Cakes by Liza, LLC Reviews

Cakes by Liza, LLC 1
Cakes by Liza, LLC 2
Cakes by Liza, LLC 3

Anna · Married on 09/21/2018

Our wedding cake was absolutely amazing! We asked Liza for a simple, but elegant cake with a picture for inspiration. She surpassed our expectations and the cake was even better than we imagined.

We got a 3 tier cake with the bottom tier being a hexagon shape. We wanted a marble look to it, but we also wanted gold incorporated into it. The flavor we went with was a Pistachio and Chocolate Ganache. It tasted as good as it looked too!

Liza delivered the cake herself to the venue. She arrived early, set up the cake, and decorated it with the greenery to match our theme. She also ended up providing a gorgeous gold cake stand to match.

We're very pleased with the cake and the service!

Cakes by Liza, LLC 4

Nina · Married on 08/04/2018

I am SO glad that she made our wedding cake! It was truly the best cake I have EVER tasted. She listened to what I wanted and went way above and beyond my expectations. Our guests would not stop raving about how delicious and perfect the cake was. I asked her to make me a naked style wedding cake with a marbled inside of chocolate and vanilla. It wasn't too sweet, it was beautifully decorated, and the flavors inside were absolutely delicious (the chocolate ganache inside that cake was spectacular). I'm glad we took the topper so that I can have a delicious snack whenever the craving hits (which is pretty often!). She is incredibly talented and passionate about her cakes, and it really shows. I seriously can't thank her enough - Thank you again, Liza, for helping to make my wedding so much sweeter! I will always remember how much I enjoyed the cake on my wedding day <3

Sent on 08/14/2018

Cakes by Liza, LLC's reply:

You have made my job so easy. Thank you for the opportunity of working with you! So honored to be part of your special day and I’m glad you both loved it and your guests enjoyed it. Thank you again!

christy · Married on 07/04/2018

Liza was amazing. The cake was the most beautiful cake. All of my guest were impressed. Liza was also very helpful to my mother ! We are so grateful! Thank you Liza!! ❤️

Sent on 07/12/2018

Thank you Christy!

Michelle · Married on 05/15/2017

Our wedding cake was beautiful and everything we hoped for!! We had the almond cake with raspberry filling and the red velvet cake on alternating tiers. IT WAS DELICIOUS and had our guests wanting more. And even after a year, on our anniversary, cutting into our top tier per tradition, was still in perfect condition. Thank you, Cakes by Liza!!

Sent on 05/30/2018
    Cakes by Liza, LLC 5
    Cakes by Liza, LLC 6

Cakes by Liza, LLC's reply:

Thank you Adrian and Michele! Wishing you more anniversaries to come.

Lois · Married on 04/02/2017

Great taste, design, and yummy!

Kristina Lynn · Married on 09/02/2016

Liza was awesome! All the little details that my husband and I asked for were amazing! The lacey details that she added from my dress to the cake was flawless! I even asked for a lego/starwars groom cake and she did a great job with it! (My husband is kinda a nerd) I was nervous it was going to look too "kiddy" at first but she still made it look classy. She maintained communications the whole time during planning and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 02/07/2017

Cakes by Liza, LLC's reply:

Thank you Kristina! It was a pleasure working with you.

Bonnie · Married on 05/07/2016

Liza made my dream wedding cake! All my guests not only loved how beautiful and unique it was, but it was delicious! Thank you Aliza for making our day even more special. You are an amazing artist!

Tina · Married on 02/07/2015

Liza was a delight. So accommodating, creative and professional.
    Everyone just raved over her display and delicious cakes. On the most special day, my daughter's wedding, Liza prepared everything with such care and precision. We couldn't have been happier!

Holly · Married on 11/15/2014

Liza's work is FABULOUS! Since I had no idea what I really wanted for my wedding cake, I gave her the reins, and her creativity ran away with it. The final product was GORGEOUS and was a perfect centerpiece to our lovebird-themed wedding. The intricate details on the cake were perfect and elegant, while the handmade bird's nest as our topper and flowers were the best reflection of our personalities. She also had so many flavors to choose from that every guest was able to have a little bit of everything. We had chocolate, lemon, butter rum, and mocha chiffon. Everyone gave our cake so many compliments with regard to design, flavor, moistness, everything! We couldn't have been happier with the work she did and would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone. Can't wait to take another bite in a year!

