Cakes By Design Edible Art LLC. Reviews

15 | North Andover, MA

15 Reviews for Cakes By Design Edible Art LLC.

Very efficient, knows her "stuff". She is also kind and personable and does a wonderful job with her cakes, she is very talented.

Sent on 05/16/2015

Sarah · Married on 07/03/2015

Lina Ochoa-Hunter is a pleasure to work with! She has done numerous cakes for my family over the years- each one more delicious and creative than the next, so when I was getting remarried I knew, just whom to turn to for our wedding cake. She did NOT disappoint. Our starfish themed cake was perfect for our boat wedding. She did cupcakes in three flavors to match. Every last piece was devoured by our guests!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Jessica · Married on 09/14/2014

My wedding cake was amazing. It was exactly what I wanted. I brought in a picture and she did it exactly as described. The cake itself was delicious and didn't last. I couldn't have asked for anything more and I was so happy. I would use them again and again and the price was the best around for such amazing quality work.

Sent on 10/10/2014

Natalie · Married on 02/01/2014

YUUUUUUM! We did cake pops for our wedding instead of your standard cake and Lina was a dream to work with. We did red velvet and dark chocolate pops covered in dark chocolate and sprayed platinum. She even was willing to tie bows around each one. Not only were they delicious but they looked adorable! Lina was very easy to work with and promptly responded to all of my calls and e-mails. The price was totally right and the cake pops were a huge hit!

Sent on 02/19/2014
  • Stefanie

Stefanie · Married on 12/31/2011

Cake was gorgeous!! Lina (the owner) is a pleasure to work with and makes it known that she cares about your wedding. Lina made us a four tier round cake and it exceeded my expectations. Everyone commented about how beautiful it was. It not only looked beautiful but it tasted so good!! Its so nice when guests at your wedding come up to you and tell you that you picked amazing people to help you with your big day.

Sent on 01/17/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 07/30/2011

This was the best tasting wedding cake I have ever had! It was moist and pure deliciousness. The service was fantastic. She had several check-ins with me to make sure that the cake was exactly what we wanted....and it was! It was better and more beautiful that I could have even imagined!

Sent on 08/16/2011

Gina · Married on 05/14/2010

WE LOVE THIS WOMAN!

Lina has provided 4 wedding cakes for my family in the past 6 months. Each one has been more delicious than the last. I am still getting phone calls from friends telling us how great our cake was. In November she provided us a very whimsical cake for a small intimate wedding. It was pristine and very yummy dark chocolate with vanilla buttercream.
    In December she wow'd us again with a three tiered white cake beauty. Her sugar roses were absolutely stunning. Not only were they beautiful but everything was 100% edible.
    In May she provided us with a three tiered white cake with raspberry filling and sugar star gazer lillies. She worked closely with us on the colors of the lillies to match the groom's cake. The groom's cake was a fabulous soccer jersey and the draping of the fondant looked just like real fabric. The groom was pleasantly surprised!

Her prices are incredibly reasonable. She worked with us in our budget to make sure that we had plenty of cake to go around(and left overs!) and still give us a masterpiece. Her work was consistent and breathtaking. We were very pleased that she managed to give us such consistent results because our guest lists overlapped at all three occassions.

Several of my girlfriends are recently engaged and clamoring to get Lina's number for cakes of their own. She was even sweet enough to get me a last minute engagement party cake for this weekend!

I will be contacting Lina for any and all special occassions in the future. Her friendly demeanor, professionalism, prompt responses and incredible product have put her at the top of my list! I'm looking forward to our cake this weekend already!

Sent on 06/07/2010

Sebastian · Married on 10/10/2009

Thank you so much for the beautiful wedding cake. It was stunning and unforgettable. You were a joy to work with and the end result was just as delicious as it was beautiful.

Sent on 10/12/2009

Ellen · Married on 05/19/2007

Lina Hunter created the most extraordinary fabulous cake for my daughter Rachel's Bat Mitzvah. Rachel's theme was a "Designer Extrordinaire", it was a tiered train suitcase style layer cake with mini designer style gift boxes for her 13 candles.............Everyone is still talking about how stunning and delicious the cake was.................I would reccommend Cakes by Design, Edible Art to all - showcasing your special occasion. Ellen Mosier, No Andover.

Sent on 07/20/2007

sak · Married on 10/03/2009

good

Sent on 10/06/2009

Dear Vaishali Singh,

The cake material is called fondant. I am sorry if you misunderstood. We tried to accomodate as much as we could for all your demands. We treated you respectfully and kindly, we delivered what you asked for on time all this added to a discount you demanded, and you still where not happy.

Di · Married on 08/08/2009

Cake/Cupcakes: Cakes By Design Edible Art in North Andover
    A beautiful cupcake tree topped by a white fondant covered cake. They were all decorated with beautiful gum paste posies. The frosting was so good - and everyone told us so. The cake was French vanilla. The cupcakes were huge hit. I ordered a grooms cake as a surprise -- it was a 3-D version of a Red Sox hat...chocolate ganache. Unbelievable and tasty. Lina Hunter, owner & baker, does extraordinary work, with great prices and the best taste. She did my shower cake too-- a three tiered whimsical pink and green dream! My MOH ordered it without me knowing. What a great surprise! Lina is starting to be really recognized so I think we caught her on the upswing of her success hence her prices were great. Check out her website for a glimpse but when you meet her, you'll be sold.

Sent on 08/26/2009

Cakes By Design Edible Art LLC.'s reply:

Thank You!!! It was a pleasure for me to make your cake!! I hope to see you again soon for all your future celebrations!!

Kellie · Married on 07/07/2012

Lina Hunter, the owner, was great to work with. We had a photo we wanted her to recreate, and it turned out BEAUTIFULLY. The cake was, unfortunately, a bit smaller than I had hoped, but that is just because we had a limited budget - I am sure they can create a larger, even more beautiful cake if you are willing to spend more. However, they were able to work with our small budget and the cake looks beautiful in photos (and tasted great too!) She also gave us red velvet cupcakes during our initial tasting, and they literally were the best I have ever had in my life. Thanks Lina!

Sent on 07/26/2012

Jennifer · Married on 08/02/2008

They did our Groom's Cake. The design was exactly what I wanted but came out even better than expected. The actual flavor of the cake was average.

Sent on 08/19/2008

Joe · Married on 05/22/2009

4.2
      3.5

Lina Hunter delivered an exceptional cake that was exactly what we wanted. She was easy to work with in developing a concept and provided a product and service of the highest value. We would definitely recommend.

Sent on 07/08/2009

Lauren · Married on 06/20/2009

0.0

Lina Hunter said she could create a cake for me from the multiple pictures I sent to her. The cake looked nothing like what we had planned and discussed. It was the only thing that went wrong on my wedding day. When expressing my dissatisfaction to her, she told me that I had to return the cake to her by 9am following my wedding day and she would refund 1/2 my money...give me a break??? I got the cake back to her and she told me I had trashed the cake and she would not refund me. We did not even eat the cake and it was not trashed...I have pictures. She is a rude, inconsiderate lady with no regard for customer satisfaction. Terrible business.

Sent on 06/24/2009

Cakes By Design Edible Art LLC.'s reply:

This person is crazy and harmfull and has threatened in all ways. Beware all vendors (She only wants to get her money back) and is writing everywhere... I refused to give her her money back, because we delivered what she asked for... I made her a purple 1969 plymouth car, (is which herself mentioned to de very ugly) refused to come in for an appointment... I am in shock. And in Gods hands, and hope there is a cure for crazy harmful people.