Cakes by Happy Eatery Reviews

Cakes by Happy Eatery 5
Cakes by Happy Eatery 6
Cakes by Happy Eatery 7

sarah · Married on 04/21/2012

We used the Manassas location for our cakes. Instead of one large wedding cake, we wanted a couple of different kinds of regular sized cakes. We didn't go for an official tasting -- we simply bought a few different cupcakes and slices of cake from their store. We decided on 4 different flavors: cookies and cream, lemon, red velvet, and peanut butter. We picked up the cakes the morning of the wedding and they were decorated very simply but elegantly -- exactly as we wanted. We barely got to taste the cake but I know the peanut butter got rave reviews and the cookies and cream was deliciously moist. Definitely a success!

Sent on 05/21/2012

Gary · Married on 01/27/2012

Happy Eatery provided a fantastic cake. I'm not usually a fan of wedding cake, normally too formal tasting for me. But this one... so yummy. Our guests loved it too. We had a 3 tier round cake. Vanilla cake with raspberry mouse on top and bottom, chocolate cake with vanilla cream on the middle layer.

And as a very nice feature, most couples have to keep and freeze the top layer for their anniversary. But Happy Eatery actually bakes you a fresh top layer on your one year anniversary for you, so you don't need to worry about storing the top from your wedding day. We thought this was an awesome bonus.

They were so nice, they can build a cake that fits any couple, and it tasted great. Not sure you could ask for much more.

Sent on 01/30/2012
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 08/07/2011

Received quite a few compliments on the cake. would use them again

Sent on 08/24/2011

Nancy · Married on 07/23/2011

Victoria was fantastic to work with! Our cake look so incredibly beautiful....she absolutely nailed the exact design I had in my head! The only reason I didn't give a 5 in value was because the bottom layer of our four-tiered cake wasn't as spongy and light as I had hoped. We ordered chocolate cake, and maybe due to the weight of the rest of the cake had a thicker consistency than we had expected. Otherwise, an absolute pleasure to work with!

Sent on 08/05/2011
  • MONICA

MONICA · Married on 07/17/2011

We got our wedding cake from Cakes by Happy Eatery and we were happy with it. Our cake was made up of a non-dairy top tier and three additional tiers of a variety of cupcakes. The decorations were nice and the set-up was quick and on time. All the guests loved the red velvet, but very few wanted to finish the tasteless vanilla cupcakes. I had to put a deposit down on the cupcake stand but it was returned to me in a reasonable time. I was a little surprised at the price because it was a little high and did not include the cake-topper, colored sash/ribbons, or the flowers used to decorate the cake tiers. Overall, service was great and cake a nice.

Sent on 07/29/2011

Catherine · Married on 06/18/2011

Very professional. The taste was amazing! Communication gate was always open. It turned out just as I imagined. the price was a little higher than I expected, but it was worth it.

Sent on 07/05/2011

Gina · Married on 10/02/2010

Victoria did a wonderful job on my cake. The taste and presentation were excellent. She also did the cake for my bridal shower which was creative, beautiful tasty, and a conversation piece!

Sent on 03/29/2011

shannon · Married on 09/04/2010

Wonderful, we were on a tight budget, but they came through. We put our own flowers on and had the most amazing huge cakes for a small price. Sooo good!

Sent on 09/12/2010
  • U

Jen · Married on 04/10/2010

Victoria and her staff were absolutely wonderful for our wedding. The cake was exactly as we had envisioned it and they went above and beyond for the look of the cake. Their buttercream icing is to die for and we are so excited that they opened a bakery right near our home :)

Sent on 04/19/2010

Amanda · Married on 10/03/2009

They were great to work with. We wanted a football logo on the grooms cake and they were very flexible about doing it. They also confirmed the colored ribbon I wanted and am glad they did. It was written wrong on the order but they sent me samples via email so I could see the different colors and make the right choices. The cakes were eaten by all our guests!!

Sent on 10/13/2009

Michelle · Married on 09/26/2009

We loved our wedding cake and we received many compliments on how great it was during the reception. Victoria is fantastic to work with, but they are a bit on the pricey side. However, you ultimately get what you pay for - a delicious cake. I highly recommend Cakes by Happy Eatery for all your special events.

Sent on 11/11/2009

Milasy · Married on 09/12/2009

We chose Cakes by Happy Eatery because we loved how the cakes tasted over others that we sample during a Bridal Showcase at the Dulles Expo. Although others vendor's cakes looked better, Victoria's cakes were very moist and yummy and that was most important to us. We were very happy with the cakes we received and Victoria was great to work with!

Sent on 06/02/2010

Amy · Married on 10/05/2008

Our wedding meant cupcakes, 110 of them. And one-third had to be vegan! Plus we had a groom's cake in the form of an LP record. Victoria of Cakes by Happy Eatery did a great job designing, baking and setting everything up. The vegan cupcakes even disappeared first! Great service and delicious cakes. Even though she's a bit on the pricey side, you ultimately get what you pay for. I highly recommend Cakes by Happy Eatery for all your special events.

Sent on 10/09/2008

Brittany · Married on 05/25/2008

Happy Eatery was wonderful about giving us options and letting us customize our cake. They even made a small layer for our gluten-free guests. On our one year anniversary, they have promised to give us a free top layer, so that we will not have to save any. Their presentation was beautiful and the cake tasted excellent and was very moist.

