Cakes by Liza, LLC Reviews

Cakes by Liza, LLC 2
Cakes by Liza, LLC 3
Cakes by Liza, LLC 4

Carrie (Gray) Van Haren · Married on 06/01/2019

Fantastic experience and beautiful cake!

Our wedding cake was gorgeous, and was delicious as well! I showed Liza some sample photos and described what we wanted, and she brought our vision to life. The cake received so many compliments; we were overjoyed with the results! Very satisfied customers here!

Sent on 06/05/2019
    Cakes by Liza, LLC 5

Cakes by Liza, LLC's reply:

Thank you Carrie! It was my pleasure working with you. Bless you both and wishing you love and happiness!

Anna · Married on 09/21/2018

Our wedding cake was absolutely amazing! We asked Liza for a simple, but elegant cake with a picture for inspiration. She surpassed our expectations and the cake was even better than we imagined.

We got a 3 tier cake with the bottom tier being a hexagon shape. We wanted a marble look to it, but we also wanted gold incorporated into it. The flavor we went with was a Pistachio and Chocolate Ganache. It tasted as good as it looked too!

Liza delivered the cake herself to the venue. She arrived early, set up the cake, and decorated it with the greenery to match our theme. She also ended up providing a gorgeous gold cake stand to match.

We're very pleased with the cake and the service!

Sent on 10/03/2018
    Cakes by Liza, LLC 6

Cakes by Liza, LLC's reply:

Thank you Anna and Jeron! So happy to be part of your wedding. Wishing you a life of love and happiness. Congratulations!

Nina · Married on 08/04/2018

I am SO glad that she made our wedding cake! It was truly the best cake I have EVER tasted. She listened to what I wanted and went way above and beyond my expectations. Our guests would not stop raving about how delicious and perfect the cake was. I asked her to make me a naked style wedding cake with a marbled inside of chocolate and vanilla. It wasn't too sweet, it was beautifully decorated, and the flavors inside were absolutely delicious (the chocolate ganache inside that cake was spectacular). I'm glad we took the topper so that I can have a delicious snack whenever the craving hits (which is pretty often!). She is incredibly talented and passionate about her cakes, and it really shows. I seriously can't thank her enough - Thank you again, Liza, for helping to make my wedding so much sweeter! I will always remember how much I enjoyed the cake on my wedding day <3

Sent on 08/14/2018

Cakes by Liza, LLC's reply:

You have made my job so easy. Thank you for the opportunity of working with you! So honored to be part of your special day and I’m glad you both loved it and your guests enjoyed it. Thank you again!

christy · Married on 07/04/2018

Liza was amazing. The cake was the most beautiful cake. All of my guest were impressed. Liza was also very helpful to my mother ! We are so grateful! Thank you Liza!! ❤️

Sent on 07/12/2018

Thank you Christy!

Michelle · Married on 05/15/2017

Our wedding cake was beautiful and everything we hoped for!! We had the almond cake with raspberry filling and the red velvet cake on alternating tiers. IT WAS DELICIOUS and had our guests wanting more. And even after a year, on our anniversary, cutting into our top tier per tradition, was still in perfect condition. Thank you, Cakes by Liza!!

Sent on 05/30/2018
    Cakes by Liza, LLC 7
    Cakes by Liza, LLC 8

Cakes by Liza, LLC's reply:

Thank you Adrian and Michele! Wishing you more anniversaries to come.

Lois · Married on 04/02/2017

Great taste, design, and yummy!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Kristina Lynn · Married on 09/02/2016

Liza was awesome! All the little details that my husband and I asked for were amazing! The lacey details that she added from my dress to the cake was flawless! I even asked for a lego/starwars groom cake and she did a great job with it! (My husband is kinda a nerd) I was nervous it was going to look too "kiddy" at first but she still made it look classy. She maintained communications the whole time during planning and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 02/07/2017

Cakes by Liza, LLC's reply:

Thank you Kristina! It was a pleasure working with you.

Bonnie · Married on 05/07/2016

Liza made my dream wedding cake! All my guests not only loved how beautiful and unique it was, but it was delicious! Thank you Aliza for making our day even more special. You are an amazing artist!

Sent on 02/15/2017

Tamika · event on 03/13/2015

Cakes by Liza was AWESOME! From the time I placed my order, up to deliver/pick-up her service has been the best. Any questions I had, she responded the same day. Upon pick-up she had the cake ready for transportation. her cake was so beautiful I had to force my guest to cut and eat. I would highly recommend her services and I will be a returning customer.

Sent on 05/07/2015

Tina · Married on 02/07/2015

Liza was a delight. So accommodating, creative and professional.
    Everyone just raved over her display and delicious cakes. On the most special day, my daughter's wedding, Liza prepared everything with such care and precision. We couldn't have been happier!

