Cakes by Happy Eatery Reviews

165 | Manassas, VA

165 Reviews for Cakes by Happy Eatery

Melanie P · Married on 10/12/2019

Great wedding cupcakes

We used Cakes by Happy Eatery for our wedding and the cupcakes were such a hit. We heard from so many people after the wedding asking where we ordered the wonderful cupcakes. In addition to six different kinds of cupcakes, we also did four versions of bite size desserts. Victoria did a beautiful job with the display, and we’ve never seen desserts disappear so fast! We made so many special requests for the tasting, and Victoria was so patient and worked closely with us to make sure everything was exactly what we were looking for. Although all of the cupcakes and desserts were delicious, the vanilla cupcake with raspberry filling and lemon icing seemed to be a crowd favorite. The proportion of cake to filling and icing was absolutely perfect, and we would definitely recommend to anyone looking for those perfect cupcakes on their special day. We are counting down the days until we get to go back and pick up our complimentary cupcakes for our first anniversary.

Sent on 11/20/2019

Cakes by Happy Eatery's reply:

Hello. Thank you for your comments. The dessert display and your menu selections were stunning. The lemon raspberry is always a crowd-pleaser. When you get your photos, please share them. It was a pleasure working with the both of you and I hope you visit the bakery again soon. Take care. Victoria
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 10/10/2019

Hired for 10-10-19 Wedding

Victoria was absolutely AMAZING! From the moment we met with her we didn’t even hesitate moving forward. We just had to look at our budget first but she COMPLETELY delivered. We couldn’t decide on 1 flavor for our cake so Victoria let us have all 3 flavors (1 for each tier). She made the cake so beautiful to our expectations and tasteful! Our guests are still complimenting us on the cake! Some guests had multiple slices to taste each flavor! We are so happy we chose Cakes By Happy Eatery! I’m grateful they’re around the corner from my job so I can enjoy a tasty treat every now and then! The best part we get an anniversary cake so we don’t have to do the freeze our cake in the freezer for a year thing!! So blessed to have chosen Victoria!

Sent on 11/05/2019

Cakes by Happy Eatery's reply:

Hello. Thank you for sharing your cake photos. I am so glad you enjoyed the cake. Your cake stand accentuated the overall look of the cake at Harbour View. Come by the bakery anytime, do not wait a year! Take care and see you soon. Victoria

Jackie Le Grand · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing cake!

Our guests and us loved our wedding cake! It was an amazing sponge, not too sweet. The filling and frosting were excellent and light! We heard tons of compliments from our guests as well. It was beautiful, with even buttercream on all sides and well arranged flowers on top.

Sent on 09/25/2019

Cakes by Happy Eatery's reply:

Hello. I hope you are enjoying your honeymoon! You had fabulous weather at Sequoia and the atmosphere was just fun. Your overall design and look for the wedding was gorgeous. It was a pleasure working with you and your husband. I hope to see you again soon. Your complimentary top tier awaits you on your first anniversary. Take care - Victoria 9/25/19

Erica · Married on 11/03/2018

Best cake ever!

Victoria at Cakes by Happy Eatery made our wedding cake just as we wanted it. It was amazing. Moist and delicious. Everyone enjoyed it and wanted more. The vanilla cake with raspberry mouse was awesome so was the devils food with Chantilly creme. I'm not sure which one I enjoyed more.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Cakes by Happy Eatery's reply:

Hello. I hope you are enjoying some relaxing time after this weekend's wedding. The weather was just perfect for a fall wedding. You chose a really beautiful pink blossom themed cake. Take care and I hope to see you again soon. Take care - Victoria 11/7/18
  • StrawberryTouchdown

Jordan · Married on 10/28/2018

Perfect Vendor for the Idea we wanted

We had a themed wedding and Victoria totally delivered! From the first meeting, she was open to our ideas, answered our questions was so excited to make our cake! The cake was delicious and everyone loved it! There was hardly any cake for my husband and me to take home! I did pay more than what I thought I would, BUT They are totally worth every penny! Our cake was definitely one of the highlights.

Sent on 12/28/2018

Cakes by Happy Eatery's reply:

Hello. I hope you are having wonderful holiday season. Your cake was a lot of fun to create and definitely the heaviest one of the year. Everything worked together - your concept, Ryan's art and trinkets, to the manually turning carousel - no lazy susan wheelies! Thank you for selecting Cakes by Happy Eatery and including us in your special day. Take care - Victoria 12/29/18

Julia · Married on 09/02/2018

WOW - Victoria was amazing. We chose her for both our rehearsal dinner cake and wedding cake. She is organized to a T and will make everything hassle-free. It is very easy for her to translate your vision into a direct quote and experience. I called her once to check in and she had all of our details available in seconds. The cake was really delicious - guests raved about it - and it was presented beautifully. On wedding day, it was like Victoria was a magician - she knew exactly where to go, how to set up, and to find our custom topper quickly and without a problem. Thank you!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Cakes by Happy Eatery's reply:

