me they were too busy for a consultation and to check back in three months!. He did both of my girls' cakes and both were beautiful. At both weddings I had people come and ask me if he made the cakes. Also, after my first daughter's first anniversary, her top layer which we froze was just as good as the day of the wedding.

Profile Picture Margy, 3/9/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I love Manfred! His cakes are amazing! The taste of the cake was delicious, the icing was perfect (not too sweet and not too buttery)! He was able to take images that I shared with him and customize it just for me. He was able to accommodate the large party we had and use his artistic talents to make a cake that was massive and beautiful. He was also the best price around!

I was showing my wedding site to my coworker and one of the ladies came over and said, that must of been a Manfred Cake! Once you have a Manfred Cake you do not forget!

Profile Picture Rea, 3/2/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I had one requirement: big. white. cake. Everywhere I looked, the "biggest" cakes were so tiny, or if they were large, extremely over and beyond my budget. Then... I found Manfred. I knew I was asking for way more cake than necessary, but when am I ever going to get a giant cake again? He not only made us a giant cake (75-80 guests... cake feeds 160 people... YES!) but it was to die for. One of our guests, who had just paid for her daughter's wedding, nearly cried when she found out how little we paid for such a wonderful cake.

Definitely, definitely recommend. You see, Manfred is German and makes his cakes European-style. Never had a cake made to European standards? Then you've never had cake. I've had a lot of cake in my life and this was by far the best.

Profile Picture Kristen, 2/16/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

There are a lot of newcomers to the cake baking business. If you really want the real thing, contact Manfred. The cake was both beautiful and delicious. He is the old world master and my guests loved the beautiful result.

Profile Picture Joann, 10/20/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

If you want the most beautiful cake you have ever seen, and you want it to taste like it was made in Heaven, you need to choose Manfred! He is very easy to work with but it is worth every penny! The cake was indescribably good, I can still taste it!!!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 8/4/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Manfred is very friendly and easy to work with. The cake was absolutely delicious; I wish we could have had more, but all guests said that they loved it. The cake itself was exactly what we envisioned and was gorgeous!! Manfred is very professional and I would recommend his services to all!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 3/3/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was amazing! It was so beautiful and 2 people that do not like cake said that they loved the taste of Manfred's cake! People kept commenting as to how great it tasted and went back for seconds!
We had a 3 tier with a Sugar Calalillies Topper, Yellow Chiffon Cake w/off-white frosting, "Leopard Print" ribbon, with swirls, diamond dots and large swirls as the designs on the cake.
We went to Manfred's home for a taste testing, his cakes are amazing tasteful. He uses his own special reciipe (which I have forgotten) which make his cakes flavors stand out and different than any other wedding I've had.
He delievered the cake on time and it took my breath away!
I also have beautiful pictures that I would be willing to share as a reference!
We still have the top tier of our cake in our freezer and we hesitated to freeze it because it was so delicious we just wanted to eat more!

Profile Picture Joni, 1/14/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

After our original baker went out of business, we were able to book Manfred with only a month until our wedding! He is just wonderful and a real pleasure to work with. The cake was great, though there must have been a slight miscommunication on the filling but that was probably my own fault. It looked beautiful and was just what I ordered. My only regret was that the cake topper was put on wrong. From the angle it was out on, it blocked from view the entire "punchline" of the novelty topper and just looked like any old topper. I was very disappointed and cringe at most of my cake pictures now because of that. BUT, had I not been so stressed & frazzled on my wedding day and had my coordinator been doing her job, we could have fixed it ourselves. Not really Manfred's fault since he wasn't familiar with the topper but I thought it was pretty obvious that the best part was hidden. Anyway, he was pricey and of course the only 2 flavors he charges extra for (red velvet & carrot) were 2 of the 3 flavors I wanted which caught me off guard since he was the first baker I had been to with an upcharge on those 2 flavors. The cake at the tasting was better than the cake at the wedding, in my opinion, but it was still pretty good. However, there were no guests raving after the wedding about my incredibly delicious cake, which is what I expected after hearing/reading of Manfred's impeccable reputation and tasting an incredibly delicious cake at the tasting.

Profile Picture Emily, 11/11/11, 5 Reviews