Sent on 07/01/2008

Stephanie · Married on 08/04/2007

Cakes by Happy Eatery was wonderful. I had been searching for a bakery for my wedding cake and they were all very over-priced. I needed something close by in order to decide on the flavor and also something to fit into my budget. My fiance and I were paying for the entire wedding by ourselves, so we had to budget. I actually asked my florist if she knew of anyone she could recommend and she gave me Cakes by Happy Eatery. I called and looked at their website. I was pleasantly surprised that they were just down the street from me. I made an appointment and my fiance and I went in and they gave us samples and we picked the cake within an hour. We were so pleased with the icing and cake. The main thing that sold us is that you don't have to save the top of your wedding cake for your 1 year anniversary - they will give you one for free!! I highly recommend this bakery.

Sent on 10/22/2007

Sogol · Married on 06/09/2007

Victoria of Cakes by Happy Eatery was excellent. I wanted something simple but elegant and they did just that. We had a 3 tier cake with fruit inside - the guest loved.

Sent on 08/27/2008

Abigail · Married on 04/06/2007

This is my neighborhood bakery. I go there all the time to get my dessert fix. So when I got engaged, I knew who I was getting my cake from. Many times, I see someone else's wedding cake enroute to their reception. When I saw my wedding cake, I was so thrilled. Not only was my wedding cake elegantly presented, the taste was awesome. My family and friends ate through all the tiramisu and the strawberry shortcake - some were asking for their third pieces! Thank goodness the bakery gives us a complimentary cake on our first anniversary.

Sent on 04/19/2007

Kasin · Married on 10/01/2005

Sent on 01/25/2007

Julie · Married on 09/29/2012

Our cake was delivered to our wedding site on time, and it was exactly what we talked about 6 months earlier. We had so many family members and friends come up to us and say it was the best cake they ever had at a wedding. We highly recommend their red velvet if you like that kind. It was delish, and I'm not even a huge cake fan :)

Sent on 10/05/2012

Sarah · Married on 10/10/2010

Our wedding cake was fabulous! I felt a little constrained with some artistic wants that we had that turned out beautiful but a little different than anticipated - but the cake was amazing and DELICIOUS!

Sent on 11/01/2010

Rebecca · Married on 05/20/2017

My husband and I found Cakes by Happy Eatery when we went to a bridal open house in Faquier County. We were pleasantly surprised when we saw that they had a vegan chocolate cupcake offered as one of their selections for tasting. I am vegan and my husband isn't, but we wanted a completely vegan cake so it needed to be really good in order for him to be happy too. Victoria's cake was amazing! I loved it of course and my husband was very pleased as well. We went for a tasting shortly after that to see what our options would be. We were a little sad that Victoria didn't recognize us at first, but that is to be expected as they probably have a lot of clients. They offered us two different vegan cakes and a multitude of frostings and fillings. Ultimately we decided to go with a chocolate cake with raspberry mousse filling and chocolate buttercream frosting, all vegan of course. There was some difficulty with trying to communicate how we wanted the cake to look. I wanted lavender sugar flowers for decoration and Victoria interpreted that as flowers that were lavender colored. Easy enough miscommunication to happen! All in all, we were very pleased with our decision to go with Cakes by Happy Eatery. Our guests loved our cake and we did too! We would definitely go with them if we ever have need for a cake again.

Sent on 05/29/2017

Jillian · Married on 03/21/2015

We ordered our wedding cake (cupcakes) and the rehearsal dinner cake from Cakes by Happy Eatery and they were both fantastic! Our rehearsal dinner cake was in the shape of a military hat and Victoria did a fantastic job creating all the details and colors of the hat. And the cake was delicious! I event had a few guests come to my room the following day looking for pieces of leftover cake from the rehearsal dinner.

We decided to do cupcakes for our wedding cakes in three different flavors with different icing options: red velvet, chocolate, and vanilla. All of the cakes were absolutely delicious and the icing was even better! Our guests LOVED the cupcakes. Highly recommended!

Sent on 04/24/2015

Cakes by Happy Eatery's reply:

Thank you for your feedback. We are always learning something new at the bakery - hats and their plumes! You turned the bakery into a fashion house for one afternoon. You chose excellent venues in both Tony & Joes and Le Meridien for your guests to dine and to show off DC. Congratulations the new Mr. and Mrs. and I hope to see you at the bakery again soon. Take care - Victoria - 04/24/15

Great business to work with. Will definitely use them again!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Sherri · Married on 09/20/2014

Would definitely recommend Cakes by Happy Eatery! The cake was delicious and exactly as we had tried it at the shop. The delivery and set up were on time and beautiful! They let us provide our own ribbon for the cake b/c we didn't like the color that they had. We delivered the ribbon a week or so before and everything was great! They even called us two days before the wedding to confirm everything!!

Sent on 10/10/2014

Cakes by Happy Eatery's reply:

Congratulations to the new couple. Thank you for the feedback. Your navy blue and silver ribbons were perfect and matched your wedding colors. I am glad you appreciated the confirmation call. It minimizes any sleepless nights leading to a very important celebration. I hope to see you at the bakery soon. Call us as your approach your first anniversary to receive your complimentary anniversary cake.

Gretchen · Married on 04/13/2013

The wedding cake from Happy Eatery was delicious and light. The whipped cream frosting decoration was crafted splendidly and exactly as described. Victoria was very professional and helpful. The cake arrived at the reception perfectly! The only problem I had is when I would call in to the shop and be on the phone for 5-10 mins with employee who didn't know what I was asking about. Eventually, she would pass me to the wedding consult. They didn't have any problem answering me. I just didn't understand why the other lady would keep me on the phone and not pass me to another employee.

Sent on 05/22/2013