Hello to the new husband and wife! Thank you for sharing your wedding cake photos. The gold sequin cake with your adorable cake topper is striking. When we run our next series of wedding cake publications, I will feature your cake. Take care - Victoria 11/7/18
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/01/2018

Best cake I didn't have the chance to eat!! Victoria was so accommodating to us. She provided some extra mini deserts and a cake that our guests LOVED. Unfortunately we'll have to wait till our 1 year to try it, but I can't wait. The cake was so light, fluffy and just sweet enough. It came out beautifully and I'll have to update with a picture of it because the decoration on it was just beautiful. Thank you Victoria!!! We'll definitely be coming back for more!!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Cakes by Happy Eatery's reply:

Hello. Do not wait a year for our dessert, come by any time! Your wedding décor was beautiful, especially against the lush greenery setting at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens. The miniature pastries are always a hit and so easy to consume (a lot). Take care - Victoria 11/7/18

LeeEllen · Married on 09/01/2018

The attention to detail in the wedding cake we received from Cakes by Happy Eatery was amazing. By day and by night!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Steph · Married on 06/30/2018

Cakes By Happy Eatery did a phenomenal job on our wedding cake! It was easy to set up a tasting, share our vision for our cake, and the bakery did the rest. They were very responsive by e-mail and phone, and gave me a courtesy confirmation phone call a few days before the wedding to confirm all the details. They delivered the cake on time and it looked beautiful, and tasted delicious! We even went back and ordered cupcakes for my mom's birthday and loved those too, this is a wonderful bakery. Very professional, creative, and experienced with wedding desserts. They will not disappoint!

Sent on 08/27/2018

Victoria · Married on 11/11/2017

Thank you thank you thank you! My husband and I are not cake people... at all... We were facing the dilemma as to what to do for our wedding cake. We had no idea whether we were going to want cupcakes or cookies or what. We sat down with one of the consultants there and were SOLD... on CAKE. Who knew? We told her all the sweet things we loved and why. That was enough for her to come up with a fantastic creation... vanilla cake with dark chocolate ganache, bavarian cream, and fresh strawberries in the middle. AMAZING! It was such a stress-free situation, it made our lives all the less hectic.

Sent on 06/25/2011

Samantha · Married on 10/07/2017

We hired Cakes by Happy Eatery to provide the dessert for our wedding. This included a small one tier cutting cake and multiple mini desserts (e.g. cheesecakes, cannolis, pies, cake pops). We decided to go with them after meeting at the bakery and trying their cakes and desserts. They were incredible responsive and helpful throughout the planning process. We chose the dulce de leche cake, which was fantastic! By the end of the night, nearly all of the mini desserts were gone, and our guests complimented us on how good they all were, cake pops especially! The desserts were delivered to the wedding venue on time and nicely displayed for guests. We highly recommend Cakes by Happy Eatery!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Cakes by Happy Eatery's reply:

Congratulations to the happy couple. Samantha - you looked gorgeous in your wedding dress. The entire setup and style of the wedding were nicely presented and shined on such a beautiful fall day. I am glad everyone enjoyed the dessert. If you need more cake pops, come by the bakery - an entire tray awaits you! Take care - Victoria - 11/14/17

Chelsea · Married on 09/09/2017

We were SO very happy with Cakes by Happy Eatery!!! From the first moment we arrived, til our wedding day, Victoria took such great care of us!! The cake was gorgeous, but more importantly, it was delicious!!!!!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Cakes by Happy Eatery's reply:

Hello. I am so happy your wedding day went beautifully and thank you for letting us be part of your special day. When you have a chance, please share some of your wedding cake photos with us. We are getting to ready to feature some more photos in the different wedding magazines. Take care - Victoria@CakesbyHappyEatery.com 11/15/17

Sandra · Married on 06/29/2017

We chose Happy Eatery due to their tasty cupcakes, knowledge and experience with our venue, and the sheer variety of cupcakes. We didn't want cupcakes that were too sweet and these were just perfect! The tasting with Victoria was really nice and really helped narrow down the flavors I wanted. She was really flexible on how many flavors I wanted and how many dozens. The set up of the cupcakes were just beautiful and my guests really loved the cupcakes too! I would definitely recommend! Just know that they don't have complimentary boxes for guests to take cupcakes home (pay $1 each or just buy your own from like A.C.Moore).