Holly · Married on 11/15/2014

Liza's work is FABULOUS! Since I had no idea what I really wanted for my wedding cake, I gave her the reins, and her creativity ran away with it. The final product was GORGEOUS and was a perfect centerpiece to our lovebird-themed wedding. The intricate details on the cake were perfect and elegant, while the handmade bird's nest as our topper and flowers were the best reflection of our personalities. She also had so many flavors to choose from that every guest was able to have a little bit of everything. We had chocolate, lemon, butter rum, and mocha chiffon. Everyone gave our cake so many compliments with regard to design, flavor, moistness, everything! We couldn't have been happier with the work she did and would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone. Can't wait to take another bite in a year!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Tonya · event on 09/26/2014

Liza - prepared a delicious Red Velvet Cake with pecans for my military retirement! Honestly, the best Red Velvet recipe I've ever tasted plus the cake was decorated beautifully. This was just the topper for my military culmination. Thanks again.
    Tonya

Sent on 02/11/2015
  • User4776349 · event on 09/19/2014

Absolute pleasure to work with and I cannot quantify the number of compliments her cake received at my husband's retirement party. Highest recommendation!

BILL · Married on 09/07/2014

My son was getting married in Va Beach and we weren't familiar with any professional cake designers in the area, so we found Liza online and took a chance without knowing much about her work. We completed the entire transaction online and over the phone without any problems. We were absolutely pleased with her service, professionalism, and design and quality of the cake. Everyone at the wedding was very impressed and loved the cake. I would highly recommend Liza and would definitly use her again.

Michelle · event on 08/30/2014

If you have high standards, this is who you want. She responds quickly, needs little direction, and puts 100% detail in all her work. The cake she made for my husband's promotion was the most beautiful cake I have ever seen. The American flag was so detailed, she put in 'stitches' on the seams and stars. The flag had a tint to it to create a shadow so that it appeared to be bent. No detail was left out. When our party guests arrived, the first thing that was noticed was th cake (even when I had a full cater in the kitchen cooking), for the first hour the cake was the center of attention and 'in awe'. We began to cut the cake and I started to worry if the taste would even come close to the decorative side....but damn! If you're looking for the highest standard and best business ethic, then you have found it. 100% recommendation.

• User4773002 · event on 08/08/2014

Liza made the cake for my retirement celebration. The cake was fantastic in presentation and outstanding in taste. I recommend Liza for every need.

• User4774213 · event on 06/14/2014

The cake was BEAUTIFUL! Every detail I asked for was done to perfection.

Mercy · event on 09/27/2013

Liza made a cake for my husband's commissioning, The cake was AWESOME. Great attention to detail, I will definitely be going to her for all my events.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Glorietta · Married on 09/14/2013

Liza created another beautiful and delicious cake for my son's wedding. She surpassed our expectations once again. All the guests were impressed with the cake. Liza can really make cakes beyond your imagination for any occasion.

Sent on 10/24/2013

Aaron · event on 08/05/2013

The birthday cake I ordered and received was perfect! Cakes by Liza was able to fulfill the order on a two weeks notice. The cake was absolutely amazing and everyone that attended the birthday party was in awe of the cake. Thank you for making the night a success! I will recommend cakes by Liza to all my friends in the future.

Sent on 08/10/2013

Jennifer · event on 08/04/2013

Liza is top of the line in the cake business! This was my first experience with CakesbyLiza. After finding her by google search in my area, she responded quickly. I forwarded 4 pictures of cakes I liked, we discussed a design, and flavor options. She even delivered the cake when she was required to change the pick up time. The entire experience was a 10!! And...THE CAKE WAS AMAZINGLY CUTE! Minnie mouse, raised flowers and butterflies, polk-a-dots, pink purple, green, and all just PERFECT! Two layer fondant cakes are a "special investment" and I'd say we got our moneys worth. Thank you Liza! We'll be back!

Sent on 08/10/2013

Debbie · Married on 07/27/2013

We loved our wedding cake! Liza went above and beyond to make our cake gorgeous and exactly what we wanted! Thanks Liza!

Sent on 08/09/2013

Adam · event on 06/23/2013

Excellent cake for a Navy retirement. Very professional and easy to work with. Cake was very moist and decorated with extreme attention to detail and clean presentation. Would highly recommend and use again for special occasions for a cake!!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Edith · event on 05/31/2013

Great presentation. Decorations were very intricate and details of the design was well done.

Sent on 06/11/2013

Tito · event on 05/31/2013

Extremely satisfied with Liza's service and product! The cake was awesome and quality was outstanding. Liza was very accomodating and delivered as promised. Thank you!
    R, CAPT Tito Arandela (Ret)

Sent on 06/02/2013