BILL · Married on 09/07/2014

My son was getting married in Va Beach and we weren't familiar with any professional cake designers in the area, so we found Liza online and took a chance without knowing much about her work. We completed the entire transaction online and over the phone without any problems. We were absolutely pleased with her service, professionalism, and design and quality of the cake. Everyone at the wedding was very impressed and loved the cake. I would highly recommend Liza and would definitly use her again.

Glorietta · Married on 09/14/2013

Liza created another beautiful and delicious cake for my son's wedding. She surpassed our expectations once again. All the guests were impressed with the cake. Liza can really make cakes beyond your imagination for any occasion.

Debbie · Married on 07/27/2013

We loved our wedding cake! Liza went above and beyond to make our cake gorgeous and exactly what we wanted! Thanks Liza!

Vanessa · Married on 07/14/2012

First of all, I would like to say that Liza did an AMAZING job with both my butterfly themed wedding cake and red velvet cake pops.

Our cake tasting was so much fun. We loved each cake we tasted and it was so hard to pick just one flavor! I went to several cake stores, but Liza was the only one who took the time to sit down and get to know my husband and I. She made sure that she understood our vision, so that she could recreate exactly what we wanted for our special day. My husband and I really appreciated the time she took to plan each detail with us.

When I first saw my cake, all I could think was, "Wow." She exceeded our expectations and created a beautiful and elegant cake. There was something magical about the cake, and many of our guests gave us compliments on how beautiful it was and how good it tasted. Even my husband, a big dessert critic, absolutely loved the cake! Her cake pops were also a fun and delicious addition to our wedding cake! I already have people asking me where they can order them.

I will definitely be using Liza again in the future!! She is a true artist and a pleasure to work with. Liza's cakes are the best in town!!

~Vanessa

Lizzette · Married on 09/18/2011

We were planning our vows renewal and I had a hard time finding a cake confectioner that would return my calls. Fortunately, I found Lisa who not only provided excellent service but guidance to help me decide on my cake design. My cake turned out beautiful and the taste was awesome, we loved it. I recommend her business to anyone looking for professionalism and great taste!

Melanie · Married on 05/21/2011

Our cake was even more beautiful than we envisioned! Liza understood the kind of look we were going for and made a creation very detail oriented. But a cake looks only as good as it tastes. The white almond cake was very moist and soft. The raspberry filling and butter cream balanced the flavors evenly without being too sweet and rich. The flavor overall was wonderful! We're so happy to have worked with Liza, as she has made our wedding cake truly memorable!

Michael · Married on 05/13/2011

We were so pleased with the cake that Liza made for us. She took aspects of our lives that I didn't even know she knew about and incorporated them into the cake. For example, on top of our cake was 2 beach chairs. This was perfect since our wedding was a beach wedding. In one chair was a navy sailor's hat (known as a cover), which was a tribute to my wife who serves in the U.S. Navy. In the other chair was a pair of drumsticks which was a tribute to my second love....drumming. The presentation was immaculate and the cake was absolutely delicious, with 3 different layers of different flavors. I was so impressed with Liza and her cake and I would highly recommend her for anyone's wedding. Thank you again Liza.

Marilyn · Married on 05/13/2011

I like watching Amazing Wedding Cake on tv and I think Liza should be on that show. Her cakes are amazing and surreal that I wouldn't even like to cut my cake when she made one for my wedding!

Kenyana · Married on 10/02/2010

The cake Liza provided was absolutely awesome. Not only did the design compliment EVERY aspect of our wedding, but the taste was exquisite. Thank you Liza for adding that special touch to compliment our wedding day. Our guests are still talking about the cake!

Theresa · Married on 07/10/2010

Liza did a beautiful job on our wedding cake and was very easy to work with, not to mention we received several comments on how delicious the cake was. I highly recommend her!

Jose · Married on 02/14/2009

It was a beautiful cake, and most importantly it was delicious. I would recommend her to any of my friends and relatives.

Tina · Married on 09/22/2008

Liza is a great cake designer and the detail in her work shows that. I not only utilize Cakes by Liza for my reception, but have been utilizing her services for the past six years for holidays and birthdays. I applaud Liza for the professionalism, artistic views, and overall quality of the cake(s) she has made for me. I would highly recommend her for any occassion. KaTina from Virginia Beach, VA

Holly · Married on 09/23/2006

Our cake was both beautiful and absolutely delicious! I would recommend Liza to anyone for a wedding cake. She was very helpful and was able to make the cake exactly how I had envisioned it.

amalia · Married on 02/14/1980

The simple the cake the better.

Edith · event on: 05/31/2013

Great presentation. Decorations were very intricate and details of the design was well done.

• User2654203 · event on: 09/12/2012