Sent on 07/03/2017

Rebecca · Married on 05/27/2017

My husband and I came to Victoria with a "Marriage is compromise" cake idea, which included half a traditional cake side and the other half having Harry Potter, Batman, and Star Wars themes. The themed side had to be done in fondant, which I do not generally like, but Victoria assured me that the fondant on her cakes was good. Victoria was completely right! We avoided fondant where we could because I liked the buttercream icing best during tastings, but all parts of the cake were delicious. My maid of honor got my bridal shower cake from here also and its seriously the best cake I've ever ate. Victoria took our design ideas and ran with them and the cake turned out beautiful and delicious. Victoria was easy to work with and adjusted the size of our cake a couple weeks before the wedding. Another great part is that we did not save the top tier to freeze--Victoria's bakery will make you a complementary top tier for your first anniversary and I am sooo excited for our first anniversary to get some more of this delicious cake!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Cakes by Happy Eatery's reply:

Rebecca and Matt - It was wonderful working with the two of you. Your iconic his, her, and their cake is now a large 36" x 24" canvas hanging at the bakery. Thank you for letting us share in your playful wedding cake inspiration. Come by the bakery any time. Don't wait a year. Take care - Victoria 6/19/17

Ami · Married on 03/18/2017

For our wedding, we wanted a variety of cakes and pastries instead of a traditional wedding cake. We contacted several bakeries that said we couldn’t have a tasting since we weren’t getting a traditional cake. Luckily, Victoria was happy to meet with us and provide a tasting. We were able to try different frostings/cake combinations, all of which were tasty. We worked with her to figure out our final selection of cakes (including chocolate, cheesecake, carrot, and vanilla) and mini cannoli, and black and white cookies. Victoria also suggested how many cakes and slices to order per guest and explained the day-of set-up.

Throughout our communication, Victoria was prompt in answering our questions. On our wedding day, the desserts were delivered-on time and looked great. The cakes were pre-cut, which made it extremely easy for everyone. According to our guests, everything tasted amazing, with particular praise for the carrot cake! Unfortunately, we were so busy talking to guests and dancing we didn’t get a chance to enjoy much of the cakes. But, when we returned the cake stands after the wedding, Victoria gave us some complimentary desserts to enjoy (of course, we loved her for this!).

Everything worked out really well and we wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Victoria and her team.

Sent on 04/14/2017

Cakes by Happy Eatery's reply:

Hello. Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed everything. Many wedding couples are so busy with their family and friends, they forget to enjoy their own dessert table. Anytime you need a sweets fix, come by the bakery. If you need anything for Easter - we are open on Easter Sunday. Take care - Victoria 4/15/17

Elizabeth · Married on 11/12/2016

I loved working Victoria! I used to work with her when I was a Catering Sales Manager and she has always been really responsive and amazing to work with. She was super helpful when deciding our wedding cake and even through in some things in us complimentary for us. She took my vision of my dream wedding cake and made it happen so I was super pleased with it! Our guests thought the cake was delicious and beautiful! Thank you so much Victoria for all your help!!

Sent on 02/07/2017

Cakes by Happy Eatery's reply:

Lizzy - So wonderful to hear from you. You have such an eye for design and your wedding overall looked gorgeous. Take care and I hope to see you Ryan again soon.

Carrie · Married on 09/10/2016

Victoria with Cakes by Happy was amazing!! It is so easy to get overwhelmed during this process, and we went on soooo many cake tastings! Of the many options, Cakes by Happy was one of the most expensive - however, I will say that we definitely ]received value for price paid; worth every penny! We felt there were many places out there who could design a beautiful cake but the cake itself was not enjoyable to eat - or others where the cake was delicious but they couldn't meet our design requests. Victoria did an amazing job accomplishing it all, so we did not have to sacrifice taste for style or vice versa. She made a beautiful fresh cake (the day of the wedding!) that tasted delicious!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Raymond · Married on 06/25/2016

fresh fruit in pasta !!! I recommend this place!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Tracie · Married on 06/09/2016

So I got married on June 3, 2016 and we chose this bakery for our wedding. We couldn't be happier that we did because we wanted a pie table really bad and a two tier cake and oh my goodness those pies and cake everyone raved about how tasty it was. They were delicious and the company was so pleasant to work with to make our vision come true. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a good cake or pies!

Sent on 06/24/2016

Cakes by Happy Eatery's reply:

Hello. Tracie - Thank you for your feedback. Your theme, design, and overall décor was perfect. The aroma of the still warm pies in the ballroom made the entire setup staff wanting to grab a fork! Take care and see you again soon. There will be more fall themed pies in our showcase starting August. Victoria - 06/24/16

Kristen · Married on 05/28/2016

My friend recommend them for me !! Thanks

Andrew · Married on 05/22/2016

Beautiful cake, Defiantly same what I thought and order !!

Ahna · Married on 05/21/2016

We order 3 level cake and it was looking good by the way there are fresh fruit inside !

Emily · Married on 05/20/2016

It was really delicious, I really recommend them for everyone !

Sent on 01/24/2018

Jennifer · Married on 05/15/2016

fresh fruit delicious cake I recommend them

Jessica · Married on 05/14/2016

Victoria and Cakes by Happy Eatery were great to work with. At the tasting, we were able to try many different flavor combinations, and Victoria suggested some great combinations. I and several of our guests are gluten free, and they were able to accommodate this by making the top tier gluten free and using small risers to separate the tiers. We thought that the design turned out great, and we received many compliments on the cake. They also provide a cake on your first anniversary, so no need to eat frost-bitten cake!

Sent on 05/30/2016