Cakes by Design Reviews

Cakes by Design 7
  • Paea Vakauta

Paea Vakauta · Getting married on 02/14/2020

Tabitha is amazing!

Our consultation with Tabitha was scheduled at 6:30PM but we were running behind schedule. We knew it was going to be a hit or miss if we told her our situation (being stuck in traffic) from Dallas. However, despite the circumstances, she was very patient & still waited for us to get there.

Her reviews / questions on our wedding cakes were straight forward & she answered all the questions we would’ve had, before we even thought of them! lol

We just paid our deposit & her pricing is one you can’t beat! We’re so excited!

Sent on 04/06/2019

Cakes by Design's reply:

Thanks so much! It was nice meeting you and your fiancé and I can’t wait to make your beautiful cakes! :)

Korah Conner · Married on 08/24/2019

Anthony & Korah 8/24/2019

Fantastic Baker. We got a three tier cake for our wedding and we literally had none left. All of our guests truly enjoyed our wedding cake.

Sent on 08/30/2019

Cakes by Design's reply:

Thanks for the review and I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Congratulations and thanks for letting me be a part of your beautiful day! ❤️
  • Jenna

Jenna Garms · Married on 08/03/2019

She did everything we wanted and more.

Our cake experience was the easiest thing to plan using Cakes By Design. She had so many flavors to choose from and the cake was delicious. We picked everything we wanted from her book of previously made cakes and the delivery was perfect. You definitely want to use Cakes by Design when choosing your cakes.

Sent on 08/24/2019
    Cakes by Design 11
    Cakes by Design 12

Cakes by Design's reply:

Thank you so much for the awesome review! Im so glad you enjoyed your cakes and it was an honor to be a part of your special day. Thanks for the pictures and congratulations! -Tabitha-
  • Chelsea

Erasmo Salinas Jr · Married on 07/04/2019

Our cupcakes were tasty!!

We had Mexican hot chocolate and strawberry shortcake cupcakes. They were so beautiful and tasted amazing.

Sent on 07/28/2019

Cakes by Design's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words. I’m so glad you enjoyed them! They were a blast to make. Congratulations! :)
  • Chan

Chan · Married on 06/21/2019

Cake was such a hit with our guests!

Tabitha is a true professional who has great customer service skills and is a wonderful baker! After providing her with sketches of what we wanted, she was able to bring our vision to life. She added flowers and greenery to the cake which really make it stand out from other wedding cakes we've seen in the past. We ordered a three tiered bridal cake in Champagne (with raspberry), red velvet and vanilla flavors. It was such a hit with our guests that we didn't have to worry about leftovers!

Sent on 06/28/2019
    Cakes by Design 13

Cakes by Design's reply:

Thanks so much for the awesome review! I loved making a unique cake like this. Thanks for letting me be a part of your special day! Congratulations!
  • Brianda

Brianda · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing!!!

Cakes by Design did an amazing job with our wedding cake! Cake tasted so good that we did not have any leftover! I told Tabitha I would have the cake topper and flowers at the table and to just surprise me on the decor. She did such a great job! I was super pleased and love it! Totally recommend her to everyone, plus her prices are great!!! :)

Sent on 06/18/2019
    Cakes by Design 14

Cakes by Design's reply:

Thanks so much for the awesome review! Im so glad you enjoyed your cake and thanks for letting me be a part of your special day! Congratulations! Tabitha
  • Ashley

Ashley Peoples · Married on 05/04/2019

Great taste and design

Tabitha had some of the most delicious cakes I've ever had! She made exactly what we wanted and our guests loved it. I honestly wished we ordered more cakes since the guests loved it so much, we ran out!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Cakes by Design's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for letting me be a part of your special day! Congratulations!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 03/15/2019

Beautiful and Delicious

Simply Delicious! Tabitha worked with us to create the perfect combination for our cake. It was a huge hit at the wedding, not to mention beautiful.

Sent on 05/20/2019
    Cakes by Design 15
    Cakes by Design 16

Cakes by Design's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for letting me be a part of your special day and congratulations. Tabitha

Lindsay · Married on 12/27/2018

Excellent cakes - good value

Beautiful looking and deliciously tasting cakes at a reasonable price. The groom's cake was all gone before the ceremony ended!!

Sent on 01/07/2019
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 11/29/2018

Wedding cake

Tabitha was great. She has great designs and flavors that you can customize to your liking. She is very flexible and will meet you at a coffee shop near you. Her prices are very good and her cake was absolutely delicious. Our wedding day went great in regards to cake because she delivered on time and we had no problems whatsoever. We recommend going with her if you want peace of mind. The process was literally stress free. All we had to so is choose the designs then pay and the cake came out beautifully and had great details. Thanks Tabitha for making our day great.
    Jonathan and Kayte Nov 29, 2018.

Sent on 12/27/2018

Cakes by Design's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words and for letting me be a part of your special day! I’m so glad you enjoyed everything. Thanks again and congratulations! Tabitha

Kate · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful and Delicious

Tabitha was fantastic! She had so many flavors and options and the design was exactly what we wanted! The cake turned out delicious and beautiful! Hire her and you wont regret it!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Cakes by Design's reply:

Thank you so much for the awesome review! I love hearing back from my brides. I’m so honored that I got to be a part of your special day. Thanks again, Tabitha

Briar · Married on 10/06/2018

Tasting was superb and price is incredible!

Sent on 04/08/2018

Marciano Pauda · Married on 09/29/2018

The Best Wedding Cake EVER!

Tabitha was such an amazing baker to work with. She was flexible helpful and truly wanted to give us exactly what she wanted. We had tried 6 other bakers and hers was BY FAR the best tasting and the best priced! What more could you want! She was fantastic would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/16/2018
    Cakes by Design 17
    Cakes by Design 18
    Cakes by Design 19
    Cakes by Design 20

Cheryl · Married on 08/04/2018

Cakes By Design was very responsive to our communications! The cakes were lovely; the groom's cake was adorable! Thank you!

Sent on 08/09/2018

Loren · Married on 07/21/2018

Tabitha is amazing to work with. She's responsive, and genuinely loves baking cakes. She is not trying to rip you off like most wedding vendors, but is just trying to deliver a quality product that you will love. The cake was so delicious too, and she even made my top tier gluten-free (and it was so delicious!). I HIGHLY recommend Cakes by Design!!

Sent on 07/23/2018
    Cakes by Design 21

michelle · Married on 07/12/2018

Her cake was beautiful a d delicious. I can not wait for the one year anniversary! She was sweet and kind each time we met! I would definitely recommend her service!

Sent on 07/27/2018

sandra · Married on 06/16/2018

If you are in the McKinney/Allen area I highly recommend. My sister said it tasted like my Granny made it which is a extremely great compliment!!

Sent on 06/19/2018
    Cakes by Design 22

Brianna · Married on 06/09/2018

She was awesome to work with, super nice and was able to make amazing vegan cupcakes for my wedding, it was so hard deciding what flavor to go with because she does so many great ones! She got there on time and set out the cupcakes beautifully, everyone loved them and no one even knew they were vegan!! Definitely will be making orders from her in the future!!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Mirey · Married on 06/02/2018

Loved the design and the taste of the cake. Not only that, she is so flexible and responds to your emails very promptly. Very trustworthy vendor for your big day!

Sent on 06/28/2018
    Cakes by Design 23

Jazmin · Married on 05/20/2018

Tabitha was so easy to work with! We booked her for our wedding cake and for a cookie dessert table. The cake was just as amazing as the tasting and the cookies were delicious! We got so many compliments!

Sent on 07/10/2018
    Cakes by Design 24

Theresa · Married on 05/19/2018

The entire process was a breeze.. everything came together. Ordered brides cake and groom's cake. They were beautiful and delicious.. we got so many compliments on the cakes. I highly recommend cakes by design ! Tabitha is awesome.

Sent on 06/14/2018

Justin · Married on 04/08/2018

Cakes by Design was beyond fantastic! Throughout the planning, designing, scheduling, and delivery they were very flexible, affordable, and professional. The cakes were such a success at the wedding that my wife and I were only able to bring a few slices home after the ceremony...it was that delicious!

Sent on 06/22/2018
    Cakes by Design 25
    Cakes by Design 26

Dixie · Married on 10/28/2017

Everyone loved Tabitha's cake at our wedding, it was gone fast! First of all, price is very reasonable. She's very responsive - no more than 24 hours to get back to you! Also very flexible in terms of schedule, she'll do her best to work around your schedule to meet with you, and since she's a home baker, meetings will be anywhere in between you and her. Very polite, helpful and have great suggestions. She was able to do the design I asked even though I changed it a couple times, it was still spot on! Since after the wedding, my friends and family have had events and had asked me where we got our wedding cake, and Tabitha is always on my top of recommendation list. Can't wait for future events!

Sent on 04/19/2018
    Cakes by Design 27
    Cakes by Design 28
    Cakes by Design 29

Christine · Married on 10/14/2017

My wedding cake was sooooo delicious!!!!! Best part was that it was vegan and no one knew until the next day. Everyone raved about how good it was. Tabitha was so professional and always prompt to reply back to any of my questions. She even baked my cupcakes for my bridal shower and they were so yummy too!!!!

Sent on 11/11/2017

Cakes by Design's reply:

Thanks so much for the amazing review and for letting me be apart of your special day! Congratulations!